Maybe Odom is not untouchable??
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KingKobeDubbz
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 3:47 am    Post subject:

If the Lakers are really trying to give up Lamar for Channing Frye all in all it means we gave up Shaquille O'Neal for a stupid ass rookie from Arizona?????I mean giving up Shaq for Lamar hurts itself already but we could live with it knowing that he complements Kobe . Channing Frye I promise you guys he is just a younger Kwame with more jumper that's it. Bynum looks way more better than Frye to me. Now if you wanna say Frye and Jalen Rose for Lamar , that sounds more reasonable.
Mr. Mojo Risin
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 3:55 am    Post subject:

I don't know why Odom should be considered on the table for a trade. He averages nearly a double double. You've seen what happens when he doesn't play. Unless you can get someone that can rebound and score more, which is highly unlikely.
eldrunko714
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 4:20 am    Post subject:

Ank wrote:
Well, my guess is that it was Frye and someone else of value. Needed for both salary and talent reasons. Frye is good, but Odom is our initator and will continue to put up better numbers than Frye for at least two years. I would have guessed Jalen Rose, but I don't think he can be traded anymore. Wasn't there like a 48 hour window when he could be included with other players? Jalen + Frye for Odom is my guess. I might have turned that down too if I were NY.

Odom is replacable. A young stud pf is not. If we could get Frye, we would have two of the best young bigs in the NBA. I'm not talking about Chicago's lame attempt for twin towers in Chandler/Curry. Bynum/Frye actually have fundamentals. I'm talking about something similar to Duncan/Robinson. Ok maybe not Duncan/Robinson but a very nice duo. Bynum/Frye better Championship pieces than Bynum/Odom. We aren't going to win a Championship in the next two years anyways so by that time our bigs would be ready to go. Doesn't matter if Odom puts up better numbers in the next two years. We're trying to win it all not just hang around.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 4:47 am    Post subject:

Larry Brown said that to among other things - he wanted a SF that can play guard and a SF that can slide to PF.

Larry Brown also has called LO one of the best players in the NBA. He also coached him in the Olympics and LOVES that kind of unselfish mentality.

With Odom he gets two needs filled with one player

I don't see anyone on that Knick roster Larry would keep instead of having Odom.

So IMO this one's BS ......
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
KA_2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 4:54 am    Post subject:

Christ, I hope that wasn't true. LO isn't a good fit in LA, but Frye doesn't really do anything much better than Odom does besides score (which is miniscule at best), while being an even softer defender and poorer rebounder.
Venti Quattro
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 7:23 am    Post subject:

the larger package would probably be something like this:

Odom, George, Medvedenko

FOR

Frye, Richardson OR Crawford, Taylor

AND

Draft Picks going both ways
Luke
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 7:26 am    Post subject:

If you see Hoopsype, the next article says the opposite : the Lakers are not offering Lamar...
nextphenom23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 7:44 am    Post subject:

I feel that Kobe is in his prime and we need to go out there and get guys that can help him win now. But at the same time I feel like Frye and another player from NY could help us more than Odom can. Maybe not this year but next year. Frye and Bynum would be the next twin towers and you add that with Bryant, we're destined to win championships. And you talk about getting rid of Odom's contract and we could attempt to go after a SF and PG when the big contracts we get from NYK expires.

The Spurs will never live up to the dynasty we created
CrimsonLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 7:49 am    Post subject:

we must get rid of lamar.
lakersfan4life69
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 7:54 am    Post subject:

take frye for odom, get salary cap filler that can be dumped, and get way under the cap in a couple of years. sure, we'd be terrible, but i think we are right now. bynum/frye front line of the future. mark heisler said lamar odom is avergaing 10 points a game since the sacto game. that's pathetic. forget second option. we have no second option.

Last edited by lakersfan4life69 on Sun Feb 12, 2006 7:55 am; edited 1 time in total
dag32
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 7:55 am    Post subject:

Eric has been pretty adamant that the Lakers won't trade Lamar.

Eric, do you think this typical NY reporting or could there be some truth to it?
The Kobe Era 2K5
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 7:59 am    Post subject:

CrimsonLaker wrote:
we must get rid of lamar.

word
The Kobe Era 2K5
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 7:59 am    Post subject:

damn. we should've traded odumb, i can't see him anymore as a laker. he sucks!
frye would fit excellent in triangle, but damn isiah rejected.
lakersfan4life69
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 8:04 am    Post subject:

KingKobeDubbz wrote:
If the Lakers are really trying to give up Lamar for Channing Frye all in all it means we gave up Shaquille O'Neal for a stupid ass rookie from Arizona?????I mean giving up Shaq for Lamar hurts itself already but we could live with it knowing that he complements Kobe . Channing Frye I promise you guys he is just a younger Kwame with more jumper that's it. Bynum looks way more better than Frye to me. Now if you wanna say Frye and Jalen Rose for Lamar , that sounds more reasonable.

Ah, the trade that killed the Lakers. I still could never imagine how far this team has sunk since that trade. You trade the best center in the league, keep one of the best if not the best player in the NBA, and you can't build yourself a legit playoff team? Mitch Mupchak doesn't get enough blame IMO. And to think, we could have had Howard/Nash for Shaq. Dallas would have done it, and the Lakers would currently be a 50+ win team with those two studs.
iml84myd8s
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 8:07 am    Post subject:

Eventually, Odom will be traded because he’ll never flourish the way Phil Jackson is using him in the triangle offense. Not if, but once Odom is traded, Odom will return back to his “all star” status once he is put back into the post, as he was in Miami.

There is no doubt Odom will become an All Star on another team once he’s traded.
lakersfan4life69
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 8:14 am    Post subject:

I'm sure Odom will come back to torch us like Caron Butler/Jumaine Jone/Sucky Atkins/Eddie Jones have all done this year.
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 8:19 am    Post subject:

iml84myd8s wrote:
Eventually, Odom will be traded because he’ll never flourish the way Phil Jackson is using him in the triangle offense. Not if, but once Odom is traded, Odom will return back to his “all star” status once he is put back into the post, as he was in Miami.

There is no doubt Odom will become an All Star on another team once he’s traded.

this is Odom's last ray of hope...he finds a PG who can make him shine. He's just not flourishing in Phil's system. He's not a PG/initiator, doesn't have the smarts to be one. He needs another system that'll put him in his place or a coach that'll do that for him. A coach who'll maximize his strengths, not someone who forces him to be what he is not. Tex is right.
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
CrimsonLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 8:20 am    Post subject:

Good. I hope he comes back and torches us. It doesn't deter me. Still get rid of Lamar. If he can flourish somewhere else, good. But I think he WANTS to get traded. He plays well enough to be a great all around player stat wise and keeps his trade value high, but horrible enough to consistently make fans hate him and to negatively alter the course of a game. Its a delicate line to walk and I refuse to think he is doing it unintentional. He wants out, its obvious. Get him outta here!
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 8:22 am    Post subject:

lakersfan4life69 wrote:
I'm sure Odom will come back to torch us like Caron Butler/Jumaine Jone/Sucky Atkins/Eddie Jones have all done this year.

He's torching us out on the court anyway. The only difference is that he might only torch us 2 games a year now instead of 82.
magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 8:27 am    Post subject:

RG73 wrote:
lakersfan4life69 wrote:

He's torching us out on the court anyway. The only difference is that he might only torch us 2 games a year now instead of 82.

I don't agree with that, but I can definitely see where you're coming from RG.
Stephon Marbury on Kobe: "He's the only person on 'dis earth that can do 'dat. He guards people, like shuts 'em down. Then, to do 'dat on 'da offensive end. It's like 'Damn, I can't score on him AND he about to bust my ass."
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
Jacko
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 8:36 am    Post subject:

I hope the rumor is true!!
so that mean Lakers are try to trade Odom,
the way we are playing right now, we definitely need to make a trade right!!
Because I just don't see a lot of potiental in Odom or Kwame!!
Try to get Frye that is not bad, but I don't think Isiah is dumb as Mitch, so of course Isiah won't make this trade!!
magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 8:40 am    Post subject:

Don't believe this crap. Isiah would LOVE to have Odom to get the ball to his "franchise player", Eddy Curry. Larry Brown would love to have Odom's unselfish "play the game the right way" attitude to maybe rub off on Marbury.

We offered up DG and scraps, Knicks said Odom, we said "Thanks, but no thanks." Don't believe what you hear from the NY Times.
Stephon Marbury on Kobe: "He's the only person on 'dis earth that can do 'dat. He guards people, like shuts 'em down. Then, to do 'dat on 'da offensive end. It's like 'Damn, I can't score on him AND he about to bust my ass."
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
40ptmachine
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 8:43 am    Post subject:

Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:
I don't know why Odom should be considered on the table for a trade. He averages nearly a double double. You've seen what happens when he doesn't play. Unless you can get someone that can rebound and score more, which is highly unlikely.

Man, watch the actual games and you'll see what Odumb is all about. Stats don't mean nothing, he's the perfect example of it
angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 9:08 am    Post subject:

It might not be true at all. I think the N.Y. Post reported it, so that makes the matter doubtful. The Philly paper says Odom is off the table.
Lionel The Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 9:14 am    Post subject:

Its not true. Just another case of the NY Media trying to play GM.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7
Jump to: