OFFICIAL ROB PELINKA THREAD.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 133, 134, 135 ... 241, 242, 243  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:36 pm    Post subject:

Reds622 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Our best bet imo is if Donovan wants Schroder in Chicago...then all parties can talk since Lakers have his bird rights.

Bam. Done. Moving on

Well... THT is also from Chicago.

I mean, if THT/Dennis/2021 1st can get us Lavine...I mean...let's go.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:39 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Reds622 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Our best bet imo is if Donovan wants Schroder in Chicago...then all parties can talk since Lakers have his bird rights.

Bam. Done. Moving on

I know it sounds ridiculous, but the perfect storm is Donovan wants Schroder and Lavine says he wants out...

I still don’t see it, but it may not be too far fetched and man can we use a player as explosive as Lavine with grandpa LBJ and Day to Davis. Maybe we could win a couple more games if and when 3 and 23 miss games.
AD23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:39 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Reds622 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Bam. Done. Moving on

If we can throw in Kuz for Thaddeus Young, yes plz!
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:41 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Reds622 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Bam. Done. Moving on

I know it sounds ridiculous, but the perfect storm is Donovan wants Schroder and Lavine says he wants out...

I still don’t see it, but it may not be too far fetched and man can we use a player as explosive as Lavine with grandpa LBJ and Day to Davis. Maybe we could win a couple more games if and when 3 and 23 miss games.

I would throw everything not named AD/LBJ to get Lavine. Lavine isn't perfect, but man, do we need scoring punch. Look at our playoff stats. 3 players in double digits. The rest hovering in the 6ppg area. Unacceptable.
RashardA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:15 pm    Post subject:

AD23 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Reds622 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Bam. Done. Moving on

If we can throw in Kuz for Thaddeus Young, yes plz!

The Lakers are not going to trade Kuz just for the sake of trading him or because this fan base does not like him.

The trade has to make sense and Kuz for Thad Young makes no sense at all.
laker50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:32 am    Post subject:

Rob seems to be a pretty smart guy and they type that learns from his mistakes.
Actually the only mistake that happened was AD and Lebron getting hurt big time. And it was not his fault.
Now the biggest mistake would be to overpay DS. Trezz is just learning to play defense from being a top player. All those can be fixed.

The important thing is to use that draft pick for once to pick a player.
Keep Caruso and THT. Keep Drummond.

The Lakers are just a consistent shooter away. Just need one to keep the defenses honest.
KCP and Kuz are streaky. Need one consistent shooter.
roger_federer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 1:51 pm    Post subject:

Everyone keep saying Rob is smart, genius etc etc. What is his best work so far that made him smart or genius?
Reds622
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:07 pm    Post subject:

roger_federer wrote:
Everyone keep saying Rob is smart, genius etc etc. What is his best work so far that made him smart or genius?

"Later that week, Pelinka was honored with the 1993 Walter Byers Scholar Award as the NCAA's top male scholar athlete. Pelinka earned a variety of other scholar athlete awards."

"Pelinka earned his Juris Doctor (bleep) laude in 1996...from the University of Michigan."

Kobe Bryant obviously thought he was pretty smart.

Seems pretty darn smart to me.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:08 pm    Post subject:

roger_federer wrote:

Exactly. He has proven nothing. Besides other mistakes, I will always think breaking up a championship squad, after their 1st title is dumb as hell. Even if people have the excuse of AD and Bron being injured, same result. It is still not smart at all. Nothing genius about it. He still has to prove his self. We will see what he does this off season.
RashardA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:21 pm    Post subject:

Watching these playoffs and seeing all these players the Lakers won the chip with making huge contributions makes me sick.

Rob really did destroy a championship winning roster.

Crazy.
Laker_Jocker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:01 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Reds622 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Bam. Done. Moving on

WAT??? No friggin way.. if that is even remotely possible with a deal centered around DS, you do that every day! Works now and post LBJ. California Dreamin tho...
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:07 pm    Post subject:

RashardA wrote:
Watching these playoffs and seeing all these players the Lakers won the chip with making huge contributions makes me sick.

Crazy.

Brah the very thought of Clips-Sixers Finals make my nose bleed.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:25 pm    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
roger_federer wrote:

Exactly. He has proven nothing. Besides other mistakes, I will always think breaking up a championship squad, after their 1st title is dumb as hell. Even if people have the excuse of AD and Bron being injured, same result. It is still not smart at all. Nothing genius about it. He still has to prove his self. We will see what he does this off season.

I think of Rob as an unknown.

He didn't have anything to do with the Lebron coming here. He gave up the house to get AD, which is fine, but it was a type of deal that basically any GM could do.

The team he put around Lebron and AD last year was fine and worked out, but I don't know that he pulled off any spectacular deals.

He certainly changed the roster up this year. I can't say whether all the changes were a positive, a negative, or a neutral. The team was humming along fine before the injuries. And who knows they might have continued to hum along fine if AD and Lebron haven't gotten hurt.

GM's tend to be praised when things go right and pummeled when things go bad, no matter what their contribution to the good or bad.

I'm still waiting for him to show what kind of GM he is.
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:42 pm    Post subject:

I think Lavine is more gettable at the trade deadline.

He’d be my dream acquisition
phantasyman
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:47 pm    Post subject:

RashardA wrote:

Crazy.

What an astute observation. LOL
phantasyman
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:51 pm    Post subject:

Lakesh0wtime wrote:

Lavine reminds me of Butler. Gets hot, but could easily get cold. I don't think he'd be a good fit
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:56 pm    Post subject:

Lakesh0wtime wrote:

The thought of getting Lavine is exciting, but I do wonder..

When next season comes around, would LBJ, AD and Lavine be enough to get the job done? Especially with potential shake ups in the league
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:59 pm    Post subject:

Kobetan wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:

The thought of getting Lavine is exciting, but I do wonder..

When next season comes around, would LBJ, AD and Lavine be enough to get the job done? Especially with potential shake ups in the league

It depends on AD.

Going into this season I thought after how well he played last year and wining a chip..that AD was going to take it to the next level.

ESPN had him ranked as the number 2 player. I thought he’d make the leap into top 3 player MVP status.

Hopefully with a full offseason and a rework of his body he gets to that.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:36 pm    Post subject:

laker50 wrote:
Actually the only mistake that happened was AD and Lebron getting hurt big time. And it was not his fault.
Now the biggest mistake would be to overpay DS. Trezz is just learning to play defense from being a top player. All those can be fixed.

The Lakers are just a consistent shooter away. Just need one to keep the defenses honest.

Lakers had plenty of consistent shooters this season. The problem was their coach didn't put them in any position of consistency. That's why when 'shooters' leave the Lakers and get into systems with coaches that can give them consistent roles their shooting 'appears to return'.

Blame is on Vogel and his inability to coach an offense, not in the roster he was given.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 5:57 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
laker50 wrote:

Lakers had plenty of consistent shooters this season. The problem was their coach didn't put them in any position of consistency. That's why when 'shooters' leave the Lakers and get into systems with coaches that can give them consistent roles their shooting 'appears to return'.

Blame is on Vogel and his inability to coach an offense, not in the roster he was given.

The Lakers assembled a team of guys who historically have not shot particularly well in their careers.

Wes Matthews may be the only above average shooter on the team for his career, and he's been slipping the last couple of years before he even joined the lakers.

I did find it odd that the Lakers made so many changes to the team, which seemed to prioritize offense, but brought in scorers rather than shooters
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 6:36 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
laker50 wrote:

I continue seeing the criticism of Vogel / coaches for the lack of offense or failed offensive system. Why?

What are the realistic expectations when James is on the team? The ball and offense goes through him first and foremost. The Lakers rely on his skills and style. It is ISO heavy even when he is off the floor. That is who they are for better or worse. Simply the culture of a James led team.

Not sure I’m seeing the expectations of it changing by bringing in a better offensive coach. What offensive system are you expecting?
youcantguardme
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:02 am    Post subject:

I'm not going to give up on Rob yet. After all, it was Magic that pushed drafting Lonzo at #2, considering he sucks and Jayson Tatum and Donavan Mitchell were available (not to mention several others). The point isn't drafting a dog, the point is that you can't blame the GM for making moves that didn't work out and ignore other stupid crap, like the worst Laker move in the past generation.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:27 am    Post subject:

We don’t know much about Rob because this is a Klutch organization.

All we know about Rob is that he works his ass off and is a former agent that seems to have players’ respect. He probably does all the grinding work for Klutch, which is still valuable because I’m guessing cap management and knowing all the rules is probably not something Klutch is too interested in...but it’s obvious Lebron and AD heavily influence all personnel decisions.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:36 am    Post subject:

The list of things Rob has done well is a healthy one. But two that have to come up right away are being pivotal in getting Magic out of the President position and gaining the trust of his stars.
AD23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:52 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
We don’t know much about Rob because this is a Klutch organization.

All we know about Rob is that he works his ass off and is a former agent that seems to have players’ respect. He probably does all the grinding work for Klutch, which is still valuable because I’m guessing cap management and knowing all the rules is probably not something Klutch is too interested in...but it’s obvious Lebron and AD heavily influence all personnel decisions.

Crazy right and they're our two stars. Unheard of in the league.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 133, 134, 135 ... 241, 242, 243  Next
Page 134 of 243
Jump to: