What are your top three most hated companies that you nonetheless have to deal with?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:51 pm    Post subject:

If a doctor runs your benefits ahead of time and says that everything is 100% covered outside of the co-pay, but then the claims is denied when the doctor actually files it, are you responsible for paying the bill or does the doctor just have to accept the loss?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Startrout
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:46 pm    Post subject:

- AT&T/Directv (both are the same now, but they both suck) The list of complaints, screwups, and issues I've had with them is just too long to list here. It happening now and has been a huge list of ongoing problems for over 20 years.

- Anthem Blue Cross Health Insurance. We were on the way to getting rid of these greedy bastards or at least minimizing their lack of healthcare and crazy prices by going to a more Canadian-like system, but that progress has been horribly delayed or killed by the current administration - ugh.

- Can't narrow the last one down to just one: Polluters, TSA, Resort Hotels, endangered animal or animal parts trafficking complicit businesses, the toll road company, contractors, the company I work for, etc.
Ted
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:17 pm    Post subject:

All student loan companies, in particular Fed Loan Servicing and Sallie Mae/Navient. I hope they crash and burn.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:43 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
If a doctor runs your benefits ahead of time and says that everything is 100% covered outside of the co-pay, but then the claims is denied when the doctor actually files it, are you responsible for paying the bill or does the doctor just have to accept the loss?

Your doctor can't possibly know with 100% certainty what your coverage is. Very often they'll repeat what a drug rep may say and are often wrong. Real talk. (source: did operations for several of my bro's pharmacies for several years).

You know who would be the best people to ask what your insurance covers? Your insurance...
the association
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:05 am    Post subject:

Th responses should be unanimous ...

1. DMV

2. USPS / Post Office

3. IRS

But ultimately, it's essentially the same company ... "the man". And we're the captive audience. Same company, different divisions ...
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:58 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

Your doctor can't possibly know with 100% certainty what your coverage is. Very often they'll repeat what a drug rep may say and are often wrong. Real talk. (source: did operations for several of my bro's pharmacies for several years).

You know who would be the best people to ask what your insurance covers? Your insurance...

Their representatives have given contradictory answers and they have a disclaimer that "verification of benefits and//or authorization does not guarantee payment."

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:58 pm    Post subject: Re: What are your top three most hated companies that you nonetheless have to deal with?

CandyCanes wrote:
Anthem Blue Cross has recently climbed into the #1 spot for me... $2,700 a month in premiums and yet denies every claim, or at least makes it a huge hassle.

#2 goes to Time Warner Cable for not even pretending to care about its customers.

#3 goes to United Airlines. Literally every time I've ever used them, something has gone wrong-- everything from being harassed by a flight attendant while sleeping to having a flight canceled an hour before take-off to them.

Honorable mention: Apple, for charging far more than its competitors and then not providing commensurate customer service. I feel like I pay a premium for higher quality products but don't actually get them.

Bump.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: