OH NO HERE COMES THE 'I HATE ODOM, TRADE ODOM, ODUMB' THREADS
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GameCock-MD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 11:06 am    Post subject: Re: OH NO HERE COMES THE 'I HATE ODOM, TRADE ODOM, ODUMB' THREADS

KBandKB wrote:
I know Lamar made a bad play. But his shot wasn't that bad. He had an open shot until Pau slid over to block it. I could think of 10 other reasons they lost:

missed free-throw by Kobe
Horrible PG Defense
Bad Cook shot
Referee's eyes
Kwame missed an easy 3 point play chance
Kwame didn't jump to defend Pau
and others...

Cool down. Lamar is hurt, he is their leading assist and rebounder, and second leading scorer.

Are you guys TRYING to call attention to LO?

Nobody was giving him any grief!

Why the F do people make so many threads defending a guy for NO reason ??? WHY, LORD??? WHY????????
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 1:05 pm    Post subject:

GameCock-MD, apparently you haven't seen the rest of this forum...
Props to you if you did... Lamar is getting battered and, I did notice that you were missing...

Amazing...
vvbandit
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 2:02 pm    Post subject:

I know you remember our little bet Shoes, and of course your boy did his damage once again. I told you it was just a matter of time, but did you listen, NOOOOOOOO.
vvbandit
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 2:06 pm    Post subject:

"you see J_L the haters love to exaggerate as if Odom screws up nitely... I know better. So lets see if they really believe there own Bull (bleep) or will they backoff..

This way in the future when they start lying and exaggeratting I can say hush, because you're just talking (bleep) and you don't believe that yourself!
If so they should be willing to stand by all that nonsense.

They know it, you know it and, I especially know it.... "

-The SHOES

LA_Lakers_Rule
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 2:51 pm    Post subject:

DaggerInTheHeart wrote:
Quote:

LA_Lakers_Rule wrote:
Quote:

Fact is we don't win many games without Odom

How is that a fact? your actting like we win alot more games with Lamar then we lose games without Lamar.

THE FACT IS, we still lose with Lamar or without Lamar.

It doesn't change the concept of the team because at the end of the day the W's only matter and as far as i'm concern

We have a mediocre record of 25-25 and those 23 loses we had was with Odom playing.

I'm glad you logged this typical post, it is very exempliary of the absolute bias that so many have regarding Odom and the Laker team.

Speaking of "facts", are the facts:

Both of the recent games that Odom missed the Lakers weren't even nearly in them and had no chance to win.

Of the 25 losses the season 12, right about half, of those games the Lakers have lost by 6 points or less.

Of those 12 games the Lakers lost 4 in OT and were absolutely in a position to win all 12, most of which the Lakers held a lead within minutes and even seconds of the end of the game.

So I think it is clear that the fact is the Lakers with Odom had half of the loses where the Lakers could easily have won with 4 OT's.

On the other hand the Lakers were dominated on both games without Odom one team with a 11-38 record at the time and the other team barely over 500.

To put it another way with Odom the Lakers were 37-12 as far as games that they could have easily won.

Without Odom they are 0-2 in games that they could have won.

To put it even another way, WITH Odom the Lakers have lost 7 out of 50 games by 10 or more points, WITHOUT Odom the Lakers have lost 2 out of 2 (all of their games) by 10 or more points.

I realize this is not necessarily scientific, but regardless the stats or irrefutable and if you can't see the clear evidence that supports how the Lakers are at least competitive and capable of winning games with Odom and just do not have it at all without Odom, then I can't help you.

The Lakers could easily have at least another 6 wins out of those 12 close losses in regards to the total of losses for the season with Odom.

On the other hand it is clear that Lakers were in no position to win the two games without Odom.

Odds are that we would have never been even close in any of those games without Odom as supported by the two games we had without him and on top of that likely would have many more losses resulting in a worst record than last season.

Big difference as clear as day, my friend, even if you chose to not admit it

Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers ...

Last edited by LA_Lakers_Rule on Sun Feb 12, 2006 3:00 pm; edited 2 times in total
Worthy42
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 2:53 pm    Post subject:

Those games without Lamar, we didn't even have the lead for those games. It was horrible. Over 120+ minutes or something without a game lead. We finally broke it in the Dallas game for a split second though...but ya, we're even worse then a short handed Bobcats team without Lamar.
LA_Lakers_Rule
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 3:08 pm    Post subject:

^ Also the Dallas game was Odom's first game back he is not himself even now, but for certain he was just getting his legs, wind and checking things out in that Dallas game.

Fact is it's going to be a while before Odom can play back to full strength, but even Odom at partial strength is better than no Odom at all.

Those two games without him with NO LEADS and no chance to win prove that, imo.

Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers ...
Mr. Mojo Risin
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 3:12 pm    Post subject: Re: OH NO HERE COMES THE 'I HATE ODOM, TRADE ODOM, ODUMB' THREADS

KBandKB wrote:
I know Lamar made a bad play. But his shot wasn't that bad. He had an open shot until Pau slid over to block it. I could think of 10 other reasons they lost:

missed free-throw by Kobe
Horrible PG Defense
Bad Cook shot
Referee's eyes
Kwame missed an easy 3 point play chance
Kwame didn't jump to defend Pau
and others...

Cool down. Lamar is hurt, he is their leading assist and rebounder, and second leading scorer.

I agree. Odom is the whipping boy too often.
LA_Lakers_Rule
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 6:05 pm    Post subject:

^ It is clear that fan frustrations are taken out on Odom because he doesn't score more.

Why do we even care whether he scores, simple because the Lakers are player 500 ball.

If we were winning games more regularily it would be a different story.

The fact is Odom will end up with the ball in his hands at critical juctures much of the time because this is what Phil wants done.

He wants Odom to be the "initiator" on the floor. If people have a problem with that then they have a gripe with Phil.

It is just plain common sense that the player with the ball in his hands will be susceptable to more errors simply because the opportunity for mistakes to happen is there as a result of the role they play.

PG's will be the one that will throw the ball away or make the wrong pass or shoot it when a better option should have been done instead simply because the ball is in their hands.

Odom has not played this role EXLUSIVELY that much of his career instead played more of a post up role in the past, for the most part.

I think we need to give Odom a little slack rather than always turning on him. He is supposed to take the shot as a last option for the most part within his role of getting others involved. This takes the pressure off of Kobe and allows him to have the season he is having.

One way to look at it is that Kobe's numbers would probably be down a little if Odom were to play more what others want him to do, which is of course not what Phils wants done anyway.

Posters are so quick to jump all over Odom that they unfairly blame him once again for shooting to quickly as was the case in Sac, when as it turns out it is a completely different situation with 52 seconds on the clock.

It just seems that many just want to look for anything to blame Odom.

He is playing hurt right now for one thing. Secondly with the role of "initiator" within the confines of Phil's Triangle he is doing what Phil wants. Odom is getting 5+ apg and pulling down close to 10 rpg. The 14+ points are incidental to Phil's role for Odom.

Like I said it all has a lot to do with fan frustration reflecting upon our record this year. If we were winning more no one would even care if Odom scored more or not. I don't see how we can expect Odom to be learning the Traingle in the "initiator" role and get everyone involved thus getting assists along with his rebounding and score as well. This is just to much to ask while he is learning the Triangle and is all very new to Odom.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: