who is our #1 prospect
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

who is our #1 prospect
Zubac
18%
 18%  [ 27 ]
Russell
38%
 38%  [ 55 ]
Ingram
41%
 41%  [ 60 ]
Randle
1%
 1%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 144

troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:03 am    Post subject:

It depends.

Ingram probably has the best chance at being an all-star caliber player, simply because he has the best raw talent of the group.

Zubac will probably develop the fastest. He's not that far from being an impact player, but he will require good players around him.

Dlo will probably get better, but not by much. He has the potential to be good (read serviceable), but not great.

Randle is the biggest question mark. If Magic gets the right person to work with him, will be the most solid improvement and versatile Laker. If not, he can end up a bust.
oldschool32
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:43 am    Post subject:

1a. Ingram - has shown that he can score from all 3 levels, can initiate the offense, above average passer, high bball iq, finishes left and right, most likely will be our best all around defender
1b. Russell - good outside shooter, high bball iq, can score from 2 levels, good passer, can play both guard spots. Has trouble getting to the rim, and needs to develop a right hand.
3. Zubac - Good rim defender, good post scorer, will be a good shooter from mid to 3pt (?) Range, can finish with both hands. Will struggle to cover pick n roll.
4. Randle - solid rebounder, good passer, can handle the ball, mobile enough to cover guards on switches, can't finish right, can't shoot, low bball iq, zero rim protection.
5. Nance - athletic, will be a good defender, good bball iq, developing shooter, not a great ball handler, finishes strong at the rim
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:56 am    Post subject:

nash wrote:
Hey guys, Julius Randle is a LG user!

well, it can be his mom

It's Anpherknee's vote! lol...

Last edited by AFireInside619 on Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:09 am; edited 1 time in total
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:08 am    Post subject:

Ingram in my opinion has the highest upside. Could be a devistating two way player if his full potential is reached.

Russell is definitely the question mark out of the group. I can see us moving on from him if we draft a point guard too 3, but careful with that.... The Mavs let Steve Nash walk and we saw what he turned into when given the right opportunity.

Zu has future best center in the league written all over him. I know there's Embiid, but he has a history of injuries so right now my money is on Zu. He has game on offense and defense, but he needs to fill in the gaps but that'll come with time.

Randle can be a solid player. Maybe a fringe All-Star for a few years, but I don't ever see him being an elite player. But he can definitely become an All-Star, and really... what more could we ask than that?

Nance & Clarkson are closer to who they are because of their age, but they still can make strides and improvements. I like both players but I wish Nance would be more like Clarkson sometimes and Clarkson be more like Nance sometimes. But I like them both a lot.
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:24 am    Post subject:

Sad that a 2nd rounder has the same or close to same potential as two #2 picks.
NBALakerLegends
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:26 am    Post subject:

1. Russell
2. Zubac
3. Ingram

4. Nance (low usage/high impact)
5. Clarkson/Randle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:31 am    Post subject:

It's nice to see Zubac getting alot of respect in this poll. What he is doing out there at age 19 is impressive. I think with the right team and situation he can be an all star caliber player. He has the whole package. I think he will eventually extend his shooting range to the 3 point line.
dao
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:48 am    Post subject:

oldschool32 wrote:
1a. Ingram - has shown that he can score from all 3 levels, can initiate the offense, above average passer, high bball iq, finishes left and right, most likely will be our best all around defender
1b. Russell - good outside shooter, high bball iq, can score from 2 levels, good passer, can play both guard spots. Has trouble getting to the rim, and needs to develop a right hand.
3. Zubac - Good rim defender, good post scorer, will be a good shooter from mid to 3pt (?) Range, can finish with both hands. Will struggle to cover pick n roll.
4. Randle - solid rebounder, good passer, can handle the ball, mobile enough to cover guards on switches, can't finish right, can't shoot, low bball iq, zero rim protection.
5. Nance - athletic, will be a good defender, good bball iq, developing shooter, not a great ball handler, finishes strong at the rim

I think his rim protection almost makes that acceptable. He can still be a plus defender imo despite not being a mobile, modern 5 on defense. But offensively, I think he's the real deal, and will be a handful for these small mobile 5's to defend. When he catches the ball deep, there aren't many centers in the league that can (bleep) with him, especially as he gets stronger. He is a natural scorer around the rim.
dao
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:52 am    Post subject:

IceInMyVeins wrote:
Nah I disagree. I voted Zubac. I still think both Russell and Ingram can be All Stars. I'm worried about Russell simply because magic johnson is a wild card and might ship him out if he doesn't show more fight coming off the bench.

Zubac's per 36 numbers for a raw 19 year old center are very, very good since he's entered the rotation. Him getting votes isn't a slight against the high draft picks. He's just been extremely impressive.
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:58 am    Post subject:

D'Angelo has done more than all four while dealing with more coaching BS.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:11 am    Post subject:

The 2017 first round pick.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:15 am    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:22 am    Post subject:

IceInMyVeins wrote:

Or it's really good? I think it says more about Zub than it does about DLO and BI...

Jokic, who will be a top 10 player in the league within 2 years, was the 41st overall pick IIRC. Does that say more about him or Wiggins/Parker?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:23 am    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:

In 2014: 2015 1st
In 2015: 2016 1st
In 2016: 2017 1st.

AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:23 am    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
angrypuppy wrote:

I'd be quite impressed if they found a player better than DLO/BI/Zubac at #27 overall
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:25 am    Post subject:

fiendishoc wrote:

Zubac's physical advantages and limitations for his position are the same as DLO's.

I like to compare him to Okafor in that regard. The effort most games is comparable too, we can find small clips from both to prove it. You don't see a lot of centers outrunning Zu in transition while Dlo couldn't beat Jokic with his speed in another game the same against Vince Carter.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:34 am    Post subject:

AY2043 wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
angrypuppy wrote:

I'd be quite impressed if they found a player better than DLO/BI/Zubac at #27 overall

Well, Zubac...
dao
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:29 am    Post subject:

Don Draper wrote:
true, but athletically he is the least impressive of the three top prospects. Unless his jumper can go from streaky to elite, I think that limits his upside compared to the other two. I'd say he has the highest floor though.

If Ingram learns to shoot he will surpass Russell due to superior physical tools in my opinion.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:37 am    Post subject:

1. - DLo
2. - Ingram
3. - Zubac
4. - Clarkson
5. - Randle
6. - Nance
7. - Black
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:01 pm    Post subject:

dao wrote:
Don Draper wrote:
true, but athletically he is the least impressive of the three top prospects. Unless his jumper can go from streaky to elite, I think that limits his upside compared to the other two. I'd say he has the highest floor though.

If Ingram learns to shoot he will surpass Russell due to superior physical tools in my opinion.

His jumper isn't really streaky. It's great in catch & shoot/spot-up situations and atrocious off the dribble, which is probably one reason why he's been moved off the ball.
kinkle
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:43 pm    Post subject:

Ingram based solely on who he can become.. D'angeslow is a good player, but he is who he is, he doesn't have the athleticism to suddenly be Westbrook next season. Randle is just too small. Zubac also I guess is similar to Ingram.

All of that said, I don't see anybody being an allstar in the next 5 years, so they are all expendable...
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:03 pm    Post subject:

1.Dlo
2.Zubat
3.Randle.
4.Ingram

Dlo has potential to be a big cog the keeps the machine moving. Zubat and Randle are interchangeable. Zubat gets the nod only because he can shoot. If Randle could shoot he's a definate #2.

Ingram is a blank slate at this point.

!...
Scoffs
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:45 pm    Post subject:

1. Zubac: his floor is M. Gasol and his ceiling is P. Gasol
2. Ingram: his floor is Tayshaun Prince and his ceiling is Scottie Pippen
3. Russell: his floor is current Carmelo and his ceiling is Harden
DShotMaker1824
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:41 pm    Post subject:

1. Ingram
2. Zubac
3. Randle
4. Russell

If I was the Lakers I'd swing for a superstar wing and draft a PG. Have Ingram play the shooting guard.

"Through the legs to the left, through the legs to the right, we don't run them Laker plays, we just Kobe fadeaway..."
fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:04 pm    Post subject:

Breaking a 45/45 tie with this thought. Russell is currently the better value, but Ingram is the better prospect. I've got a crappy jumper, but we know when something feels good (muscle memory). This kid has been through a rough transition of trying to gain weight before season and catching up to the speed of the game while logging more minutes and working hard on both ends. Seems like it's of coarse a mental but maybe even a physical as in getting adjusted, and his Dukie jumper will return somewhat. If this kid's shooting comes around, he's untouchable. Id rather bank on him than DLO, as much as I'm a DLO fan.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: