Cable company installers

View previous topic :: View next topic  
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:23 pm    Post subject: Cable company installers

Getting time warner cable in ny new house. There is no cable outlet in this upstairs office nook area which would be the most perfect router location. Will the cable installers do proper drops from the attic or will they just run cable around baseboards from the nearest existing cable outlet?
lakez34
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:17 pm    Post subject:

Depends on the installer. Many are subcontracted through good quality installers. But most are probably not. Spoken from anecdotal knowledge.

my difficult cable install was performed by running a cable line along the baseboard instead of the proper solution. Was told they just have to get the feed to the living space for their basic install and nothing more/less without added service calls and associated fees.
Chillin
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:46 pm    Post subject:

I used to work for TWC before they switched to Spectrum, was a supervisor in the call center. I left towards the beginning of last year. You can have a custom install if you need to wallfish. There are some qualifications and if I remember correctly they will not run a wallfish if the property is rented and I believe if its two stories as well. It obviously must have an attic. Now that it's Spectrum they may not do it at all but it doesn't hurt to ask. It was more expensive for the install so you may want to check on pricing before you have them come out and do a survey on if they will be able to run the wallfish in your home. I hope this helped.
xxsicrokerxx
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:48 pm    Post subject:

I remember when I got spectrum a few months ago. At first, it was 1 guy, and then there were 3 guys, followed by 4 guys, then it went down to 2, and then 1 again. It was really weird. When there were 4 guys they looked like they were arguing about how to do things. It was really weird. But things were figured out and done right. Even know the 1st guy looked a little annoyed like he knew what he was doing the whole time.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: