****CLEVELAND CAVALIERS VS LOS ANGELES LAKERS, 3/19/17, 6:30 pm ****
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 32, 33, 34  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
fontana3d
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 22 Mar 2013
Posts: 3142

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:58 pm    Post subject:

Also they really want the pride of Chino Hills on their team next year.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 22 Nov 2004
Posts: 25436

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:58 pm    Post subject:

nickuku wrote:
Drifts wrote:
nickuku wrote:
Drifts wrote:
Laker_Town wrote:
Clarkson doesn't like passing does he


if you think about it really well, Lakers need scoring... Clarkson is the quickest.


Have you watched him play this year?


are you serious? Clarkson got 2 quick buckets, layups at that and you are whining like babies... geez. get real. lol


Clarkson has been inefficient this year and even more harm his tunnelvision style of basketball is detrimental to the team. 2 baskets in garbage time doesn't negate what has happened over the season.


lol... if you want to talk inefficient, you might want to check the FG% of all the starters... you obviously don't know what you are talking about.

do you even know what garbage time is? Lakers were just down 5 with around 1 minute to go. go learn basketball first.
_________________
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 20 Nov 2012
Posts: 13586

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:58 pm    Post subject:

I know Luke likes the smallball center thing from Golden State, but Randle is completely useless as a smallball center. I think Zubac or even Mozgov would do a better job guarding small guys on switches.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
adkindo
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 16 Jun 2005
Posts: 15798
Location: Dirty South

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:58 pm    Post subject:

eddiejonze wrote:
refs were garbage tho, so sick of the league just handing lebronze calls.
Now I know how kobe's opponents felt


yeah, I hope one day the NBA realizes most fans just want it called cleanly for both sides....end the superstar calls across the board
_________________
"Lonzo Ball is the headline, Kyle Kuzma is the STORY!" Jalen Rose
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 24 Oct 2001
Posts: 38735

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:59 pm    Post subject:

fontana3d wrote:
Also they really want the pride of Chino Hills on their team next year.


So do I, the kid is sensational and might be the Lakers savior and I am serious.
_________________
Love, Laker Lanny
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Yong
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 08 Oct 2009
Posts: 8803

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:59 pm    Post subject:

I'm so sick of Randle being our C during crunch time

It just doesn't work.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
adkindo
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 16 Jun 2005
Posts: 15798
Location: Dirty South

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:59 pm    Post subject:

fontana3d wrote:
Also they really want the pride of Chino Hills on their team next year.


I worry for some of you guys if we have the #1 or #2 pick, and pass on him....going to be like a funeral
_________________
"Lonzo Ball is the headline, Kyle Kuzma is the STORY!" Jalen Rose
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 20 Nov 2012
Posts: 13586

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:00 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
refs were garbage tho, so sick of the league just handing lebronze calls.
Now I know how kobe's opponents felt


yeah, I hope one day the NBA realizes most fans just want it called cleanly for both sides....end the superstar calls across the board


Most fans just want their team to get all of the obvious calls as well as all of the close calls.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 09 Jul 2010
Posts: 4652
Location: Orange County

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:00 pm    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:
nickuku wrote:
Drifts wrote:
nickuku wrote:
Drifts wrote:
Laker_Town wrote:
Clarkson doesn't like passing does he


if you think about it really well, Lakers need scoring... Clarkson is the quickest.


Have you watched him play this year?


are you serious? Clarkson got 2 quick buckets, layups at that and you are whining like babies... geez. get real. lol


Clarkson has been inefficient this year and even more harm his tunnelvision style of basketball is detrimental to the team. 2 baskets in garbage time doesn't negate what has happened over the season.


lol... if you want to talk inefficient, you might want to check the FG% of all the starters... you obviously don't know what you are talking about.

do you even know what garbage time is? Lakers were just down 5 with around 1 minute to go. go learn basketball first.


Right because FG% is a teller of all things.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 26 Dec 2012
Posts: 27568

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:00 pm    Post subject:

nickuku wrote:
Refs were fair this game. We lost because we couldn't defend anything and went to isolation mode on offense.


That's been our problem all season long.
_________________
www.trendydeckpost.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LakerSD
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 10 Nov 2016
Posts: 2988

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:00 pm    Post subject:

This was a great game. Kids showed progress and held serve on tank position.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 26 Dec 2012
Posts: 27568

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:01 pm    Post subject:

Moral victory
_________________
www.trendydeckpost.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 09 Jul 2010
Posts: 4652
Location: Orange County

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:01 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
nickuku wrote:
Refs were fair this game. We lost because we couldn't defend anything and went to isolation mode on offense.


That's been our problem all season long.


Thats true but it was magnified this game. Randle was torched this game by everyone in a Cavs jersey.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
fontana3d
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 22 Mar 2013
Posts: 3142

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:01 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
fontana3d wrote:
Also they really want the pride of Chino Hills on their team next year.


So do I, the kid is sensational and might be the Lakers savior and I am serious.


The Local Kid Lornzo Ball can be a hero for the Lakers as long as success doesn't go to his head, and that also goes to his dad too.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
deal
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 17 Aug 2008
Posts: 9742
Location: Earth

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:01 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Luke sucks.

First time I've said this all year. Hurts to say it. My hopes were so high for him.

Nice guy. Garbage coach. Sigh.



IF he was actually trying to win, you may have a point. But you've actually missed the real point here...
_________________
The move
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Gatekeeper
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 11 Jan 2012
Posts: 4549
Location: Southland Native

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:01 pm    Post subject:

Gatekeeper wrote:
30+ point loss... book it!


Hey I was wrong but still a good night for the younglings have shown some promise...
_________________
Manchester United Unmissable US Summer Tour 2017
Romelu Lukaku - Welcome to United!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 17 Sep 2008
Posts: 15215
Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:02 pm    Post subject:

zePokar wrote:
TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
Sorry Luke, but Randle's not a center. Zu, however, is.


Can't switch with Zu in and he doesn't step up on hedges.


I hear what you're saying, but we didn't lose this game on Zu's watch. Randle wasn't just getting owned to close the game, it was tantric ownage. Layups and dunks are pretty high percentage. You may be right but I wish Luke would have given Zu a chance to protect the rim and make them work for it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 22 Nov 2004
Posts: 25436

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:03 pm    Post subject:

nickuku wrote:
Drifts wrote:
nickuku wrote:
Drifts wrote:
nickuku wrote:
Drifts wrote:
Laker_Town wrote:
Clarkson doesn't like passing does he


if you think about it really well, Lakers need scoring... Clarkson is the quickest.


Have you watched him play this year?


are you serious? Clarkson got 2 quick buckets, layups at that and you are whining like babies... geez. get real. lol


Clarkson has been inefficient this year and even more harm his tunnelvision style of basketball is detrimental to the team. 2 baskets in garbage time doesn't negate what has happened over the season.


lol... if you want to talk inefficient, you might want to check the FG% of all the starters... you obviously don't know what you are talking about.

do you even know what garbage time is? Lakers were just down 5 with around 1 minute to go. go learn basketball first.


Right because FG% is a teller of all things.


lol it would help you a lot if you try and get yourself educated with the nuances of the game... garbage time...

you bring up efficiency, and you dismiss FG%... wow, how brilliant of you... and for the record, I never said FG% is the teller of all things. or did you fail to "comprehend" that?
_________________
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 09 Jul 2010
Posts: 4652
Location: Orange County

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:05 pm    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:
nickuku wrote:
Drifts wrote:
nickuku wrote:
Drifts wrote:
nickuku wrote:
Drifts wrote:
Laker_Town wrote:
Clarkson doesn't like passing does he


if you think about it really well, Lakers need scoring... Clarkson is the quickest.


Have you watched him play this year?


are you serious? Clarkson got 2 quick buckets, layups at that and you are whining like babies... geez. get real. lol


Clarkson has been inefficient this year and even more harm his tunnelvision style of basketball is detrimental to the team. 2 baskets in garbage time doesn't negate what has happened over the season.


lol... if you want to talk inefficient, you might want to check the FG% of all the starters... you obviously don't know what you are talking about.

do you even know what garbage time is? Lakers were just down 5 with around 1 minute to go. go learn basketball first.


Right because FG% is a teller of all things.


lol it would help you a lot if you try and get yourself educated with the nuances of the game... garbage time...

you bring up efficiency, and you dismiss FG%... wow, how brilliant of you... and for the record, I never said FG% is the teller of all things. or did you fail to "comprehend" that?


The game was done at that point. We were giving up a layup or 3 every time down or did you think Randle was going to turn into a defensive stopper in a few seconds?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 22 Nov 2004
Posts: 25436

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:05 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
fontana3d wrote:
Also they really want the pride of Chino Hills on their team next year.


So do I, the kid is sensational and might be the Lakers savior and I am serious.


this one I agree with... reminds me of Bird/Magic... he is a student of the game, knows the little tricks at that young age, very mature game for his age... although the NBA is a different beast, I am excited to watch him play

you are talking about Ball right?
_________________
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 22 Nov 2004
Posts: 25436

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:07 pm    Post subject:

nickuku wrote:
Drifts wrote:
nickuku wrote:
Drifts wrote:
nickuku wrote:
Drifts wrote:
nickuku wrote:
Drifts wrote:
Laker_Town wrote:
Clarkson doesn't like passing does he


if you think about it really well, Lakers need scoring... Clarkson is the quickest.


Have you watched him play this year?


are you serious? Clarkson got 2 quick buckets, layups at that and you are whining like babies... geez. get real. lol


Clarkson has been inefficient this year and even more harm his tunnelvision style of basketball is detrimental to the team. 2 baskets in garbage time doesn't negate what has happened over the season.


lol... if you want to talk inefficient, you might want to check the FG% of all the starters... you obviously don't know what you are talking about.

do you even know what garbage time is? Lakers were just down 5 with around 1 minute to go. go learn basketball first.


Right because FG% is a teller of all things.


lol it would help you a lot if you try and get yourself educated with the nuances of the game... garbage time...

you bring up efficiency, and you dismiss FG%... wow, how brilliant of you... and for the record, I never said FG% is the teller of all things. or did you fail to "comprehend" that?


The game was done at that point. We were giving up a layup or 3 every time down or did you think Randle was going to turn into a defensive stopper in a few seconds?


so by your definition that was "garbage time"?????

so, the NBA defending champs, would play Lebron, Irving, Love in garbage time... right???

because you know, it was garbage time and when it's garbage time, the common practice is to keep the starters in, let them finish games... because you know, Cavs need Lebrona and Irving to play in garbage time...

right, garbage time... geez...
_________________
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Halflife
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 15 Aug 2015
Posts: 2823

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:08 pm    Post subject:

Props to cavs for playing their stars. They know who the real team in la is
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
adkindo
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 16 Jun 2005
Posts: 15798
Location: Dirty South

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:09 pm    Post subject:

fontana3d wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
fontana3d wrote:
Also they really want the pride of Chino Hills on their team next year.


So do I, the kid is sensational and might be the Lakers savior and I am serious.


The Local Kid Lornzo Ball can be a hero for the Lakers as long as success doesn't go to his head, and that also goes to his dad too.


does not appear it will for the kid to the point of hurting his play...the dad is a lost cause
_________________
"Lonzo Ball is the headline, Kyle Kuzma is the STORY!" Jalen Rose
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 17 Sep 2008
Posts: 15215
Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:11 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
Props to cavs for playing their stars. They know who the real team in la is


They know who the bigger fan base is too. Lakers!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
fontana3d
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 22 Mar 2013
Posts: 3142

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:11 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
Props to cavs for playing their stars. They know who the real team in la is


Yeah the Clippers going down hard in the first round, and I do mean prison style hard.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 32, 33, 34  Next
Page 33 of 34
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2010 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB