Ding: Jerry West interesed in Returning to Lakers/Jeanie said No (Joining the Clips; p. 13)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 33, 34, 35  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:14 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
nash wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
I listened to his press conference today, he is still sharp as a tack. He said Ballmer is the best owner in town.

That was unnecessary.

I feel sorry if Logo is bitter, but there is no need to throw Jeanie under the bus because she trusted Magic not him.

Ran him out of town, fired and dragged his protege through the mud, and rebuffed his return, but yeah, he's the ahole.

I dont think nash used the term ahole.
Anyway, I dont think Jerry did anything wrong.
And I may not like some of what Jeannie has done in the past, but for people to not understand why Magic and company didn't bring back Jerry is beyond me.

Oh, we understand. And that's the problem.
pmacla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:20 am    Post subject:

Jeanie has been the owner since Dr Buss died, I am a die hard Laker fan and cant stand Ballmer or the Flippers but they have been the franchise that has won more on the court since he bought them and also Jerry West has $5 mil reasons a year to say that Ballmer is the best owner. Thanks for everything you have ever done for the Lakers Jerry but I really hope you fail miserably in your new job

GO LAKERS !!
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:41 am    Post subject:

pmacla wrote:
Jeanie has been the owner since Dr Buss died, I am a die hard Laker fan and cant stand Ballmer or the Flippers but they have been the franchise that has won more on the court since he bought them and also Jerry West has $5 mil reasons a year to say that Ballmer is the best owner. Thanks for everything you have ever done for the Lakers Jerry but I really hope you fail miserably in your new job

GO LAKERS !!

the only reason that is possible is because David stern vetoed the trade that would send CP3 to the lakers.

the past 5 years the clippers have benefited from a long line of (bleep) suckers
mde24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:54 am    Post subject:

I don't think Jerry can fix that imploding Black hole that Doc created, the Best he can do is let the pieces fall off and start over. All the excitement is over in the Lakers locker room, people are talking about "Who's" coming to the Lakers, while the Clippers are sitting like a "spoiled gumbo". You know all the good stuff in it, but you ain't eating it. Throw it out Jerry, get something for the leaving players and rebuild, like the Lakers. Nobody is beating or competing with the Warriors until their run is done.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:59 am    Post subject:

pmacla wrote:

GO LAKERS !!

Pretty much changed the culture of the Clippers from being losers and co-dependents to doing things on their own.
Planning to build their own arena that is strictly for basketball. No hockey rink or anything and with his own money.
Gave them a mascot...yeah, its dumb and juvenile, but if you want to attract fans while they are young these are the things you need to do.
Also since Ballmer is filthy rich and willing to pay to win, you hear more free agents and superstars put in the word that they might consider the Clippers. This never happened during Donald T. Sterling's reign.
pmacla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:10 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
pmacla wrote:

GO LAKERS !!

Pretty much changed the culture of the Clippers from being losers and co-dependents to doing things on their own.
Planning to build their own arena that is strictly for basketball. No hockey rink or anything and with his own money.
Gave them a mascot...yeah, its dumb and juvenile, but if you want to attract fans while they are young these are the things you need to do.
Also since Ballmer is filthy rich and willing to pay to win, you hear more free agents and superstars put in the word that they might consider the Clippers. This never happened during Donald T. Sterling's reign.

that arena will never get built in Inglewood too many legal hurdles to cross, I think that was announced as a prelude in a few years to his move to Seattle
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:24 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
nash wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
I listened to his press conference today, he is still sharp as a tack. He said Ballmer is the best owner in town.
That was unnecessary.

I feel sorry if Logo is bitter, but there is no need to throw Jeanie under the bus because she trusted Magic not him.
Ran him out of town, fired and dragged his protege through the mud, and rebuffed his return, but yeah, he's the ahole.
And I may not like some of what Jeannie has done in the past, but for people to not understand why Magic and company didn't bring back Jerry is beyond me.
Press Conference:

Fox Interview:

* Doc (the GM) has the final say. While the Lakers' FO has been really strong in getting valuable assets in the later rounds of the draft and support players, Doc has a bad track record. How is West going to help with the Clips well over the CAP (hence, his input wouldn't be needed)

* West freely admits that the Warriors is the team every NBA GM will be trying to beat for the next 3-4 years. That means that CP3 will be 36-37 before there is a realistic chance for the Clips to get to The Finals (even if LeBron has retired by then).
On the other hand, the Lakers' young core will be in their mid-20s - hence the prime of their respective playing careers

* West believes in continuity, that might suggest that his recommendation would be to keep CP3 and Blake at any cost - though he recognizes that the decision is entirely up to Blake and CP3. If they keep Blake and CP3 - they will be far over the cap forcing West to help Doc the GM to find better role players
On the other hand, within the next 2-3 years they will be freed from the Deng/Mosgov contracts providing the ability to get additional FAs for a young established team with players in their prime.

* Ballmer is a passionate owner with LOTS OF MONEY, that makes him another version of Mark Cuban who has been unable to bring quality FAs to join his team - despite his best intentions and providing excellent facilities (like what Ballmer is trying to do and the Lakers have already done)
On the other hand - Jeanie (for good or for bad) is entirely focused on winning rings, has personally experienced what it takes to win rings and has known/seen/been part of teams that won multiple rings.

* Jerry has one son with the Dubs' FO and another son with the Lakers, he says that he welcomes the trashing talking that will occur at the dining table during the holidays on which teams are doing the best. Gives the impression that he will not try to influence either son to join him with the Clippers.

The greater challenge is indeed the Clips

The best future is with the Lakers
kentu_tiro
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:30 pm    Post subject:

F Jerry West. He's the enemy now. I don't give an f on what he does.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:16 pm    Post subject:

HOW I MISS YOU JERRY, HOW I MISS YOU
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:22 pm    Post subject:

It's official, we don't need to give Magic any more benefit of the doubt. He's a moron. Drag DLo's name through the mud so you can get 1/8 value for him. Outstanding.
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:49 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
It's official, we don't need to give Magic any more benefit of the doubt. He's a moron. Drag DLo's name through the mud so you can get 1/8 value for him. Outstanding.
What value do you think DLo should have brought, considering his inconsistencies as a PG, considering that we unloaded Mosgov's salary in the same transaction plus got a first round draft choice
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:17 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:

if kuzma works out to be a very good player than I think you might be eating a little crow here
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:20 am    Post subject:

999 wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

if kuzma works out to be a very good player than I think you might be eating a little crow here

Why? We didn't need to trade DLO to draft Kuzma.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:29 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
999 wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

But at the end of the day, Kuzma did come in that trade.

Sometimes to things happen without intent and that's okay.

That trade can't be judged until August 2018.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:02 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
999 wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

But at the end of the day, Kuzma did come in that trade.

Sometimes to things happen without intent and that's okay.

That trade can't be judged until August 2018.

The trade was specifically for the 27th pick. That pick was Kuzma. If we waited for the 28th pick, we would have missed out on Hart & Bryant.

If Kuzma has the same counting stats as DLO (points, rebounds, assists), the trade is already a win. That's not including all the other stuff. 2018 Capspace (who ever we get in FA), Kuzma's defense and ability to stretch the floor, making Randle expendable, fast breaks and chemistry with Lonzo.
kevin61
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:57 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
nash wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

That was unnecessary.

Wow, you're usually a man of such temperate and thoughtful opinions. I think the shunning of West was his only black mark thus far, but sometimes you have to take the good with the bad.
As far as badmouthing DLO, I'm cool with that, didn't really care for him. Glad we got Kuzma, Lopez and a huge salary dump. As it turns out it was a spectacularly insightful move.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:06 pm    Post subject:

kevin61 wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
nash wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

That was unnecessary.

Wow, you're usually a man of such temperate and thoughtful opinions. I think the shunning of West was his only black mark thus far, but sometimes you have to take the good with the bad.
As far as badmouthing DLO, I'm cool with that, didn't really care for him. Glad we got Kuzma, Lopez and a huge salary dump. As it turns out it was a spectacularly insightful move.

It's only insightful if it actually pays off next summer. And regardless of how you feel about D'Lo, bad mouthing him and driving down his value was a dumbass move.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:07 pm    Post subject:

kevin61 wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
nash wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

That was unnecessary.

I wasn't talking about DLo. I was talking about how they made a production out of dragging Mitch through the mud, very unnecessarily. And I was talking in context of people feeling West did something wrong by saying Ballmer (who he works for despite asking to work for the Lakers) is the best owner in town.
kevin61
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:47 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
kevin61 wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
nash wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

That was unnecessary.

I wasn't talking about DLo. I was talking about how they made a production out of dragging Mitch through the mud, very unnecessarily. And I was talking in context of people feeling West did something wrong by saying Ballmer (who he works for despite asking to work for the Lakers) is the best owner in town.

Unless you have some inside information you'd like to share, he didn't fire Mitch, Jeanie did. Who was his protege ? If you're referring to Mitch, that description wouldn't apply. Mitch was the previous incumbent in a position that Magic subsequently filled. I think it's also telling that Jerry West, known for his loyalty, was interested in taking a position in the organization, despite what you characterize as the mistreatment of his close friend, Mitch.
Perhaps the ferocity of your feelings might have more to do with the severing of ties to a player who's name shall not be spoken, rather than these imagined slights.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:52 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
epak wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
nash wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

That was unnecessary.

It's weird that Ryan West is still head of player personnel despite the bad blood.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:55 pm    Post subject:

kevin61 wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
kevin61 wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
nash wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

That was unnecessary.

Unless you have some inside information you'd like to share, he didn't fire Mitch, Jeanie did. Who was his protege ? If you're referring to Mitch, that description wouldn't apply. Mitch was the previous incumbent in a position that Magic subsequently filled. I think it's also telling that Jerry West, known for his loyalty, was interested in taking a position in the organization, despite what you characterize as the mistreatment of his close friend, Mitch.
Perhaps the ferocity of your feelings might have more to do with the severing of ties to a player who's name shall not be spoken, rather than these imagined slights.

I'm not sure I follow you, or maybe that you follow what I'm responding to. West was hired by Clippers after being snubbed by Jeanie, who also dragged West's protege Mitch (and West was rebuffed before they fired and took Mitch apart in the press BTW) through the mud very unnecessarily. So when West called Ballmer the best owner in LA, and a poster took issue with him doing that, I merely pointed out that he's not the jerk here.

Not sure I'm being ferocious for pointing out that West has every reason to say that Ballmer is the best, including that he works for him, and including some bad history with the current owner. Seems the ferocity is more yours...
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:56 pm    Post subject:

BTW, the "you are just hurt about DLo, so argument X isn't really about X" stuff isn't going to fly here, and that doesn't imply an exception when talking to me either...
kevin61
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:40 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
kevin61 wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
kevin61 wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
nash wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

That was unnecessary.

I'm not sure I follow you, or maybe that you follow what I'm responding to. West was hired by Clippers after being snubbed by Jeanie, who also dragged West's protege Mitch (and West was rebuffed before they fired and took Mitch apart in the press BTW) through the mud very unnecessarily. So when West called Ballmer the best owner in LA, and a poster took issue with him doing that, I merely pointed out that he's not the jerk here.

Not sure I'm being ferocious for pointing out that West has every reason to say that Ballmer is the best, including that he works for him, and including some bad history with the current owner. Seems the ferocity is more yours...

I wasn't the one who wrote "It's official, we don't need to give Magic any more benefit of the doubt. He's a moron. Drag DLo's name through the mud so you can get 1/8 value for him. Outstanding.", its not my style.

The assertion that we only got 1/8 value for DLO because of Magic's comments seems a bit overwrought. And therefore, I believe, a perfectly legitimate predicate for positing that other motives might be present.
I can only hope that I'm not subject to banishment for such comments.
By the way, I hope in the future this transaction will be referred to as the Kusma trade.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:43 pm    Post subject:

kevin61 wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
kevin61 wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
kevin61 wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
nash wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

That was unnecessary.

I wasn't the one who wrote "It's official, we don't need to give Magic any more benefit of the doubt. He's a moron. Drag DLo's name through the mud so you can get 1/8 value for him. Outstanding.", its not my style.

The assertion that we only got 1/8 value for DLO because of Magic's comments seems a bit overwrought. And therefore, I believe, a perfectly legitimate predicate for positing that other motives might be present.
I can only hope that I'm not subject to banishment for such comments.
By the way, I hope in the future this transaction will be referred to as the Kusma trade.

You're not banned, just pointing out it's not cool to use DLo, or even my feelings about Magic, to continue to completely misrepresent the post of mine, which was, again, merely that West isn't being out of bounds when he calls his boss the best owner in LA. It was actually more about Jeanie BTW. If Jeanie wanted West here, he'd be here.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:37 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
epak wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
nash wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

That was unnecessary.

It's weird that Ryan West is still head of player personnel despite the bad blood.

Not really, there is no bad blood with Ryan.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 33, 34, 35  Next
Page 34 of 35
Jump to: