Imo the Warriors are a pretty classless bunch
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:40 pm    Post subject:

Three basic reasons why I can't stand Golden State anymore:

Draymond is a jerk, and an ignorant one at that, which annoys me. And, despite the fact he's obviously an outstanding player, this Grayson Allen kicking stuff and the goon-like things he does just bother me. Look, Laker players have done goon-like things before. But I don't remember a Laker player with a repeated pattern of going goon like Draymond seems to.

KD is a jerk also. I think he was fooling everyone with the nice guy act for a long time. He changed his public persona last year and the jerk came out of him. My personal opinion is that he was always a jerk, but put up a front for the public. ("You're the real MVP" couldn't have been more corny if he tried.) I know people who have told me that he's super aloof and a jerk in person, even at basketball camps, where he has no interest in engaging with the kids or anything like that. Like he's just there to fulfill an obligation, show his face, and get out of there. You take a guy like Phil Mickelson, who seems like he's cultivated this public image of being such a nice guy, and some people think it's not authentic...well, I can tell you that Phil walks the walk with it. He looks every kid and fan in the eye, all the while smiling, while signing autographs for everyone. This is at virtually every PGA Tour stop, he does this. And has done it for 20 years. Does it make sense to anyone that KD would be such a great guy but blow everyone off when it comes to that type of stuff? It makes more sense to me that the nice guy act was just that, an act. Kind of like how guys like Oscar de la Hoya and Tiger Woods had people fooled for a while. But I digress.

It feels like KD took the easy way out signing with them, and so it's easy to root against that. Just like when the Heat formed with LeBron and Bosh joining Wade. Particularly when they were coming off a 73-win season.
Tony Anapolis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:13 am    Post subject:

What the heck is Draymond yapping about now? Basically dissing a certain Laker guard "not named" saying that this person wanted nothing to do with the squirmish against the Bucks.

First off the only guard on the floor besides Young was Russell...

Why does this dude feel the need to inject himself in Laker business? What a bum of a personality, no class what so ever.
krisobe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:51 am    Post subject:

We will smoke these clowns in 5 seasons.
bum2
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:06 pm    Post subject:

Dominant team becomes unlikable to non fans of dominant team. Nothing new here.
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:32 pm    Post subject:

bum2 wrote:
Gatekeeper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:20 pm    Post subject:

Tony Anapolis wrote:
What the heck is Draymond yapping about now? Basically dissing a certain Laker guard "not named" saying that this person wanted nothing to do with the squirmish against the Bucks.

First off the only guard on the floor besides Young was Russell...

Why does this dude feel the need to inject himself in Laker business? What a bum of a personality, no class what so ever.

Pressing Luke's buttons?
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:23 pm    Post subject:

Just another reason why I dislike the Warriors now...

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/18956233/golden-state-warriors-not-happy-oklahoma-city-thunder-handling-kevin-durant-return?sf64335564=1

As if the Warriors are entitled to anything from OKC.
Fan0Bynum17
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:43 pm    Post subject:

Jeez, he ditches them to go to one of the best teams in history (to have it easy,) and now he expects the team he ditched to make the natural consequence of his action easy on him as well. What a pampered little (bleep), he can't even live with the basic consequences of his decision. He just wants to have everything, and have it be free of cost. He made his choice, he needs to live with what comes with it. All he's doing is proving the chants against him true, that he needs others to shield him from pressure and judgment, that he's soft.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:13 am    Post subject:

krisobe wrote:
We will smoke these clowns in 5 seasons.

Um, cool, can't wait.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:34 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/18956233/golden-state-warriors-not-happy-oklahoma-city-thunder-handling-kevin-durant-return?sf64335564=1

I thought the Thunder fans and the organization acted pretty terrible but it's par for the fan course these days. Boo the guy who made your franchise what it is.
RestEasyBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:21 am    Post subject:

Couldn't be any worse than how Cleveland treated Lebron when he skipped to Miami. Let it go.

That's like breaking up with a chick and your new chick telling her to be nice to you.
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:44 am    Post subject:

bum2 wrote:

Let's see the Warriors win consecutive championships before we call them dominant.
Tony Anapolis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:49 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

I thought the Thunder fans and the organization acted pretty terrible but it's par for the fan course these days. Boo the guy who made your franchise what it is.

LOL, seriously? It's sports, if Kobe left Lakers for the Clippers or worse the Pistons or Celtics you would be cool with that?

I remember the Christmas day game when the Cavs completely smoked us and Laker fans acted kind of crazy.
Tony Anapolis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:50 am    Post subject:

bum2 wrote:

Nothing wrong with that. But let's let them win 3-5 championships before we start calling them dominant.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:55 am    Post subject:

Tony Anapolis wrote:
ocho wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

LOL, seriously? It's sports, if Kobe left Lakers for the Clippers or worse the Pistons or Celtics you would be cool with that?

I remember the Christmas day game when the Cavs completely smoked us and Laker fans acted kind of crazy.

I think you can acknowledge a player's importance to your franchise and then root against them if they leave. Durant put OKC on the NBA map, took them to the Finals, made them perennial contenders. He was very active in charitable acts in the community. I think for the fans to hold up cupcake signs and the organization to be silent probably only confirmed to Durant that he made the right decision. It is possible to be gracious and a fan at the same time.

For a little perspective, Philadelphia ran a tribute to Nerlens Noel when he returned as a member of the Mavericks the other day.
Tony Anapolis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:22 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Tony Anapolis wrote:
ocho wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

I think you can acknowledge a player's importance to your franchise and then root against them if they leave. Durant put OKC on the NBA map, took them to the Finals, made them perennial contenders. He was very active in charitable acts in the community. I think for the fans to hold up cupcake signs and the organization to be silent probably only confirmed to Durant that he made the right decision. It is possible to be gracious and a fan at the same time.

For a little perspective, Philadelphia ran a tribute to Nerlens Noel when he returned as a member of the Mavericks the other day.

I'm sure if t he Warriors go to the finals and Durant leaves next summer (which I understand probably won't happen) the Warrior fans will be ladies and gentlemen. Durant is a cupcake for his decision as was LBJ. At least Lebron reconciled himself. I doubt Durant does.
the association
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:22 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Tony Anapolis wrote:
ocho wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

Some more perspective ...

1. Noel was involuntarily traded away by the Sixers. Durant voluntarily left via free agency.

2. Noel never publicly criticized others for getting traded away to a new team. Durant overtly criticized others for leaving to join a contender via free agency.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/kevin-durant-says-2010-tweet-about-lebron-james-was-a-reaction-to-fake-news/

3. Noel was never part of a competitive team in Philadelphia. Durant was part of one NBA Finals team and several Western Conference Finals teams.

I'm fine with what OKC did or didn't do for Kevin Durant after he chose to leave when he signed with Golden State in free agency. He didn't owe that franchise, its fans or that city anything. BUT that works both ways - neither do they owe him anything ...
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:38 am    Post subject:

Quote:
BUT that works both ways - neither do they owe him anything ...

I don't know that they owed him anything, but how they conducted themselves tells me something about their character.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:40 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Durant is a cupcake for his decision as was LBJ.

Ok tough guy.
Tony Anapolis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:44 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Quote:

Ok tough guy.

I guess the majority of city is wrong
and you right.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:52 am    Post subject:

Tony Anapolis wrote:
ocho wrote:
Quote:

Ok tough guy.

and you right.

Precisely!

Again their behavior is a reflection on them, not Kevin Durant. He did a lot for that city. A whole lot more than they ever did for him (how are they liking life without him?) I think after all those years a small token of acknowledgement before getting back to rooting against him was the least they could do. And they couldn't do that.
Tony Anapolis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:52 am    Post subject:

LBJ was not even as bad as well. The Cavs at the time really just lacked talent. LBJ had to do everything.

At least Durant had another go too to play with. Heck it was literally all his fault they lost to the Warriors last year.

Alot of people blamed Kobe for the loss to the Pistons, and he reconciled himself, he didn't jump ship.
the association
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:01 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Quote:
BUT that works both ways - neither do they owe him anything ...

I don't know that they owed him anything, but how they conducted themselves tells me something about their character.

???

The OKC franchise didn't roll out the red carpet for Durant, didn't coordinate a media blitz to ensure "Bygones! No worries! Thank you! We love you, KD!" was the narrative of the day, didn't confiscate cupcake signs from fans, and didn't bend over backwards to ensure that Durant would enjoy a comfortable return to play before a fanbase that he voluntarily left eight months earlier (after he failed in the postseason to vanquish the team he was leaving to join) ...

FFS, this guy is a cupcake if he's behind any of this drama! If what LBJ faced after leaving Cleveland was set at 100 on a 0 - 100 scale, this is a 5 or 6 on a relative basis ...
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:04 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Tony Anapolis wrote:
ocho wrote:
Quote:

Ok tough guy.

and you right.

Precisely!

Again their behavior is a reflection on them, not Kevin Durant. He did a lot for that city. A whole lot more than they ever did for him (how are they liking life without him?) I think after all those years a small token of acknowledgement before getting back to rooting against him was the least they could do. And they couldn't do that.

yep.. they wanna talk about the warriors being classless?

How about the OKC fans that showed up last night dressed as cupcakes with crutches?

Yep, it's a reflection on them as fans, but they've always acted a classless bunch, like a rowdy NCAA crowd. Making fun of the guy's injury while dressed as a cupcake? Classy. Glad they got smacked by 20 again.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:11 am    Post subject:

Quote:
FFS, this guy is a cupcake if he's behind any of this drama! If what LBJ faced after leaving Cleveland was set at 100 on a 0 - 100 scale, this is a 5 or 6 on a relative basis ...

He's not behind it. He hasn't complained about it at all as far as I know. There was a report (that has been refuted by Kerr) that his Warriors teammates were upset by it. I doubt KD is losing sleep over this.

As far as LeBron, I see the situations a little bit differently. The Decision special was a real slap in the face to Cavs fans. They certainly overreacted, but LeBron sort of asked for it on his first trip back. Durant didn't rub it in anyone's faces or have a TV special. They were incredibly lucky to have him for the time they did. I think they'll regret the way they handled it.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: