OFFICIAL ROB PELINKA THREAD.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 65, 66, 67 ... 241, 242, 243  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:34 pm    Post subject:

Tick wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:
realking24 wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
ESPN LA talking about how LA didn’t negotiate the timing of the trade at all. They had Bobby Marks on and he’s the one who said it. They’re in stunned disbelief now discussing it.

Terrible and not surprising if true but hopefully it works out. If they give fuss about it then pull out and take assets away like the number 4 pick if they won’t cave to the Lakers demands but if this is true I mean my God how many different ways can Rob and Gang screw up this team even when their handed extremely favorable situations like the 4 th pick and AD wants to come to LA

GT says it best!! There wasn’t any skill in these negotiations between Rob and Griffin on Robs behalf . Wish we had Griffin

We get a 26 yo HoF talent for 2 injured kids with real flaws to their game when healthy...and somehow Rob is a scrub. Only in Laker land...

Agreed. I think Pelinka could be up for GM of the year. He gave up nothing but "potential" for Davis. BI, LB and Hart are not franchise changers. In fact, none of our top draft picks have been "all that." Kuzma has been the best of the lot and we get to keep him.

I don't believe in vapor, and I especially don't believe in "potential." In fact, whenever you hear anyone talk about potential, that's a tacit admission of someone not cutting it. You're hoping that they get better and you couch it with a word like "potential."

Potential doesn't mean a thing. It never did. I put potential right next to wishful thinking. You cut it or you don't. BI, Hart, and Lonzo were not cutting it. We now have a player that cuts it, and it cost us 3 players that don't cut it, and draft picks that don't mean a thing.

Tick: You and I agree on the potential versus known. It's interesting, I've seen folks using some real estate analogies to attack the trade. I see it the opposite. I have a piece of land you can have that has a guaranteed gold mine and oil refinery on it and will produce a constant high number or approximately 6 pieces of volatile land that has equal chance bust or be just as good. I'm going with the guaranteed gold mine and oil refinery.

For me it comes down to this. We have a guy, in AD, who is having a HoF type career *now*. He is on his way and he can be on your squad with a guy who will be in the HoF if he retired today. It's a no freaking brainer to me. 40% of our starting lineup with 2 HoFs on it, and one is in the middle of that career at 26? I'm in. Some folks act like a guy who pumps out 25 points and 10+ rebounds a game and plays tremendous D grow on trees or are a joke in this 3 point era. Go ahead and think that while I grow a team around AD (and for now, Lebron) and compete for Championships.
dabask11
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:40 pm    Post subject:

SumminFunny wrote:
dabask11 wrote:
SumminFunny wrote:
Yep. As previously stated, only in Laker land can we land another top 5 player and still call out the general manager.

Like it or not, we just traded 3 non all-stars and picks for possibly the best player in the game. Now just because we might lose out on 4 million in salary cap. Might. He should be fired?

Cmon guys. Give Rob SOME credit. I know we’re Laker fans and are used to having it good, but come on now.

And before anyone replies, I understand that 4 million can go a long way. All I’m saying is we don’t even know if AD is going to for go his trade kicker yet or not.

Either way, we got AD. That’s the most important thing.

Because after adding a top 5 player last season with this same GM, the team proceeded to:

- Sign a "meme" team lacking the critical components needed to succeed in the modern NBA while at the same time raise eye brows because of their unique "personalities".

- Disrupt team chemistry by poorly handling trade rumors.

- Refuse upgrading certain departments such as analytics and medical staff, which caused problems like injuries/poor player usage

- Make trades which didn't make sense or correct problems that should have been addressed by not signing the "meme" team.

- Miss the playoffs while adding only 2 wins to a 35-47 record previously despite adding a top 5 player due to the problems mentioned beforehand.

- See their POBO quit and embarrass them twice

- Not replace said POBO while firing their coach and procceded to find one with a laughable pool of candidates only to settle for one not in said pool while hiring a wife beater and dinosaur in the process.

And this was using cap space to sign a top 5 player.

Only in laker land can we get a top 5 player and still call out the general manager because only in laker land can we screw up so badly while adding a top 5 player given what happend last year.

Skepticism is warranted and it's hard to give credit given previous events and the price paid for AD. It's put up or shut up now, especially with the lack of success these past 6 seasons.

Seems like the majority of those problems you posted were Magic related. Now that he’s gone and Pelinka got us AD, why are you still complaining? Especially when you don’t even know how this cap space/coaching/roster issues are going to play out?

Yes, in retrospect things could’ve been handled differently. However, you could say that about every single decision in life when you look at it in retrospect. Concentrate on what’s happening now and what’s coming up. I’ll say it once again, we’ve got AD and possibly
Somewhere between 24 mill to 32 mill to spend. Why are you still living in the past?

Because the past hasn't left us and this FO hasn't proven themselves they can leave the past even when making moves that look good on paper.

Magic was gone and they still handled the coaching process poorly.

Also regardless of Magic, Rob was still the GM during that time so he gets some blame as well. It's one thing if it's a completely new FO from top to bottom but the only difference right now is one less stooge in the room. It's still the same bunch of clowns until they prove themselves otherwise. Trading AD for a huge haul doesn't change that perception as adding lbj showed us last season.

You can concentrate on what's happening now and what's coming up but you shouldn't ignore the past or you're bound to repeat it. Again, being skeptical doesn't mean doom and gloom but people have enough justification to be worried given the conduct of this FO.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:27 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
I don't know what's the worse what if. Rob didn't know about the salary cap difference between a July 6 signing and a July 30 signing. Or if he knew the difference and didn't get that put into the agreement.

Listen to this, should quell concerns:

Bottomline, if Lakers appear to be in running for a max FA they can goto AD and betting dollars to donuts he can help free up some money in that instance. Even if this July 6 date is the date, Lakers will know well before then if they have a shot at another max slot.

The way the intel is being presented by ESPN is a bit slanted.
Kobe Jocker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:54 pm    Post subject:

Props to Rob, dude got Lebron last year and Ad this one. Cleared cap space and made good pick.

Haters can go bleep off with their bad deal crap.
Kobe Jocker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:57 pm    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
Rob should be fired for not including that stipulation un (bleep) believable. What a botching and absolute shafting. Griffin destroyed Rob in this

You are out of your mind. Seriously, haven't been on LG much the past few years, but Jesus, some of you....
Tick
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:05 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
Tick wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:
realking24 wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
ESPN LA talking about how LA didn’t negotiate the timing of the trade at all. They had Bobby Marks on and he’s the one who said it. They’re in stunned disbelief now discussing it.

Terrible and not surprising if true but hopefully it works out. If they give fuss about it then pull out and take assets away like the number 4 pick if they won’t cave to the Lakers demands but if this is true I mean my God how many different ways can Rob and Gang screw up this team even when their handed extremely favorable situations like the 4 th pick and AD wants to come to LA

GT says it best!! There wasn’t any skill in these negotiations between Rob and Griffin on Robs behalf . Wish we had Griffin

We get a 26 yo HoF talent for 2 injured kids with real flaws to their game when healthy...and somehow Rob is a scrub. Only in Laker land...

Agreed. I think Pelinka could be up for GM of the year. He gave up nothing but "potential" for Davis. BI, LB and Hart are not franchise changers. In fact, none of our top draft picks have been "all that." Kuzma has been the best of the lot and we get to keep him.

I don't believe in vapor, and I especially don't believe in "potential." In fact, whenever you hear anyone talk about potential, that's a tacit admission of someone not cutting it. You're hoping that they get better and you couch it with a word like "potential."

Potential doesn't mean a thing. It never did. I put potential right next to wishful thinking. You cut it or you don't. BI, Hart, and Lonzo were not cutting it. We now have a player that cuts it, and it cost us 3 players that don't cut it, and draft picks that don't mean a thing.

Tick: You and I agree on the potential versus known. It's interesting, I've seen folks using some real estate analogies to attack the trade. I see it the opposite. I have a piece of land you can have that has a guaranteed gold mine and oil refinery on it and will produce a constant high number or approximately 6 pieces of volatile land that has equal chance bust or be just as good. I'm going with the guaranteed gold mine and oil refinery.

For me it comes down to this. We have a guy, in AD, who is having a HoF type career *now*. He is on his way and he can be on your squad with a guy who will be in the HoF if he retired today. It's a no freaking brainer to me. 40% of our starting lineup with 2 HoFs on it, and one is in the middle of that career at 26? I'm in. Some folks act like a guy who pumps out 25 points and 10+ rebounds a game and plays tremendous D grow on trees or are a joke in this 3 point era. Go ahead and think that while I grow a team around AD (and for now, Lebron) and compete for Championships.

Well crafted and stated sir.
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:45 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
Tick wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:
realking24 wrote:
mhan00 wrote:

Let me remind you:
1. AD will be a free agent next year
2. AD is injury prone
3. LBJ is 34

When you take all of them into account, you know how much risk the Lakers are having. The whole perception would be different if LBJ is 28 instead of 34.
LakerLand247
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:01 pm    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
Rob should be fired for not including that stipulation un (bleep) believable. What a botching and absolute shafting. Griffin destroyed Rob in this

The Juggernaut aka Arm Chair GM at its finest.

We have 2 of the top 5 players in the entire NBA and you are crying about our GM.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:08 pm    Post subject:

LakerLand247 wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:

We have 2 of the top 5 players in the entire NBA and you are crying about our GM.

It is a massive blunder if true though. I still have a hard time believing the timeline wasn't even discussed, so I'm just waiting until free agency to see what happens. This could put a major wrench in our plans for filling out the roster.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:11 pm    Post subject:

Quote:

NBC Sports Boston
@NBCSBoston
·
39m
Multiple reports: Celtics were open to including Jayson Tatum in Anthony Davis trade, but Lakers' offer was too much for them to risk topping

Freaking Celtics
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:12 pm    Post subject:

"It's the little details that are vital. Little things make big things happen." - John Wooden
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:15 pm    Post subject:

Pelinka has walked through the valley and come out the other side.

Deliver us Kawhi Leonard and go to nirvana.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:59 pm    Post subject:

I know people don't trust Arye. But he's saying some interesting stuff about the trade date. Such as the Lakers having some brilliant cap minds. And how the media is blowing this out of proportion. Saying the Lakers would do the early trade date if they can't land a max FA... meaning they would trade at the later date if they did get the max FA.

And that their 2 targets are Jimmy B and Kawhi L.

Inside info or not, but it makes sense.
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:11 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
I know people don't trust Arye. But he's saying some interesting stuff about the trade date. Such as the Lakers having some brilliant cap minds. And how the media is blowing this out of proportion. Saying the Lakers would do the early trade date if they can't land a max FA... meaning they would trade at the later date if they did get the max FA.

This soo better be true.
lukewaltonsdad
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:15 pm    Post subject:

I would like to know who the brilliant cap mind(s) are because the only guy who would know anything about the cap would be: Rob Pelinka.

Bare in mind, I'm just going by the personnel in the FO; would the Rambi, Jesse or Ryan have the brilliance when navigating through the cap? I highly doubt that.

Apparently, when he took the job, that was his expertise.

With respect to forgetting this type of detail, that isn't good, if this is what's occurring; I'd expect during these trade discussions, this detail would have been agreed upon.

Who knows, though? For his sake, and ours, I hope it works out. And this deal does look a lot better with a 3rd max, that much I will admit; although, I'm happy we got AD.
AllorNothing
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:22 pm    Post subject:

lukewaltonsdad wrote:
I would like to know who the brilliant cap mind(s) are because the only guy who would know anything about the cap would be: Rob Pelinka.

Bare in mind, I'm just going by the personnel in the FO; would the Rambi, Jesse or Ryan have the brilliance when navigating through the cap? I highly doubt that.

Apparently, when he took the job, that was his expertise.

With respect to forgetting this type of detail, that isn't good, if this is what's occurring; I'd expect during these trade discussions, this detail would have been agreed upon.

Who knows, though? For his sake, and ours, I hope it works out. And this deal does look a lot better with a 3rd max, that much I will admit; although, I'm happy we got AD.

Yes. Our capologist was Magic.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:27 pm    Post subject:

LakersRGolden wrote:
epak wrote:

This soo better be true.

Yea. It's the only way I can wrap my head around this.
The alternative doesn't make sense to me
kenkoy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:28 pm    Post subject:

LG : hey Rob, what about that 2025 pick that you just gave away?!
Rob : FU ....it's 2019, I'm going to Ibiza with LBJ and AD...what are you gonna do this summer?!
realking24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:29 pm    Post subject:

LakerLand247 wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:

You realize he potential forgot to negotiate the date of trade to push it back so it allowed us max money vs 23 million dollars and we gave up a Kings ransom and now potentially having to sweeten the pot if we do somehow get a Kyrie or a Lenard. Your ok with a GM that makes a costly mistake like this? Don’t make a trade unless they agree to the date of execution! That simple. They gave up to much to not be able to set the date imo
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:30 pm    Post subject:

realking24 wrote:
LakerLand247 wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:

You realize he potential forgot to negotiate the date of trade to push it back so it allowed us max money vs 23 million dollars and we gave up a Kings ransom and now potentially having to sweeten the pot if we do somehow get a Kyrie or a Lenard. Your ok with a GM that makes a costly mistake like this? Don’t make a trade unless they agree to the date of execution! That simple. They gave up to much to not be able to set the date imo

Exactly
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:31 pm    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
realking24 wrote:
LakerLand247 wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:

Exactly

I'd like to hear all the info first before going berserk.
We seem to be not getting the whole picture yet.
If true, we should all go berserk.
realking24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:34 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
realking24 wrote:
LakerLand247 wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:

Exactly

I can cheers 🍻 to that
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:37 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
realking24 wrote:
LakerLand247 wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:

Exactly

That's why I originally wrote IF he didn't require July 30th. We shall see but I am not optimistic based on the reports from Woj, LA Times, and Bobby Marks.
realking24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:43 pm    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
epak wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
realking24 wrote:
LakerLand247 wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:

Exactly

That's why I originally wrote IF he didn't require July 30th. We shall see but I am not optimistic based on the reports from Woj, LA Times, and Bobby Marks.

I’m not either, they’ve had nothing but blunders since they’ve taking office!!! Very sloppy IMO, this specific blunder might take the cake
realking24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:50 pm    Post subject:

I’m still processing right now! So if we execute our trade on it’s expected date I think July 6 how it’s constituted now KL walks in ready to sign his max and he can’t because our super smart cap expert actor and storyteller at day and Rob Lowe at night forgot to negotiate the date of execution!!! Is that about right?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 65, 66, 67 ... 241, 242, 243  Next
Page 66 of 243
Jump to: