How do you keep your earphones in while running/exercising?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:16 pm    Post subject: How do you keep your earphones in while running/exercising?

Does anyone have any solutions or a specific brand which will stay in without constantly needing to be pushed back in? Currently I'm using the standard Apple earphones.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:37 pm    Post subject:

https://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-CX-685-Adidas-Headphones/dp/B0094R4POC/ref=sr_1_2?s=aht&ie=UTF8&qid=1490157503&sr=1-2&keywords=workout+earbuds&refinements=p_n_feature_two_browse-bin%3A2266980011%2Cp_89%3ASennheiser
lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:41 pm    Post subject:

http://www.theverge.com/2014/7/1/5861062/sony-walkman-at-35

I've got Guns and Roses Use you're illusion 1 and 2 if you need some "pump you up" jams.

Edit: I overtaped side B of tape 2 with that new 2 live crew....
JerryMagicKobe

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:44 pm    Post subject:

Staples
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:21 pm    Post subject:

lakerjoshua wrote:
http://www.theverge.com/2014/7/1/5861062/sony-walkman-at-35

I've got Guns and Roses Use you're illusion 1 and 2 if you need some "pump you up" jams.

Edit: I overtaped side B of tape 2 with that new 2 live crew....

Man nothing else gets me fired up more than blasting "November Rain"... If that doesn't get you going idk what does
Gatekeeper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:06 pm    Post subject:

Try a wireless set of sports earbuds. I had a set of Bose earbuds I use on runs.

Nothing beats listening to Queen's "Another one bites the dust" while you sprint past slower-moving pedestrians...
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:12 pm    Post subject:

Gatekeeper wrote:
Bose

whoa whoa whoa moneybags
Gatekeeper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:27 pm    Post subject:

Huey Lewis & The News wrote:
Gatekeeper wrote:
Bose

whoa whoa whoa moneybags

mine weren't the model I linked, but got them for about half off at Costco. But yeah I guess you could just use wax plugs on your ipod earbuds and it'll just be as effective.
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:47 pm    Post subject:

duct tape
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:57 pm    Post subject: Re: How do you keep your earphones in while running/exercising?

CandyCanes wrote:
Does anyone have any solutions or a specific brand which will stay in without constantly needing to be pushed back in? Currently I'm using the standard Apple earphones.

I used to have the same problem, until I switched to bluetooth headphones.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Beats-by-Dr-Dre-Powerbeats2-Wireless-In-Ear-Headphones-BLACK-RED/854081317?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=6555&adid=22222222227071696645&wmlspartner=wmtlabs&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=182021679072&wl4=pla-285876095925&wl5=9032044&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=115070606&wl11=online&wl12=854081317&wl13=&veh=sem

I have that one above, except in blue. I use it when running, and it's never fallen out.
Hammett
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:17 am    Post subject:

I use cheapo headphones when running. Finding in-ear earbuds that fit are a problem, though. I like to swap the earbuds off my beats headphones, I feel they fit great in my ear; they "seal" in the sound well and keep sweat out.
Qsmiff
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:25 pm    Post subject:

A really thin woman, with my head in a leg scissors.......but seriously.........a nail gun!

..........Drop the Mic!!!!!....lol
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:23 pm    Post subject:

Gatekeeper wrote:
Try a wireless set of sports earbuds. I had a set of Bose earbuds I use on runs.

Nothing beats listening to Queen's "Another one bites the dust" while you sprint past slower-moving pedestrians...

Are you satisfied with them? The most common complaint on Amazon is that they break after a few months.

https://www.amazon.com/Bose-SoundSport-ear-headphones-devices/dp/B0117RFZHC

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Gellollo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:15 am    Post subject:

I go old school with a boombox on my shoulder and blast the volume to max
Gatekeeper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:49 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Gatekeeper wrote:

Are you satisfied with them? The most common complaint on Amazon is that they break after a few months.

https://www.amazon.com/Bose-SoundSport-ear-headphones-devices/dp/B0117RFZHC

I have a wired set and the wires do fray after about 2 years of hard use. So either get a warranty with your purchase, or buy a cheap set.

The areas that are most liable to fray on any in ear headset are right beneath the earbuds, beneath the built-in remote and around the T-section where the left and right earbuds join.

Looking at Amazon now and something like these might do the trick... reasonably priced, wireless, and sweatproof.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:18 am    Post subject:

I use my ears ... so far its worked pretty well
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:55 am    Post subject:

Good question. I can't even take my dog for a walk without them falling out. Heck, I've had phone convos laying down in bed, perfectly still, and they move around. So annoying. I've tried the Samsung earphones and the Apple ones.

The last time I had earphones, that stayed in, was back in the Walkman/Discman days when they had the foam tips.

I'm going to pick up those Bose earphones Gatekeeper recommended. See if they'll stay in my ears.
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:58 am    Post subject:

The apple earphones are generally the only ones that stay in my ears while running without interference. The ones that you insert into your ear are annoying, sweaty, and almost painful despite the better sound quality. And they always fallout no matter the size.
Moses
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:34 pm    Post subject:

I use apple headphones, just the standard ones, but I bought these plastic clip on bits from my local gym that go over the top of the ear so they stay on. They were pretty cheap (like £5) and work pretty well, then you can just take them off of the headphones once done and put them back on next time you want to use them.

Mamba Forever
The Marathon Continues
Still I Rise
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:30 pm    Post subject:

Went out and bought the Bose Soundsport Wireless in-ear headphones/earphones. Bought this exact one: https://www.amazon.com/Bose-SoundSport-Wireless-Headphones-Citron/dp/B01HETFQMQ

So far so good. The large ear plugs work well so far me. They haven't fallen out yet. Very comfortable. Sound is good, nice bass. Every other one I have tried kept falling out as I have large ear holes.

I'll go for a run in a bit and see how they fare!
Gatekeeper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:22 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Went out and bought the Bose Soundsport Wireless in-ear headphones/earphones. Bought this exact one: https://www.amazon.com/Bose-SoundSport-Wireless-Headphones-Citron/dp/B01HETFQMQ

So far so good. The large ear plugs work well so far me. They haven't fallen out yet. Very comfortable. Sound is good, nice bass. Every other one I have tried kept falling out as I have large ear holes.

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:41 pm    Post subject:

Huey Lewis & The News wrote:
https://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-CX-685-Adidas-Headphones/dp/B0094R4POC/ref=sr_1_2?s=aht&ie=UTF8&qid=1490157503&sr=1-2&keywords=workout+earbuds&refinements=p_n_feature_two_browse-bin%3A2266980011%2Cp_89%3ASennheiser

I had a pair of those, but they didn't fit my ear properly. Now I have the wrap around version that work great for me.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=&sku=1122737&gclid=Cj0KEQjwzd3GBRDks7SYuNHi3JEBEiQAIm6EIwNpZuAFIxFBwUqpxqyG-yuiZ1jiR8b7KB8LWh2kZzQaAmFc8P8HAQ&is=REG&ap=y&m=Y&c3api=1876%2C%7Bcreative%7D%2C%7Bkeyword%7D&A=details&Q=
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:44 pm    Post subject:

I went down to Best Buy yesterday and they had the Jaybird Freedoms marked down from $200 to $140, and the sales associate told me to get those over Bose. Not only were the reviews worse, but now that I look on Amazon, it turns out that they aren't really $200 to begin with...

https://www.amazon.com/Jaybird-Freedom-Ear-Wireless-Headphones/dp/B01EHIQASQ

ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:51 pm    Post subject:

Gatekeeper wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

Ok, I lied. Didn't go for a run so I went for an easy 90 min hike/walk instead. A hike I have done probably 100 times, with my Samsung and Apple earphones always falling out and needing constant adjustments. Not to mention, because they were loose, I always had to put the volume way up.

I'm pleased with the Bose Soundsport wireless earphones! Thanks Gatekeeper.

Not once through the 90 mins hike did they fall out. Maybe twice, I adjusted the ear bud to re-form the tight seal in my ear but that's it. They werr comfortable throughout the hike and sound fantastic, almost like headphones that cover your ear.

The other thing I love about these is they stay in without a hook around your ear. I hate those because you take off.your shades to wipe sweat and putting your shadss back on moves the hook. But with these, I can take my sunglasses on and off, put them on my head, and no interferemce with the earphones since it only sits inside the ear.

Also I like they are wireless which means fully compatible with iOS and android and no wires getting bunched up or in the way.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:56 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Gatekeeper wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

Ok, I lied. Didn't go for a run so I went for an easy 90 min hike/walk instead. A hike I have done probably 100 times, with my Samsung and Apple earphones always falling out and needing constant adjustments. Not to mention, because they were loose, I always had to put the volume way up.

I'm pleased with the Bose Soundsport wireless earphones! Thanks Gatekeeper.

Not once through the 90 mins hike did they fall out. Maybe twice, I adjusted the ear bud to re-form the tight seal in my ear but that's it. They werr comfortable throughout the hike and sound fantastic, almost like headphones that cover your ear.

The other thing I love about these is they stay in without a hook around your ear. I hate those because you take off.your shades to wipe sweat and putting your shadss back on moves the hook. But with these, I can take my sunglasses on and off, put them on my head, and no interferemce with the earphones since it only sits inside the ear.

Also I like they are wireless which means fully compatible with iOS and android and no wires getting bunched up or in the way.

Can you elaborate more on the comfort? Would they have fallen out had you not adjusted them or are they very secure? My #1 concern is them staying in.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: