OFFICIAL ROB PELINKA THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
epak
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 11:16 am    Post subject:

cyborgspider wrote:
Officially, the Nets picked Kuzma and traded him to the Lakers.

Now you can get all nitpicky and say the Lakers would've taken him away at 28th and that the Dlo pick actually netted Josh Hart & Thomas Bryant, but why are we arguing over semantics?

Dlo & Mozgov's contracts are gone, Kuz + Hart had incredible rookie seasons, and the team is on the up and up. The F is the point of being so granular with the transaction ledger?

Because some only accept the dlo trade if Kuz was part of it.
Others need Kuz not to be a part of the trade to hate the dlo move.
And some just don't mind him gone.
Vanquish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 11:27 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
cyborgspider wrote:

Now you can get all nitpicky and say the Lakers would've taken him away at 28th and that the Dlo pick actually netted Josh Hart & Thomas Bryant, but why are we arguing over semantics?

Dlo & Mozgov's contracts are gone, Kuz + Hart had incredible rookie seasons, and the team is on the up and up. The F is the point of being so granular with the transaction ledger?

Well one thing I can say for Dlo, he's the new Marcus Banks for LG

I think it took the Gasol trade for people to stop bringing up losing Banks in the Mihm trade as a reason why Mitch sucked. Similarly, I think it would take Lebron +PG to finally put Dlo to rest
epak
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 3:29 pm    Post subject:

I think dlo will have a better career than our son, Banks.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 5:12 pm    Post subject:

Vanquish wrote:
epak wrote:
cyborgspider wrote:

Well one thing I can say for Dlo, he's the new Marcus Banks for LG

I think it took the Gasol trade for people to stop bringing up losing Banks in the Mihm trade as a reason why Mitch sucked. Similarly, I think it would take Lebron +PG to finally put Dlo to rest

Nah. Iím not falling for that one. A lot of the people who opposed the new regime have been licking their chops ever since the Russell trade.

ĎIf the Lakers donít get two max free agents then the Russell trade was a failure.í

If LeBron and George do come, there are several I can think of who will subtly shift the argument to the Lakers needing to win a championship to justify that trade. Not immediately, but eventually. Pride doesnít die easily, especially when bragging rights are involved.

- John Piper
Vanquish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 7:35 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
I think dlo will have a better career than our son, Banks.

I think that remains to be seen. Dlo could be the next Andrew Bynum for all we know with his knees. He only played 40 games last year for the nets, after having a good start.

Of course, I hope that doesn't happen, and wish Dlo all the success in the world. But I think it's a realistic possibility. Getting major treatment on his knees at such a young age is already not a good sign.
ÄH£M£$TR•
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 7:37 pm    Post subject:

Ah yes... dlo... again.
VicXLakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:50 pm    Post subject:

June 8, 2018
Lakers News: Kobe Bryant Gives One Piece Of Advice To GM Rob Pelinka To Build A Successful Team Like GSW
Lakers legend Kobe Bryant told Rob Pelinka that his biggest challenge as a general manager is to be patient.

https://www.inquisitr.com/4934086/lakers-news-kobe-bryant-gives-one-important-advice-to-gm-rob-pelinka-to-build-a-successful-team-like-gsw/

ďItís hard, but itís natural. My first day on the job, Kobe called me and said, ĎHereís your biggest challenge, Rob. Be patient.í Look at the great teams. Look up north of us, the team thatís playing Houston right now. They drafted well, they were patient. They had opportunities to move some of the pieces on their rookie contracts for made-now stars, and they didnít. Itís led to what they have, so thatís a great pathway, and patience is essential to that.Ē
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17
Page 17 of 17
Jump to: