OFFICIAL ROB PELINKA THREAD.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 43, 44, 45 ... 241, 242, 243  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
€H£M£$TR¥
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 11:01 am    Post subject:

LKA wrote:
€H£M£$TR¥ wrote:
LKA wrote:
BI is the future of the franchise and I'm all in

🍪 🍪 🍪 🍪 🍪 🍪

Said the Greatest Laker fan in the world.

FIFY

Those words would never be mine ..

Indeed - you are not worthy.
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 11:02 am    Post subject:

€H£M£$TR¥ wrote:
LKA wrote:
€H£M£$TR¥ wrote:
LKA wrote:
BI is the future of the franchise and I'm all in

🍪 🍪 🍪 🍪 🍪 🍪

Said the Greatest Laker fan in the world.

FIFY

Those words would never be mine ..

Indeed - you are not worthy.

Or I have too much common sense..
LuciusAllen
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 11:06 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Maybe he wasn't the problem after all.

Or maybe he is.

Or maybe he isn't.

Or maybe he is...

I agree. And disagree. And agree ...

(And this, folks, is being a Lakers fan right now, in a nutshell.)
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 11:13 am    Post subject:

I also liked that he brought up the idea of bringing smaller agents on board.

Makes me think he won't swing for the fences and make another stupid Godfather offer.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 11:15 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:

Makes me think he won't swing for the fences and make another stupid Godfather offer.

That's why I'm saving judgement until free agency is over.
av3773
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 11:22 am    Post subject:

Pelinka has a pretty straightforward path to shutting up Magic and critics....build a competitive roster....if he does the contrast of the two seasons will speak for itself
HBLaker
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 11:24 am    Post subject:

I am really really trying to find a reason to hate Pelinka.

I know it has been reported that "no one likes him" and that supposedly people think it is a problem when dealing with other teams...

But I just have not seen this "unlikable" part of him yet. Because he is hard nosed in business deals? And that is a problem?
LAL1947
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 11:26 am    Post subject:

LKA wrote:
Rob Pelinka is the future of the franchise and I'm all in

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Said no one.

I will volunteer to say it, or something to that effect. Rob Pelinka is part of the future of the franchise for now as the GM, and I'm all in... until or unless he proves otherwise. He hasn't given me a reason not to be all-in so far... and so as a Lakers fan, I will be hoping he doesn't ever prove otherwise because I only want the best for our team. Also, long-term FO "dynasties" kinda rock... so it would be nice to have a long-term, stable and successful FO again.

Last edited by LAL1947 on Mon May 20, 2019 11:26 am; edited 1 time in total
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 11:26 am    Post subject:

HBLaker wrote:

I know it has been reported that "no one likes him" and that supposedly people think it is a problem when dealing with other teams...

But I just have not seen this "unlikable" part of him yet. Because he is hard nosed in business deals? And that is a problem?

It's because like everyone else in the Lakers organization he isn't qualified
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 11:28 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:

As long as that is what he believes in and is effective in executing the plan.

If it’s to save face because no one is coming, we are screwed. Passive aggressive Lebron would indicate that they just swung again and missed...we shall see.

It’s very much wait and see with Pelinka but he basically has limited time to prove it between now and first week of July.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 11:31 am    Post subject:

HBLaker wrote:

I think one of the things that is good about him is that you don't know which way he's going.

They were preaching togetherness... but I could see him trading a lot of pieces if the right deal came along.

I truly couldn't tell you if he was going for AD... or if he was going for the longer term rebuild.

This sucks for the players... but it's good if you are a businessman or poker player.

The thing about Rob is that he's not going to leak what he's doing, it will just happen.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 11:33 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

As long as that is what he believes in and is effective in executing the plan.

If it’s to save face because no one is coming, we are screwed. Passive aggressive Lebron would indicate that they just swung again and missed...we shall see.

It’s very much wait and see with Pelinka but he basically has limited time to prove it between now and first week of July.

It's already a sticky situation because of the previous damage with the Godfather offer. They already lost their credibility with the young kids so they either have to bend over backwards to build it back... or they just clean house and start over.

If they can get fair market value... it makes sense to trade some pieces... if they can't... it's better to kiss their asses for awhile and take the longer rebuild approach.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 11:38 am    Post subject:

I have to believe Rob knows how to build relationships with players being a former top sports agent. The people who dislike him are likely people he out smarted. I’m not worried about his relationship with front offices.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 11:41 am    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
I have to believe Rob knows how to build relationships with players being a former top sports agent. The people who dislike him are likely people he out smarted. I’m not worried about his relationship with front offices.

I'm with you Car....Let's see what roster he puts together.
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 11:42 am    Post subject:

Guess we’re rolling with Rob now.

If it’s Rob/Jesse/Ryan as the primary brain trust with Phil and Kurt as “consultants”, then I’ll gladly settle for that.

If it’s the other way around, I’ll be very disappointed.

We’ll find out come draft and FA.
vicman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 11:43 am    Post subject:

Rob handled the press conference well. It is a big year for him if he does a good job we won’t be talking about it if he doesn’t win then he is in trouble. All the noise now is just noise. The media loves to pile on the lakers right now making a much bigger deal of everything then there needs to be.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

King Randle wrote:
Car54 wrote:

Im with both of you but my concern falls not if he knows how to build relationships with players or whether he has an abrasive style of work, but rather if he knows how to build a basketball team. That was supposed to me Magic's job and hopefully he's not worse than that singing canary Magic.
The Gr8 Lakes
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

Rob built a hugely successful career representing players and getting them paid. He routinely sharked other Gm’s and is known for getting Boozer 25 mil more while dodging the Cavs. Why is this bad? What team or owner wouldn’t do the same in business? The narrative is so bad because Magic has done damage and his soldiers spread the tales. Give Rob one season to leave his fingerprints. 1. Let’s see. So far Magic took credit for all the bad thing and Kuz.

Longtime LG lurker.
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 11:44 am    Post subject:

Think Kobe will come out and say something in defense to his pal?
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 12:12 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
King Randle wrote:
Car54 wrote:

Im with both of you but my concern falls not if he knows how to build relationships with players or whether he has an abrasive style of work, but rather if he knows how to build a basketball team. That was supposed to me Magic's job and hopefully he's not worse than that singing canary Magic.

Perhaps, he'll be building the basketball team taking more input from the coaches (Vogel + Kidd) and scouting team (Ryan + Jesse) than we have done in the recent past? That sounds like a good thing, he won't be flying solo or blind. There's also Phil/Kurt/Kobe to provide guidance and assistance behind the scenes.

Last edited by LAL1947 on Mon May 20, 2019 12:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 12:14 pm    Post subject:

I would venture to guess that Rob is pissed off at Magic's interview, especially to come on the morning of the presser.

It's like Magic wanted to get one last dig in. It's kind of funny. Only because I dont think it'll be a big deal come June.
Day
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 12:17 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
I would venture to guess that Rob is pissed off at Magic's interview, especially to come on the morning of the presser.

It's like Magic wanted to get one last dig in. It's kind of funny. Only because I dont think it'll be a big deal come June.

If anything Rob should be grateful that Magic is delusional enough to go on live TV and take responsibility for all of the horrible decisions he made and actually try to defend them.
LAL1947
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 12:19 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:

Magic is pissing on the Lakers on national TV... and taking a dump over the introductory press conference of our new coach (who has not done a thing to him) with the timing of his interview. I don't think it's funny, it's very regrettable and unfair to Vogel too... so I've used the poopoo and peepee references only to show what I think about Magic's interview.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 12:19 pm    Post subject:

Day wrote:
epak wrote:

If anything Rob should be grateful that Magic is delusional enough to go on live TV and take responsibility for all of the horrible decisions he made and actually try to defend them.

That is a good point.
But hopefully, it was Magic w/ the bad decisions.
I mean, Magic seemed to imply that the Buss boys wanted to be involved and Magic wasn't really having that. I thought the Buss boys have been doing well the last couple of seasons.
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 12:26 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Day wrote:
epak wrote:

That is a good point.
But hopefully, it was Magic w/ the bad decisions.
I mean, Magic seemed to imply that the Buss boys wanted to be involved and Magic wasn't really having that. I thought the Buss boys have been doing well the last couple of seasons.

Yes they have, particularly Jesse.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 43, 44, 45 ... 241, 242, 243  Next
Page 44 of 243
Jump to: