How long does management/fans wait if this were the case?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:54 pm    Post subject: Re: How long does management/fans wait if this were the case?

LAKERMIKE2 wrote:
Let's say we get the second pick in draft in either PG- Fultz or PG- Ball & the Lakers decide to play Dlo st SG, so we basically have this as a possible line up for 2018-19, etc. of

C- Zubac
PF- Randle
SF- Ingram
PG- Fultz or Ball
SG- Russell

Great line-up!

That should get the Lakers up to 22 wins easily, maybe even 23..!
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:09 pm    Post subject:

I would at least want to see 2 years with this lineup.
I'd be shocked if DLo wasn't 20/6 in his 4th year, and Ingram/Zubac weren't really productive in their 3rd years. Randle and the 2017 draft pick would be Xfactors for playoff contention at that time. I think we could do it
SGVL1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:28 pm    Post subject:

Well Jeanie "liked" a tweet last night from a fan praising D LO and knocking fans who want to trade him

It's prob too soon to give up on Ingram.

It seems like Magic from interviews likes a guy Randles size with his handles.

So if a trade is made it will be JC I'm assuming going as a sweetener in a DENG or Moz deal??

Then they let Magic step into a FA recruitment meeting and do his selling

Far as Randle, BI and D LO, don't see them going anywhere ..especially in the '18 summer.
Wildchild027
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:03 pm    Post subject:

Durant lead the league in scoring & Anthony Davis lead the league in PER & they both got the 8th seed when the west was good . You guys are putting unreal expectation on some kids .
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:05 pm    Post subject:

Ideally the FO would just let the young group grow for half a decade
Mike Breen
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:16 pm    Post subject:

the Randle contract situation is going to be a real question mark. He's going to want the max and some dumb team is likely to give it to him.
Wildchild027
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:16 pm    Post subject:

Half a decade, on top of the four years they have already missed the playoffs?
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:31 pm    Post subject:

Wildchild027 wrote:

If they get Fultz or ball I think they compete for playoff spot next season. Then you play the 2018 FA market to legitimately compete for getting to conference finals.

Personally I would run with:

Ball/Fultz
Russell
Ingram
Randle/Nance
Zubac

At least give half of 2017-18 season to assess this lineup, imo.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:35 pm    Post subject:

Wildchild027 wrote:

Adding no big FA's, I think they'd be an 8th seed in 2018-19.. So.
And at that point, FA's would want to come.

So that's my ideal plan --- I don't want to trade for a star.
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:06 pm    Post subject:

Assuming we get the top 3 pick. I see the new FO going after a star FA and dangling a couple of the young assets to trade for another.

I think they want playoffs next season.
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:11 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Wildchild027 wrote:

Will we have cap space in 2018-19 though?
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:30 pm    Post subject: Re: How long does management/fans wait if this were the case?

unleasHell wrote:
LAKERMIKE2 wrote:
Let's say we get the second pick in draft in either PG- Fultz or PG- Ball & the Lakers decide to play Dlo st SG, so we basically have this as a possible line up for 2018-19, etc. of

C- Zubac
PF- Randle
SF- Ingram
PG- Fultz or Ball
SG- Russell

Great line-up!

That should get the Lakers up to 22 wins easily, maybe even 23..!

That team would terrorize the Summer League!!
BynumForThree
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:01 pm    Post subject:

CabinCreek44 wrote:
From what I've seen, Pelinka knows that the only way back to respectability anytime soon is by signing a big time free agent or swinging a trade.

He was on Spectrum Sports last night (taped interview) and told Chris McGee (paraphrasing), "We like all of our young talent, but we're 29th in the league." So that seems to speak volumes about where his head is at.

When you're "Building thru the draft" you're in NBA Hell. Pelinka clearly knows that.

Then he's an idiot considering the new CBA makes it significantly harder to accomplish that. In fact, it encourages to build through the draft.
Wildchild027
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:34 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Wildchild027 wrote:

So your idea plan is to HOPE that they will be good in two years. When Randle will already be on extension. DLO will be eligible for an extension, and the Lakers won't have any capspace because Deng and Mozgov will still be under contract.

We have this summer, and next summer with capspace. Two summers from now, there is no capspace to sign a star player.
Wildchild027
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:35 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Wildchild027 wrote:

If they get Fultz or ball I think they compete for playoff spot next season. Then you play the 2018 FA market to legitimately compete for getting to conference finals.

Ball/Fultz
Russell
Ingram
Randle/Nance
Zubac

Unless Fultz or Ball are Tim Duncan rookie level good, we will not win enough games to compete for the 8th seed. I think getting the 8th seed this year will require about 38 games. You really see a team going from 20 wins to 38 games with an 19 y/o rookie.
Wildchild027
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:37 am    Post subject:

AY2043 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Wildchild027 wrote:

Will we have cap space in 2018-19 though?

No. That's why it is dumb to wait.
Wildchild027
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:38 am    Post subject:

BynumForThree wrote:
CabinCreek44 wrote:
From what I've seen, Pelinka knows that the only way back to respectability anytime soon is by signing a big time free agent or swinging a trade.

He was on Spectrum Sports last night (taped interview) and told Chris McGee (paraphrasing), "We like all of our young talent, but we're 29th in the league." So that seems to speak volumes about where his head is at.

When you're "Building thru the draft" you're in NBA Hell. Pelinka clearly knows that.

Then he's an idiot considering the new CBA makes it significantly harder to accomplish that. In fact, it encourages to build through the draft.

He's such an idiot, that only two teams in last ten years have actually won a title, building thru the draft.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:49 am    Post subject:

Wildchild027 wrote:

Yeah. I don't see that. Those 4 years are the STARTING point for this team, which will, after a possibly 5th straight non-playoff season, lead to a bit of desperation (sadly).
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:50 am    Post subject:

The prospect of paying someone like Jules 20m+ a year...ugh.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:04 am    Post subject:

Wildchild027 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Wildchild027 wrote:

Ball/Fultz
Russell
Ingram
Randle/Nance
Zubac

Unless Fultz or Ball are Tim Duncan rookie level good, we will not win enough games to compete for the 8th seed. I think getting the 8th seed this year will require about 38 games. You really see a team going from 20 wins to 38 games with an 19 y/o rookie.

All I'm saying is I see the potential to win 35+ and be trending into a bright future. Let's just say they trade 2 of the following 3 for PG13: Ingram/Russell/top 3 pick. You MIGHT win 35-40 games but you are basically Indiana pacers west until you get another star player.

Just don't think the lakers are there. Why not see what adding fultz/ball will do before trading assets away. Also, this is a different nba, it's just hard to get a Shaq level player in free agency. I'm just not sure hovering around the 7/8 seed as pacers west is worth it, especially for a franchise known for the only goal being championship. Some organizations are happy with playoffs, just think lakers would be back in the same position in a couple of years if they make desperation trade for PG13 or butler. Just look at the bulls and pacers. I think most laker fans would be pissed off if lakers were stuck in that mediocrity over the next 3-5 years.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:16 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Wildchild027 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Wildchild027 wrote:

Ball/Fultz
Russell
Ingram
Randle/Nance
Zubac

All I'm saying is I see the potential to win 35+ and be trending into a bright future. Let's just say they trade 2 of the following 3 for PG13: Ingram/Russell/top 3 pick. You MIGHT win 35-40 games but you are basically Indiana pacers west until you get another star player.

Just don't think the lakers are there. Why not see what adding fultz/ball will do before trading assets away. Also, this is a different nba, it's just hard to get a Shaq level player in free agency. I'm just not sure hovering around the 7/8 seed as pacers west is worth it, especially for a franchise known for the only goal being championship. Some organizations are happy with playoffs, just think lakers would be back in the same position in a couple of years if they make desperation trade for PG13 or butler. Just look at the bulls and pacers. I think most laker fans would be pissed off if lakers were stuck in that mediocrity over the next 3-5 years.

I don't think we are trading 2 of DLO/BI/Top 3. 1 of them, 1 of JC/Jules, maybe future 1st.

So say we traded away BI/JC

Ball
DLO
PG13
Jules
Zub.

Have 20-22m in cap space. Maybe add Patty Mills/Ilaysova. So

Ball/Mills
DLO/Brewer
PG13/Deng
Jules/Ilayasova
Zub/Nance/Moz

That could be a 40-42+ win team right there with high upside.
fontana3d
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:23 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Wildchild027 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Wildchild027 wrote:

Ball/Fultz
Russell
Ingram
Randle/Nance
Zubac

Especially when we are still behind SA and GS. Plus being mediocrity is worse.
fontana3d
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:25 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Wildchild027 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Wildchild027 wrote:

Ball/Fultz
Russell
Ingram
Randle/Nance
Zubac

I don't think we are trading 2 of DLO/BI/Top 3. 1 of them, 1 of JC/Jules, maybe future 1st.

So say we traded away BI/JC

Ball
DLO
PG13
Jules
Zub.

Have 20-22m in cap space. Maybe add Patty Mills/Ilaysova. So

Ball/Mills
DLO/Brewer
PG13/Deng
Jules/Ilayasova
Zub/Nance/Moz

That could be a 40-42+ win team right there with high upside.

Then pray to god PG13 resigns with us or else.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:27 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Plus being mediocrity is worse.

That isn't necessarily true. At some point, after 4 years of being a perennial bottom 3/5 team, you have to ascend out of hell.

Rockets are a team I'd like to model, cap management/trade asset wise. They DID stay on the "mediocrity treadmill," never tanking in the past 10 years. But they were opportunistic and collected assets and made a stunning trade (Harden) for middling assets (Kevin Martin and a late lottery pick).
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:36 am    Post subject:

Interesting to see the varying viewpoints. Time will tell fam.

We all want more rings, so I'm down for however we get it. I just don't want to be like some other organizations cycle where we are a 5-8 seed type, don't win (bleep), suck again...rinse and repeat.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: