Maybe Odom is not untouchable??
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GameCock-MD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 11:03 am    Post subject:

tgf5 wrote:
Posted like twice already.

On multiple boards...
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 11:03 am    Post subject:

Lionel just laughed at this idea

Read Larry Brown's words on LO and then look at what he says about his own roster

If Thomas rejected LO, Brown would quit or force him out and become GM himself.

This is simply not true ...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 11:05 am    Post subject:

The thing is we need another thread to shoot at LO so, why are you guys surprised?
bounty
Star Player
Star Player

Im going to start tooting my own horn. I have stated that the Lakers have been shopping LO for weeks now, HOWEVER his contract does not interest other teams. Some of the names Ive herd have been above par role guys, not just all stars. So those who think LO has all this magical value think again. AND DONT JUDGE WHAT kobe says in the media as to why the Lakers still have LO. The LAKERS ARE TRYING but its a tough chip to rid. We may be stuck with him for now
Zhengi
Star Player
Star Player

Mastafusion, 9:00 called and wants its BREAKING NEWS back.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 11:08 am    Post subject:

The people who claimed that the Lakers wouldn't trade Odom were just blowing hot air. Every time certain posters claimed that the views of the "trade Odom" faction were not shared by the Lakers, a lot of us rolled our eyes and said "How do you know?"

The Busses and Kupchak are perfectly capable of seeing all the same things that have been discussed on this board. Unlike some of the posters on this board, the Busses and Kupchak aren't going to inflate their assessment of a player just because he is a Laker. But they aren't going to publicize their assessment of a player, either.

I look forward to the day when we unload Odom -- not just because I think it will be a good day for the team, but because I'd rather see the fans of some other team defending the indefensible and arguing that Odom is really a great player despite all of the evidence to the contrary.
OscarWang
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 11:12 am    Post subject:

Oh sorry guys

I just woke up and saw this
kobester
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 11:15 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:

No team is going to win with a 1st option that takes 28 shots and shoots under 38%

That's exactly why having a second option is essential. 1st option won't be able to shoot 50% every night. When the 1st option has an off night, it's time for the second option to step up, not to shoot a freaking 22% and make bonehead rookie mistakes repetitively in the crunch time.
GameCock-MD
Star Player
Star Player

THE_SHOES wrote:
The thing is we need another thread to shoot at LO so, why are you guys surprised?

Is he your best friend? BFF???

Do you realize how weird it looks for you to always come to this GROWN MAN'S rescue?

I don't have anything against alternative sex lives but dude, you may need to come out of the closet with your unnatural love for LO...

Last edited by GameCock-MD on Sun Feb 12, 2006 11:17 am; edited 1 time in total
40ptmachine
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

Noone will want a ROLE PLAYER making supertar dollar
Lakers 71-72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 11:16 am    Post subject:

lakersfan4life69 wrote:
KingKobeDubbz wrote:
If the Lakers are really trying to give up Lamar for Channing Frye all in all it means we gave up Shaquille O'Neal for a stupid ass rookie from Arizona?????I mean giving up Shaq for Lamar hurts itself already but we could live with it knowing that he complements Kobe . Channing Frye I promise you guys he is just a younger Kwame with more jumper that's it. Bynum looks way more better than Frye to me. Now if you wanna say Frye and Jalen Rose for Lamar , that sounds more reasonable.

Ah, the trade that killed the Lakers. I still could never imagine how far this team has sunk since that trade. You trade the best center in the league, keep one of the best if not the best player in the NBA, and you can't build yourself a legit playoff team? Mitch Mupchak doesn't get enough blame IMO. And to think, we could have had Howard/Nash for Shaq. Dallas would have done it, and the Lakers would currently be a 50+ win team with those two studs.

Hello?? Nash signed with Phoenix that summer as a free agent. How did Dallas have leverage on Nash to trade him to us. Dallas didn't.

Come on LF4L69. Catch up to the facts.
Lakers 71-72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 11:18 am    Post subject:

40ptmachine wrote:

Yeah. That gets kind of sticky.
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 11:19 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
:roll:

Odom is the team's only really good playmaker - who accepts that it's his role to make those around him better.

It's not his fault that Kobe had a crap game and the Lakers can't play a lick of defense down the stretch.

My god. The guy is playing through a very painful injury and still somehow getting his biggest job (assists) done.

The onus is on the Lakers as a team to play better defense and for Kobe to take better shots in the 4th.

Part of this team's job is to play team defense. Part of Kobe's job is to dominate in the 4th. Part of Cook's job is to hit a wide open shot ...

None of these folks care about anybody else's job Wolfy... The spotlight is always on LO as far as they are concerned. Sure he blew it trying to score. I have a feeling he had no idea of how much time was on that clock. With a fragile 2pt lead though with that much time left the Lakers were going to have to take a shot somewhere in that stretch of time. What appeared to be an open lane wasn't all that bad an idea. Gasol should be given at least a little bit of credit. Had he got past Gasol he would have been the "wounded hero!"

With the responsibility LO carries with the fans these days nobody should argue about his salary. Dude is underpaid for as responsible as he is made night in and, night out...

Last edited by THE_SHOES on Sun Feb 12, 2006 11:20 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
thumpinghead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 11:20 am    Post subject:

we lost cuz we missed mihm

mihm does a good job agasint gasol defensively

kwame had a good game didnt he?

if we can get all-star talent for LO, i say do it, i don't think his game fits the triangle: You can't just be a rebounding passer...

YOU HAVE TO BE ABLE TO HIT AN OPEN JUMPER TO PLAY IN THE TRIANGLE AT THE 1-3 POSITIONS

Thats why Walton and Odom suck in this offense.

Parker/Vujacic
Kobe/Vujacic
George/Kobe
Kwame/Cook
Mihm/Kwame

It's really our best lineup....LO DOES NOT HELP US WIN
bounty
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 11:23 am    Post subject:

THE_SHOES wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

Odom is the team's only really good playmaker - who accepts that it's his role to make those around him better.

It's not his fault that Kobe had a crap game and the Lakers can't play a lick of defense down the stretch.

My god. The guy is playing through a very painful injury and still somehow getting his biggest job (assists) done.

The onus is on the Lakers as a team to play better defense and for Kobe to take better shots in the 4th.

Part of this team's job is to play team defense. Part of Kobe's job is to dominate in the 4th. Part of Cook's job is to hit a wide open shot ...

None of these folks care about anybody else's job Wolfy... The spotlight is always on LO as far as they are concerned. Sure he blew it trying to score. I have a feeling he had no idea was on that clock. With a fragile 2pt lead though with that much time left the Lakers were going to have to take a shot somewhere in that stretch of time. What appeared to be an open lane wasn't all that bad an idea. Gasol should be given at least a little bit of credit.
With the responsibility LO carries with the fans these days nobody should argue about his salary. Dude is underpaid for as responsible as he is made night in and, night out...

What about the games b4 injury? What about the fact that PJ has taken more and more of the ball handling away from LO? What about the "initiator" being the guy who SHOULD HAVE THE BEST judgement with the ball? Show me where LO has progressed. Gasol gets a ton of credit, hes very very good. LO started the first few minutes strong. He immediately went to hide. read game threads as oppose to making up a fantasy as to what LO is.
GMWEST
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 11:23 am    Post subject:

bounty wrote:
Im going to start tooting my own horn. I have stated that the Lakers have been shopping LO for weeks now, HOWEVER his contract does not interest other teams. Some of the names Ive herd have been above par role guys, not just all stars. So those who think LO has all this magical value think again. AND DONT JUDGE WHAT kobe says in the media as to why the Lakers still have LO. The LAKERS ARE TRYING but its a tough chip to rid. We may be stuck with him for now

Since you decided to TOOT your horn, Let me ask you this.

Are you a GM in the NBA or have any contact with a NBA front office?

If you did, you would know LO's value around the league.

So what EXACTLY are you TOOTING?
CrimsonLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 11:27 am    Post subject:

THE_SHOES wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

None of these folks care about anybody else's job Wolfy... The spotlight is always on LO as far as they are concerned. Sure he blew it trying to score. I have a feeling he had no idea of how much time was on that clock. With a fragile 2pt lead though with that much time left the Lakers were going to have to take a shot somewhere in that stretch of time. What appeared to be an open lane wasn't all that bad an idea. Gasol should be given at least a little bit of credit. Had he got past Gasol he would have been the "wounded hero!"

HAHAHAH Underpaid? Firemen are underpaid. Police are underpaid. Teachers are underpaid. Odom isn't underpaid. He ain't starving.
40ptmachine
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 11:28 am    Post subject:

GMWEST wrote:

you would know LO's value around the league.

and that's a ROLE PLAYER making superstar money
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 11:29 am    Post subject:

Question, how many of you think that LO is not doing what he is asked to do?
Awhile back LO made a point of stating that he would up his point production to the media. He promptly followed by doing so. Jackson came right behind him and, stated something to the effect of that wasn't where he wanted LO's games emphasized.

I still believe that Jax is dead set on training Odom for the position he is in. Otherwise why not put LO on the wing and put kobe at the 2? Your average 3 even in the west could not stay with LO. This is why i'm sure Jax is telling LO to weather the storm from the fans and media because when was the last time you heard Laker management slam LO? Inspite of the rumors that are generated daily of a LO trade and that he is to expensive to get a bite, it's still all quiet on the LO front from Laker central...
40ptmachine
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 11:30 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:

I look forward to the day when we unload Odom -- not just because I think it will be a good day for the team, but because I'd rather see the fans of some other team defending the indefensible and arguing that Odom is really a great player despite all of the evidence to the contrary.

I look fwd too
lakersfan4life69
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 11:32 am    Post subject:

Mark Hurlbarf, Esq. wrote:
lakersfan4life69 wrote:
KingKobeDubbz wrote:
If the Lakers are really trying to give up Lamar for Channing Frye all in all it means we gave up Shaquille O'Neal for a stupid ass rookie from Arizona?????I mean giving up Shaq for Lamar hurts itself already but we could live with it knowing that he complements Kobe . Channing Frye I promise you guys he is just a younger Kwame with more jumper that's it. Bynum looks way more better than Frye to me. Now if you wanna say Frye and Jalen Rose for Lamar , that sounds more reasonable.

Ah, the trade that killed the Lakers. I still could never imagine how far this team has sunk since that trade. You trade the best center in the league, keep one of the best if not the best player in the NBA, and you can't build yourself a legit playoff team? Mitch Mupchak doesn't get enough blame IMO. And to think, we could have had Howard/Nash for Shaq. Dallas would have done it, and the Lakers would currently be a 50+ win team with those two studs.

Hello?? Nash signed with Phoenix that summer as a free agent. How did Dallas have leverage on Nash to trade him to us. Dallas didn't.

Come on LF4L69. Catch up to the facts.

hear of a sign and trade? nash would have received more money in that scenario. this was a rumor at the time. hindsight being 20/20, dallas and nash would never do it now. but at the time, dallas was still totally soft and desperate for shaq, but mitch didn't want to trade him to a west team.
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 11:33 am    Post subject:

CrimsonLaker wrote:
THE_SHOES wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

HAHAHAH Underpaid? Firemen are underpaid. Police are underpaid. Teachers are underpaid. Odom isn't underpaid. He ain't starving.

What? Dude takes more (bleep) than the president in Lakerland these days. He is a better man than me. I would have told all of ya'll to (bleep) off and went for 30 by now just to shut people the (bleep) up... LO is just being loyal to the cause...
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 11:35 am    Post subject:

Quote:
I still believe that Jax is dead set on training Odom for the position he is in. Otherwise why not put LO on the wing and put kobe at the 2?

Exactly.

LO's job isn't to score more than what he feels is neccesary. Phil has said that he wants LO staying unselfish and setting up teammates. In most of Odom's games his shot to assist ratio is on par of what guards should be - 2:1 according to Larry Brown.

Plus, the Lakers scored 99 points. It was enough, and yet Kobe shot poorly. How many times will Kobe have such a poor 4th? Not many IMO.

It's about time this team takes pride in their defense down the stretch.

This team's problem is the same old same old. No shooters. No post presence. No consistent team defense.

Until they don't solve those problems - No consistent winning ....
k083
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 11:37 am    Post subject:

40ptmachine wrote:

Very contradicting here as we're talking about the Knicks...
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 11:38 am    Post subject:

40ptmachine wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:

I look fwd too

Wouldn't make any differance there would still exist a hate crew for somebody on the squad. "You guys" don't rest which is why "we" don't rest. In fact if "you folks" wouldn't start no (bleep) there wouldn't be no (bleep).

So yeah, "we" are just as pissed off as "you people" are...

I guess we are all just one happy (bleep) family huh?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7
Jump to: