OFFICIAL ROB PELINKA THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
cKPayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 07 Jul 2001
Posts: 13299

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:24 am    Post subject:

Dont know what pelinka will do but its a breath of fresh air from Kupcake and his outdated style
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
VicXLakers
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 08 Feb 2006
Posts: 5360

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:23 am    Post subject:

just waiting for the cheerleading to be over and see what moves are made...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 18 Jul 2006
Posts: 2531

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:45 am    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:
just waiting for the cheerleading to be over and see what moves are made...



It'll probably be complete silence until after May 16th.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
misterrunon
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 1841

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:19 pm    Post subject:

After listening to him speak, I have the utmost confidence that he will be good at his job. He seems to be a smart, pensive dude who knows what to look for in a good team.

I think Magic is also pretty good with communicating with players and helping them develop, but as far as talent evaluation goes, I'm still on the fence.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
2019
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 03 Dec 2014
Posts: 3382

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:19 pm    Post subject:

misterrunon wrote:
After listening to him speak, I have the utmost confidence that he will be good at his job. He seems to be a smart, pensive dude who knows what to look for in a good team.

I think Magic is also pretty good with communicating with players and helping them develop, but as far as talent evaluation goes, I'm still on the fence.


I think Rob knows talent having played with the fab 5, and recruiting players for years. Magic does too-- even if he's made some dumb tweets

However, Luke will have a big say in the type of guy he wants and I think Ryan and Jesse will play a bigger part in that going forward. Both have been instrumental in who we've drafted recently.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 18 Jul 2006
Posts: 2531

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:27 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
misterrunon wrote:
After listening to him speak, I have the utmost confidence that he will be good at his job. He seems to be a smart, pensive dude who knows what to look for in a good team.

I think Magic is also pretty good with communicating with players and helping them develop, but as far as talent evaluation goes, I'm still on the fence.


I think Rob knows talent having played with the fab 5, and recruiting players for years. Magic does too-- even if he's made some dumb tweets

However, Luke will have a big say in the type of guy he wants and I think Ryan and Jesse will play a bigger part in that going forward. Both have been instrumental in who we've drafted recently.


Luke will certainly have a big say, but how big? I pose the question because one of the main players (Mozgov) that we hear so much pissing & moaning about was Luke's first choice if I recall the details that emerged.

He certainly had a big say with Mozgov because look how we were the first team to come to an agreement with available free agents. Btw, I actually like Mozgov going forward, just not the length of his contract. It's Deng who was the biggest gaffe on the part of the previous guys.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Ziggy
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 10 Feb 2005
Posts: 9095

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:40 pm    Post subject:

LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
2019 wrote:
misterrunon wrote:
After listening to him speak, I have the utmost confidence that he will be good at his job. He seems to be a smart, pensive dude who knows what to look for in a good team.

I think Magic is also pretty good with communicating with players and helping them develop, but as far as talent evaluation goes, I'm still on the fence.


I think Rob knows talent having played with the fab 5, and recruiting players for years. Magic does too-- even if he's made some dumb tweets

However, Luke will have a big say in the type of guy he wants and I think Ryan and Jesse will play a bigger part in that going forward. Both have been instrumental in who we've drafted recently.


Luke will certainly have a big say, but how big? I pose the question because one of the main players (Mozgov) that we hear so much pissing & moaning about was Luke's first choice if I recall the details that emerged.

He certainly had a big say with Mozgov because look how we were the first team to come to an agreement with available free agents. Btw, I actually like Mozgov going forward, just not the length of his contract. It's Deng who was the biggest gaffe on the part of the previous guys.


Luke probably gave his input but I doubt he had anything to do with the contract. That was all Jimmy boy trying to save his job.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
adkindo
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 16 Jun 2005
Posts: 10620
Location: Dirty South

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:09 pm    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
2019 wrote:
misterrunon wrote:
After listening to him speak, I have the utmost confidence that he will be good at his job. He seems to be a smart, pensive dude who knows what to look for in a good team.

I think Magic is also pretty good with communicating with players and helping them develop, but as far as talent evaluation goes, I'm still on the fence.


I think Rob knows talent having played with the fab 5, and recruiting players for years. Magic does too-- even if he's made some dumb tweets

However, Luke will have a big say in the type of guy he wants and I think Ryan and Jesse will play a bigger part in that going forward. Both have been instrumental in who we've drafted recently.


Luke will certainly have a big say, but how big? I pose the question because one of the main players (Mozgov) that we hear so much pissing & moaning about was Luke's first choice if I recall the details that emerged.

He certainly had a big say with Mozgov because look how we were the first team to come to an agreement with available free agents. Btw, I actually like Mozgov going forward, just not the length of his contract. It's Deng who was the biggest gaffe on the part of the previous guys.


Luke probably gave his input but I doubt he had anything to do with the contract. That was all Jimmy boy trying to save his job.


Luke was heavily involved in recruiting Mozgov and has been speculated that he was the primary reason they even targeted Mozgov.
_________________
@#2: #1 Fultz, #2 Jackson, #3 Tatum, #4 Isaac
@#28: PJ Dozier, Harry Giles, Jordan Bell, Wesley Iwundu, Monte Morris
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
The Logo
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 25 Jul 2013
Posts: 8468
Location: Salem, OR

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:10 pm    Post subject:

Feel like this is relevant
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJmT7jsfENo
_________________
Laker 2015-2016 Advanced Stats
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
VicXLakers
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 08 Feb 2006
Posts: 5360

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:12 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
2019 wrote:
misterrunon wrote:
After listening to him speak, I have the utmost confidence that he will be good at his job. He seems to be a smart, pensive dude who knows what to look for in a good team.

I think Magic is also pretty good with communicating with players and helping them develop, but as far as talent evaluation goes, I'm still on the fence.


I think Rob knows talent having played with the fab 5, and recruiting players for years. Magic does too-- even if he's made some dumb tweets

However, Luke will have a big say in the type of guy he wants and I think Ryan and Jesse will play a bigger part in that going forward. Both have been instrumental in who we've drafted recently.


Luke will certainly have a big say, but how big? I pose the question because one of the main players (Mozgov) that we hear so much pissing & moaning about was Luke's first choice if I recall the details that emerged.

He certainly had a big say with Mozgov because look how we were the first team to come to an agreement with available free agents. Btw, I actually like Mozgov going forward, just not the length of his contract. It's Deng who was the biggest gaffe on the part of the previous guys.


Luke probably gave his input but I doubt he had anything to do with the contract. That was all Jimmy boy trying to save his job.


Luke was heavily involved in recruiting Mozgov and has been speculated that he was the primary reason they even targeted Mozgov.


Walton was one of the key factors in bringing Mozgov to L.A., as the two talked quite a bit on the phone leading up to the signing. Aside from the obvious defensive presence that Mozgov brings, Walton also feels that he can be a solid contributor on offense as well:

http://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-news-luke-walton-opens-up-on-timofey-mozgov-signing/2016/07/16/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
The Logo
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 25 Jul 2013
Posts: 8468
Location: Salem, OR

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:14 pm    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
2019 wrote:
misterrunon wrote:
After listening to him speak, I have the utmost confidence that he will be good at his job. He seems to be a smart, pensive dude who knows what to look for in a good team.

I think Magic is also pretty good with communicating with players and helping them develop, but as far as talent evaluation goes, I'm still on the fence.


I think Rob knows talent having played with the fab 5, and recruiting players for years. Magic does too-- even if he's made some dumb tweets

However, Luke will have a big say in the type of guy he wants and I think Ryan and Jesse will play a bigger part in that going forward. Both have been instrumental in who we've drafted recently.


Luke will certainly have a big say, but how big? I pose the question because one of the main players (Mozgov) that we hear so much pissing & moaning about was Luke's first choice if I recall the details that emerged.

He certainly had a big say with Mozgov because look how we were the first team to come to an agreement with available free agents. Btw, I actually like Mozgov going forward, just not the length of his contract. It's Deng who was the biggest gaffe on the part of the previous guys.


Luke probably gave his input but I doubt he had anything to do with the contract. That was all Jimmy boy trying to save his job.


Luke was heavily involved in recruiting Mozgov and has been speculated that he was the primary reason they even targeted Mozgov.


Walton was one of the key factors in bringing Mozgov to L.A., as the two talked quite a bit on the phone leading up to the signing. Aside from the obvious defensive presence that Mozgov brings, Walton also feels that he can be a solid contributor on offense as well:

http://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-news-luke-walton-opens-up-on-timofey-mozgov-signing/2016/07/16/

I'm sure that Luke wanted Moz, but that doesn't mean he suggested how much money to give him
_________________
Laker 2015-2016 Advanced Stats
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
VicXLakers
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 08 Feb 2006
Posts: 5360

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:16 pm    Post subject:

The Logo wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
2019 wrote:
misterrunon wrote:
After listening to him speak, I have the utmost confidence that he will be good at his job. He seems to be a smart, pensive dude who knows what to look for in a good team.

I think Magic is also pretty good with communicating with players and helping them develop, but as far as talent evaluation goes, I'm still on the fence.


I think Rob knows talent having played with the fab 5, and recruiting players for years. Magic does too-- even if he's made some dumb tweets

However, Luke will have a big say in the type of guy he wants and I think Ryan and Jesse will play a bigger part in that going forward. Both have been instrumental in who we've drafted recently.


Luke will certainly have a big say, but how big? I pose the question because one of the main players (Mozgov) that we hear so much pissing & moaning about was Luke's first choice if I recall the details that emerged.

He certainly had a big say with Mozgov because look how we were the first team to come to an agreement with available free agents. Btw, I actually like Mozgov going forward, just not the length of his contract. It's Deng who was the biggest gaffe on the part of the previous guys.


Luke probably gave his input but I doubt he had anything to do with the contract. That was all Jimmy boy trying to save his job.


Luke was heavily involved in recruiting Mozgov and has been speculated that he was the primary reason they even targeted Mozgov.


Walton was one of the key factors in bringing Mozgov to L.A., as the two talked quite a bit on the phone leading up to the signing. Aside from the obvious defensive presence that Mozgov brings, Walton also feels that he can be a solid contributor on offense as well:

http://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-news-luke-walton-opens-up-on-timofey-mozgov-signing/2016/07/16/

I'm sure that Luke wanted Moz, but that doesn't mean he suggested how much money to give him


shame on the GM/owner for getting the coach what he wanted...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
adkindo
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 16 Jun 2005
Posts: 10620
Location: Dirty South

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:24 pm    Post subject:

The Logo wrote:

I'm sure that Luke wanted Moz, but that doesn't mean he suggested how much money to give him


who knows, but I doubt Luke was under the impression they were offering $5 million per year.....
_________________
@#2: #1 Fultz, #2 Jackson, #3 Tatum, #4 Isaac
@#28: PJ Dozier, Harry Giles, Jordan Bell, Wesley Iwundu, Monte Morris
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Apr 2001
Posts: 115040
Location: The Gold Coast

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:04 pm    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
2019 wrote:
misterrunon wrote:
After listening to him speak, I have the utmost confidence that he will be good at his job. He seems to be a smart, pensive dude who knows what to look for in a good team.

I think Magic is also pretty good with communicating with players and helping them develop, but as far as talent evaluation goes, I'm still on the fence.


I think Rob knows talent having played with the fab 5, and recruiting players for years. Magic does too-- even if he's made some dumb tweets

However, Luke will have a big say in the type of guy he wants and I think Ryan and Jesse will play a bigger part in that going forward. Both have been instrumental in who we've drafted recently.


Luke will certainly have a big say, but how big? I pose the question because one of the main players (Mozgov) that we hear so much pissing & moaning about was Luke's first choice if I recall the details that emerged.

He certainly had a big say with Mozgov because look how we were the first team to come to an agreement with available free agents. Btw, I actually like Mozgov going forward, just not the length of his contract. It's Deng who was the biggest gaffe on the part of the previous guys.


Luke probably gave his input but I doubt he had anything to do with the contract. That was all Jimmy boy trying to save his job.


So then you are saying that Luke shouldn't have much say.
_________________
#lakerclownshow
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
MickMgl
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 07 Jan 2013
Posts: 1296

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:51 pm    Post subject:

misterrunon wrote:
After listening to him speak, I have the utmost confidence that he will be good at his job. He seems to be a smart, pensive dude who knows what to look for in a good team.

I think Magic is also pretty good with communicating with players and helping them develop, but as far as talent evaluation goes, I'm still on the fence.


I think just the fact that all the relevant parties will be working together and communicating, brainstorming, etc - including the team president and including the coach - is going to make the machine work a little better. Luke is going to have input.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
zePokar
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 03 Jan 2013
Posts: 5329
Location: France

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:15 am    Post subject:

cKPayasoLoco wrote:
Dont know what pelinka will do but its a breath of fresh air from Kupcake and his outdated style


All this praise for the new thing. Let's see how things turn out first.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Lakersneuron
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 21 Nov 2008
Posts: 4258

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:41 am    Post subject:

cKPayasoLoco wrote:
Dont know what pelinka will do but its a breath of fresh air from Kupcake and his outdated style


So much disrespect for Mitch This man was the best GM in the league for a long stretch of time and brought us rings.
_________________
"I donít give a [expletive] what you say. If I go out there and miss game winners, and people say, 'Kobe choked, or Kobe is seven for whatever in pressure situations.' Well, [expletive] you. Because I donít play for your [expletive] approval."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Lakersneuron
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 21 Nov 2008
Posts: 4258

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:46 am    Post subject:

The Logo wrote:
Feel like this is relevant
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJmT7jsfENo


hahaha. I enjoyed that. Thanks for posting.
_________________
"I donít give a [expletive] what you say. If I go out there and miss game winners, and people say, 'Kobe choked, or Kobe is seven for whatever in pressure situations.' Well, [expletive] you. Because I donít play for your [expletive] approval."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 18 Apr 2016
Posts: 8799
Location: L.A.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:57 am    Post subject:

Lakersneuron wrote:
cKPayasoLoco wrote:
Dont know what pelinka will do but its a breath of fresh air from Kupcake and his outdated style


So much disrespect for Mitch This man was the best GM in the league for a long stretch of time and brought us rings.


I agree.. he made 2 deals that had the NBA in a frenzy.. Pau trade and almost CP3.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
nash
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Oct 2001
Posts: 7398

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:08 am    Post subject:

Lakersneuron wrote:
cKPayasoLoco wrote:
Dont know what pelinka will do but its a breath of fresh air from Kupcake and his outdated style


So much disrespect for Mitch This man was the best GM in the league for a long stretch of time and brought us rings.


He was the best in the business under old CBA.

I didn't like the way he was rebuilding us and how he let players walk for nothing, but his magic wand was fantastic for a long stretch.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
MJST
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 06 Jul 2014
Posts: 9535

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:35 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Lakersneuron wrote:
cKPayasoLoco wrote:
Dont know what pelinka will do but its a breath of fresh air from Kupcake and his outdated style


So much disrespect for Mitch This man was the best GM in the league for a long stretch of time and brought us rings.


I agree.. he made 2 deals that had the NBA in a frenzy.. Pau trade and almost CP3.


And after the CP3 trade was nixxed the very next off-season landed Nash and Dwight Howard.

People bash it, but no one could forsee Lillard breaking Nash's leg. If that doesn't happen we may not be having this discussion.
_________________
"You can't scream TANK all year and then cry when free agents don't want to sit down with you."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Sep 2001
Posts: 6023
Location: Eagle Rock

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:47 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Lakersneuron wrote:
cKPayasoLoco wrote:
Dont know what pelinka will do but its a breath of fresh air from Kupcake and his outdated style


So much disrespect for Mitch This man was the best GM in the league for a long stretch of time and brought us rings.


I agree.. he made 2 deals that had the NBA in a frenzy.. Pau trade and almost CP3.


And after the CP3 trade was nixxed the very next off-season landed Nash and Dwight Howard.

People bash it, but no one could forsee Lillard breaking Nash's leg. If that doesn't happen we may not be having this discussion.


The DH deal was good and fine. Actually that was a great deal if you consider that Bynum never really played again.

The reach was the Nash deal just considering how damn old the guy was at the time and the fact that he could not even sit in a chair any longer- dude was always laying on the floor. I am not an orthopedic surgeon but in my mind that is a bad sign. If he leg was not broken, his back would have given out on him.

I guess we had no assets at the time to trade for him, so we had to give up a lot of picks. But dang, that was a risky move for such an old player who clearly had medical issues.
_________________
R.I.P. Doc Buss

DLOnzo back court

"I think we often overlook the best way for a team like these Lakers to obtain star level players is to turn their current players into stars, rather than looking for outside help."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 17 Apr 2006
Posts: 13386

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:49 pm    Post subject:

zePokar wrote:
cKPayasoLoco wrote:
Dont know what pelinka will do but its a breath of fresh air from Kupcake and his outdated style


All this praise for the new thing. Let's see how things turn out first.
Don't you worry, if things go bad, which I hope they don't, they'll be singing a different tune soon enough.
_________________
Music is my medicine
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Jul 2006
Posts: 46136
Location: Coming soon and striking at your borders.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:51 pm    Post subject:

Vancouver Fan wrote:
zePokar wrote:
cKPayasoLoco wrote:
Dont know what pelinka will do but its a breath of fresh air from Kupcake and his outdated style


All this praise for the new thing. Let's see how things turn out first.
Don't you worry, if things go bad, which I hope they don't, they'll be singing a different tune soon enough.


THATS the Laker way
_________________
Decisions, decisions...

Hypebeasts we know aboutchea'
Don't rep the Lakers unless they popular...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
The Logo
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 25 Jul 2013
Posts: 8468
Location: Salem, OR

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:53 pm    Post subject:

Lakersneuron wrote:
The Logo wrote:
Feel like this is relevant
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJmT7jsfENo


hahaha. I enjoyed that. Thanks for posting.

Funny enough, his character actually moves to Michigan and is a fan of the Wolverines.
_________________
Laker 2015-2016 Advanced Stats
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 8 of 15
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2010 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB