Dolby Theater seating question

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 24 Dec 2007
Posts: 27324
Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Washington, DC

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:51 pm    Post subject: Dolby Theater seating question

Assuming you can't get tickets for Orchestra Center, what's the second best section? Would it be Orchestra left/right or Parterre (level above Orchestra) Center?

Thanks.
_________________
Damian Lillard shatters Dwight Coward's championship dreams:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZrbEjppnd4
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Reply with quote
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 10 Dec 2006
Posts: 38019
Location: Making a safety stop at 15 feet.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Dolby Theater seating question

CandyCanes wrote:
Assuming you can't get tickets for Orchestra Center, what's the second best section? Would it be Orchestra left/right or Parterre (level above Orchestra) Center?

Thanks.


It's going to depend on the event. Is it a presentation like Palyfest or Neil DeGrasse Tyson? A concert? A theatrical performance?

It's going to change depending. If it's something intimate like a panel discussion, closer os probably better even of you are off to the side. If it's a large scale theatrical production like the Chinese acrobats, center is probably better even if you are further back because you will get a better perspective. I've been to shows there where even the front of the Mezzanine was preferable.
_________________
"How could it get worse?" some Lakers fans asked . . .

"Hold my beer" said the Jeanie Magic Buss.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 24 Dec 2007
Posts: 27324
Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Washington, DC

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Dolby Theater seating question

DaMuleRules wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
Assuming you can't get tickets for Orchestra Center, what's the second best section? Would it be Orchestra left/right or Parterre (level above Orchestra) Center?

Thanks.


It's going to depend on the event. Is it a presentation like Palyfest or Neil DeGrasse Tyson? A concert? A theatrical performance?

It's going to change depending. If it's something intimate like a panel discussion, closer os probably better even of you are off to the side. If it's a large scale theatrical production like the Chinese acrobats, center is probably better even if you are further back because you will get a better perspective. I've been to shows there where even the front of the Mezzanine was preferable.


I PMed you with specifics, but it's a concert.

When I went to see Wicked in NYC, I had seats six rows back from the front but to the far left. The view was obstructed... Not sure if every theater is like that.
_________________
Damian Lillard shatters Dwight Coward's championship dreams:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZrbEjppnd4
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Reply with quote
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 10 Dec 2006
Posts: 38019
Location: Making a safety stop at 15 feet.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Dolby Theater seating question

CandyCanes wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
Assuming you can't get tickets for Orchestra Center, what's the second best section? Would it be Orchestra left/right or Parterre (level above Orchestra) Center?

Thanks.


It's going to depend on the event. Is it a presentation like Palyfest or Neil DeGrasse Tyson? A concert? A theatrical performance?

It's going to change depending. If it's something intimate like a panel discussion, closer os probably better even of you are off to the side. If it's a large scale theatrical production like the Chinese acrobats, center is probably better even if you are further back because you will get a better perspective. I've been to shows there where even the front of the Mezzanine was preferable.


I PMed you with specifics, but it's a concert.

When I went to see Wicked in NYC, I had seats six rows back from the front but to the far left. The view was obstructed... Not sure if every theater is like that.


PM'ed you back. Sounds like from you choices, when it comes to perspective and sound. Center and a bit back would be better than closer and off to the extreme side. The sound is mixed for the center of the theater. So while you may not be as close, you'll have a good perspective and the show will sound better tonally.
_________________
"How could it get worse?" some Lakers fans asked . . .

"Hold my beer" said the Jeanie Magic Buss.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2010 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB