Useless or annoying stuff that Stu Lantz says
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakez34
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:06 pm    Post subject:

Killakobe81 wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
zePokar wrote:
Stu's really not that bad.

He is, but he's a Lakers icon, and one of the only remaining ones at this point unfortunately. So he gets a pass.

This. He was good or at least decent when paired with chick. But without Hearn he has just been progressively worse.

But he does love the LAkers, he is a link to "Chick n Stu" and maintains his objectivity. The fact some here wonder if even likes the Lakers, tells me he is being objective still.
He just doesn't sound like he has the same passion he used to. Back in his prime he gave you great insight on post play and talked about the work bigs had put in Pete NEwell's nig-man camp.

Maybe he doesnt like the modern NBA or he is just old and tired. I don't think he is very good at this point but he is a "made man" and untouchable.

I find very few analysts provide much better insight than he does, and he still seems connected to the game through various players, etc based on the few personal anecdotes he on rare occasion throws out.

Quote:

He just doesn't sound like he has the same passion he used to. Back in his prime he gave you great insight on post play and talked about the work bigs had put in Pete NEwell's big-man camp.

I do agree with this, and think this is a factor in him having lost some interest in the role - in that he just doesn't enjoy the spread out live/die by the 3 free flowing game of today as much as he did the prior game where big men, post play and strong footwork in the post were key differentiators for teams. These days, with exception of a few of our super teams, there is very little differentiation in talent team to team (3 and D, interchangeable players, no single "star" to carry team game to game, little iso play, little post play, etc).
PengShow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:10 pm    Post subject:

I like Stu, if you have NBA league pass and you watch teams other than the Lakers you'll come to realise how many homers there are with the other teams.

Stu keeps it real.
Barry Seal
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:04 pm    Post subject:

You know the team has been bad and irrelevant when it's 14 pages complaining about Stu Lantz. Thank You LeBron
PartyMan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:19 pm    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
PartyMan wrote:
We may not have the best announcers, but we sure as hell don't have the worst.

I tend to enjoy the national broadcasts best, unless it's the Inside the NBA crew... They're great at that show but should be nowhere near courtside.

Who has better announcers than we do? We have fair unbiased commentators that stick to discussing the actual game

I don't know. My point was there are a lot of terrible ones out there, so there is no need to (bleep) and moan about Stu.
Freddie Buckets
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:24 pm    Post subject:

PengShow wrote:
I like Stu, if you have NBA league pass and you watch teams other than the Lakers you'll come to realise how many homers there are with the other teams.

Stu keeps it real.

rockets annoucers are the worst
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:37 pm    Post subject:

an overhaul of the whole broadcast would be nice...starting with the volley ball crew lead by Geeter

any chance we will graduate to basketball people behind the desk?
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:21 pm    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:
an overhaul of the whole broadcast would be nice...starting with the volley ball crew lead by Geeter

I actually like Chris. Comes off like an authentic Lakers fan.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:24 pm    Post subject:

Also, people don't understand why Stu is the way he is. He had to be Chick's sidekick for years. Game after game being cut off mid sentence by the greatest voice in history. I'm sure it took a toll. Now he takes it out on all his cohosts
JamaalWilkes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:09 am    Post subject:

On the Lakers
Basketball
Network
RobinInHood
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 2:29 am    Post subject:

PengShow wrote:

Stu keeps it real.

This. Most of them sucks the big one. I have no problem with Stu really and although I like Billy Mac’s enthusiasm, would love to have a new voice commentating this coming season. Someone who’s balls actually dropped.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:23 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:

I actually like Chris. Comes off like an authentic Lakers fan.

that is the problem...I don't want a fanboy shrieking for an autograph give me some young buck that knows basketball game theory
CabinCreek44
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:47 am    Post subject:

Stu is getting up there and maybe he's been around a bit too long at this point. As to his possibly not appreciating the style of play today, if that's true he would be correct in feeling that way imo.

The game has become boring. It's devolved into too much pass the ball around the perimeter and wait for someone to jack up a 3. After a season of watching their 7-footer Brook Lopez camp out at the 3 point line and launch approximately 4.5 trey attempts per game, Laker fans might be acutely aware of the problem.

As to the Lakers TV presentation, it is pathetic that the franchise which gave the world the great Chick Hearn continues to have its broadcasts mired in the D League. And in looking across the "Spectrum" at the slick but empty studio presentation, and the relentlessly insipid performances of Bill McDonald, Stu Lantz is the least of the problems. By far.
RobinInHood
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:28 am    Post subject:

I agree. They should try enticing Mike Breen to come and be the commentator for the Lakers. Give him an offer he can’t refuse.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:20 am    Post subject:

CabinCreek44 wrote:
Stu is getting up there and maybe he's been around a bit too long at this point. As to his possibly not appreciating the style of play today, if that's true he would be correct in feeling that way imo.

The game has become boring. It's devolved into too much pass the ball around the perimeter and wait for someone to jack up a 3. After a season of watching their 7-footer Brook Lopez camp out at the 3 point line and launch approximately 4.5 trey attempts per game, Laker fans might be acutely aware of the problem.

nuNBA is that. much. worse. to watch when your team is 29th in 3FGA. It becomes that much more obvious how assbackwards you are compared to the teams that spearheaded the change in format.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:43 am    Post subject:

CabinCreek44 wrote:

The game has become boring. It's devolved into too much pass the ball around the perimeter and wait for someone to jack up a 3.
After a season of watching their 7-footer Brook Lopez camp out at the 3 point line and launch approximately 4.5 trey attempts per game, Laker fans might be acutely aware of the problem.

As to the Lakers TV presentation, it is pathetic that the franchise which gave the world the great Chick Hearn continues to have its broadcasts mired in the D League. And in looking across the "Spectrum" at the slick but empty studio presentation, and the relentlessly insipid performances of Bill McDonald, Stu Lantz is the least of the problems. By far.

That's how most old-timers describe the modern game, but it isn't nearly as shallow as that. The only team that really fits that description is Houston.

And FWIW, I find the style of play in modern games to be a lot more entertaining than games from 30 years ago or more.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:55 am    Post subject:

I actively seek out Lakers highlights from TNT or ESPN because I can't listen to the same voice that does "JAAAAAAck in the box" and "good tiiieeeemez" call out an exciting play.

It's going to be pretty bad this year. Our guys are classy, but they're not exciting.
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:04 pm    Post subject:

useless or annoying whiny complaints that strange LG Laker fans make!!

Stu is solid. Your hate of him, is not different than other folks hate of the Lakers in general.

Boring!!
GTL
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:59 pm    Post subject:

"LeBron says, I'm bringing my dunking game today, and nobody is going to stop me from jamming it in, no matter when or where, who or why, and it's definitely noiiiiceeeee...on the Lakers, basketball network".

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c246/krazygreen/stumf1.jpg

Last edited by GTL on Sat Aug 04, 2018 2:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Legacy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:05 pm    Post subject:

"Lonzo passes the ball, & LeBron says, 'I know what to do with it young fella'. Splaaaash."

I like Stu.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:08 pm    Post subject:

You two have now succeeded in making me regret the Lebron signing.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:21 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
CabinCreek44 wrote:

nuNBA is that. much. worse. to watch when your team is 29th in 3FGA. It becomes that much more obvious how assbackwards you are compared to the teams that spearheaded the change in format.

It kinda bugs me that Jerry West (in the midst of our Kobe/Pau chips) was part of the rules committee that changed basketball away from paint and iso play.
Meanwhile he joins an organization suited to profit from the rules changes (GS).
dubaholic1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:32 pm    Post subject:

Stu is beyond reproach. That man is a Los Angeles treasure.

GTL
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 2:27 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
You two have now succeeded in making me regret the Lebron signing.

RobinInHood
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:18 pm    Post subject:

Legacy wrote:
"Lonzo passes the ball, & LeBron says, 'I know what to do with it young fella'. Splaaaash."

I like Stu.

What’s the name of the commentator that did all the play-by-play during the Summer League? On ESPN that is.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:47 pm    Post subject:

Grumpy old man needs to retire already.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 14 of 17
Jump to: