OFFICIAL ROB PELINKA THREAD.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 70, 71, 72 ... 241, 242, 243  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:50 am    Post subject:

where24happens wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
where24happens wrote:
Still unreal to me that Pelinka did not negotiate this, effectively ruining our chance for a max player (we have been trying to get this max capspace for YEARS). The man should be fired.

The cap space was supposed to be for a second star and we got one. Now we have enough for a third one or two or three solid role players.

But per all reports out there, we don't have enough for a third star (Kemba/Kyrie/Kawhi/Butler are not going to take a big discount), which we would've had if Rob simply negotiated the July 30 closing date. People on this forum knew this way in advance, how did our front office not ensure this after the haul of draft picks and swaps we gave up? Gross incompetence in my book.

The Lakers as of right now have cap space to add a 3rd max. If they use it by July 6th, the trade for Anthony Davis will basically be in escrow until July 30th. If the Lakers don't use their cap space by July 6th, the trade will be completed on the 6th. There is no negotiation of the closing date. Just certain conditions that either will be met or not.
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
realking24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:02 pm    Post subject:

I do hope Rob does well just throwing that out there. I do like the coach, I do like AD on the team, I hope they can surround them with great complementary pieces that would boost my trust in these guys a bit. Hopefully no more steps backwards to then proceed forward at a less effective rate! Go Lakers
textbook
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:23 pm    Post subject:

https://247sports.com/nba/mavericks/Article/EXCLUSIVE-Clever-puzzle-pieces-DO-give-Lakers-room-for-LeBron-Davis-AND-max-free-agent--132970888/Amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Can still get to max
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:30 pm    Post subject:

textbook wrote:
https://247sports.com/nba/mavericks/Article/EXCLUSIVE-Clever-puzzle-pieces-DO-give-Lakers-room-for-LeBron-Davis-AND-max-free-agent--132970888/Amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Can still get to max

We knew that. Emplay has said it. It all depends on if the Lakers worked it out with the Pelicans before. If they did, then there are workable ways to get to close to the max with their help. If they did not, then it becomes much harder because then the Pelicans might not be willing to work with the Lakers to do it. So just have to wait and see, now.
Chick's Magic Johnson
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:33 pm    Post subject:

textbook wrote:

Can still get to max

This reads like it was written in crayon on the back of an IHOP kids menu.
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:08 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
textbook wrote:

Can still get to max

We knew that. Emplay has said it. It all depends on if the Lakers worked it out with the Pelicans before. If they did, then there are workable ways to get to close to the max with their help. If they did not, then it becomes much harder because then the Pelicans might not be willing to work with the Lakers to do it. So just have to wait and see, now.

There's nothing the Lakers need from the Pelicans in order to sign a max free agent. If the Lakers want to sign one they will and the only thing the Pelicans could realistically do is wait until July 30th. They could also back out of the deal but that's unrealistic and wouldn't do them any good.
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
BigBallerBrand
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:26 pm    Post subject:

The fact that Pelinka is now trying to clear space for a max Fa for a July 6 trade proves that he did not know the implications between a July 6/30 trade lmao
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:27 pm    Post subject:

BigBallerBrand wrote:
The fact that Pelinka is now trying to clear space for a max Fa for a July 6 trade proves that he did not know the implications between a July 6/30 trade lmao

he absolutely did know the implications he just didn't win that negotiation.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:27 pm    Post subject:

BigBallerBrand wrote:

It could possibly have been his plan all along, but it does create more hoops for him to clear. Let’s hope he clears them.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:28 pm    Post subject:

BigBallerBrand wrote:

That could be it, or they could have been trying to work this out the entire time and Woj and them are only now getting word of it.

OR, Pelinkamjusr got word through back channels that we will absolutely need that space for a big name and so he’s working hard now to make sure we have it, which is the best case scenario.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

BigBallerBrand wrote:

The fact that you believe he did not know …………….
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

ocho wrote:
BigBallerBrand wrote:

It could possibly have been his plan all along, but it does create more hoops for him to clear. Let’s hope he clears them.

Also, this implies Rob feels really good about landing a max star with that extra space
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:31 pm    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
ocho wrote:
BigBallerBrand wrote:

Also, this implies Rob feels really good about landing a max star with that extra space

I dunno. Max star or not, it behooves us to have as much spending power as possible. We’ll lack depth regardless. Need every dollar we can muster.
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:34 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
ocho wrote:
BigBallerBrand wrote:

I dunno. Max star or not, it behooves us to have as much spending power as possible. We’ll lack depth regardless. Need every dollar we can muster.

I don’t see him trying to do this move without Max star in sight
textbook
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:39 pm    Post subject:

If pelinka did not know then why did they sign Jemario Jones before this AD trade even went down?

He knew this would be the only other way to open that up. He must also know that he at least has one of Kyrie/Butler/Kawhi committed.
Bol
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:40 pm    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
ocho wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
ocho wrote:
BigBallerBrand wrote:

I agree, no reason to trade away the minimum guys just to replace them with other minimums.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:42 pm    Post subject:

Bol wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
ocho wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
ocho wrote:
BigBallerBrand wrote:

I agree, no reason to trade away the minimum guys just to replace them with other minimums.

You can get far superior minimums in FA than Wagner and Bonga.
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:46 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Bol wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
ocho wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
ocho wrote:
BigBallerBrand wrote:

No ones doubting that more cap is better regardless but the main motivator is a 3rd max star
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:51 pm    Post subject:

Larry Coon punking Pelinka on 710 saying that he should’ve brought a capologist to the Pelicans negotiation with Griffin.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:52 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Bol wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
ocho wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
ocho wrote:
BigBallerBrand wrote:

I'm counting on it, but you have to fill out the whole roster. What good players will want to take over the 12th man/guy behind the bench in a suit/part time G-league role that those guys so capably provide?
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:00 pm    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
ocho wrote:
Bol wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
ocho wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
ocho wrote:
BigBallerBrand wrote:

No ones doubting that more cap is better regardless but the main motivator is a 3rd max star

Of course, and I think that is definitely their intent. I just don’t think it means they have anyone in the bag. It’s advantageous to have extra money in all scenarios.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:12 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
We’ll lack depth regardless. Need every dollar we can muster.

There is so much to be done this off-season still despite obtaining The Brow.

Absolutely need to spend wisely and I agree we need every dollar we can muster.
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:23 pm    Post subject:

According to Plaschke today, it sounded like Lakers forgot about finalizing a date with the Pelicans. He said people in the Lakers he spoke to were excited Saturday when the report of the trade came out, then were like “uh-oh what?” on Sunday.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:28 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo-Lite wrote:
According to Plaschke today, it sounded like Lakers forgot about finalizing a date with the Pelicans. He said people in the Lakers he spoke to were excited Saturday when the report of the trade came out, then were like “uh-oh what?” on Sunday.

He also said not everyone knows, even in the organization.
Because Rob isn't saying anything.
Pretty much seems like Rob isn't leaking anything.
And even the reporters' sources are shut out. Which is awesome.

By the way, bill didn't say his statement with conviction. He was assuming.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:31 pm    Post subject:

Bol wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
ocho wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
ocho wrote:
BigBallerBrand wrote:

There is a reason. The argument would be that it’s better to use the salary of three guys who won’t be playing (Mo, Bonga, Jones) to use on a guy that will be playing, adding to our current pool of cap space so we can get more money to sign a guy we actually want. We’d shed their combined 4 or so million and get 9 more million to spend on FAs.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 70, 71, 72 ... 241, 242, 243  Next
Page 71 of 243
Jump to: