The Lowe Post Podcast: Ramona Shelburne 3/21
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:01 pm    Post subject: The Lowe Post Podcast: Ramona Shelburne 3/21

Lakers centric podcast from Zach Lowe today. Listening right now; couple of interesting nuggets:

1. Johnny Buss call for BOD meeting made Jeannie move faster on Magic/pelinka. Might have waited until offseason.

2. Sacramento asked for DLO and Ingram. Lakers said no on Ingram. Jim buss was ready to send both to Sacramento.

3. Jeannie was kept out of the loop on Sacramento proposed trade, even though she said any trades involving last 3 lottery picks must go through her.

Still listening, but my vibe is lakers not sold on DLO and he's most likely to be traded. Will add more later, good pod; listen if you would like

http://cdn16.castfire.com/audio/303/2889/25370/3313233/lowepost_2017-03-21-155933-6427-0-0-0.128.mp3?cdn_id=33&uuid=d40ddce7bc561a5664b9f5f46e142f17&referer=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.espn.com%2Fnba%2Fteam%2F_%2Fid%2F13
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:05 pm    Post subject: Re: The Lowe Post Podcast: Ramona Shelburne 3/21

LakerSD wrote:
Lakers centric podcast from Zach Lowe today. Listening right now; couple of interesting nuggets:

1. Johnny Buss call for BOD meeting made Jeannie move faster on Magic/pelinka. Might have waited until offseason.

2. Sacramento asked for DLO and Ingram. Lakers said no on Ingram. Jim buss was ready to send both to Sacramento.

3. Jeannie was kept out of the loop on Sacramento proposed trade, even though she said any trades involving last 3 lottery picks must go through her.

Still listening, but my vibe is lakers not sold on DLO and he's most likely to be traded. Will add more later, good pod; listen if you would like

http://cdn16.castfire.com/audio/303/2889/25370/3313233/lowepost_2017-03-21-155933-6427-0-0-0.128.mp3?cdn_id=33&uuid=d40ddce7bc561a5664b9f5f46e142f17&referer=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.espn.com%2Fnba%2Fteam%2F_%2Fid%2F13

was that recorded before or after he dropped 40!?!?
Vishnu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:06 pm    Post subject:

I listened to everything and that's the not the vibe I got at all.

Another interesting note is she mentioned they are moving Russell off the ball to see how he'll play with a PG if they get one in the draft.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:08 pm    Post subject:

Vishnu wrote:

Another interesting note is she mentioned they are moving Russell off the ball to see how he'll play with a PG if they get one in the draft.

When...they get one.

LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:08 pm    Post subject:

Vishnu wrote:

I'll have to keep listening, 25 min in that's what it seems like.

Reading what Ramona is saying that's what it seems like but everyone has different interpretations so agree to disagree, anyway nothing wrong with different interpretations.

For the record, I wouldn't trade him before at least next trade deadline.
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:12 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Vishnu wrote:

When...they get one.

Amen
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

Yeah I didn't get the impression that you did regarding Russell. Sounds like the team likes him.

And Ramona was speculating btw that Jim would have sent Russell and Ingram to Sac. What we know is that they asked for both and we said no.
GoldenThroat

ocho wrote:
Yeah I didn't get the impression that you did regarding Russell. Sounds like the team likes him.

And Ramona was speculating btw that Jim would have sent Russell and Ingram to Sac. What we know is that they asked for both and we said no.

Are you implying that she might not have direct access to his line of thinking? lol
brock
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:13 pm    Post subject:

Ingram is the great mystery in all of this. No one really knows how good he'll be in the long run.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:15 pm    Post subject: Re: The Lowe Post Podcast: Ramona Shelburne 3/21

adkindo wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

After, they must just be anti-Russell or pro-Ingram
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:16 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:

Jim did everything in his power not to trade Bynum. He even hired the worst coach in sports to build around his draft pick. I find it hard to believe he'd trade any of his draft picks. He wanted to build a team he could call his own.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:20 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:

Go back and listen, she says the lakers said no specifically on Ingram.

Maybe they change their mind on DLO but he is the most likely to go imo if pelinka and Magic are going to trade away a young asset.

Anyway, doesn't seem like you can bring up Russell or Ingram without getting into asinine arguments so back to main topic of it's an episode full of lakers talk.

Carry on with agendas, fam.

Last edited by LakerSD on Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:20 pm    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
ocho wrote:

Jim did everything in his power not to trade Bynum. He even hired the worst coach in sports to build around his draft pick. I find it hard to believe he'd trade any of his draft picks. He wanted to build a team he could call his own.

But he was under fire this time. Won't be surprised if he wanted to make a desperate move and Mitch didn't.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:21 pm    Post subject:

What's the other Buss sister's name? That's Ramona's insider. If Ingram becomes a bust, the narrative will be Mitch and Jim didn't make the deals they should have. If Ingram becomes a stud, the narrative will be Jeannie and Magic moved fast to prevent Jim and Mitch from trading away Ingram in last ditch effort to save their jobs. Funny thing, I've already heard both narratives out there by gasbags and pundits. Mitch and Jim's legacy ain't gonna survive.
44TheLogo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:24 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
What's the other Buss sister's name? That's Ramona's insider. If Ingram becomes a bust, the narrative will be Mitch and Jim didn't make the deals they should have. If Ingram becomes a stud, the narrative will be Jeannie and Magic moved fast to prevent Jim and Mitch from trading away Ingram in last ditch effort to save their jobs. Funny thing, I've already heard both narratives out there by gasbags and pundits. Mitch and Jim's legacy ain't gonna survive.

Janie Buss.

In any case, I also didn't get the sense that the Lakers FO was trying to trade DLo, more a case of trying to figure out how to get the best out of him. I think everyone recognizes his talent.

As for the Boogie trade...there are some details in the pod that make it seem a lot more believable. I'd just give it a listen.
Chase.button07
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:33 pm    Post subject:

lol zach lowe blocked for pointing him out the sixers package and then him wanting us to trade ingram +top 3 pick

oh well
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:39 pm    Post subject:

Thanks for the recap OP. Much appreciated.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:43 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
ocho wrote:

Go back and listen, she says the lakers said no specifically on Ingram.

Maybe they change their mind on DLO but he is the most likely to go imo if pelinka and Magic are going to trade away a young asset.

Anyway, doesn't seem like you can bring up Russell or Ingram without getting into asinine arguments so back to main topic of it's an episode full of lakers talk.

Carry on with agendas, fam.

nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:59 pm    Post subject: Re: The Lowe Post Podcast: Ramona Shelburne 3/21

adkindo wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Before, now we can trade him for Cousins and Anthony Davis
Jakanzi
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:16 pm    Post subject:

Stuff I found most interesting from this pod was the stuff about Randle

- Lowe likes Julius and is planning to die on the Julius Randle hill
- Ramona feels good about him cause she likes his maturity (doesn't party a lot, new father, etc)
- Ramona feels Julius' perceived effort problems are not about laziness, but confidence. As in, if Randle starts a game off badly, he'll get in his own head about it and continue to struggle.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:47 pm    Post subject:

That's the vibe you got? I must have listened to something else.
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:30 pm    Post subject:

wow Vlade turned down DLO to end up with Hield?
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:38 pm    Post subject:

brock wrote:
Ingram is the great mystery in all of this. No one really knows how good he'll be in the long run.

I think his potential is 2 skyhigh so I think if the Lakers lose patience with the youth movement it will be the others getting packaged in a trade.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:15 pm    Post subject:

That was a great listen. Worth anyone's time if you have an hour to kill working or on the road. I can't even remember everything because there were so many details.

I do agree with Zach on Randle. I still think he *can* be as good as our other lottery picks. When he's 100% engaged he's something else and we've seen it. But we just don't see it enough. I really like him and when he figures things out he's fun. I'm not willing to die on the hill tho

Also the talk on DLO wasn't that he was tradeable, not sure why someone got that. Ramona said that the team is trying to figure out how he pieces into the future, and if he can play off-guard in the event that the Lakers draft a point guard which seems likely. She sorta hinted at Lonzo Ball which has to be the WORST kept secret with the Lakers right now even though nothing official or heavily rumored has been reported
gumby
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:35 pm    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:
That was a great listen. Worth anyone's time if you have an hour to kill working or on the road. I can't even remember everything because there were so many details.

I do agree with Zach on Randle. I still think he *can* be as good as our other lottery picks. When he's 100% engaged he's something else and we've seen it. But we just don't see it enough. I really like him and when he figures things out he's fun. I'm not willing to die on the hill tho

Also the talk on DLO wasn't that he was tradeable, not sure why someone got that. Ramona said that the team is trying to figure out how he pieces into the future, and if he can play off-guard in the event that the Lakers draft a point guard which seems likely. She sorta hinted at Lonzo Ball which has to be the WORST kept secret with the Lakers right now even though nothing official or heavily rumored has been reported

DLO is just such an enigma. He has flashes, then clunkers. He is the PG but doesn't exude the leadership qualities and other characteristics that one usually expects from that position.

I think him at SG is his future. I've just never got the feeling he was a true PG for this team. Not a bad thing, just not a natural fit to me.

Bye.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: