Ding: Jerry West interesed in Returning to Lakers/Jeanie said No (Joining the Clips; p. 13)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chase.button07
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:51 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
Jerry west had to be really desperate to take clippers job?

His own team didn't renew his contract, his old team said: thanks but no thanks.

So he joins the clippers

The Warriors were in contract talks with him. He had done all he could there and was looking for a new challenge. Just as in GS, he now has an owner who will do everything he can to win.

Do you know pacers owner was going to fire larry bird before the news broke out of him reasoning?

Don't trust everything from the media. The recent draft leaks should teach you that.

If the warriors really cared and wanted him, he would still be a warrior

Translation: if Jerry West came into this thread and confirmed it, I would call it fake news because I have horribly attached myself to a position and I'm not able to give it up.

come on 24, u know i am not going to argue with you on a general board?

too much respect here for u to do that & no i am not using this to get out of the argument
laker4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:16 pm    Post subject:

Chase.button07 wrote:

His own team didn't renew his contract, his old team said: thanks but no thanks.

So he joins the clippers

and so what is the problem with that. Why is it such a "desperate" move.

Jerry West has been involved in the NBA as player, coach and executive. He was with the Lakers, Grizzlies and recently the Warriors.

I think he is entitled to go where ever he wants.

He expressed an interest with the Lakers because of his history here but they decided to go in a different direction.

The Clippers gave him an offer and he made his decision.

Congrats to him and the Clippers.

I hope that Lakers do not regret this move.
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:17 pm    Post subject:

Chase.button07 wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:

So he joins the clippers

The Warriors were in contract talks with him. He had done all he could there and was looking for a new challenge. Just as in GS, he now has an owner who will do everything he can to win.

Do you know pacers owner was going to fire larry bird before the news broke out of him reasoning?

Don't trust everything from the media. The recent draft leaks should teach you that.

Translation: if Jerry West came into this thread and confirmed it, I would call it fake news because I have horribly attached myself to a position and I'm not able to give it up.

too much respect here for u to do that & no i am not using this to get out of the argument
You kind of are but keep doing you though.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:24 pm    Post subject:

I wonder if they gave a shout out to Jerry.
Dray gave one to Bob.
Chase.button07
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:33 pm    Post subject:

Vancouver Fan wrote:

You kind of are but keep doing you though.

:yawn:
Chase.button07
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:35 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
https://youtu.be/PkEcsnIN32c

Dray gave one to Bob.

really nobody cares in warriors organization or fan club that j west left

everybody is happy he didnt loot the warriors this time around for another piece in ownership
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:38 pm    Post subject:

Double

Last edited by CamReddish on Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:39 pm    Post subject:

Chase.button07 wrote:
epak wrote:
https://youtu.be/PkEcsnIN32c

Dray gave one to Bob.

really nobody cares in warriors organization or fan club that j west left

everybody is happy he didnt loot the warriors this time around for another piece in ownership

Fans don't care what he got paid.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:43 pm    Post subject:

Chase.button07 wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:

So he joins the clippers

Just trying to illustrate for you how silly you sound. You're reaching and spinning and flailing and you know it.
Batguano
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:51 pm    Post subject:

Can't believe the amount of people in this thread trying to downplay this.

Make no mistake about it, this is the new regime's first major F up. Now, that doesn't mean that they don't be able to do a good job without West. But anyone who thinks we're better off WITHOUT Jerry West in some front office capacity than WITH Jerry West is in denial.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:52 pm    Post subject:

We can't mess with Magic's development.
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:06 pm    Post subject:

Batguano wrote:
Can't believe the amount of people in this thread trying to downplay this.

Make no mistake about it, this is the new regime's first major F up. Now, that doesn't mean that they don't be able to do a good job without West. But anyone who thinks we're better off WITHOUT Jerry West in some front office capacity than WITH Jerry West is in denial.

You are absolutely right that it is better to have him than not, but what exactly are we missing by not bringing him here? Sure he is one of the best basketball minds ever and it would be great to have his input, but is this really a franchise altering move? I think we will be just fine without him.
Chase.button07
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:09 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:

So he joins the clippers

Just trying to illustrate for you how silly you sound. You're reaching and spinning and flailing and you know it.

Nope. I have no reason to spin.

None what so ever 24
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:19 pm    Post subject:

Generally perturbed West wasn't offered a position with the Lakers.

One thing I wonder about though. West wouldn't report to the owner (Jeannie). He would have had to report to Magic who convinced Pelinka to leave a very lucrative job as a super agent to take the Laker gig. It wasn't the same thing as Bob Myers who wasn't nearly at Pelinka's level as an agent.

Is it possible adding West's voice to the conversation would have infringed on the bargain Magic made to draw in Pelinka?
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:01 pm    Post subject:

Russell1 wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:
Chase.button is trolling all of you and you keep falling for it.

You are a mod, tell me how it is trolling, if I don't think signing J west is a big thing?

I have to much respect for DB,GT, 24 to troll this forum

You are presenting things as fact without supporting evidence as other have provided. The evidence points to they wanted him back. You said lip service and deflected. Lol. Trolling

And many here are witch hunting opinions that they don't agree with...just sayin.

According to Tim Kwaikami...JW got paid a (bleep) ton more with the Clippers than he did with the Dubs. But that can't be a factor in all of this right?

JW said there was nothing left to do in GS. Ok...who's going to challenge that narrative? Bob Myers so he can look like the Dray Green of the FO world?

Chase ain't trolling...he's giving a different opinion. Many here are overreacting and speculating about what might happen. Any anti-Jeannie bias? Because I've read quite a bit in this thread and on this site.

We all love JW...I wish him well with the Clippers and hope we kick his ass as they go into full rebuild mode and Doc gets (bleep) canned.

Does anyone really, really think JW is ever going to try and stick it to the Lakers? Come on y'all...remember Pau?

#BannersOverBillboards
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:07 pm    Post subject:

CervantesRises wrote:
Russell1 wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

You are a mod, tell me how it is trolling, if I don't think signing J west is a big thing?

You are presenting things as fact without supporting evidence as other have provided. The evidence points to they wanted him back. You said lip service and deflected. Lol. Trolling

And many here are witch hunting opinions that they don't agree with...just sayin.

According to Tim Kwaikami...JW got paid a (bleep) ton more with the Clippers than he did with the Dubs. But that can't be a factor in all of this right?

JW said there was nothing left to do in GS. Ok...who's going to challenge that narrative? Bob Myers so he can look like the Dray Green of the FO world?

Chase ain't trolling...he's giving a different opinion. Many here are overreacting and speculating about what might happen. Any anti-Jeannie bias? Because I've read quite a bit in this thread and on this site.

We all love JW...I wish him well with the Clippers and hope we kick his ass as they go into full rebuild mode and Doc gets (bleep) canned.

Does anyone really, really think JW is ever going to try and stick it to the Lakers? Come on y'all...remember Pau?

Witch hunting, fake news, alternative facts. The whole shmear. I do love the Pau myth hanging on though.
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:10 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
I am really surprised Jerry even had interest considering how pathetic our ownership group is.

So what chase is doing is trolling...but this kind of pettiness is ok?

Can we all agree that we love Jerry. Wish he was back home, but Magic declined for unspecified reasons. and this thread?

I'm so tired of the anti-Jeannie narrative on here. She loves the Lakers, is one of the few, if not only female owners in sports, and has brought Magic back into the fold while getting rid of an obvious problem in her brother Jim.

You may not like how she did it...ok, fine...but it's done. And the Lakers today are better for it than we would have been had she let Jim send BI+ out for Cousins.

She has the support of Jesse, who for my money appears to be the smartest of all the Buss kids...so that must count for something. Right?

#BannersOverBillboards
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:13 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:
Russell1 wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

Witch hunting, fake news, alternative facts. The whole shmear. I do love the Pau myth hanging on though.

You could elaborate, but with our history I'm fairly certain your perception of me...which is sad, because prior to that I really appreciated your takes on things.

I guess what gets lost in all of this ego clashing is that we all agree we wish Jerry was back home...too bad we can't seem to leave it at that without rattling sabers trying to be right.

Good night sir...you win the thread.

#BannersOverBillboards
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:22 pm    Post subject:

CervantesRises wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:
Russell1 wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

You could elaborate, but with our history I'm fairly certain your perception of me...which is sad, because prior to that I really appreciated your takes on things.

I guess what gets lost in all of this ego clashing is that we all agree we wish Jerry was back home...too bad we can't seem to leave it at that without rattling sabers trying to be right.

That wasn't all directed at you. Just the witch hunt and the Pau myth (West was gone for months before that deal).
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:57 pm    Post subject:

CervantesRises wrote:
Russell1 wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

Kawakami was speculating and noted as such. ("I would imagine...")
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:23 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:
Russell1 wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

That wasn't all directed at you. Just the witch hunt and the Pau myth (West was gone for months before that deal).

apologies then...no harm intended.

#BannersOverBillboards
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:24 am    Post subject:

fiendishoc wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:
Russell1 wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

Kawakami was speculating and noted as such. ("I would imagine...")

we're all speculating at this point...and there's little point in that since none of it will make West a Laker employee tomorrow or ever again...

#BannersOverBillboards
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:26 am    Post subject:

CervantesRises wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:
Russell1 wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

apologies then...no harm intended.

None to you either. Jim though...
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:24 am    Post subject:

CervantesRises wrote:
lakersfan8 wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:
danzag wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:
But realistically how much cache are you trying to get from an 80 year old consultant that Magic hasn't already proven he provides?

Do we really have to answer this question?

YES!

Please tell me what FA is going to sign with us because Magic AND Jerry are pitching rather than just Magic.

You do realize that Magic has been able to get every draft eligible player to work out for us including Fultz.

And you do realize that there is a BIG difference in the reverence players hold for Magic compared to Jerry?

So please do answer the question unless this is really just about how the move makes you feel.

Another aspect to see your question is what negative influence would it be if there are Magic and Jerry pitching rather than just Magic. Both of them are well-respected among the NBA players.
What you see now is you could have prevented Clippers getting an influential person on the table.
This is not just about pitching to the free agents. It is also about Magic should try to seek advice and help to ensure he makes the right decision because he is so inexperienced.
To be honest, I won't be surprised if Magic's plan is to get rid of Ryan West as well so he can put in some new blood and makes sure no one challenges him once he makes a decision.

How many businesses has Magic run to enormous profits?

Was he not mentored by Dr. Buss?

Has he not already hired Pelinka and begun assembling a very impressive scouting department, analytic department, player development staff?

This narrative that he's inexperienced is a whole lot of baloney.

Can you name one thing besides the Magic Johnson talk show that was an unmitigated failure from a business perspective?

And if I'm not mistaken he's mentioned Ryan West as a key cog to the FO on multiple occasions...so he's now a 2 faced liar?

Look...I get the reverence for Jerry...I have the same feelings. But I stop at Jerry is a make or break component. Magic clearly wants to do this his way...and surprise, surprise the compensation package the Clippers paid Jerry is insane for a consultant thanks to Ballmer's $$$$.

I know money isn't an issue...but how could you justify paying a consultant more than your GM?

He has never taken a basketball general manager job. That makes him inexperience no matter what other business he did in the past. His previous comments about young prospect such as Okafor should make you be aware of that. There are some pitfalls that you wouldn't know about until you are actually on the spot. If you think he already has all the knowledge he needs to bring Lakers back to the top again, then so be it. Otherwise, he should seek advice from the expert and the fact that he is not willing to is a dangerous sign.
This is similar to when Lavar Ball said his son doesn't need to train with Kobe. All we saw is arrogant and ignorance.
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:35 am    Post subject:

Chase.button07 wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:

So he joins the clippers

Their owner came out and directly said that the Warriors wanted Jerry West back.

What else is he suppose to say: we don't care about the old man:the logo? We good with Myers? The real architect of this team?

Come on Chuck

Yeah OK, continue to disregard anything that goes against your preconceived notions:

Quote:
"His contract is up, as you know," Lacob said, per the Mercury News' Tim Kawakami. "We have met; we have discussed the future. And it's really something that I'm sure at the end of the season we will return to and figure out what Jerry wants to do."

Lacob added that the Warriors "would love him back [beyond this season], and we've made that known."

Ok. You know anything about lip service? That's what you quoted above

I am just happy you are not insulting or calling me names this evening

If Warriors don't want him back, usually they would just keep silence. Rarely they would do the opposite. Also, Warriors don't need Jerry as much as we do. As long as they can keep their core, they can't do much wrong. Just like when we fired Jerry, does that mean he was a bad GM? No, he still is capable of helping other teams getting better,
You are willing to believe PG13 wants to come home but refuse to believe that's what Jerry wants too.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35  Next
Page 32 of 35
Jump to: