OFFICIAL ROB PELINKA THREAD.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 101, 102, 103 ... 241, 242, 243  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:38 pm    Post subject:

ssiknick833 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
AirTupac wrote:
People are STILL hung up DLO. No he's not a real allstar. He's still inefficient as hell. Even more this season. Still a huge negative defender. 19/6/4 on 38%. Yeah thank you Pelinka for starting the rebuild from past ownerships mistakes. And no thank you. I dont want the Lakers paying DLO that kind of money for 19/6/4 on 38%. He won't magically get more efficient or a become a better defender.

He was selected for the all star game, he’s a real all star. Pretty simple logic, no?

You didn’t understand what he was trying to say?

He was trying to revise reality. What happened really happened.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:57 pm    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
lakersfan8 wrote:
Starter: DLO, Ingram, Tatum, Randle, Zubac
Bench: Culver, Kuzma

I won’t be too depressed with this lineup

I'd rather have AD and LBJ

kobetimeeverytime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:04 pm    Post subject:

lakersfan8 wrote:

how many games do you reckon that team wins?
AD23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:37 pm    Post subject:

kobetimeeverytime wrote:
lakersfan8 wrote:

74-75 wins
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:47 pm    Post subject:

trablos wrote:
trablos wrote:
Rob is about to win executive of the year, quote me in 12 months.

From page 62
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:47 pm    Post subject:

^That roster would be very expensive and have no bonafide star. It’s the nature of max contracts and cap space. A very good player like Russell makes $28 million while Davis at the max costs $33 million.
AirTupac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:09 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
ssiknick833 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
AirTupac wrote:
People are STILL hung up DLO. No he's not a real allstar. He's still inefficient as hell. Even more this season. Still a huge negative defender. 19/6/4 on 38%. Yeah thank you Pelinka for starting the rebuild from past ownerships mistakes. And no thank you. I dont want the Lakers paying DLO that kind of money for 19/6/4 on 38%. He won't magically get more efficient or a become a better defender.

He was selected for the all star game, he’s a real all star. Pretty simple logic, no?

You're literally the only one in this world who doesn't understand what his allstar selection really meant then lmao. Shooting 36% and 31% from 3. What an ALLSTAR BABY!!!
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:59 pm    Post subject:

AD23 wrote:
kobetimeeverytime wrote:
lakersfan8 wrote:

74-75 wins

Making the playoff with the right free agent signings
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:07 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
ssiknick833 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
AirTupac wrote:

what happened was he played in an all-star game at 22 years old.

I guess if he had gotten the fan vote, if it would have been more merited somehow?

People will really do gymnastics aroumd here to protect Magic's awful trade rather than just admit it was bad.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:18 pm    Post subject:

AD23 wrote:
kobetimeeverytime wrote:
lakersfan8 wrote:

74-75 wins

In 2 seasons?
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:21 pm    Post subject:

AirTupac wrote:
Magic
Kobe
LeBron
Kareem
Shaq

I choose this team in imaginary world.

This is a very badly built team, just saying.....
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:31 pm    Post subject:

Personally I don't rate Pelinka plus or minus for the Davis deal. Others set the stage and he did the deal he knew he could get done, it being a premium. He did get them a shot at Kawhi and recovered as well as one could.

But he deserves credit for Bradley and Dwight. Vogel might end up being a plus move too. If he can add Iguodala you have to really start talking about his year in different net terms.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:46 pm    Post subject:

I give Rob props for getting rid of Magic
Insert back and knife emoji here. And I'm all for it.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:34 am    Post subject:

The Lakers defensive identity and culture is what has them winning again, and that too with role players who accept that the team is built around AD and Lebron dominance. Kawhi would have been a third superstar who played just like AD and LBJ, dominated on D. It would be sick on defense to have those 3, but I have always had my question marks on whether the spacing would work with Kawhi, AD and Lebron, especially with AD wanting to play 4. Anyway, Kawhi was worth the max and the wait.

DLO is an all-star level player, but he is not a change the game type of guy. You look at Brooklyn, you look at LA, you look now in State. He is doing well, he is a scorer with a lot of skills. His net impact in wins and losses just are not there. Most important, he does not fit what we need from players around AD and Lebron in terms of the money that was available.

For the price of DLO, you got Danny Green, Bradley and a third starter like McGee. That is how much a max level contract is. You are telling me that DLO was worth a defensive rim protector (lob threat), our defensive tone setter the dude that fights through every screen defending elite PGs/guards every night AND the best shooter we have on the team who also happens to be a top level defender (who already saved a loss for us with his big shot to send it to OT)?

Everyone talks about DLOs numbers ... on offense. Here are DLOs numbers on D.

DLO is allowing players to shoot 49.2% on him. In contrast Avery Bradley is allowing players to shoot in the low 38% range. DLO is not pressuring defenders at alll. He does not fight through screens. In his career, I have never seen him be a third option two-way stud, which is what we would need him to be to win a ring around AD and Lebron. To me what we would have needed from DLO as a max guy to be worth it

3rd option production (check, can even do more allow Lebron to rest)
3 point spot up shooting (inconsistent at this, not same level as Danny Green)
Man D (Not good at this)
Team D (Not good at this)
Bring leadership (Again, not his trait)

People ignore the importance of 3 point spot up shooting, man D, team D. Leadership. Accepting a role around AD/Lebron. These are all things that DLO would have to do to make it work in LA.

Again I will post DLO's defensive numbers

Quote:
DFG% 49.2 (one of the worst on the team)
Defensive BPM -4.2
DWin Shares -0,1
DRating 119

Those are horrible defensive numbers. I have watched DLO this season more than last season. He is playing one way basketball. His effort on D is not there, he is there only for his offense (which is going extremely well). He is an absolute stud as a scorer and a very good combo guard. He is filling in well for Curry/Klay, with them being gone. Once they come back though, I wonder how valuable DLO will be as the third guy. He will need to play D, he will need to spot up more without high usage, he will need to play winning basketball as a 3rd option, not a high volume scoring 1st option.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:54 am    Post subject:

Also, DLO's usage percentage in GST is 32%. Does anyone in their right mind think that he would have that high a usage percentage in LA? What were his numbers when Curry and Green were playing the first few games? Did anyone happen to see those games? I saw a little bit of them. The Warriors were struggling, but DLO was not the factor he is now on offense, having to share with Curry and Green. That is Curry, a less ball dominant player than LBJ, and Green also less dominant than Davis. Up to that point, DLO was under 25% on usage IIRC, and he was at 20 ppg. If you look at his thread in GB forum, I even mentioned that it will take DLO just 1-2 games to get going, especially once Curry is out. This is exactly what happened.

He is very good at scoring and being a volume shooting guy, and I can see him be on a playoff level team as that guy, eventually. But gotta ask yourself, would that be his role in LA? Around LBJ and AD?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:58 am    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
ssiknick833 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
AirTupac wrote:

I guess if he had gotten the fan vote, if it would have been more merited somehow?

People will really do gymnastics aroumd here to protect Magic's awful trade rather than just admit it was bad.

The trade was excellent. Lakers opened up capspace to sign Lebron James. And a second star like Paul George. They got back the draft pick that was Kyle Kuzma. They got a really quality starting 5 who is a stretch big on a contender in Bro Lopez. So that was a great trade, IMO. Getting rid of that contract of Mozgov, and getting Lopez, eventually space to sign Lebron and Kuzma. This was a great trade.

What made it less effective was Magic foolishy let Bro Lopez walk, when we could have signed him for relatively cheap (5-6M range). He is a quality starting 5.

BTW many people don't remember this, but when they made that trade. Rob Pelinka and Magic both said they expected DLO to become an all-star. They knew exactly what they were trading.
AirTupac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:59 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Also, DLO's usage percentage in GST is 32%. Does anyone in their right mind think that he would have that high a usage percentage in LA? What were his numbers when Curry and Green were playing the first few games? Did anyone happen to see those games? I saw a little bit of them. The Warriors were struggling, but DLO was not the factor he is now on offense, having to share with Curry and Green. That is Curry, a less ball dominant player than LBJ, and Green also less dominant than Davis. Up to that point, DLO was under 25% on usage IIRC, and he was at 20 ppg. If you look at his thread in GB forum, I even mentioned that it will take DLO just 1-2 games to get going, especially once Curry is out. This is exactly what happened.

He is very good at scoring and being a volume shooting guy, and I can see him be on a playoff level team as that guy, eventually. But gotta ask yourself, would that be his role in LA? Around LBJ and AD?

DLO was 19/6/4 on 36% FG and 31% 3pt. Still very below average on D and inefficient. Aka the same player he always was. Except we'd be paying 28 million.

Defensive BPM -4.2
DWin Shares -0,1
DRating 119

The mental gymnastics people will do to say Pelinka didnt do a great job.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:14 am    Post subject:

AirTupac wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

DLO was 19/6/4 on 36% FG and 31% 3pt. Still very below average on D and inefficient. Aka the same player he always was. Except we'd be paying 28 million.

Defensive BPM -4.2
DWin Shares -0,1
DRating 119

It seems that many have forgotten what it takes to win and have fallen in love with the young players who we drafted so much, that they overlook that the entire end game is to win as many games as possible and not to keep losing. We were losing, losing, losing. Continuing to lose, even when we signed a top 3 player in the game, and a Mount Rushmore talent. Even then, no playoffs. At some point, people have to understand and look at the fact that suddenly the Lakers are a competitive team, a playoff team, and sit at 1st in the West/league right now. Now, I don't know if we will win the title, but we are a legit contender. In one summer, we went from lottery to contender. How? By trading for a legit second superstar. By adding quality role players who know what their jobs are.

You just look at Kuzma, and see how many bad habits he has, that is exactly what DLO has as well. Same with Ingram, Ball, and many young players. Not all the same habits, but bad ones. They do not understand their roles, and would want to do do more than they actually would be capable of on a championship level team. It's easy on paper to say, lets plug in 5-6 young talents with all-star upside around Lebron and see it work. Yeah, we tried last year with a few. At best, we were a lower playoff seed and in reality, probably a 1 and done team if LBJ stayed healthy. And even that didn't happen. We went lottery. Just like we did with DLO and Randle. Ironically, DLO and Randle are going lottery 5th year into their career. Ingram, Ball and co. are going lottery again. So all our elite young drafted talents are developing in roles that they would not be given on a good contending level team, and losing in the process. Which is fine, and good for them. But as a Laker fan of 30 years, man I got tired of the losing. Watching Avery and Danny, and Dwight. How hard they work on D. Watching true legit superstars like LBJ and AD. It's fun to be a good team again, man. These 6+ years of losing sucked.

BTW, losing for a few years is worth it if you can get that franchise level player and get another piece around him. You know who has that? Dallas. They drafted Luka, and then traded for KP. That's smart. That's a franchise with a plan in place to win longterm. The Lakers were unfortunate in the draft. They didn't get a guy like Luka who could carry the team and change their direction as a franchise, nor could they trade for a second legit all-star to pair that 1st franchise level guy with. The guys we drafted were the second guys (at best) to be paired with. We needed that #1.
Lurker-no-mo'
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:30 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
AirTupac wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

Defensive BPM -4.2
DWin Shares -0,1
DRating 119

It seems that many have forgotten what it takes to win and have fallen in love with the young players who we drafted so much, that they overlook that the entire end game is to win as many games as possible and not to keep losing. We were losing, losing, losing. Continuing to lose, even when we signed a top 3 player in the game, and a Mount Rushmore talent. Even then, no playoffs. At some point, people have to understand and look at the fact that suddenly the Lakers are a competitive team, a playoff team, and sit at 1st in the West/league right now. Now, I don't know if we will win the title, but we are a legit contender. In one summer, we went from lottery to contender. How? By trading for a legit second superstar. By adding quality role players who know what their jobs are.

You just look at Kuzma, and see how many bad habits he has, that is exactly what DLO has as well. Same with Ingram, Ball, and many young players. Not all the same habits, but bad ones. They do not understand their roles, and would want to do do more than they actually would be capable of on a championship level team. It's easy on paper to say, lets plug in 5-6 young talents with all-star upside around Lebron and see it work. Yeah, we tried last year with a few. At best, we were a lower playoff seed and in reality, probably a 1 and done team if LBJ stayed healthy. And even that didn't happen. We went lottery. Just like we did with DLO and Randle. Ironically, DLO and Randle are going lottery 5th year into their career. Ingram, Ball and co. are going lottery again. So all our elite young drafted talents are developing in roles that they would not be given on a good contending level team, and losing in the process. Which is fine, and good for them. But as a Laker fan of 30 years, man I got tired of the losing. Watching Avery and Danny, and Dwight. How hard they work on D. Watching true legit superstars like LBJ and AD. It's fun to be a good team again, man. These 6+ years of losing sucked.

BTW, losing for a few years is worth it if you can get that franchise level player and get another piece around him. You know who has that? Dallas. They drafted Luka, and then traded for KP. That's smart. That's a franchise with a plan in place to win longterm. The Lakers were unfortunate in the draft. They didn't get a guy like Luka who could carry the team and change their direction as a franchise, nor could they trade for a second legit all-star to pair that 1st franchise level guy with. The guys we drafted were the second guys (at best) to be paired with. We needed that #1.

Fantastic analysis
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:15 am    Post subject:

7-1 Why are you whiners still whining?

Are you Lakers fans or individual player fans? If you follow players first you are on the wrong Forum. Go to Dlo.com or Ingram.com
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:33 am    Post subject:

defense wrote:
7-1 Why are you whiners still whining?

Are you Lakers fans or individual player fans? If you follow players first you are on the wrong Forum. Go to Dlo.com or Ingram.com

Instead of praising Pelinka for the great job he did turning this team around in such a short period of time, they're talking about a lazy guard who doesn't play any defense.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:13 am    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
ssiknick833 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
AirTupac wrote:

It's not about protecting Magic. It's about bringing the Cult of DLo back to reality. Wolfpac already did a great job of breaking down his flaws so I don't need to get into it. We don't always have to fall back on "he's an all-star" when breaking down his game. There's a good chance he never makes another all-star game again now that he's in the west, and the only one on his resume will be as an injury sub. Perhaps if he played on a readymade defensive team like Utah where they only needed him to score. I don't see him as a high impact player at all.
SPO200
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:15 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
AirTupac wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

Defensive BPM -4.2
DWin Shares -0,1
DRating 119

It can't be better explained
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:24 am    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:
^That roster would be very expensive and have no bonafide star. It’s the nature of max contracts and cap space. A very good player like Russell makes $28 million while Davis at the max costs $33 million.

That’s how the Lakers have always operated. The max is reserved for superstars, while all stars are traded — even as salary dumps (Eddie Jones, Caron Butler, D’Angelo Russell)

Yup. And I will add Pau and Odom for prime CP3.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:25 am    Post subject:

wow ming. Sniper delete
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 101, 102, 103 ... 241, 242, 243  Next
Page 102 of 243
Jump to: