LA Times: Jeanie Buss thwarts initial efforts from brothers to take over the Lakers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
msb212
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:30 pm    Post subject:

The people who are (bleep) and moaning about Jeanie in this thread are oblivious to the fact that the only part of the team which has functioned properly since the death of Dr Buss is the business side - jeanie's purview. They signed the most lucrative tv deal in NBA history. Despite their record, ticket prices remain at the top of the league. Sponsorships continue to rake in big bucks. And, Jeanie was smart enough to know that she needed a basketball expert she could trust - enter Magic.

Nows look at the basketball side - a complete failure in every respect. Worst record in laker history.

And you all are complaining who won? please.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:40 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
Earvin Magic Johnson Verified account @MagicJohnson

I know in my heart that Byron Scott will be back coaching in the NBA soon because he's a great coach!

Los Angeles, our @RamsNFL are showing us they're trying to win by trading 6 picks for the No. 1 pick! I love it!

Earvin Magic Johnson @MagicJohnson
I love the incredible insight and expert analysis you'll always find on @ESPN_FirstTake with Skip, Stephen A. & Cari. Love you guys!

If Brandon Knight were to come out, I would take him number 1 in the draft.

Earvin Magic Johnson
‏@MagicJohnson
The Brooklyn Nets probably have the most talent and could possibly win the NBA Championship.

If anyone else on these forums made these comments they would be laughed at and would be told they were not fit to run the Lakers.

Magic is very complimentary by nature and just picking up his buddy Byron. Magic says things that are flavors of the month. Brandon Knight #1 isn't so crazy at the time. Go back and take a look at the 2011 draft. Kyrie was #1, look who's #2, #3, #4, etc. Klay was #11 and Kawhi was #15. So most GM's didn't know the future. You can laugh at these things in HINDSIGHT. Just like you can laugh at Jerry West for saying in 1994, "Glen Robinson was the best player in basketball." Reporter asked, "In college ball?" West responded, "In basketball, period."

You can try and defend some of his comments but to think the nets trade was good for New Jersey is insane! If a random poster posted this to you, I think you would be wondering how much this guy understand how to build teams.
Ujah's Goat
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:44 pm    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:

He might be "self made" but he only got there because hes 6'9 and the best passer of all-time. Put him in a 5'3 135 lbs body and he never does anything worth wild.

He also tweeted some very stupid things and most of them were about moves he would make. Ever since he has arrived it has been a pr nightmare.

The only thing I like so far is Rob joining the team. So I'm going to give the new FO sometime to figure things out but make a huge mistake and Id give them the axe.

And to Laker4life Yeah Jim needed to go

Love the undertones here. Well done.

LMAO @ your "ever since he has arrived = pr nightmare" comment, where have you been for the past 3 years? So wrong
Sago
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:45 pm    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:

I know in my heart that Byron Scott will be back coaching in the NBA soon because he's a great coach!

Los Angeles, our @RamsNFL are showing us they're trying to win by trading 6 picks for the No. 1 pick! I love it!

I love the incredible insight and expert analysis you'll always find on @ESPN_FirstTake with Skip, Stephen A. & Cari. Love you guys!

Earvin Magic Johnson
‏@MagicJohnson
The Brooklyn Nets probably have the most talent and could possibly win the NBA Championship.

If anyone else on these forums made these comments they would be laughed at and would be told they were not fit to run the Lakers.

Magic is very complimentary by nature and just picking up his buddy Byron. Magic says things that are flavors of the month. Brandon Knight #1 isn't so crazy at the time. Go back and take a look at the 2011 draft. Kyrie was #1, look who's #2, #3, #4, etc. Klay was #11 and Kawhi was #15. So most GM's didn't know the future. You can laugh at these things in HINDSIGHT. Just like you can laugh at Jerry West for saying in 1994, "Glen Robinson was the best player in basketball." Reporter asked, "In college ball?" West responded, "In basketball, period."

You can try and defend some of his comments but to think the nets trade was good for New Jersey is insane! If a random poster posted this to you, I think you would be wondering how much this guy understand how to build teams.

By this logic : quality of tweets = success
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:49 pm    Post subject:

Sago wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:

Earvin Magic Johnson
‏@MagicJohnson

By this logic who cares what people say words mean nothing. I could support the worst trade in nba history but hey who cares because I'm a Lakers idol.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:50 pm    Post subject:

msb212 wrote:
The people who are (bleep) and moaning about Jeanie in this thread are oblivious to the fact that the only part of the team which has functioned properly since the death of Dr Buss is the business side - jeanie's purview. They signed the most lucrative tv deal in NBA history. Despite their record, ticket prices remain at the top of the league. Sponsorships continue to rake in big bucks. And, Jeanie was smart enough to know that she needed a basketball expert she could trust - enter Magic.

Nows look at the basketball side - a complete failure in every respect. Worst record in laker history.

And the "business" aspect is also why you gave $48 million to Kobe. Nobody, including Jeannie, had the cajones to NOT extend Kobe. We've been replenishing more top flight rookies because we hit rock bottom. The other way to do it is to be middle of the road with no top flight rookies, which I've been through in the 90's. I was very critical of West for hanging on to everybody until they either retired or walk, and we may be on a 29 yr drought had Shaq resigned with Orlando. West was lucky, there is no exact science to this. I like where we were heading with all the top picks, and I thought Mitch/Jim deserved more time than half a season post Kobe. We're only 6 yrs separated from the last title. West and Buss had a longer drought between 88-2000.
Sago
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:51 pm    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
Sago wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:

Earvin Magic Johnson
‏@MagicJohnson

By this logic who cares what people say words mean nothing. I could support the worst trade in nba history but hey who cares because I'm a Lakers idol.

You can overreact all you want. It won't change the fact that he's running the show now. All we can do is sit and watch what happens and not cry about something that hasn't happened yet.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:52 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
msb212 wrote:

And the "business" aspect is also why you gave $48 million to Kobe. Nobody, including Jeannie, had the cajones to NOT extend Kobe. We've been replenishing more top flight rookies because we hit rock bottom. The other way to do it is to be middle of the road with no top flight rookies, which I've been through in the 90's. I was very critical of West for hanging on to everybody until they either retired or walk, and we may be on a 29 yr drought had Shaq resigned with Orlando. West was lucky, there is no exact science to this. I like where we were heading with all the top picks, and I thought Mitch/Jim deserved more time than half a season post Kobe. We're only 6 yrs separated from the last title. West and Buss had a longer drought between 88-2000.

Mitch/Jim didnt deserve anything they should of been fired the day they signed Mozgov
Daphanabe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:55 pm    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:

Earvin Magic Johnson
‏@MagicJohnson

“Fooling around with alternating current (AC) is just a waste of time. Nobody will use it, ever.” - Thomas Edison

“There is not the slightest indication that nuclear energy will ever be obtainable. It would mean that the atom would have to be shattered at will.”  - Albert Einstein

Einstein and Edison are incompetent!

Last edited by Daphanabe on Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:56 pm    Post subject:

Sago wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
Sago wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:

Earvin Magic Johnson
‏@MagicJohnson

You can overreact all you want. It won't change the fact that he's running the show now. All we can do is sit and watch what happens and not cry about something that hasn't happened yet.

I do accepted that he runs the team and hope he wins.

But I'm not crying and I'm not overreacting, all I'm doing is defending my opinions. Don't like me defending myself don't post.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:57 pm    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
Sago wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:

Earvin Magic Johnson
‏@MagicJohnson

Jesus.. I don't like want Jeannie did probably more than anybody in this forum, but it's done. Support the team or jump ship. Give Magic a chance instead of judging him already like you can see the future. And if you are a mystic seer, and it does look that bleak to you, nobody is forcing you to stay a Laker fan.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:58 pm    Post subject:

Edit: resolved

Last edited by Lucky_Shot on Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Sago
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:59 pm    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
Sago wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
Sago wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:

Earvin Magic Johnson
‏@MagicJohnson

But I'm not crying and I'm not overreacting, all I'm doing is defending my opinions. Don't like me defending myself don't post.

Exactly my point. Overreaction and crying. If you can't deal with people giving you a rebuttal then don't reply.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:00 pm    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
msb212 wrote:

Mitch/Jim didnt deserve anything they should of been fired the day they signed Mozgov

And they were. So what's your problem? I guess Magic? Give him a chance.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:04 pm    Post subject:

Sago wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
Sago wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
Sago wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:

Earvin Magic Johnson
‏@MagicJohnson

Exactly my point. Overreaction and crying. If you can't deal with people giving you a rebuttal then don't reply.

I'm dealing with it just fine but I'm not the one who is make accusations, you are. Like I said just Defending myself.
TransientTexan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:07 pm    Post subject:

msb212 wrote:

It's ludicrous to compare the business side to the basketball side. The basketball side of the NBA deliberately punishes successful teams (causing the need for rebuilds), while the business side is a free market for the most part. The business side in LA plays with a stacked deck.
Daphanabe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:09 pm    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
Daphanabe wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:

Earvin Magic Johnson
‏@MagicJohnson

“Fooling around with alternating current (AC) is just a waste of time. Nobody will use it, ever.” - Thomas Edison

“There is not the slightest indication that nuclear energy will ever be obtainable. It would mean that the atom would have to be shattered at will.”  - Albert Einstein

Lucky_Shot: "Einstein and Edison are incompetent"

first don"t use my name to make fake quotes.

"If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough, it will be believed." Hitler, because words don't matter

And now we've hit Godwin's law --

"there is a tradition in many newsgroups and other Internet discussion forums that once such a comparison is made, the thread is finished and whoever mentioned Hitler has automatically lost whatever debate was in progress."
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:10 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
msb212 wrote:

And they were. So what's your problem? I guess Magic? Give him a chance.

I'll give him a chance, but just like when they signed B.Scott I gave him chance but I was thrilled either.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:15 pm    Post subject:

Edit:resolved

Last edited by Lucky_Shot on Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:49 am; edited 2 times in total
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:16 pm    Post subject:

double post
HumanVictoryCigar
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:20 pm    Post subject:

"Ron Pelinsky" is introduced tomorrow at 1pm.
Daphanabe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:22 pm    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
Daphanabe wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
Daphanabe wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:

Earvin Magic Johnson
‏@MagicJohnson

Lucky_Shot: "Einstein and Edison are incompetent"

first don"t use my name to make fake quotes.

"If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough, it will be believed." Hitler, because words don't matter

And now we've hit Godwin's law --

"there is a tradition in many newsgroups and other Internet discussion forums that once such a comparison is made, the thread is finished and whoever mentioned Hitler has automatically lost whatever debate was in progress."

look just don't use my name in a fake quote okay. no big deal

Done! Cheers.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:23 pm    Post subject:

Daphanabe wrote:

Done! Cheers.

Thanks I didnt mean to be a butthead

Last edited by Lucky_Shot on Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Daphanabe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:26 pm    Post subject:

TransientTexan wrote:
msb212 wrote:

It's ludicrous to compare the business side to the basketball side. The basketball side of the NBA deliberately punishes successful teams (causing the need for rebuilds), while the business side is a free market for the most part. The business side in LA plays with a stacked deck.

Amazing
- When it's Jeanine's success: "Stacked deck!" (can't possibly be her)
- When it's Jim failure: "It's not him" (big bad NBA making Jim act the idiotic way he did)

Forget the fact that good teams like San Antonio haven't had to rebuild because of good FO management.
TransientTexan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:32 pm    Post subject:

Daphanabe wrote:
TransientTexan wrote:
msb212 wrote:

Amazing
- When it's Jeanine's success: "Stacked deck!" (can't possibly be her)
- When it's Jim failure: "It's not him" (big bad NBA making Jim act the idiotic way he did)

Forget the fact that good teams like San Antonio haven't had to rebuild because of good FO management.

yea keep tossing out nonsensical strawman arguments

anecdotal exceptions like the Spurs do not disprove the general rule. just because something like that is possible does not mean it is probable
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47  Next
Page 43 of 47
Jump to: