Jeanie Buss: Lakers Not Having An All-Star Next Year Would ‘Break My Heart'
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 17, 18, 19  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:48 pm    Post subject:

Chase.button07 wrote:
dao wrote:
nash wrote:

Dlo, Julius, Deng and Houston pick for Butler
Ingram, JC, Moz and a 2nd round pick for PG-13
Sign Blake
draft Fultz

Play Fultz, Butler, Pg13, Blake, Zubac

be happy

no broken hearts next all star game

not bad, not bad at all. However, if we get the first pick, I'd much rather keep the youth. A Fultz/Russell/Ingram/Zubac core will likely be enough to lure George in FA next offseason.

The roster you posted is strong, no doubt. But they wouldn't be true contenders imo. By the time Fultz is a legitimate star, Griffin will be washed up, And Butler will probably be on the decline as well. Butler will 28 next year, and Griffin will be 29. I don't think Fultz matches their timeline.

That's why u keep DLO and trade the pick instead. Also 1 of PG/butler is enough. That way we keep most of the young core intact

If Fultz projects to be better than DLO, and most agree he does, it's silly trading him. At that point, I'd rather let Fultz play with Griffin and PG, hopefully assume superstardom while getting playoff experience, and then try to attract Davis, Towns, etc. after Griffin and PG leave their primes.

I guess my point is, if you think Fultz is gonna be a superstar, and we get him, we don't trade him for anything.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:55 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
dao wrote:
nash wrote:

Dlo, Julius, Deng and Houston pick for Butler
Ingram, JC, Moz and a 2nd round pick for PG-13
Sign Blake
draft Fultz

Play Fultz, Butler, Pg13, Blake, Zubac

be happy

no broken hearts next all star game

not bad, not bad at all. However, if we get the first pick, I'd much rather keep the youth. A Fultz/Russell/Ingram/Zubac core will likely be enough to lure George in FA next offseason.

The roster you posted is strong, no doubt. But they wouldn't be true contenders imo. By the time Fultz is a legitimate star, Griffin will be washed up, And Butler will probably be on the decline as well. Butler will 28 next year, and Griffin will be 29. I don't think Fultz matches their timeline.

That's why u keep DLO and trade the pick instead. Also 1 of PG/butler is enough. That way we keep most of the young core intact

If Fultz projects to be better than DLO, and most agree he does, it's silly trading him. At that point, I'd rather let Fultz play with Griffin and PG, hopefully assume superstardom while getting playoff experience, and then try to attract Davis, Towns, etc. after Griffin and PG leave their primes.

I guess my point is, if you think Fultz is gonna be a superstar, and we get him, we don't trade him for anything.

If Fultz can come in and be a 18-20PPG scorer immediately then of course you absolutely keep him.
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 2:45 am    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
Bard207 wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
Sign Blake Griffin & Jrue Holliday.

Trade Randle & Clarkson.

Holliday
DLO
Nance
Blake
Zubac
Lottery #1
Houston #1

We don't have the space to sign both Blake & Holiday.

I also think a lot of people are underestimating how far away Zubac is. Luke even said today that he isn't ready to be a starter in the NBA, although the summer can change things.

Trading Clarkson and Randle frees up $16 million. Lakers would have about $48 million for FAs.

The cap holds for the two first round picks need to be deducted from your projected $48 million. Even with Holiday signing a discount contract, it is impossible to make everything fit within a $102 million salary cap.

I have an early alarm and only have time for an abbreviated version of the pro forma. At least $6 million (probably higher) for the cap holds on the first round picks. Out of time and have to go with this.

$30,000,000......Blake Griffin
$15,000,000......Jrue Holiday

$17,190,000......Luol Deng
$15,280,000......Timofey Mozgov

$7,600,000.......Corey Brewer
$5,562,360.......D'Angelo Russell
$5,519,400.......Brandon Ingram

$1,259,640.......Larry Nance Jr.
$1,081,529....... Ivica Zubac
$1,312,611....... David Nwaba

$0.....................2017 Lottery Pick
$0.....................2017 Pick #27/#28

Here's my thinking: I don't pay BG 30 million. He misses too much time. If he wants more than 25 mil, I reboot and target Ibaka. If he won't come for 18 mil, I reboot again, put Nance at the 4 and bring in Tyreke on heavy incentivized deal.

pjdiddy wrote:
We're just trading Randle and Clarkson for cap space?

Ideally, you tape Moz and Deng to their backs. If that doesn't work, deal them for picks.

Quote:

Here's my thinking: I don't pay BG 30 million. He misses too much time. If he wants more than 25 mil, I reboot and target Ibaka. If he won't come for 18 mil, I reboot again, put Nance at the 4 and bring in Tyreke on heavy incentivized deal.

Did you mention those salary numbers earlier and I somehow missed that post?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:50 am    Post subject:

M2K wrote:
Jeanie should have made the front office move BEFORE Jim and Mitch wasted millions on Deng and Mozgov.

She didn't and that is her failure
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:27 am    Post subject:

I have faith that Rob and Magic won't dissolve our entire future just to appease Jeanie.

Maybe our draft picks are getting tossed alongside with one of our young bucks but I have highly doubt they're gonna dish out our entire youth

aka ILLWiLL20

R.I.P PHIL
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:33 am    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
I have faith that Rob and Magic won't dissolve our entire future just to appease Jeanie.

Maybe our draft picks are getting tossed alongside with one of our young bucks but I have highly doubt they're gonna dish out our entire youth

Agreed. Got to give them a chance; they are basketball people. Anyway, she'd be undermining herself if she went against or overshadowed her own people.

Let them run the show. I'm just a bit surprised that they didn't jump on bringing Jerry West in as a consultant; maybe it would've been a case of too many cooks in the kitchen.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:35 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
M2K wrote:
Jeanie should have made the front office move BEFORE Jim and Mitch wasted millions on Deng and Mozgov.

According to Ding, all of the Buss kids collectively decided to not waste their cap space. Jim had other plans.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:53 am    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:

Keep her emotions in check. Lakers are about winning championship and having players getting all star nod is a by product of that.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:14 pm    Post subject:

Bard207 wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:

Did you mention those salary numbers earlier and I somehow missed that post?

No - my bad.

One of the lessons that I hope the Lakers have learned is to avoid contracts that do not make sense for the team. Better to suck on a budget than to be mediocre with a bunch of overpaid scrubs. That was one of Dr. Buss' hallmarks. The only albatross contracts that I can recall under his tenure were Elden Campbell's and Brian Grant's (acquired via trade).
Krispy Kreme
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:38 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
M2K wrote:

But you weren't critical of the Deng/Mozgov moves.

Or is this going to turn into the "i told you so" about dwight being a team killer after he signed here? Even though you predicted a finals berth. Can't be a team killer and help a team make it to the finals.

But why bother with facts.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:21 pm    Post subject:

Brian Windhorst on TrueHoop podcast says he thinks Magilinka will try and trade the entire roster. He thinks complete overhaul.
ingle
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:25 pm    Post subject:

This Jeannie and Magic pairing is making me more and more uneasy every day. When the 2 most powerful people in your organisation is known for emotional hottakes it's cause for concern

Wish we would have hired Hinkie to balance this out, Pelinka hasn't earned anyone's trust yet.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:57 pm    Post subject:

ingle wrote:
This Jeannie and Magic pairing is making me more and more uneasy every day. When the 2 most powerful people in your organisation is known for emotional hottakes it's cause for concern

Wish we would have hired Hinkie to balance this out, Pelinka hasn't earned anyone's trust yet.

LOL [AT] Hinkie.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
The Logo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:59 pm    Post subject:

How much access does Windhorst have with the Lakers? I thought he was just Lebron's access guy
Chase.button07
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:14 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Brian Windhorst on TrueHoop podcast says he thinks Magilinka will try and trade the entire roster. He thinks complete overhaul.

he has no access to the lakers. maybe now Woj has it
evelyn
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:14 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:

Mason and Ireland has been saying the same thing, big moves in the summer.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:02 pm    Post subject:

Chase.button07 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

He may or may not. What is concerning to me is he isn't the only NBA media or person around league that thinks this is what will happen and so the old saying...where there is smoke there is fire...applies here imo.
ingle
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:19 pm    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
ingle wrote:

LOL (@) Hinkie.

Extreme example but youll be wishing for hinkie when magic is standing at the press conference with his smile and a lakers carmelo jersey.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:19 pm    Post subject:

With Mitch you would know that reports like that were BS, no one knew what he had in mind. We will see if this FO is leak proof or not.
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:23 pm    Post subject:

I'm officially scared.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:25 pm    Post subject:

I have no issue trading any or all of the young players if they are moved in good trades.
awntawn
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:28 pm    Post subject:

evelyn wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Mason and Ireland has been saying the same thing, big moves in the summer.

Congratulations, we're the Nets
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:36 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
I have no issue trading any or all of the young players if they are moved in good trades.

I agree, although I would prefer to keep the young core only because it's so damn hard to pull trades off and bat 1.000 or close to it. Just a really tough way to get where you want to be. More often than not, this shortcut way fails...in any sport.

See what happens, I guess.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:23 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

He may or may not. What is concerning to me is he isn't the only NBA media or person around league that thinks this is what will happen and so the old saying...where there is smoke there is fire...applies here imo.

I don't think the new regime is looking to go into next year with this roster of soft matadors. It will be interesting to see what happens this summer, it is a god awful mess they were left to clean up.

Other than Ingram, everyone on this roster is certainly available in any reasonable deal and even Ingram could be included in the right deal.
ingle
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:45 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

I don't think the new regime is looking to go into next year with this roster of soft matadors. It will be interesting to see what happens this summer, it is a god awful mess they were left to clean up.

Other than Ingram, everyone on this roster is certainly available in any reasonable deal and even Ingram could be included in the right deal.

Agree. But i wouldnt trade ingram unless if its for an offer too good to turn down.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 18 of 19
Jump to: