What happened to Harden last night?

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What was wrong with Harden last night
He quit
55%
 55%  [ 11 ]
He was tired
10%
 10%  [ 2 ]
He was angry, mad at Mike or some teammates
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
He was overwhelmed
15%
 15%  [ 3 ]
He was sending a message to managment he needs help
10%
 10%  [ 2 ]
Other
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 20

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 2:28 pm    Post subject: What happened to Harden last night?

Watching the game with my peoples (yeah peoples) I said, "It looks like Harden's ready to go fishing." From the opening whistle to the last he didn't show any effort.

I don't know what happened. Was he ill, did D'Antoni or a teammate piss him off? Was he tired? In my opinion Mike overused him. Is he tired of Houston?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 3:30 pm    Post subject:

Ginobli happened....
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 3:53 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Ginobli happened....

Yeah!! My nephew, a Spurs fan, a ESPN assistant producer, said Ginobli was to old. I told him Manu would show up.

I told him Pop was going to find a way to get by Houston but would be going LINK after the conference finals. I don't think there[s much of a chance for them against the Dubs.

It's going to be interesting quest for the Larry O'Brien. If Cleveland wins again LeBron will definitely be in the conversation for GOAT.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
kobeandgary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 2:30 am    Post subject:

Harden tends to crash and burn in the playoffs, not really surprised to see it happen again. Basing your game around drawing fouls at the three point line is cute and all, but it's only going to take you so far.
AshesToAshes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 5:04 am    Post subject:

Problem with the league today.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 6:24 am    Post subject:

I think it was a hangover from a single, rich, professional athlete, who got an early start on his single, rich, professional lifestyle.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 6:31 am    Post subject:

If it's good enough for Kobe it's good enough for harden
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 8:41 am    Post subject:

Rockets are a young team. Most young teams don't cope well with close defeats in the playoffs. They can be mentally defeated. I think game 5 was a good example of this. Once the pressure was on them to win in game 6 they folded.
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 2:28 pm    Post subject:

kobeandgary wrote:
Harden tends to crash and burn in the playoffs, not really surprised to see it happen again. Basing your game around drawing fouls at the three point line is cute and all, but it's only going to take you so far.

Expected the calls to dry up for Haren in the playoffs again and he disappeared like clockwork.
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 2:41 pm    Post subject:

K2 wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:

Expected the calls to dry up for Haren in the playoffs again and he disappeared like clockwork.

yup, this has always been his problem. all the time. because he is constantly after gimmicks instead of just trying to win, when the calls go away or it's just different cuz it's the playoffs, he starts playing like an idiot. he has done this many times. when dwight was here, there was a game that went ot i think, and the refs stopped giving him calls, and harden just kept driving it in and turning it over like a moron. repeatedly. he has all this talent, but this is what he does.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 2:45 pm    Post subject:

the beard is adding too much weight. he should shave it
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 4:24 pm    Post subject:

Looked hungover tbh.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 5:31 pm    Post subject:

He was limping at a point in game 5, worse than Kawhi. But Idk if it was just for a play off of a bumped knee - I wasn't paying attention.
Pretty sure he wasn't close to 100%, has to be - otherwise inexplicable performance.
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 2:24 pm    Post subject:

Harden choked, he's not a prime time player

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

Bench: Caruso, Hart, Bullock, Kuzma, McGee etc
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 3:04 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
He was limping at a point in game 5, worse than Kawhi. But Idk if it was just for a play off of a bumped knee - I wasn't paying attention.
Pretty sure he wasn't close to 100%, has to be - otherwise inexplicable performance.

It's hard to be 100% when the refs start calling it fair and don't give him rewards for his flops.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 5:00 pm    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

It's hard to be 100% when the refs start calling it fair and don't give him rewards for his flops.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/james-harden-gets-fouled-on-3s-more-than-any-nba-team/

http://www.nbaminer.com/four-point-plays-and-one/

Dude drew more 3 point fouls than EVERY TEAM IN THE LEAGUE! On the other hand, he's not even in the top 50 in finishes with an And 1. What's the connection? He plays for the foul. There is a HUGE ripple effect to how defenders have to lay off him practically backpedaling to avoid contact. Plays like a ho. What's worse is his pet move has him underhooking the defender's arm and flailing and getting the call. It is NOT a foul.

"
Knicks coach Jeff Hornacek vented about this after a loss in Houston, saying it’s impossible to defend Harden given his ability to trick officials. “He grabs with his left arm, has the ball in the right hand and wraps his left arm with your hand,” said Hornacek, whose team fouled Harden from 3-point range four times4 that night while Harden racked up a 53 points, 16 rebounds and 17 assists. “To me, that’s an offensive foul. But he does it fast, quick — it’s hard to see.”"

Even Rockets fans on Reddit and Clutchfans are getting fed up with these shenanigans.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 6:36 pm    Post subject:

Harden's gonna need to shave the beard, ditch the gimmick, and stop playing for the foul if he wants to take his game to the next level. I don't see it happening though.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 6:37 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
rwongega wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/james-harden-gets-fouled-on-3s-more-than-any-nba-team/

http://www.nbaminer.com/four-point-plays-and-one/

Dude drew more 3 point fouls than EVERY TEAM IN THE LEAGUE! On the other hand, he's not even in the top 50 in finishes with an And 1. What's the connection? He plays for the foul. There is a HUGE ripple effect to how defenders have to lay off him practically backpedaling to avoid contact. Plays like a ho. What's worse is his pet move has him underhooking the defender's arm and flailing and getting the call. It is NOT a foul.

"
Knicks coach Jeff Hornacek vented about this after a loss in Houston, saying it’s impossible to defend Harden given his ability to trick officials. “He grabs with his left arm, has the ball in the right hand and wraps his left arm with your hand,” said Hornacek, whose team fouled Harden from 3-point range four times4 that night while Harden racked up a 53 points, 16 rebounds and 17 assists. “To me, that’s an offensive foul. But he does it fast, quick — it’s hard to see.”"

Even Rockets fans on Reddit and Clutchfans are getting fed up with these shenanigans.

Yep. His game is predicated more on acting than basketball. It's shameful and that this is allowed and so effective is a disgrace.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
krisobe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 6:42 pm    Post subject:

Hangover + Refs didn't save him + He isn't a pure shooter and not the most athletic + Good team defensive scheme from Pop n Spurs.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: