OFFICIAL ROB PELINKA THREAD.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 103, 104, 105 ... 241, 242, 243  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AirTupac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:34 am    Post subject:

saetarubia wrote:
AirTupac wrote:
Lmao DLO...

41% - 1st year
40% - 2nd year
41% - 3rd year
43% - 4th year
43% - 5th year

Yes. Lets give a high turnover, one of the leagues worst defenders a 28 year million dollar salary. Genius level thinking. Please run against Pelinka and make yourself a laughing stock

DLO had 7 assists to 3.1 TOV last season. Ben Simmons had 7.7 Assists and 3.5 TOV. Bron had 8.3 assists to 3.6 TOV. So he's hardly a high turnover guy given how much he handles the ball. 43.4 FG% is fine when you take high volume 7.8 3PA per game at 37%.

Bruh what. A career shooting percentage of 42% is not fine. Why didn't you address any of his defensive puke tendencies / statistics? Lakers will never pay a guy like DLO 28 mill. We aren't that stunted even WITH Magic at the helm.
cencio_999
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:46 am    Post subject:

AirTupac wrote:
saetarubia wrote:
AirTupac wrote:
Lmao DLO...

41% - 1st year
40% - 2nd year
41% - 3rd year
43% - 4th year
43% - 5th year

Yes. Lets give a high turnover, one of the leagues worst defenders a 28 year million dollar salary. Genius level thinking. Please run against Pelinka and make yourself a laughing stock

DLO had 7 assists to 3.1 TOV last season. Ben Simmons had 7.7 Assists and 3.5 TOV. Bron had 8.3 assists to 3.6 TOV. So he's hardly a high turnover guy given how much he handles the ball. 43.4 FG% is fine when you take high volume 7.8 3PA per game at 37%.

Bruh what. A career shooting percentage of 42% is not fine. Why didn't you address any of his defensive puke tendencies / statistics? Lakers will never pay a guy like DLO 28 mill. We aren't that stunted even WITH Magic at the helm.

Russell Westbrook and PG13 "career shooting percentage" in their 4th year was 43%.

Just saying...
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:47 am    Post subject:

Russell is playing very well as the first option on a very bad team. He will make the all-star team a few times this way. The question for us and Rob was he going to make the all-star team and be effective as a 25+M a year, 3rd option. Behind AD and Lebron. It would have been great to have him if we had cap. If AD and Lebron were making max deals similar to Russ, ok. But they are going to be on 35+M type of deals. I do not see how you can build a winning team that way with that kind of money.

For the price of a 3rd option Russell, which in GST was about a 19-5-35% three point shooter player, the Lakers would have have to lose out on Green, Bradley, McGee, Rondo etc. That is a lot of players we would have had to give up for DLO. It never made sense to me do that once I saw how much it would take to get him. When I thought he was going to get in the 20M range I was for the move. Once I figured he is getting a full max, I thought no way we can get this guy and also add the other parts we need.

I think it is vital that AD stays, and AD is maybe not staying on a team that has no cap flexibility and tied to DLO and Lebron for 2 more years, had they not won the ring this year. If the Lakers did not have Lebron, again different story. As a #2, DLO has more touches, more impact and more worth the money.

I am interested to see DLO next season with the Warriors. The start of the season showed as a 3rd guy he struggles to be as effective as the top guy. He may be a guy who only does well when being the top guy. Time will tell.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
AirTupac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:52 am    Post subject:

cencio_999 wrote:
AirTupac wrote:
saetarubia wrote:
AirTupac wrote:
Lmao DLO...

41% - 1st year
40% - 2nd year
41% - 3rd year
43% - 4th year
43% - 5th year

Russell Westbrook and PG13 "career shooting percentage" in their 4th year was 43%.

Just saying...

Westbrook isn't a good argument because 1) He is overpaid and not a winner and 2) He's still a tier or 2 above Russell either way.

Both players offer more than just scoring. For a scoring PG, DLO does it poorly.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:53 am    Post subject:

For me the difference in Kawhi, and DLO is this. Even as a 3rd guy, or a co #1, or whatever it would have been, Kawhi would have made an impact on D and been given the role to have touches. There is no way you see Lebron and AD do that for DLO and DLO does nothing defensively, He would be the worst defensive guard we would have on the team assuming he played D like he is in Golden State. He has not been a consistent defender in his career. In contrast, Kawhi can dominate a game through defense without high volume touches. He can play the Pippen role perfectly.

This is the difference IMO. You want a max guy around AD and Lebron that can dominate on D, and can be effective without having the ball in his hands at a high usage percentage. And if you get a high usage player, it needs to be someone that can command the respect of AD and Lebron, such that they defer the plays to him. Think about that, and then tell me if Rob should have signed DLO to a max 4 year deal without any depth left over. The defense would have suffered big time had we went with this approach. The Lakers would be a top 10 offense team. Defensively, middle of the pack or top 10. You are neither elite on offense, nor elite on D. At least the way we went, we are going to be elite on D, and will expect Lebron and AD to be this era Shaq and Kobe. And Rob needs to upgrade the bench by trade deadline.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
cencio_999
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:03 am    Post subject:

AirTupac wrote:
cencio_999 wrote:
AirTupac wrote:
saetarubia wrote:
AirTupac wrote:
Lmao DLO...

41% - 1st year
40% - 2nd year
41% - 3rd year
43% - 4th year
43% - 5th year

Just saying...

Westbrook isn't a good argument because 1) He is overpaid and not a winner and 2) He's still a tier or 2 above Russell either way.

Both players offer more than just scoring. For a scoring PG, DLO does it poorly.

DeAngelo is an veeeery good playmaker and decision maker, almost elite if you ask me.
Better than Westrbrook or Harden, even if these may have more assists per game than him.

He ran the offense perfectly at BKN, calling his teammates numbers.
And, despite what Earvin Johnson said, I'm pretty sure that BKN players were happier to play with him than with Irving.
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:23 am    Post subject:

cencio_999 wrote:
AirTupac wrote:
cencio_999 wrote:
AirTupac wrote:
saetarubia wrote:
AirTupac wrote:
Lmao DLO...

41% - 1st year
40% - 2nd year
41% - 3rd year
43% - 4th year
43% - 5th year

Just saying...

DeAngelo is an veeeery good playmaker and decision maker, almost elite if you ask me.
Better than Westrbrook or Harden, even if these may have more assists per game than him.

He ran the offense perfectly at BKN, calling his teammates numbers.
And, despite what Earvin Johnson said, I'm pretty sure that BKN players were happier to play with him than with Irving.

Yea, I don't consider Harden to be a good playmaker. Certainly not a talented natural passer. Would be much worse without MDA system, but even in it, he had 5 TOV for 7.5 assists last season.
AirTupac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:28 am    Post subject:

I mean even with your Irving comparison. Its not a very good one. Irving just left a Boston team that flourished as soon as he left. He's not a very good leader. He's a good closer. Is he better than DLO? A million times yes. There is no debate about that. Was DLO the main reason Nets did well last season? Not a chance. He was great for the Nets, no question about it, but there were many cogs to the machine that let Nets play the way they did. Irving does botch up things too. Anyways, you're jumping around. I never said DLO was a bad player; but Lakers have never really paid max money for guys like DLO who don't really deserve it in the grand scheme of things. A max star IMO is someone like an Anthony Davis. DLO is a trap of a contract. As the poster above me said... at 20 mill, he would have been a good grab. At 28, lol have fun being the new Clippers of the West.
cencio_999
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:14 am    Post subject:

AirTupac wrote:
I mean even with your Irving comparison. Its not a very good one. Irving just left a Boston team that flourished as soon as he left. He's not a very good leader. He's a good closer. Is he better than DLO? A million times yes. There is no debate about that. Was DLO the main reason Nets did well last season? Not a chance. He was great for the Nets, no question about it, but there were many cogs to the machine that let Nets play the way they did. Irving does botch up things too. Anyways, you're jumping around. I never said DLO was a bad player; but Lakers have never really paid max money for guys like DLO who don't really deserve it in the grand scheme of things. A max star IMO is someone like an Anthony Davis. DLO is a trap of a contract. As the poster above me said... at 20 mill, he would have been a good grab. At 28, lol have fun being the new Clippers of the West.

Sorry man, you can clearly have your opinion but DeAngelo being the main man, reason and motor of BKN run last year is basically a fact.

It's proven by the numbers and agreed by any NBA analyst, as well as by the 76ers defensive gameplan in the 1st round of the playoff.
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:33 am    Post subject:

D'lo is the Carmelo Anthony of the Guards...
Cassano18
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:04 am    Post subject:

lakerican wrote:

Excellent definition. He frequently plays like a superstar but rarely helps his team to win.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:15 am    Post subject:

Cassano18 wrote:
lakerican wrote:

Excellent definition. He frequently plays like a superstar but rarely helps his team to win.

He can help his team win in the right environment, Carmelo with Woodson as his coach and Tyson as his C, and a defensive minded team, went two rounds deep in the East playoffs. DLO like Devin Booker can lead a team and be an all-star from that perspective for sure. He did it with the Nets last year, they made the playoffs. He is a very good player in this league.

However the Lakers have two ball dominant superstars, both making super max money. We need quality players around them that either make us complete on D or O, or both. DLO as a 3rd option making 25-30M is tough to sell in that situation. In contrast, look at what Rondo, Bradley and Kuzma brought yesterday. For 40% of the price DLO would have required you got a 3rd option in Kuzma, an elite QB playmaker and an elite defensive guard. This is what we needed, or a superstar that would have put us over the top on D or O (such as Kawhi on D, Durant on O if KD were healthy).

There is a fine line between saying DLO sucks has zero impact and that he is a great player. He is an impact player, and an all-star level player in this league.
cencio_999
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:50 am    Post subject:

Cassano18 wrote:
lakerican wrote:

Honestly, you can't post statements like that after last season.

You can dislike him as a player and as a person but you should give credit to a 20ish y.o. guard leading his team to the 6th seed and the playoff
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:43 am    Post subject:

AirTupac wrote:
saetarubia wrote:
AirTupac wrote:
Lmao DLO...

41% - 1st year
40% - 2nd year
41% - 3rd year
43% - 4th year
43% - 5th year

We're posting FG% in 2019? Did they get rid of the 3 point line?

His TS% is 56.9%. Not elite but a big jump. And on a team where... who is the 2nd best player to take defensive attention? Can you name him without looking him up?

Danny Green is the only wing on our team scoring more efficiently (57.8%) and his shots aren't another near as contested as DLO's. Kuzma, who is two years older, shot 54% in each of his first two seasons (and he's supposedly a better scorer). And FWIW, that 56.9% mark is one Kobe only matched or exceeded once in his career.

I'd say he's doing alright.
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:46 am    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
AirTupac wrote:
saetarubia wrote:
AirTupac wrote:
Lmao DLO...

41% - 1st year
40% - 2nd year
41% - 3rd year
43% - 4th year
43% - 5th year

His TS% is 56.9%. Not elite but a big jump. And on a team where... who is the 2nd best player to take defensive attention? Can you name him without looking him up?

Danny Green is the only wing on our team scoring more efficiently (57.8%) and his shots aren't another near as contested as DLO's. Kuzma, who is two years older, shot 54% in each of his first two seasons (and he's supposedly a better scorer). And FWIW, that 56.9% mark is one Kobe only matched or exceeded once in his career.

Oh, so he’s better than Kobe now Lol

How can we compare different eras like that??
cencio_999
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:50 am    Post subject:

LaLaLakeShow wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
AirTupac wrote:
saetarubia wrote:
AirTupac wrote:
Lmao DLO...

41% - 1st year
40% - 2nd year
41% - 3rd year
43% - 4th year
43% - 5th year

Nowhere in his post he's saying that he's better than Kobe
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:55 am    Post subject:

cencio_999 wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
AirTupac wrote:
saetarubia wrote:
AirTupac wrote:
Lmao DLO...

41% - 1st year
40% - 2nd year
41% - 3rd year
43% - 4th year
43% - 5th year

Nowhere in his post he's saying that he's better than Kobe

You’re right
AirTupac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:49 am    Post subject:

cencio_999 wrote:
AirTupac wrote:

Sorry man, you can clearly have your opinion but DeAngelo being the main man, reason and motor of BKN run last year is basically a fact.

It's proven by the numbers and agreed by any NBA analyst, as well as by the 76ers defensive gameplan in the 1st round of the playoff.

He wasn't lmao. He was a main piece, not the sole contributor. Even in the playoffs, Nets went on their major runs when DLO was on the bench. I saw the playoffs, I dont need to listen to an ESPN twitter commentator. DLO had a couple decent games at most in that playoff run.
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:59 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Cassano18 wrote:
lakerican wrote:

He can help his team win in the right environment, Carmelo with Woodson as his coach and Tyson as his C, and a defensive minded team, went two rounds deep in the East playoffs. DLO like Devin Booker can lead a team and be an all-star from that perspective for sure. He did it with the Nets last year, they made the playoffs. He is a very good player in this league.

However the Lakers have two ball dominant superstars, both making super max money. We need quality players around them that either make us complete on D or O, or both. DLO as a 3rd option making 25-30M is tough to sell in that situation. In contrast, look at what Rondo, Bradley and Kuzma brought yesterday. For 40% of the price DLO would have required you got a 3rd option in Kuzma, an elite QB playmaker and an elite defensive guard. This is what we needed, or a superstar that would have put us over the top on D or O (such as Kawhi on D, Durant on O if KD were healthy).

There is a fine line between saying DLO sucks has zero impact and that he is a great player. He is an impact player, and an all-star level player in this league.

I think we still would have money signing Bradley if we signed DLO with the max. We would miss out Cook, Green, KCP, Cousins and McGee etc. Yet we wouldn’t know who we would sign as replacements for those players. To be honest, except for Green, the rest of the players are not irreplaceable. DLO on this team would instantly make us one of the best offensive teams in the league. He can’t replace Green’s defence but with good team defence (Bradley, LBJ, AD, Howard), our defence would still be okay. Irving improved his defence in Boston, I think with less loading on the offensive end, DLO could improve his defence to certain degrees which he is not able to do in Golden States right now.
AD23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:49 pm    Post subject:

Russell really killed us tonight
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:14 pm    Post subject:

lakerican wrote:

That's a great post imo
durden-tyler
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:50 am    Post subject:

Dlo is an OK player. Above average offensively, bad defensively. Would anyone be ok paying Kyle Kuzma 28M$ a season ? Because Dlo’s impact on the court isn’t very much higher than Kuzma. He was an all star last year because of injuries, I doubt he’ll see the ASG this year or in the near future. He’s an OK player. Worth 30M$ ? We’ll see, but I seriously doubt it....
cencio_999
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:22 am    Post subject:

AirTupac wrote:
cencio_999 wrote:
AirTupac wrote:

He wasn't lmao. He was a main piece, not the sole contributor. Even in the playoffs, Nets went on their major runs when DLO was on the bench. I saw the playoffs, I dont need to listen to an ESPN twitter commentator. DLO had a couple decent games at most in that playoff run.

I said "main reason", not the only reason.
Last year he was as much key for BKN as Harden was for HOU or Wesbrook for OKC.
That's the kind of contribution we are talking about.
Every metric confirms that, as well as the eye test for those who watched BKN during the regular season.

And re the playoff, atkinson made a mistake in the rotations leaving DeAngelo as the only offensive threat in the starting five (given that Harris was awful during the playoff) while Lavert and Dinwiddie were paired togheter.
He changed that in g4 or g5 iirc, but it was too late and in any case PHI was clearly a much better team than BKN.
KBandKB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:30 am    Post subject:

durden-tyler wrote:
Dlo is an OK player. Above average offensively, bad defensively. Would anyone be ok paying Kyle Kuzma 28M$ a season ? Because Dlo’s impact on the court isn’t very much higher than Kuzma. He was an all star last year because of injuries, I doubt he’ll see the ASG this year or in the near future. He’s an OK player. Worth 30M$ ? We’ll see, but I seriously doubt it....

There’s a decent chance he’ll make ASG this year.

Locks

1. LeBron
2. AD
3. Kawhi
4. Harden
5. Lillard
6. Towns
7. Luka

Most Likely
8. PG
9. Jokic

That leaves 4 spots up for grabs for:

Mitchell, Booker, Westbrook, DLo, Ingram, Gobert, Lou Will, McCollum, Wiggins, and Derozan.
ducasse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:33 am    Post subject:

DLO won't make ASG if the Warriors record remains this bad.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 103, 104, 105 ... 241, 242, 243  Next
Page 104 of 243
Jump to: