Official 2016-17 mattress thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
oldschool32
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Posts: 19725

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:44 am    Post subject:

DeeAgeaux wrote:
oldschool32 wrote:
Anything out there that doesn't get the dip/body prints in it? I need something that stays flat. I have some back and neck issues and really need a good mattress. I don't want anything that conforms to my body. I don't want to be stuck in one spot all night. I want to be able to turn and move, and not roll back down into the previous spot.


Dips is what happens when a mattress gets old. All mattresses get old. It depends on use and how heavy you are plus if you regularly sleep with a partner and how heavy they are. And the quality of the mattress. A high quality mattress last longer.


Sounds like you want the same mattress as HL&TN

https://customcomfortmattress.com/shop/?pa_firmness=extra-firm


A good high quality latex mattress is spendy. But if cost were no object I would get a Royal Pedic 7 Zone latex mattress with pillow top. Royal Pedic mattresses are made in Los Angeles.

http://www.royal-pedic.com/RLAT.asp


BTW a good memory foam bed doesn't stick you in one spot all night. It allows you to stay in one spot all night because it allows good blood flow. You don't need to move around to prevent your extremities from going numb because they lack blood flow. Memory foam at around 5.3 lbs per square foot allow you to sink in 4-6" and envelope your body. Some people dig this. "Cool" memory foams at around 7 lbs per square foot or higher allow you to sink in around 1-2" giving a feel more like conventional mattresses.


I'm going to take a look at the latex mattresses. Thanks for the idea.
_________________
"It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up."-The Greatest
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 18 Dec 2015
Posts: 2906
Location: So what's the uh...topic of discussion?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:02 pm    Post subject:

oldschool32 wrote:
LakersRGolden wrote:
oldschool32 wrote:
Anything out there that doesn't get the dip/body prints in it? I need something that stays flat. I have some back and neck issues and really need a good mattress. I don't want anything that conforms to my body. I don't want to be stuck in one spot all night. I want to be able to turn and move, and not roll back down into the previous spot.


Get a very firm mattress with a pillowtop to adjust comfort level.


I was thinking about getting a mattress on the firmer side, but I'll probably leave the pillow top portion out. I've had trouble with pillow top in the past.


Pillowtops are great if you're built like a cambodian badminton player. But if you weigh more than 116 lbs, they're mushy.
_________________
"All wars are civil wars, because all men are brothers."
http://forums.lakersground.net/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=13018
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DeeAgeaux
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 11 Apr 2009
Posts: 993

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:10 pm    Post subject:

Huey Lewis & The News wrote:

Pillowtops are great if you're built like a cambodian badminton player. But if you weigh more than 116 lbs, they're mushy.



I am built like a NFL offensive lineman but 5'10".
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 18 Dec 2015
Posts: 2906
Location: So what's the uh...topic of discussion?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:26 pm    Post subject:

DeeAgeaux wrote:
Huey Lewis & The News wrote:

Pillowtops are great if you're built like a cambodian badminton player. But if you weigh more than 116 lbs, they're mushy.



I am built like a NFL offensive lineman but 5'10".


And you like pillowtops? Do you sleep with someone who concentrates your combined weight in one spot?
_________________
"All wars are civil wars, because all men are brothers."
http://forums.lakersground.net/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=13018
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DeeAgeaux
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 11 Apr 2009
Posts: 993

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:52 pm    Post subject:

Huey Lewis & The News wrote:
DeeAgeaux wrote:
Huey Lewis & The News wrote:

Pillowtops are great if you're built like a cambodian badminton player. But if you weigh more than 116 lbs, they're mushy.



I am built like a NFL offensive lineman but 5'10".


And you like pillowtops? Do you sleep with someone who concentrates your combined weight in one spot?


I have been sleeping on memory foam (now on cool foam) for almost 20 years so no pillowtop. But if I decided to blow my "Tesla Model 3 Money" on a mattress and a European vacation instead I would get the Royal Pedic 7 Zone latex with pillowtop.

My girl does not like to fall asleep spooned. She says I am a furnace.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DeeAgeaux
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 11 Apr 2009
Posts: 993

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:20 am    Post subject:

Royal pedic video include Fox 11 News overnight comparison to temperpedic, sleep number, water(tube) bed, plus a few others. Then a background on the company and all their mattresses including their 7 zone latex bed. Vid 10 years old.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZejG2swN-s
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DeeAgeaux
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 11 Apr 2009
Posts: 993

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 2:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Official 2016-17 mattress thread

Huey Lewis & The News wrote:
post great mattresses

I need a new one

king

extra firm


What did you end up getting?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LarryCoon
Site Staff
Site Staff


Joined: 11 Aug 2002
Posts: 9861

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:56 pm    Post subject:

LakersRGolden wrote:
DeeAgeaux wrote:
For a traditional innerspring mattress I would go with Custom Comfort Mattress.

They are made in Orange County

https://customcomfortmattress.com/shop/?pa_firmness=extra-firm


If you want or are willing to go new tech Purple Mattress.

This is more med-firm to firm than extra firm but worth considering IMO.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCX7Afve778_kuhkGXm0RsCg


+1 for Custom Comfort. I've had mine for 6 years. Still extremely comfortable and holding up well.


Another +1 for Custom Comfort. I have three of them; all are great. Oldest is about 17 years old (and I agree about the manufacturer marketing BS).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Lamar's Bud
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Posts: 1580

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:57 pm    Post subject:

LarryCoon wrote:
LakersRGolden wrote:
DeeAgeaux wrote:
For a traditional innerspring mattress I would go with Custom Comfort Mattress.

They are made in Orange County

https://customcomfortmattress.com/shop/?pa_firmness=extra-firm


If you want or are willing to go new tech Purple Mattress.

This is more med-firm to firm than extra firm but worth considering IMO.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCX7Afve778_kuhkGXm0RsCg


+1 for Custom Comfort. I've had mine for 6 years. Still extremely comfortable and holding up well.


Another +1 for Custom Comfort. I have three of them; all are great. Oldest is about 17 years old (and I agree about the manufacturer marketing BS).


+1 more for Custom Comfort. I've only owned for about a year, but have been very satisfied to this point. Compared to the Serta mattress we bought my daughter the year before, it oozes quality. Admittedly I had a bit of sticker shock when it finally came down to the price, but I was also dealing with some back issues at the time and for as long as these should last, comfort shouldn't be compromised to save some cents per night and wake up in pain.

FWIW, my in laws use our bed when they visit and they love it too. It isn't even one of CCM's high-end mattresses.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 18 Dec 2015
Posts: 2906
Location: So what's the uh...topic of discussion?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:07 am    Post subject: Re: Official 2016-17 mattress thread

DeeAgeaux wrote:
Huey Lewis & The News wrote:
post great mattresses

I need a new one

king

extra firm


What did you end up getting?


https://www.sitnsleep.com/technogel-armonia-mattress

pretty damned great sleep on this thing but it's only been 5 months
_________________
"All wars are civil wars, because all men are brothers."
http://forums.lakersground.net/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=13018
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 24 Oct 2001
Posts: 38755

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:21 am    Post subject:

Water bed with lava lamps in the room and shag rug.

You will absolutely kill with the ladies....
_________________
Love, Laker Lanny
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
unleasHell
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 16 Apr 2001
Posts: 8448
Location: Stay Thirsty my Friends

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:47 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
Water bed with lava lamps in the room and shag rug.

You will absolutely kill with the ladies....


Sounds groovy, but don't forget the black lights and the fuzzy glowing peace sign posters...
_________________
BRING ON THE DANCING HORSES...!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2010 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB