The “Laker hate” is really starting to bug me!!!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Harlemlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:43 am    Post subject: The “Laker hate” is really starting to bug me!!!

Being a Lakers Fan for over 30 years, I have become accustomed to the hate and jealousy from fans of other teams, players around the league and media. Through our down years, I have expected and excepted the ridicule and the constant jokes because, with all of the success we’ve had, the haters love to kick us while we are down, I get it, but now it’s going too far!

To watch former players continue to bash us when we are clearly on the uptick. To flat out tell perspective free agents, on national TV, to not sign with us is becoming nauseating. I have never, in all of my years watching NBA basketball, seen anything like this! From Jalen Rose, to Chauncey Billiups to Reggie Miller to fat boy Charles Barkley and reporters like David Aldridge etc are basically pleading with guys to not sign with us. When has any team, that had free agent money, ever been faced with such hatred from the media? They down our young core, even though it’s proven itself to be as good or even better than any young core in the league. And unlike Philly, the Lakers accumulated their young core the right way. Not by throwing away seasons like Philly! Lebron should go to the Clippers, really? What The the he!! do the Clippers have! He should stay in Cleveland with all of these moves the Cavs have made.... really? So a young core of Rodney Hood, Clarkson, Nance and Hill, and a vet side kick of KLove is better than a young nucleus of Lonzo Ball ,Brandon Ingram, Kyle Kuzma, Julius Randle and Josh Hart with a potential sidekick of PG? FOH!!!!!

It seems like ever person that has a platform are using it to sway free agents from signing with us! Night after night, show after show, everybody putting their bid in! I usually don’t believe in Conspiracy Theories but it’s becoming painfully obvious that their is an agenda going around to do whatever it takes to make the Lakers look like an undesirable location. It’s really pissing the fu&$ off!!!!

Last edited by Harlemlakerfan on Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:49 am; edited 3 times in total
€H£M£$TR¥
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:46 am    Post subject:

I embrace Laker hate. I love the villain role.
Vishnu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:48 am    Post subject:

isn't?

€H£M£$TR¥ wrote:
I embrace Laker hate. I love the villain role.

My attitude as well. Being hated means you're relevant. I would hate it if people were indifferent.
Harlemlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:49 am    Post subject:

Vishnu wrote:
isn't?

Sorry! I was so mad, I typed the wrong thing! It has been corrected.
Fastbreak32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:51 am    Post subject:

Embrace the hate. People know we're turning the corner. Then they can all listen to Pelinka recite his own epic poem about the Lakers rising from the ashes.

"...there was a time when the Israelites were wandering in the desert and all of a sudden, bread came down from heaven,” Pelinka said. “That’s kind of what today feels like for us to have KCP join.”
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:52 am    Post subject:

Like sweet mana from Heaven...so do the tears of hate taste.

Let them flow...let them flow...

For they know we are again on the rise...

And the dawn that approaches is a harbinger of their demise.

#BannersOverBillboards
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:55 am    Post subject:

The hate tells you they think you’re doing something right.
Lakers#1Team
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:56 am    Post subject:

Harlemlakerfan wrote:
Vishnu wrote:
isn't?

Sorry! I was so mad, I typed the wrong thing! It has been corrected.

I completely agree with your take. I'm used to the hate but yesterday was extremely annoying. However, all the hate will make it so much sweeter when we get back on top. And we will.
Fastbreak32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:56 am    Post subject:

CervantesRises wrote:
Like sweet mana from Heaven...so do the tears of hate taste.

Let them flow...let them flow...

For they know we are again on the rise...

And the dawn that approaches is a harbinger of their demise.

Yes!

"...there was a time when the Israelites were wandering in the desert and all of a sudden, bread came down from heaven,” Pelinka said. “That’s kind of what today feels like for us to have KCP join.”
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:57 am    Post subject:

Don't worry.
Paul Pierce has our back!
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:57 am    Post subject:

Fastbreak32 wrote:
Embrace the hate. People know we're turning the corner. Then they can all listen to Pelinka recite his own epic poem about the Lakers rising from the ashes.

It’s good to be hated...means we are rising back up and there is fear of the PnG being back on top.

The haters know we are coming and Magic is itching to say “Bam! We are back (bleep)”
Harlemlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:59 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Don't worry.
Paul Pierce has our back!

Paul Pierce has our back.....

You know.....I'll take it!!!!
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:00 am    Post subject:

Their hate is the biggest proof that the Lakers are back.
They are afraid.
Vanquish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:01 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
The hate tells you they think you’re doing something right.

Exactly, if the hate is back, it means we're definitely on the up swing. People now see the Lakers as a threat. Any good sports team worth its salt has hate, so I will be very concerned if we weren't getting it especially with the 2 max slots opening up.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:01 am    Post subject: Re: The “Laker hate” is really starting to bug me!!!

Harlemlakerfan wrote:

It seems like ever person that has a platform are using it to sway free agents from signing with us! Night after night, show after show, everybody putting their bid in! I usually don’t believe in Conspiracy Theories but it’s becoming painfully obvious that their is an agenda going around to do whatever it takes to make the Lakers look like an undesirable location. It’s really pissing the fu&$ off!!!!

I wouldn't call it "an agenda"; more like a herd mentality. One person says a free agent shouldn't sign with us because we'll take too long to develop, and it becomes a theme everyone embraces.

Ultimately, I don't think it matters; players will do what they do. And honestly, I think this is one of those things where you see what you want to see. I've seen lots of speculation that George will come to LA. You probably don't notice that stuff because you are so attuned to the people who say he won't.
Vanquish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:03 am    Post subject: Re: The “Laker hate” is really starting to bug me!!!

activeverb wrote:
Harlemlakerfan wrote:

I wouldn't call it "an agenda"; more like a herd mentality. One person says a free agent shouldn't sign with us because we'll take too long to develop, and it becomes a theme everyone embraces.

Ultimately, I don't think it matters; players will do what they do. And honestly, I think this is one of those things where you see what you want to see. I've seen lots of speculation that George will come to LA. You probably don't notice that stuff because you are so attuned to the people who say he won't.

Wouldn't this be more fun though? If we actually do get the 2 max, the QFTOS from those eople who kept denying it would be epic!
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:03 am    Post subject:

OTOH, former players hate us because, at some point of their careers, the Lakers kicked their butts.

Barkley is a loser. Reggie Miller lost a championship to us. Jalen Rose also lost a title and got 81 dropped on his head a few years later.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:20 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
Their hate is the biggest proof that the Lakers are back.
They are afraid.

Exactly. They're in a panic.

It tells me they feel there's a higher chance of us signing a max FA than I even I do.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:22 am    Post subject:

None of these players give a rats behind what these guys say so why should it bug you? You can't expect them to say, "If I was Lebron or PG I would sign with LA." I mean come on bro...that's not going to happen. In the end, the players will sign where they think is best. Not where Charles, Billups, Reggie or Jalen thinks.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:23 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
OTOH, former players hate us because, at some point of their careers, the Lakers kicked their butts.

Barkley is a loser. Reggie Miller lost a championship to us. Jalen Rose also lost a title and got 81 dropped on his head a few years later.

Reggie and Jalen seem like huge Laker fans to me, especially Reggie since he is an LA native. I don't know what I've missed since a lot of people seem to think they are haters. Barkley is the only hater I see in the media but he hates on everyone. That's his shtick and for whatever reason, people seem to enjoy it as long as he's not talking about their team.

Just about everyone in the media wants the Lakers to be good because Lakers = ratings and attention. If the Lakers aren't contending, it is hard to find reason to talk about them 24/7 but the media personalities have already put the season on hold to talk about 2018 Lakers free agency instead.
RhodyRay
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:23 am    Post subject:

LET THEM HATE....SO LONG AS THEY FEAR!
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:25 am    Post subject:

The fact that it was through a trade with Gilbert's Cavs that the Lakers created the lion's share of cap space needed to pursue the 2 max plan is all the more majestic.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:27 am    Post subject:

The hate is pretty high right now. Nobody wants to see us rise to the top again.
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:36 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
The hate is pretty high right now. Nobody wants to see us rise to the top again.

These fools hate when we stink record-wise and keep our lottery pick and they hate us when we're near making the playoffs and they're whispers of us potentially taking the next step in FA. They're always hating. I love it.
scottpot29
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:40 am    Post subject:

I drink their tears...
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: