OFFICIAL ROB PELINKA THREAD.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 105, 106, 107 ... 241, 242, 243  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakers4life78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:58 am    Post subject:

george w kush wrote:
What I love about Rob is his professionalism. Dude has built the best team in the league and he stays in the background. No interviews, no nothing.

If Magic were still here, he would be on every TV network gloating about how he's built a future dynasty.

Rob Pelinka got pegged with a bad rap because of the Magic Johnson in over his head clown show. I don't care how successful Magic is in business, he had zero clue on how to be a sports executive.

The last 6 months proved Magic Johnson was the child in the room. His impromptu press conference to announce his resignation on the last day of the season was one of the most disgraceful things I've seen.

Now that the loud mouth isn't leaking nonsense to his buddies at BSPN, you don't hear much about the Lakers anymore. Best executives stay in the background. Pelinka is grinding the background. His moves last summer after being shunned by Leonard have been real solid, too.
DLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:20 am    Post subject:

lakers4life78 wrote:
george w kush wrote:
What I love about Rob is his professionalism. Dude has built the best team in the league and he stays in the background. No interviews, no nothing.

If Magic were still here, he would be on every TV network gloating about how he's built a future dynasty.

Rob Pelinka got pegged with a bad rap because of the Magic Johnson in over his head clown show. I don't care how successful Magic is in business, he had zero clue on how to be a sports executive.

The last 6 months proved Magic Johnson was the child in the room. His impromptu press conference to announce his resignation on the last day of the season was one of the most disgraceful things I've seen.

Now that the loud mouth isn't leaking nonsense to his buddies at BSPN, you don't hear much about the Lakers anymore. Best executives stay in the background. Pelinka is grinding the background. His moves last summer after being shunned by Leonard have been real solid, too.

Finally we shed light to what was happening before with Magic at the helm. Love Magic, but personality wise he could not keep his mouth shut IMO on top of not being not 100% committed to the job . Loving the FO right now and Pelinka deserve the credit extinguishing the fire Magic left behind to build a well build club.
kevin61
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:06 pm    Post subject:

DLaker wrote:
lakers4life78 wrote:
george w kush wrote:

Finally we shed light to what was happening before with Magic at the helm. Love Magic, but personality wise he could not keep his mouth shut IMO on top of not being not 100% committed to the job . Loving the FO right now and Pelinka deserve the credit extinguishing the fire Magic left behind to build a well build club.

Yep
cathy78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:26 am    Post subject:

If he now can magically find Rondo some defense - we are good to go!
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 3:49 am    Post subject:

DLaker wrote:

Yeah man.
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:04 am    Post subject:

It's a good thing we have so many guards. Great foresight on his part.
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
greek laker
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:10 am    Post subject:

We were the laughing stock of the NBA just 8 months ago.Who can remember all that drama with magic, Jeannie, Rumbis, Rumbis wife?
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:39 am    Post subject:

greek laker wrote:
Who can remember all that drama with magic, Jeannie, Rumbis, Rumbis wife?

Who can forget it? The Lakers org may be singing "Kumbaya" right now but it was barely six months ago Magic was singing "Backstabbers".
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:45 am    Post subject:

manlisten wrote:

Some of us had our foresight removed as a baby..
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:48 am    Post subject:

kevin61 wrote:
DLaker wrote:
lakers4life78 wrote:
george w kush wrote:

Yep

He_l yeah! I won't go as far as saying he cost us KL. I know better than that. But the moment after he met with KL, in an attempt for KL & his team to clarify Magic's relationship with ownership,- he had foolishly PUBLICLY called RP a "backstabber", he opened his mouth to tell the world what KL & his uncle talked to him about!

That was the exact opposite of KL & his team. They run a very tight ship. There are no leaks in his chain of command. There are no publicity seekers who impulsively share damn near everything. Magic was the antithesis of the type of executive KL & his camp wanted to deal with.

Thank you Magic for your contributions on the court. And thank you even more the longer you stay away from our FO.
SPO200
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:52 am    Post subject:

LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
kevin61 wrote:
DLaker wrote:
lakers4life78 wrote:
george w kush wrote:

Yep

He_l yeah! I won't go as far as saying he cost us KL. I know better than that. But the moment after he met with KL, in an attempt for KL & his team to clarify Magic's relationship with ownership,- he had foolishly PUBLICLY called RP a "backstabber", he opened his mouth to tell the world what KL & his uncle talked to him about!

That was the exact opposite of KL & his team. They run a very tight ship. There are no leaks in his chain of command. There are no publicity seekers who impulsively share damn near everything. Magic was the antithesis of the type of executive KL & his camp wanted to deal with.

Thank you Magic for your contributions on the court. And thank you even more the longer you stay away from our FO.

And don't forget those rumors about Magic being a bully to the Lakers employees.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:30 am    Post subject:

In defense of Magic, LeBron wasn't coming here if Magic didn't convince him. I love Pelinka, but he wasn't getting LeBron here without Magic.

Without LeBron, there is no AD long term either so despite some of his embarrassing gaffes, I will give Magic some credit for fixing the Jim/Mitch mess and getting the team relevant again.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:10 am    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
In defense of Magic, LeBron wasn't coming here if Magic didn't convince him. I love Pelinka, but he wasn't getting LeBron here without Magic.

Without LeBron, there is no AD long term either so despite some of his embarrassing gaffes, I will give Magic some credit for fixing the Jim/Mitch mess and getting the team relevant again.

For some of us, me for example, there's no need for Magic to be defended. Not attempting to attack him or anything of that nature. I appreciate him, as many of us do, but also know he's made his mistakes, like being too impulsive to speak on matters without regard to how it made the FO's job more difficult.

I absolutely love the guy, and appreciate what he's done. Credit due, and credit given.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:12 am    Post subject:

He signed too many guard that can't dribble, pass, or shoot.
oaktown_dimond
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:19 am    Post subject:

Well, Rob signed guards KNOWN FOR dribbling, passing and shooting... The fact they aren't doing it here is another story.

LakerLogic wrote:
oaktown_dimond
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:27 am    Post subject:

I think we survived magic relatively unscathed, but still scathed.

Trading lou williams... Moronic! Plus you can tell he especially takes it to the Lakers when when we match up. Pretty sure he's still salty about the trade too.

Trading dlo. Not great but not horrible. Dlo isn't worth max. And we had to ditch mozzy's contract. But STUPID to let bro lo walk. Wtf?

Trading Randle. Not worth his present contract, but we could have had him for a few more years.

Trading Zu for Muscala. Bwahaha! Still, Zu ain't gonna be the second coming of kareem or anything.

Letting Thomas Bryant go? Idiotic!

Trading mo wags? We couldn't have kept him until we saw where kawhi landed? Trade him if kawhi came through? that's a question to y'all. Again, I doubt he'll be the next detlef, but kid is feisty and not afraid to piss people off. I like that!
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:14 pm    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:

What this team could really use is either a younger version of Rondo or an older version of THT.
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:43 pm    Post subject:

manlisten wrote:

Not sure if you are being sincere or sarcastic but if you note all the injuries to the Laker guards to start the year it has actually worked out so far.

I also felt either Cook or Daniels was expendable for a wing and probably still are but keeping in mind the injury history of Rondo and AB and rest/limited minutes for Green as the season progresses we may need that insurance on the bench.
Staccatos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:49 pm    Post subject:

Should've found a way to keep Mo Wagner instead of dropping him for nothing.

Kid is balling out now that he's got a chance to show what he's got.

12.3 ppg 5.4 rpg on .629 fg% and .515 3p% in 18.8 mpg.

Leading the league in true shooting % at .738
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 3:50 pm    Post subject:

Staccatos wrote:

Always liked Moe, particularly when the Lakers selected him as he looked to be a good replacement for T. Bryant.
ducasse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:01 pm    Post subject:

Staccatos wrote:

Mo goes for 30 and 15 in 25 minutes. Impressive. First player to put up 30-15 off the bench since Yao Ming in 2002.

manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:05 pm    Post subject:

PlantedTanks wrote:
manlisten wrote:

Not sure if you are being sincere or sarcastic but if you note all the injuries to the Laker guards to start the year it has actually worked out so far.

I also felt either Cook or Daniels was expendable for a wing and probably still are but keeping in mind the injury history of Rondo and AB and rest/limited minutes for Green as the season progresses we may need that insurance on the bench.

I was being sincere.
laker50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:07 am    Post subject:

Have to give Pelinka, Jeannnie, and Rambis credit for completely turning the Lakers around.
Last year they didn't even make the playoffs.
The previous 8 years in the cellar and yearly lottery team.
Now 16-2 and leading the WC.
If this isn't a turnaround don't know what is.
Hope it lasts.
al242
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:08 am    Post subject:

So far, Rob is easily the Executive of the Year front-runner.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:46 am    Post subject:

Thank you Rob and Linda!!!!!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 105, 106, 107 ... 241, 242, 243  Next
Page 106 of 243
Jump to: