OFFICIAL ROB PELINKA THREAD.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 241, 242, 243  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:47 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
I really hope that the mods take action regarding the posting of unverified tweets here.

Mods usually are up in par when it comes to unreliable tweets.

They still haven’t said anything about IGS being a hack, they still allow his tweets on LG.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:49 am    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
danzag wrote:
I really hope that the mods take action regarding the posting of unverified tweets here.

Inspector Gadget isn't banned yet so they don't really care

That guy brings down the quality of these boards so much... for every great conversation going on here, he floods the board with 8 posts of crap.

Now he's posting the twitter fool and giving him a platform.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:53 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
Staccatos wrote:
trablos wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
And just as I posted that, there is a new Jerry West rumor.

?

https://mobile.twitter.com/IGotSources/status/1117964522168279040

lmao that was a yes, yes, yes, yes, no moment.

That same twitter personality said Jeanie Buss is vetoing any return of Jerry West to the Lakers.

https://twitter.com/IGotSources/status/1118360872366141440

Quote:
MR. UNTOUCHABLE
‏@IGotSources
Many within Lakers Organization want Jerry West back with the Front Office, however According to a source close to the situation @JeanieBuss is still “a hard no” on Jerry West

8:49 PM - 16 Apr 2019

Also

https://twitter.com/IGotSources/status/1118361912935247872
Quote:
MR. UNTOUCHABLE
‏@IGotSources
Rob Pelinka who contacted Clippers in regards to Jerry West did it without Jeannie Buss blessing.

8:53 PM - 16 Apr 2019

This is all a bunch of BS... the dude is trolling hard and people are falling for it.

Maybe Lakers reach out to Jerry. Maybe they don't. Thew way he wrote it, he can make himself look credible.

Let's Woj reports Lakers talked to Jerry: He claims Jeanie came around
If we never hear a peep about Lakers/Jerry: Jeanie firmly vetoed it

It's that easy. He was never wrong and people (dumb ones) fall for it.

Or maybe he just has inside information.
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:57 am    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
composite wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
I sincerely hope Rob had nothing to do with DLO, Randle, Brook, Lou, Zu, Bryant and the whole AD debacle. I’m sure he played some part in it though.

It amazes me how well ex-Laker players are thriving. I'm guessing Luke will be coach of the year with the Kings next year.

The Lou trade trade got us Kuz. Zubac scored a total of 2 pts in the playoffs. The Dlo trade made the two max dream possible. All these moves were still right imo.

Sure we could of signed Randle and BL to a big one year deal and that would of been smart but if we do get a second star they both wouldnt be able to stay on the team next year so as long as we catch another big fish none of the moves you Mentioned will matter much.

If we dont well it was a lot to risk and come up empty handed

I’m sorry but all those trades to me were garbage at best. The dlo trade was stupid as you could have got moz off the books during the trade deadline and that dlo looked real stupid aS he goes on to play in the all star game...smh. Oyeah and he knows how to shoot o think something this year we actually needed. Also that same year it seemed pretty easy for the nets to trade moz sooo ummm why couldn’t we?

That Lou trade was stupid as one Lou knew how to score and score some more...nobody was complaining when he kept getting to the free throw line and guess what he could actually make his free throws. Him and nick young were bench players forced to be starters due to all the youth we had at the time. Oyeah but we got kuz kuz kuz...yeah we still could have got him as it was only one draft position upward and we were noted as the only idiots who had our eye on him. And zu was helping us stay in the hunt of the playoffs and we got some hot garbage that shouldn’t even be on the nba....zu got 2 points more than our whole team right about now. Annnnd the total icing full circle on the Cake? If we don’t get a star this summer all these none headed moves for capespace is going to look real stupid.....I mean blinding. Once again our mvp biggest free agent catch will be “cap space” put back of my lakers jersey “CAP”
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:04 am    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
2019 wrote:
Staccatos wrote:
trablos wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

?

That same twitter personality said Jeanie Buss is vetoing any return of Jerry West to the Lakers.

Quote:
MR. UNTOUCHABLE
‏@IGotSources
Many within Lakers Organization want Jerry West back with the Front Office, however According to a source close to the situation @JeanieBuss is still “a hard no” on Jerry West

Also

Quote:
MR. UNTOUCHABLE
‏@IGotSources
Rob Pelinka who contacted Clippers in regards to Jerry West did it without Jeannie Buss blessing.

This is all a bunch of BS... the dude is trolling hard and people are falling for it.

Maybe Lakers reach out to Jerry. Maybe they don't. Thew way he wrote it, he can make himself look credible.

He doesn't. He's been exposed on reddit and on twitter. He was lying about working for the Athletic, got called out by Athletic writers, and deleted all his bio and tweets mentioning the Athletic. The dude was pretending to be an OKC insider then got called out and switched to Lakers insider.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:10 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
danzag wrote:

That guy brings down the quality of these boards so much... for every great conversation going on here, he floods the board with 8 posts of crap.

No, I’m not giving him a platform, if he was really a fraud the mods would delete anything regarding his tweets & info.

I’m not gonna be a complete ** by throwing dirt at IGS.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:12 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
2019 wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
danzag wrote:

No, I’m not giving him a platform, if he was really a fraud the mods would delete anything regarding his tweets & info.

but you were asked nicely to not post anything by this guy and you keep posting him
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:16 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
2019 wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
danzag wrote:

but you were asked nicely to not post anything by this guy and you keep posting him

Fine, I won’t anymore....
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:17 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
2019 wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
danzag wrote:

Fine, I won’t anymore....

thanks IG
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:20 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
danzag wrote:

IG is obviously known for posting like 100 rumors a minute which may not be of the best quality but it's a public forum, banning people for being die hard fans doesn't seem right to me.

It's not like dude breaks any rules, and is generally respectful even though he gets roasted by pretty much every member here for longer then a month.
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:22 am    Post subject:

1ngr4m wrote:
2019 wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
danzag wrote:

IG is obviously known for posting like 100 rumors a minute which may not be of the best quality but it's a public forum, banning people for being die hard fans doesn't seem right to me.

It's not like dude breaks any rules, and is generally respectful even though he gets roasted by pretty much every member here for longer then a month.

I believe it's against the forum rules to post fake rumors. IG does that habitually even after being told not to
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:23 am    Post subject:

This is a Rob Pelinka thread.... let’s stop hijacking the thread.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:31 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

Exactly.
We need IGS or Scoop or IAmInsider or IAmRealIPromise or some other legit insider to give us more juiciness.
Sago
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:37 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:28 am    Post subject:

JustaObserver wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
composite wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
I sincerely hope Rob had nothing to do with DLO, Randle, Brook, Lou, Zu, Bryant and the whole AD debacle. I’m sure he played some part in it though.

It amazes me how well ex-Laker players are thriving. I'm guessing Luke will be coach of the year with the Kings next year.

The Lou trade trade got us Kuz. Zubac scored a total of 2 pts in the playoffs. The Dlo trade made the two max dream possible. All these moves were still right imo.

Sure we could of signed Randle and BL to a big one year deal and that would of been smart but if we do get a second star they both wouldnt be able to stay on the team next year so as long as we catch another big fish none of the moves you Mentioned will matter much.

If we dont well it was a lot to risk and come up empty handed

Oyeah but we got kuz kuz kuz...yeah we still could have got him as it was only one draft position upward and we were noted as the only idiots who had our eye on him. real stupid.....

Cant change your mind on what you believe was smart or not, but in order to get kuz we had to make the dlo or lou trade. We picked up two first rounds that year because of those trades so the only way to have kuz was by giving up either dlo or Lou (Rob has actually netted us 3 first rounders since he has been here).

Think of it this way with those two trades: Dlo and Lou for Kuz Hart and a max space
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:23 pm    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
2019 wrote:
Staccatos wrote:
trablos wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

?

Quote:
MR. UNTOUCHABLE
‏@IGotSources

Also

Quote:
MR. UNTOUCHABLE
‏@IGotSources

He doesn't. He's been exposed on reddit and on twitter. He was lying about working for the Athletic, got called out by Athletic writers, and deleted all his bio and tweets mentioning the Athletic. The dude was pretending to be an OKC insider then got called out and switched to Lakers insider.

Give me a link to all this because LG's beloved LFR aka GT has said what he says lines up to some of the things he has heard.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:35 pm    Post subject:

Think about it, why would Rob bring in someone to take control from him. He wants to be in charge... who doesnt
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:33 pm    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
Think about it, why would Rob bring in someone to take control from him. He wants to be in charge... who doesnt

he can bring in a consultant tough
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:56 pm    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:

Rob doesn't own the Lakers.
Daphanabe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:23 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:

Excellent point. Could be a way to legitimize his ‘reign’. He brings in someone highly respected as a Consultant - no need for PoBO, he solidifies his reign, the masses are placated by a big name.
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:31 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:

Honestly, though, if Rob went to Jeannie and demanded we beef up our staff and hired a bunch of basketball people, analytics people, health and science people, etc., that would be something. I still don't think Rob is the guy to make those calls, but it'd be an improvement. But Jeannie is cheap so that's probably pipe.

Last edited by The Lebrons on Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Stumpy25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:29 pm    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:

Rob would be bringing in someone who he worked with and someone who he trusts to help him make decisions. This is what you call a consultant. That's why I think Arn Tellem is the guy, their history goes back years.
It's definitely not going to be Jerry West, there's nothing in common there and Jeanne doesn't want him. In fact Jerry West is your enemy across the room.
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:51 pm    Post subject:

Stumpy25 wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:

Rob would be bringing in someone who he worked with and someone who he trusts to help him make decisions. This is what you call a consultant. That's why I think Arn Tellem is the guy, their history goes back years.
It's definitely not going to be Jerry West, there's nothing in common there and Jeanne doesn't want him. In fact Jerry West is your enemy across the room.

Jerry could at least make this place back respectable....Annd this is one reason some might question coming here when you got a IDT owning a company...I really think her and Dolan share that one brain cell smh.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:10 pm    Post subject:

trablos wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:

Rob doesn't own the Lakers.

i was ref: "Rob Pelinka who contacted Clippers in regards to Jerry West did it without Jeannie Buss blessing."

i very much doubt Rob contacted jerry west without Jeannie. He has very little to gain bringing in someone who would probably have more influence with the Lakers than him. I could see it happen if Jeanine demanded it but not the other way around.
Japago
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:15 pm    Post subject:

I share lots of fans' concerns about Pelinka.

But, one thing that would make me feel a little better is finding out that he wasn't part of the anti-shooter philosophy that they had last off-season. I think he also repeated what Magic said about not needing shooters because they didn't want to copy the Warriors(lol).

But, Pelinka said himself that Magic lays out the vision and it was his job to carry it out. Maybe he was just being a good subordinate and selling that vision? He did have James Harden and Buddy Hield as clients before he became the Lakers' GM.

Whatever problems Pelinka has, getting rid of the outdated philosophy the Lakers had last off-season is a good step in the right direction.

I would still love veteran front office guys for sure. But that philosophy, which led to the Lakers' signing the players they did, was really egregious.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 241, 242, 243  Next
Page 41 of 243
Jump to: