LAKERS -at- CLIPPERS – 4-1-17 - DIY Thoughts and :-(( Ratings

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:02 pm    Post subject: LAKERS -at- CLIPPERS – 4-1-17 - DIY Thoughts and :-(( Ratings

Sorry, guys. Traveling this weekend so while I will be able to watch the games, I'll no time to write them up. So post your thoughts here.

Those looked like some of the worst shooting lineups in the NBA out there at times for the Lakers. I don't think you've seen as many jumpers from Robinson, Black, Nance and Randle combined in a game. That didn't help the guard play, either.

Good game by Ingram, driving and hitting that midrange, which has been much improved. Kind of game we've pictured him having from the beginning. Wish that throwdown on Griffin would have went down.

Nwaba with the career high scoring. He needs to trust that jumper a little more. But some signs of life in his two-way game.

Robinson gave the Lakers some much needed energy after getting subbed in for Randle early in the first. Lakers down 17-0 came back with a huge run of their own. After the game, Luke talked about the team not being "engaged" ... that's generally a word used for Randle. Randle sat early, so Luke wasn't pleased with Randle's start. (Looked like he wasn't communicating on D.) Some three's by Randle later in the game (maybe someday his jumper will look like Blake's did tonight).

Russell and Clarkson were nonfactors. Luke liked Russell's game in the first half. He was missing good looks and passing, but had little to no confidence in the jumper in the second half. Clarkson never got to the rim consistently like he usually does. Again, those poor shooting lineups didn't do them any favors, but not good games.

Nance had some active D early on but also wasn't much of a factor. The constant lineup changes have always been tough for the young guys to adjust to.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:14 pm    Post subject:

Thanks DB.

The new FO has a eye for talent, all the new guys they bought in are really giving effort.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:14 pm    Post subject:

Also, forgot to mention... that might have been the first game I've seen the team just dump the ball to Ingram again and again and kind of get out of his way.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:15 pm    Post subject:

Everyone gets a

Mission accomplished.

TY DB
Eindhoven
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:22 pm    Post subject: Re: LAKERS -at- CLIPPERS – 4-1-17 - DIY Thoughts and :-(( Ratings

DancingBarry wrote:

Nwaba with the career high scoring. He needs to trust that jumper a little more. But some signs of life in his two-way game.

I understand about shooting form as much as open heart surgery (no, I'm no Doctor), but his jumper looks nice to me, not some broken ugly thing. With more training and confidence he may become a decent shooter.
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:22 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
Also, forgot to mention... that might have been the first game I've seen the team just dump the ball to Ingram again and again and kind of get out of his way.

I believe they should do it more often, obviously with some weakside motion

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

Bench: Caruso, Hart, Bullock, Kuzma, McGee etc
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:24 pm    Post subject: Re: LAKERS -at- CLIPPERS – 4-1-17 - DIY Thoughts and :-(( Ratings

Eindhoven wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:

I understand about shooting form as much as open heart surgery (no, I'm no Doctor), but his jumper looks nice to me, not some broken ugly thing. With more training and confidence he may become a decent shooter.

The sample size has been pretty small to view it. If anything it looks a little flat, but it certainly doesn't seem clunky.
OregonLakerGuy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:58 pm    Post subject:

Did not catch this game. Looks like I am lucky.
BROW GOAT 23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:45 pm    Post subject:

Thanks for nothing DB...
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:35 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:

Listening to some of the post practice interviews, I kinda get the vibe that lots of dudes are high on Ingram. It doesn't necessarily have to do with what he's doing from game to game. That's impressive and all, but it's the closed door stuff that seems to play a huge role. Luke in particular is always raving about his work habits, practices and approach to the game. Anyone remember Corey Brewer's first interview after being traded here? One of the first things he said about the team is that Ingram is going to be really good. That, IMO, plays a huge part in why guys are starting to look for him on the court. They are seeing something that we can't really put into analysis here.

Best part of the game to me was Blake trying to get in Ingram's head. Ingram responded later by nearly putting him on a poster. Brought a smile to my face. Good to know he responds well to that kind of BS from opponents.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:58 pm    Post subject:

D'Angelo is not the only one who forgot there was a game today
Daphanabe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:32 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Thanks DB.

The new FO has a eye for talent, all the new guys they bought in are really giving effort.

Good point. So much better than carrying dead weight like Huertas, Sacre, etc.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:46 pm    Post subject:

Daphanabe wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Thanks DB.

Good point. So much better than carrying dead weight like Huertas, Sacre, etc.

Both also played pretty solid in some spurts, but these guys are playing better more consistently.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 5:51 am    Post subject:

This is the type of game where guys like Nwaba, black and Trob flourish. It's a "do we need you back next year" kind of game and they flat out hustled. Maybe there's a good chance Trob and Nwaba return on minimum deals.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 6:57 am    Post subject:

I would keep Nwaba.
Laker7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:53 am    Post subject:

Randle, despite all his talent, is playing his way off the Lakers. His lack of energy and effort at the start of games and on the defensive end are not going to be tolerated by Magic. While guys like Clarkson, Nwaba and Robinson are way less talented, they hustle and defend. Those will be the guys the Lakers keep and guys like Randle will be gone.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:01 am    Post subject:

Randle sucks
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:02 am    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:
I would keep Nwaba.

I agree, why not?
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:06 am    Post subject:

I don't want to see Randle back on the team.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: