Maybe Odom is not untouchable??
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GMWEST
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 11:39 am    Post subject:

40ptmachine wrote:
GMWEST wrote:

you would know LO's value around the league.

and that's a ROLE PLAYER making superstar money

Fast Facts
NBA Ranking: 32
Salary Ranking: 34
(There are 33 players paid more than Odom in the NBA)

TEAM RANKINGS
* ranked #2 in points
* ranked #1 in rebounds
* ranked #1 in assists

This is from REALGM.

That sure is good for a role player. What you see as a role player is not what NBA Front Offices see. That is why your not an NBA GM.

Just a FAST FACT for you haters. Anything else you so-called NBA experts want to discuss.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 11:40 am    Post subject:

Quote:
What? Dude takes more (bleep) than the president in Lakerland these days. He is a better man than me. I would have told all of ya'll to (bleep) off and went for 30 by now just to shut people the (bleep) up... LO is just being loyal to the cause...

One would think with the amount that Odom gets raped on the message boards, he would be making 30 million.

But he is not even one-seventh of the team's payroll. And the biggest factor that everyone wants to ignore is Phil

LO whenever pushed/pressed on the scoring issue says that if Phil had a problem with his play he would tell him.

Phil wants Odom passive. He wants his PG to be a set up man that thinks pass first ...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
CrimsonLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 11:40 am    Post subject:

THE_SHOES wrote:
40ptmachine wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:

I look forward to the day when we unload Odom -- not just because I think it will be a good day for the team, but because I'd rather see the fans of some other team defending the indefensible and arguing that Odom is really a great player despite all of the evidence to the contrary.

I look fwd too

Wouldn't make any differance there would still exist a hate crew for somebody on the squad. "You guys" don't rest which is why "we" don't rest. In fact if "you folks" wouldn't start no (bleep) there wouldn't be no (bleep).

So yeah, "we" are just as pissed off as "you people" are...

I guess we are all just one happy (bleep) family huh?

Lamar, is that you?

Last edited by CrimsonLaker on Sun Feb 12, 2006 11:41 am; edited 1 time in total
datniggbstyle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 11:41 am    Post subject:

Lakers Need to trade Odom, Sasha and Miami Heat 06 First Round Pick to Toronto Raptors for Mike James, Morris Peterson, Eric Williams and there first round pick this year (unprotected)

Lakers could either make the playoffs or not. If not they would have two lottery choices. Sign back Mike James for around 6-7 million. 07 comes we have to 3 Stud players in development (Bynum + two lottery choices) and 12+ million to spend on free agents.

That my friends is how you build a team.

Toronto in 2 or 3 years will have the best frontcourt in the east (Bosh,Odom, Villanueva) and they should have money after this season to sign someone for around 10 million. They dont need anymore draft picks they need proven talent (Lamar Odom)

Mitch get that Lottery pick for Odom.

Roster

Chris Mihm/Andrew Bynum
Kwame Brown/Brian Cook/Ronny Turiaf/Slava
Morris Peterson/Devean George/Luke Walton/Eric Williams
Kobe Bryant/Aaron Mckie/Von Wafer
Mike James/Smush Parker

Offseason Subtract George, Slava and Mckie.

Add two lottery picks and you have a team with considerably more talent then the one we have put on the floor in years past.
angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 11:43 am    Post subject:

I would trade Odom for KG today.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 11:45 am    Post subject:

THE_SHOES wrote:
Question, how many of you think that LO is not doing what he is asked to do?
Awhile back LO made a point of stating that he would up his point production to the media. He promptly followed by doing so. Jackson came right behind him and, stated something to the effect of that wasn't where he wanted LO's games emphasized.

I still believe that Jax is dead set on training Odom for the position he is in. Otherwise why not put LO on the wing and put kobe at the 2? Your average 3 even in the west could not stay with LO. This is why i'm sure Jax is telling LO to weather the storm from the fans and media because when was the last time you heard Laker management slam LO? Inspite of the rumors that are generated daily of a LO trade and that he is to expensive to get a bite, it's still all quiet on the LO front from Laker central...

Preach on Brother

Have you noticed, Shoes how LO in more games than none will have a similar FGA and Assist numbers?

For the season LO is averaging 11.18 shots to 5.3 assists. That's what all coaches want from their PG's.

Good balance of FGA's and assists.

And if not for LO's 2-3 ref initiated breakdown games - he would be a very consistent player.

Since his return he's averaging 10 points, 5.3 assists and 8.7 rebounds ...

All while injured ! Yet, LO is getting bashed because these people can't accept a guy that doesn't score a lot of points because he is playing the PG spot seriously ....

Last edited by wolfpaclaker on Sun Feb 12, 2006 11:47 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Lionel The Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 11:46 am    Post subject:

Lamar for Channing Frye? muhahahaha........ Teams that have called about Lamar talk about about players that are a hell of alot better than Channing Frye. This is a joke and its not true.
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 11:47 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Quote:
I still believe that Jax is dead set on training Odom for the position he is in. Otherwise why not put LO on the wing and put kobe at the 2?

Exactly.

LO's job isn't to score more than what he feels is neccesary. Phil has said that he wants LO staying unselfish and setting up teammates. In most of Odom's games his shot to assist ratio is on par of what guards should be - 2:1 according to Larry Brown.

Plus, the Lakers scored 99 points. It was enough, and yet Kobe shot poorly. How many times will Kobe have such a poor 4th? Not many IMO.

It's about time this team takes pride in their defense down the stretch.

This team's problem is the same old same old. No shooters. No post presence. No consistent team defense.

Until they don't solve those problems - No consistent winning ....

Guards are still running amok and keeping Chris Mihm on the bench. The Laker tradition of not having any skills to stop the P&R is still alive and kicking.
The glaring truth is you can get rid of LO and, replace him with another player but, will the defense improve? Shane B had a so so night... Shane score 6pts. Eddie jones scored 25, Chucky laid 18 down, while Gasol dropped 31... None of that matters to the haters... Odom again is fully to blame for a loss that was building for 4 quarters.

I wish Lamar would have called a timeout and said. Let me sit the (bleep) down cause no matter what happens next it's going to be on me...
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 11:49 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Eddie jones scored 25, Chucky laid 18 down, while Gasol dropped 31... None of that matters to the haters... Odom again is fully to blame for a loss that was building for 4 quarters.

Kobe guarded Eddie (and kept leaving him to play help D)
Parker guarded Atkins (and got owned like usual)
Kwame guarded Gasol (and got raped)

Yet ...

It's LAMAR's fault. You hear that Shoes.

Lamar ! Lamar ! Lamar !

No matter what, it's Lamar

These people would have nothing to offer if Lamar wasn't playing out there.

wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 11:50 am    Post subject:

Lionel The Laker wrote:
Lamar for Channing Frye? muhahahaha........ Teams that have called about Lamar talk about about players that are a hell of alot better than Channing Frye. This is a joke and its not true.

^

And this is a guy that's neither a Mitch or Odom fan

HE KNOWS what he's talking about ....

Odom has no value in the league, my ass :roll:
GMWEST
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 11:53 am    Post subject:

[quote="datniggbstyle"]
Lakers could either make the playoffs or not. 07 comes we have to 3 Stud players in development

The problem with those 2 statements are:

1. Lakers need to make the playoffs this year period. Directive of Dr. Buss.

2. When 07 comes and Lakers haven't made the playoffs, you have 3 young studs and 12 Million for who? Fans are not going to be that patience. That is why you are seeing a change in direction NOW.
bounty
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 11:57 am    Post subject:

Like I have said for weeks. LO is being shopped. His value is not as high as some think.
NJ
Hawks
NYK
Seattle
Pacers
are the teams the Lakers are trying to deal with. Could be more, but these are what Ive been told. Also from the mouth of john Black to his friend LO's contract is not an easy one to move". Obviously with that $$$$$ but if he was really valuable you would think something can be done. Some of the players I have heard are not all bona fide all stars but very strong role guys.
datniggbstyle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 12:01 pm    Post subject:

[quote="GMWEST"]
datniggbstyle wrote:

Lakers could either make the playoffs or not. 07 comes we have to 3 Stud players in development

The problem with those 2 statements are:

1. Lakers need to make the playoffs this year period. Directive of Dr. Buss.

2. When 07 comes and Lakers haven't made the playoffs, you have 3 young studs and 12 Million for who? Fans are not going to be that patience. That is why you are seeing a change in direction NOW.

the two points that you mention are not guaranteed for this team either. In trading Odom you add to capable scorers. James at 17 per game and Peterson at 15 a game. James is a capable defender. I would say the lakers are making a deal for now and later. In my eyes they would be a better team with James and Peterson than just Odom.
Lionel The Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 12:02 pm    Post subject:

bounty wrote:
Like I have said for weeks. LO is being shopped. His value is not as high as some think.
NJ
Hawks
NYK
Seattle
Pacers
are the teams the Lakers are trying to deal with. Could be more, but these are what Ive been told. Also from the mouth of john Black to his friend LO's contract is not an easy one to move". Obviously with that $$$$$ but if he was really valuable you would think something can be done. Some of the players I have heard are not all bona fide all stars but very strong role guys.

Don't know who your source is but this is complete BS.
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 12:05 pm    Post subject:

angel wrote:
I would trade Odom for KG today.

Well, yeah who wouldn't? That is fantasy... The T-pups would rather close down the franchise than deal anything of substance to the Lakers...

I don't mean you here angel but, others bash Mitch daily thinking that he is sitting around playing with his navel while it was made clear during the bling bling that nobody in the league was going to do anything to help the Lakers. Charlotte was once rumored to have been threatened with "blackballing" by league owners if they were to do a deal that would have sent P.J. Brown to the Lakers who were desperate for a banger to work along side of Oneal.

The only player that could get anything serious off this roster is Kobe Bryant. Indiana knew taking Bynum wasn't going to wash with the Lakers. People in here talking about Paul Pierce like he is possible. From Ainge and the Celts! Are you kidding me???

The long tradition of winning has left bitterness with people who are still very active in the NBA so, I'm telling you folks who haven't considered the facts. It is always going to be about pulling teeth for the Lakers. Get something in here that you wished you hadn't...

When I think about it, Shaq, Horry and Fox are about the best deals the Lakers have made in a lllllllllooooooooonnnnggggg time. Other than that the Lakers have been built primarily through the draft in the last 10yrs. Shaq because he forced a trade in Orlando. Fox I believe opted out of Boston and, Horry threw a towel in Danny Ainges face while in Phoenix...
Glenn Rice? We lost Eddie jones. Glenn and his wife drove Jax crazy. Ronnie Harper. Jax called him up while he was fishing to come back. Brian Shaw. Shaq arranged that deal...

Last edited by THE_SHOES on Sun Feb 12, 2006 12:15 pm; edited 2 times in total
GMWEST
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 12:06 pm    Post subject:

Lionel The Laker wrote:
bounty wrote:
NJ
Hawks
NYK
Seattle
Pacers

I already called that at the top of the page.
Mostwanted
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 12:15 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Quote:
Eddie jones scored 25, Chucky laid 18 down, while Gasol dropped 31... None of that matters to the haters... Odom again is fully to blame for a loss that was building for 4 quarters.

Yet ...

Lamar ! Lamar ! Lamar !

WP what is so hard to you to understand?

NO one is saying that everyone else played perfect. Kobe was 10-30 or something like that. Absolutely terrible. Struggled for most of the game. His D could have been alot better overall IMO.

But in the 4th qtr. I believe he was shooting 50%. You know in the 4th qtr. he is going to bring it.

Everyone knows what the role players are going to do. They are absolute trash for the most part. They are un-reliabel and inconsistent. Kwame played well out of the role players but that's about it for the most part.

What draws the ire for Odom is he is supposed to be above the frey. He is supposed to be above the year one and two mental meltdowns.

With all of the mess ups from everyone throughout the game the Lakers were up 4 with 50 odd seconds left.

RUN THE FREAKING CLOCK DOWN. IS IT THAT FREAKING HARD. WHAT THE FREAK IS LAMAR THINKING? IS HE THINKING AT ALL. ( )

But what does Lamar do. The same thing he did a few weeks ago vs. Sacremento. You expect it from Smush, Sasha and the rest of the trash on the LAkers. You don't expect it from the second best player on the team.

Lamar is supposed to be setting an example for the younger/dumber players yet he always seems to be playing down to there level and making dumber decisions than they do.

Lakers aren't going to win with Mr. Inconsistent. To MENTALLY DUMB. And you can knock KObe for all you want for his shots. But time and time again Kobe has shown that he would defer shots (last year barely averaged 20 shots per)(18 per when Malone/GP came) when there are players that deserve them. Get a real second option (not Odom) and Kobe isn't taking 28 shots per game.
bounty
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 12:16 pm    Post subject:

GMWEST wrote:
Lionel The Laker wrote:
bounty wrote:
NJ
Hawks
NYK
Seattle
Pacers

I already called that at the top of the page.

1st of lionel is funny so I wont turn this into a negative response. I do know that MY SOURCE was claiming bleep last year weeks b4 your sacred insiders here were publishing the same stories. I was the first to come out weeks ago saying the the LAKERS were in fact shopping LO, only to be crucified. I do know for a FACT that Black did say "Lo's contract is a hard one to move". FACT. I do know the listed teams are in fact teams that HAVE been contacted by the lakers. I refuse to sit here and turn this into Lionel says this I say that. Nothing happening with LO doesnt mean it wasnt attempted what it means is that 12 mil. for a player like him is hard to move for a player THE LAKERS WANT. My guy came out last year saying the Lakers had No interest in bender only to get, "Nah dude, Em, etc say they are". I am a fan of Lionels game thread posts so to turn this into anything else on my part will not happen
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 12:21 pm    Post subject:

Mostwanted wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
Quote:

Yet ...

Lamar ! Lamar ! Lamar !

WP what is so hard to you to understand?

NO one is saying that everyone else played perfect. Kobe was 10-30 or something like that. Absolutely terrible. Struggled for most of the game. His D could have been alot better overall IMO.

But in the 4th qtr. I believe he was shooting 50%. You know in the 4th qtr. he is going to bring it.

Everyone knows what the role players are going to do. They are absolute trash for the most part. They are un-reliabel and inconsistent. Kwame played well out of the role players but that's about it for the most part.

What draws the ire for Odom is he is supposed to be above the frey. He is supposed to be above the year one and two mental meltdowns.

With all of the mess ups from everyone throughout the game the Lakers were up 4 with 50 odd seconds left.

RUN THE FREAKING CLOCK DOWN. IS IT THAT FREAKING HARD. WHAT THE FREAK IS LAMAR THINKING? IS HE THINKING AT ALL. ( )

But what does Lamar do. The same thing he did a few weeks ago vs. Sacremento. You expect it from Smush, Sasha and the rest of the trash on the LAkers. You don't expect it from the second best player on the team.

Lamar is supposed to be setting an example for the younger/dumber players yet he always seems to be playing down to there level and making dumber decisions than they do.

Lakers aren't going to win with Mr. Inconsistent. To MENTALLY DUMB. And you can knock KObe for all you want for his shots. But time and time again Kobe has shown that he would defer shots (last year barely averaged 20 shots per)(18 per when Malone/GP came) when there are players that deserve them. Get a real second option (not Odom) and Kobe isn't taking 28 shots per game.

Then what you need to consider is trading the whole team because if it ain't Lamar it's going to be somebody else from what you've just stated... Sure it was Lamars fault for not running the clock but, we were still ahead even after that. Why is it that teams can go down with little or no time on the clock and automatically get enough points no matter how many they need to beat the Lakers ass? That is pittiful... Yes Lamar needs to stop (bleep) up but the Lakers are to soft and, need to toughen up on defense...
Mostwanted
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 12:51 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Then what you need to consider is trading the whole team because if it ain't Lamar it's going to be somebody else from what you've just stated...

I agree. Most of this team is trash. And there needs to be MAJOR upgrades at most of the posistions.

Quote:
Sure it was Lamars fault for not running the clock but, we were still ahead even after that. Why is it that teams can go down with little or no time on the clock and automatically get enough points no matter how many they need to beat the Lakers ass?

IIRC, Lamar had a hand in the opposing teams defense scoring down the stretch.

Quote:
That is pittiful... Yes Lamar needs to stop (bleep) up but the Lakers are to soft and, need to toughen up on defense

I agree. And I don't want to make it seem like I am primarily attacking Lamar. If the Lakers could get another solid 15-20 scorer Lamar's mental hiccups/lack of consistency become more tolerable. But how do the Lakers get help? No cap space and nothing worth trading.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 1:19 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Lionel The Laker wrote:
CrimsonLaker wrote:
Lionel,

in your opinion, do you think Odom belongs on this team?

yes as a 3rd or 4th option.

Now can you somehow get Mitch to see this too

I agree that Lamar is best suited as the 3rd or 4th option, but that can't happen here on the Lakers because of salary cap restraints. It's nearly impossible to find the necessary pieces to put around him when they don't have any cap space to work with.

I've seen supporters of Lamar bring up Rasheed Wallace in Detroit as an example. That Lamar could be a player like him for the Lakers; the "last piece" of a championship team, who just needs the right players around him. A guy who is not a franchise cornerstone, but a key contributor. Here is why the situations are completely different - Detroit already had 4 solid starters in place before Rasheed even got there.

They traded for Hamilton and Ben Wallace, they drafted Prince, and they signed Billups as a free agent. They were a decent team before 'Sheed even got there (they were 11 games over .500 and a top defensive team when they acuired him). When you have players like that, you can afford to absorb a contract like Rasheed's or Lamar's. When you're rebuilding (which is what we're doing here), you just can't afford to take on a contract like that because you don't have the cap space to build around him.

So if we sent Lamar to a team that had multiple scoring options, I'm sure he would thrive. But that's also the same reason he can't, and won't, thrive here in L.A. It just takes a very basic understanding of the way the salary cap works to realize that we can't build a championship team here with Lamar's contract on the books. He can't be that 3rd or 4th option if we can't even get a decent 2nd option.

And as much as I want to believe this article, I just can't. It's the NY Post. Not even New Yorkers take them seriously. They're a tabloid. But Frye and Bynum would be a really nice tandem, at least on paper. We'd have Bynum playing back-to-the-basket, and Frye hitting those mid-range shots, and Kobe slashing. I think they'd play off each other really well.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 1:33 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Shoes -- Wouldn't make any differance there would still exist a hate crew for somebody on the squad. "You guys" don't rest which is why "we" don't rest. In fact if "you folks" wouldn't start no (bleep) there wouldn't be no (bleep).

You have 13,445 posts. Wolfpac has 14,356 posts. Most of the people you're arguing with have fewer total posts than Wolfpac and you have made in the last six weeks.

If you want to know who starts all the "bleep" around here, look in the mirror. Most of the anti-Odom posts would flare up, then die off, if you, Wolfpac, and a couple others didn't keep them alive. I don't even read most of these threads anymore. This one caught my interest because at least it involves something that hasn't been talked to death.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 1:40 pm    Post subject:

I don't keep them alive at all.

I talk about many other things. But I will not tolerate this smear campaign going on led by Bounty and co.

That is unacceptable.

Go look at when I have ever made a thread about Lamar Odom. It's not been anything recent.

I do not start or look intiate Odom threads - positive or negative. I was dead set against the Kwame trade and yet I haven't ever started a bash Kwame thread.

But yes, if I see a couple of threads that are full Odom bashing - or any Laker for that matter - where I see unwarranted, I will say my piece.
bounty
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 2:14 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
I don't keep them alive at all.

I talk about many other things. But I will not tolerate this smear campaign going on led by Bounty and co.

That is unacceptable.

Go look at when I have ever made a thread about Lamar Odom. It's not been anything recent.

I do not start or look intiate Odom threads - positive or negative. I was dead set against the Kwame trade and yet I haven't ever started a bash Kwame thread.

But yes, if I see a couple of threads that are full Odom bashing - or any Laker for that matter - where I see unwarranted, I will say my piece.

Since you bring my name up, you have done NOTHING but give LO excuses. Its not about bashing its about LO being the HOT BUTTON issue of the season. What other topics? How the Lakers can get better? That involves LO going or LO living up to his role. Threads about the other guys? Well you claim Lo is the initiator/primary ball handler, so doesnt that leave it up to LO to get the others involved? Kobe doesnt need LO to get flowing. Should we discuss the coaching? We are not privy to practices so we have to assume PJ goes over with the team as to what has to happen. Should we start threads about Kobes shot attempts/selection? Then we will have to bring up his lack of help, primarily LO. There is only so much to talk about bynum other than we are fortunate to have him. Talk about trades? Lo is supposedly our only piece of value. You see this years frustrations for the most part revolve around LO. You cry to put him in the post, yet he cant score consistently down there. You cry how he needs the ball, yet PJ is taking a lot of that responsibility away from him due to his decision making. You cry how great his RB's are, yes they are nice but you will notice the games he was out others stepped up and our rb's compared to opponent were where they usually are. So you and THE_SHOES whine that some of us crack on LO yet you guys have no argument the other way, just excuses. Im sorry LO doesnt live up to his bargain/role. Im sorry LO isnt consistent, but those are the single most glaring problems of the team. LACK OF TALENT=LO
Fan0Bynum17
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 2:23 pm    Post subject:

how the hell can odom be untouchable? who else do the lakers have to trade to get an impact player? are they saying they should throw in the towel the next two years while kobe's prime is just wasted? odom has been nothing, but a disappointment, he isn't giving kobe the support he needs, so that salary is not being efficiently used. odom being traded is a necessity imo and why wait till later? whats the point in keeping a guy who isn't taking over any of the lakers needs, he's obviously not enough and the lakers dont have the space to just tack on more salary. i have no idea why people make sooo many excuses for him. why defend him so blindly? he's not worth it. i guess it's people's boner for all around players, even though odom isn't great at anything. i'd take a player thats great at one thing than a guy who is ok at a lot of things any day.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7
Jump to: