OFFICIAL ROB PELINKA THREAD.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 55, 56, 57 ... 241, 242, 243  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 9:43 pm    Post subject:

LuciusAllen wrote:
The Lebrons wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:
If Pelinka botches this off-season without Magic around, he has no more excuses. Time to get rid of his ass.

He does, though. The Rambii. Right or wrong.

Pelinka seems to be quite skilled at shifting blame and escaping accountability. For whatever reason, he has a lot of support from Jeannie (and Linda).

I've read that Jeanie has been talking to Kobe quite a bit, and Kobe clearly has Rob's back. So there's that.

Firing Rob now may put the Lakers' relationship with Kobe at risk. I don't know if it's good or bad, but it's something they would need to consider.

Speaking of guys who have escaped accountability...

Wonder when the Kobe angle will become mainstream. He's the only reason Pelinka got this job. And now he is running the Lakers. Seems like we should talk about this more.
lakid
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 10:01 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:
ocho wrote:
Quote:
Allow him to have the summer to get things together.

Some questions.

1. Why?
2. What has he done to deserve that?
3. Why is this preferable to hiring an elite exec?

Bonus question:

If you answered #3 with "it isn't" then why is his employment acceptable?

Show me this elite executive who has been available? Don’t tell me Nerry West because he’s not a GM. Don’t tell me Bob Meyers because he wasn’t leaving GSW, don’t tell me David griffin because he got a job hire up than GM. So who is this almighty executive you think should be hired in Robs place. Sounds like you have more of a problem with the fact Rob doesn’t have the right people around him I.e. Tim Harris, Rambii, Magic Johnson instead of pie in the sky Jerry West, Pat Riley etc.

So again, I ask you,.. what big bad elite executive do you have in mind that would actually want to come to this (bleep) show?!??!!

Jerry West: he wouldn’t be our GM, but he could have been brought on in the advisor role he has had in GS and LAC. At least there’d be an adult in the room. But we didn’t even try.

Bob Myers: how do you know exactly he wouldn’t leave GS? He has LA ties. Open up the checkbook and make him a huge offer. Whoops. Cheap owner. Anyway, they don’t know if he’d leave GS because (and you’ll begin to notice a theme) they didn’t even try.

David Griffin: the exact same title he got in New Orleans was available to him here once Magic stepped down. But (you know where this is going) they didn’t even try.

Masai Ujiri would have been a great target. Neal Olshey before he signed his extension. Tim Connelly gave strong consideration to freaking Washington, a far worse situation than ours. But again (Everybody!) they didn’t even try. They did what they did with the coaching search. They settled.

Agree completely, Jeannie is a complete and total joke who is in way over her head. The pathetic inbreeding that she is using to make all of her decisions are continuously blowing up in her face and our franchise is completely lost. Right now the Lakers resemble USC football, in that both are premium programs with rich tradition that have become total dumpster fires by making a continuous stream of inbred type of hires in critical positions (head coaches, AD hires, GM hires, etc)
PHILosopher
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 12:56 pm    Post subject:

Thought I'd drop this here for those interested. I don't think Rob's story can be pure fiction.

Kobe was obsessed with the Joker back in the day. He made a few shoes an homage to the character.

https://sneakernews.com/2014/01/07/chaos-becomes-masterpiece-timeline-nike-kobe-chaos/
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 1:00 pm    Post subject:

PHILosopher wrote:
Thought I'd drop this here for those interested. I don't think Rob's story can be pure fiction.

Kobe was obsessed with the Joker back in the day. He made a few shoes an homage to the character.

https://sneakernews.com/2014/01/07/chaos-becomes-masterpiece-timeline-nike-kobe-chaos/

just skirting the truth? big problem in the US nowadays ...I prefer no demand only the truth save the rest for pillow talk

\ off soapbox
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 1:08 pm    Post subject:

PHILosopher wrote:

Help walk me through connecting the dots between being a fan of the movie and having Rob set up a dinner with a dead person.
tony smith
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 1:09 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
PHILosopher wrote:

Help walk me through connecting the dots between being a fan of the movie and having Rob set up a dinner with a dead person.

greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 1:10 pm    Post subject:

So the story was truthy just not truthful. Rob's a fan of the book The Alchemist. Perhaps he's trying to bend 2 + 2 into 3.
focus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 1:51 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
PHILosopher wrote:

Is it possible this was all while the movie was in production or not released yet and Kobe got some early view or idea of it or Ledger and met with him then? I am just purely speculating. Superstars get insider behind the scenes stuff and meet with other celebrities. Otherwise, it's pretty telling.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 1:59 pm    Post subject:

focus wrote:
ocho wrote:
PHILosopher wrote:

Is it possible this was all while the movie was in production or not released yet and Kobe got some early view or idea of it or Ledger and met with him then? I am just purely speculating. Superstars get insider behind the scenes stuff and meet with other celebrities. Otherwise, it's pretty telling.

it's possible but filming completed just two months before his death

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0468569/locations?ref_=tt_dt_dt#filming_dates
PHILosopher
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 3:54 pm    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:
focus wrote:
ocho wrote:
PHILosopher wrote:

it's possible but filming completed just two months before his death

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0468569/locations?ref_=tt_dt_dt#filming_dates

I hear y'all going from Kobe's obsession to Rob's story is a real stretch.

I was just happy to find something that shows it wasn't pure BS.

It was probably an exaggeration of some convo between Rob and Kobe about Heath.

Or maybe Kobe exaggerated something and then Rob inserted himself into the story to look cool in front of his friends. Lol

Definitely truthy, which still doesn't speak well about his character.
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 4:09 pm    Post subject:

The Lebrons wrote:
LuciusAllen wrote:
The Lebrons wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:
If Pelinka botches this off-season without Magic around, he has no more excuses. Time to get rid of his ass.

Pelinka seems to be quite skilled at shifting blame and escaping accountability. For whatever reason, he has a lot of support from Jeannie (and Linda).

I've read that Jeanie has been talking to Kobe quite a bit, and Kobe clearly has Rob's back. So there's that.

Firing Rob now may put the Lakers' relationship with Kobe at risk. I don't know if it's good or bad, but it's something they would need to consider.

Wonder when the Kobe angle will become mainstream. He's the only reason Pelinka got this job. And now he is running the Lakers. Seems like we should talk about this more.

Found Max Kellerman's alt
Laker_Jocker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 4:11 pm    Post subject:

This particular Pelinka criticism really might be much ado about nothing..at least it’s in the “who cares” category of non-truth. It was a long time ago and I do remember there being a lot of press about Ledger getting deeply into the character before and during filming....

Perhaps one possibility of low level non-truth could be that Pelinka is simply mis-remembering the event order. Perhaps Kobe heard about Ledger’s obsessive preparation (similar to Jim Carrey’s Andy Kaufman), arranged the dinner to discuss then saw the movie at a later time.

Isn’t it possible it’s all a conflation of events long ago articulated for the sake of his “story/point” when talking to The Rock and not necessarily an embarrassingly direct lie?

Just my .02
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 4:13 pm    Post subject:

I could care less if Rob exhumed the grave of Ledger and dragged his corpse to have a sit down with Kobe, if he lands us Kawhi this summer he's a good man in my book
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 4:20 pm    Post subject:

This thread reminds me of a convo I was having with MLK Jr. and Malcolm X yesterday over dinner.
They said, "kikanga, always remember, you're the realest out of the 3 of us". What could I say? Just gotta take the compliment sometimes.

Last edited by kikanga on Thu May 30, 2019 4:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
composite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 4:21 pm    Post subject:

trablos wrote:
I could care less if Rob exhumed the grave of Ledger and dragged his corpse to have a sit down with Kobe, if he lands us Kawhi this summer he's a good man in my book

defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 4:24 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
This thread reminds me of a convo I was having with MLK Jr. and Malcolm X yesterday over dinner.
They said, "kikanga, always remember, you're the realest out of the 3 of us". What could I say? Just gotta take the compliment sometimes.

I feel you... It's like the time i was with MikeTyson and he was getting too aggressive, so i punched him in the face and he apologized.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 4:26 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:

socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 7:48 pm    Post subject:

Rob likes to tell stories. Sometimes they’re fictional.
george w kush
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 8:33 pm    Post subject:

Just read about the comparison he made when he signed KCP, comparing him to loaves of bread falling from the sky. What is this dude smoking?
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 9:00 pm    Post subject:

george w kush wrote:
Just read about the comparison he made when he signed KCP, comparing him to loaves of bread falling from the sky. What is this dude smoking?

does he have a home in Denver? Could be mushrooms
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 9:03 pm    Post subject:

trablos wrote:
The Lebrons wrote:
LuciusAllen wrote:
The Lebrons wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:

Found Max Kellerman's alt

Whoa who whoa easy on the name calling.
PHILosopher
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 9:37 pm    Post subject:

I'm not trying to defend Rob. I'm just trying to wrap my mind around how he came up with such a bizzare story. Anyway, I found an old video where Kobe is quick to claim that if he's a super hero, he's Batman!

And apparently this Kobe is the Joker was a thing back in 2009

Last edited by PHILosopher on Thu May 30, 2019 9:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
PHILosopher
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 9:46 pm    Post subject:

One more. This from an article in The Undefeated in 2016. There's a section of the article called "The Joker is Laughing".

Quote:
"I don't play for the fame," Kobe says. "I don't play for the approvals. There is nothing you need to say to me. Just tell me what you need me to do. My love is already here for the game."

He searches for a metaphor to explain it further. There's a scene in "The Dark Knight" when Batman is threatening the Joker, he says. This is the role that Heath Ledger posthumously won an Academy Award for but that many point to as the beginning of his personal descent. A documentary later revealed that the troubled actor spent a month in a hotel room preparing for the role of the madman by staring at the walls and laughing. Ledger was so Method, he created a diary filled with stills from "A Clockwork Orange" and photos of cackling hyenas. He wrote "CHAOS" in capital letters and highlighted in green. Anytime he needed to get into character, he'd flip through the diary.

"The Joker is laughing," Kobe says, "because there's nothing you can threaten him with."
lakerlori
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 10:36 pm    Post subject:

textbook wrote:
I think Pelinka and Jeanie may be a thing. This would explain a lot of things and why he's still standing.

Never get why some of you say this because as far as I can tell Magic was the one making most of the bad decisions. From now on, at least we'll know Pelinka is to blame.
LAL1947
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 12:15 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:

That's not all they said though... go on, tell the rest how MLK Jr. and Malcolm also told you to listen to me because I'm always right!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 55, 56, 57 ... 241, 242, 243  Next
Page 56 of 243
Jump to: