Work Horror Stories
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:13 am    Post subject: Work Horror Stories

With all the recent work-related threads, I wanted to find out if any of you have any work stories where things were just way messed up?

I'll start, but it needs a little set-up;
I worked at a company for 3 years as a QA Manager and the brilliant (near-senile) owners figured to bring in a Purchasing Director and have the Quality department report to her. This Purchasing Director had ZERO quality experience as no other business would be stupid enough to actually put Quality under Purchasing. Again she knew nothing about quality, but she was very quick to tell me everything I was doing was wrong!

I had my resume on Monster as she argued with me constantly about quality and the processes I had in place. I kept a record of all the negative changes she made. Anyway after 7 months I found a new job (more money & vac days) and about that time was alerted that my company was going to be having lay-offs, of which I had no doubt she was going to lay me off.

I used-up all of my sicks days and instead of giving notice, I emptied my office and started my new job, calling in sick for a few days until a contact there alerted me that the lay-offs had started. I called the HR dept and asked if they needed to see me (yes they did), so I went there at lunch time and got "laid-off" receiving 6 weeks of severance pay in the process, I went back to my new job happy! They did have a puzzled look on their faces when they asked me if I needed to empty my office and I said "NO"...lol

A few months after that I heard that a dozen people went and complained about this Purchasing Director. Hearing about that I quickly resurrected and emailed the owners the list of things she messed up and told them what everyone thought of her and how she was a horrible boss!

Right after that the company posted an ad for her position on Monster but listed the name of the company as "confidential". I figured they did that so she would not find out they were advertising for her position. I copied the posting and mailed it to her (Purchasing Director) at the business, hoping she did not know about it and so I could inflict some pain and suffering on her!

A few months later, they found her replacement and let her go. Then a few weeks after that, I get a "friend/contact" request from her on LinkedIn. I accepted it and created a multi-page letter and sent it to her (on LinkedIn), in which I insulted everything about her from her management style, to kid, to the fact that she was divorced, her looks, her face, her height (or lack thereof), every fabric of her being. It was a masterpiece of insults!

Anyway, since she was gone, I can still use that company as a reference, and I have to tell you, that telling off an ex-boss like that made me feel so empowered, rather than holding it in, it felt like a great weight was taken off my shoulders and I highly recommend doing it, as long as it does not come back to bite you! Just be sure NOT to make any threats at all, in fact I did not mention hope for her to die or anything like that. And I made it clear that this was the only time she was ever going to hear from me so she could not go to the cops and claim I was stalking her.

Alright who's next?

Last edited by unleasHell on Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:15 pm    Post subject:

You're a (bleep) (bleep).
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:06 pm    Post subject:

Can you PM me the whole letter?

That's pretty awesome of you to have done. I personally would have been scared of her sending it to my current employer or the police or something.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:13 pm    Post subject:

My work horror story a tad bit different. Was an intern at busy urban hospital. Elder gentleman came in constipated for 3 months, has been drinking laxative like it was whiskey. Long story short either I get the feces out manually or he was going to the operating room... triple gowned, triple face masked, triple gloved, I managed to 'grabbed' the solid as a rock feces that plug his anus (yes, had to use 3 or 4 fingers). Then all those pressure from drinking laxatives for 3 months exploded... sprayed chocolate lava to the wall for a solid 30 seconds. I puked, he puked, janitor was pissed as hell...
he thanked me, first bowel movement in a quarter year
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:28 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
My work horror story a tad bit different. Was an intern at busy urban hospital. Elder gentleman came in constipated for 3 months, has been drinking laxative like it was whiskey. Long story short either I get the feces out manually or he was going to the operating room... triple gowned, triple face masked, triple gloved, I managed to 'grabbed' the solid as a rock feces that plug his anus (yes, had to use 3 or 4 fingers). Then all those pressure from drinking laxatives for 3 months exploded... sprayed chocolate lava to the wall for a solid 30 seconds. I puked, he puked, janitor was pissed as hell...

How is it even biologically possible to not have a bowel movement in three months?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:37 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
governator wrote:

How is it even biologically possible to not have a bowel movement in three months?

His belly was so distended and mildly tensed. He was a poor candidate for surgery. I think another week or two, he would've started vomiting fecal materials
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:09 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
governator wrote:

His belly was so distended and mildly tensed. He was a poor candidate for surgery. I think another week or two, he would've started vomiting fecal materials

Are you a doctor now? Were you post-MD at the time or still in med school/undergrad?

governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:34 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
governator wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
governator wrote:

Are you a doctor now? Were you post-MD at the time or still in med school/undergrad?

I was an intern doc at the time
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:24 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:

That's pretty awesome of you to have done. I personally would have been scared of her sending it to my current employer or the police or something.

Sure, but let me remove the employer name and .

I don't have my current employer posted, so she can't do that (I also considered that as well). I tried to make the letter about how she made me feel and how it was only my opinions. I was also worried about her trying to sue me (for slander), so I did not distribute it anywhere nor let anyone who knew her read it. Plus most of the work related stuff was factual and I could get workers there to back me up. This whole matter happened about 4 years ago, so I have kept it quiet until now.

Lastly, please leave any feedback here after you've read it (thanks)

CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:36 pm    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

Sure, but let me remove the employer name and .

I don't have my current employer posted, so she can't do that (I also considered that as well). I tried to make the letter about how she made me feel and how it was only my opinions. I was also worried about her trying to sue me (for slander), so I did not distribute it anywhere nor let anyone who knew her read it. Plus most of the work related stuff was factual and I could get workers there to back me up. This whole matter happened about 4 years ago, so I have kept it quiet until now.

Lastly, please leave any feedback here after you've read it (thanks)

I had a somewhat similar situation when I was a freshman in college and on the debate team. This girl didn't have a partner for a tournament she wanted to go to, so the coach called me two nights before the tournament and asked me if I could do him a favor by going. I said yes.

She turned out to be a complete psycho and screamed at me/berated me constantly. I was obviously pissed when I got home and vented by writing a detailed account of the entire thing on my Facebook page (set to friends only), without using her name and obviously not having her added. I used multiple profane words to describe her: (bleep) Neanderthal, a word that rhymes with witch, etc.

Anyway, she ended up getting a copy of it somehow and reported it to both the debate coach AND the director of the program, who was a professor. They called me in under false pretenses and then the director proceeded to yell at for over an hour and threaten me with expulsion from Cornell "under the anti-bullying policy." It was one of the most ridiculous things I had ever seen-- not just the fact that I had obviously not been the aggressor, but especially that they had no problem with just invading someone's privacy like that.

Anyway, since then, I've been paranoid about doing the sort of thing you did for fear of being doxxed. Yours is actually worse since you said it directly to her.

unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:39 pm    Post subject:

Wow, that sucks Candy, but I can totally see them taking the chicks side of the story..

Hey I PM'd it to you!
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:40 pm    Post subject:

Reading it right now. Do you really have over forty years of work experience or was that a typo?

CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:49 pm    Post subject:

That was awesome.

Best lines were the part about meeting for drinks to celebrate her firing and this:

Quote:
So, let me end this love-fest with some free advice: (1) Get long-term psychological help, and (2) Take your fat-distorted hobbit body, your shrieking witch-laugh (the one that sent shivers down the spines of everyone on the 2nd floor), the gallons of bondo that you (unsuccessfully) try to hide your moon-sized face-craters with and waddle back to the Shire and nevermore attempt to work around normal people ever again!

unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:58 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Reading it right now. Do you really have over forty years of work experience or was that a typo?

I had a paper route at 12, so being in my 50's I have worked for over 40 years..

Cheers.. glad you liked it..!
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:11 am    Post subject:

>Money-wise, I was already doing better than most college educated people

>almost had enough saved up to retire and then pass wealth on to the next 3 or 4 generations of my family, should I choose to do so

>kind of have this uncanny knack for BSing my way into or out of jobs and contracts

>everyone finds me interesting, for some reason, even though I really am just this empty, nihilistic, self-serving prick. I think I might be too lazy for any truly challenging work so I just exploit the avenues afforded me by this unique talent...at the time i was stuck in this high-profile hospitality job that I'd milked for all its worth

>Apply to to this non-profit that rejected me a few years back, even though it's a 3-4 hour drive from my house. Somehow get hired this time because the company's brain trust are skeevy a-holes, and the only other applicant was this boring straight-laced intellectual type with zero flair

>my second month on the job

>everyone expects me to just fit in and do stuff even though I haven't been trained sufficiently with zero experience to go on

>really unqualified, to be honest, and i've already bungled a ton of my sign-on duties

>i'm starting to feel like people are getting wise that I shouldn't have gotten past the interview to begin with

>co-workers hate me...I just know it, even though they're nice to my face

>always have this creeping feeling that someone's going to blow me out of the water

>Getting increasingly anxious everytime I show up at the office

>regularly looking over my shoulder

>everyday at work sucks so much. I have the utmost contempt for the people I'm supposed to be working for

>applicant whom I beat out would probably have done fine but someone convinced all of the entry-level people that she was a conniving (bleep)

>they bought it without question and voiced their concerns to management

>Annoyed by how stupid and petty they are, I find it works to just keep feeding them BS to keep the suits happy

>go to bed every night wondering how the (bleep) i'm going to get through the next day

>able to sleep only after I've finished venting on social media

>if I lose this job, I'll still be affluent and well-liked by people who are too gullible and uneducated to ever reach my station in life

>now people are slowly finding out that the Russians helped me get elected

Read the first letter of every new line.
Hammett
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:48 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
governator wrote:

Better question:

why would you wait 3 months before seeking help?
Dladi Vidac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:11 am    Post subject:

unleasH, something's wrong with you. CC, you too, but you're just a kid. I'm pretty sure unleashed is at least in his 40s. That's some 999 pee-throwin level (bleep). And once again in defense, just like CC, 999 was just a kid when he did that. You're (bleep) old.
lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:43 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:

Holy (bleep)!
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 4:33 pm    Post subject:

Dladi Vidac wrote:
unleasH, something's wrong with you. CC, you too, but you're just a kid. I'm pretty sure unleashed is at least in his 40s. That's some 999 pee-throwin level (bleep). And once again in defense, just like CC, 999 was just a kid when he did that. You're (bleep) old.

The fact that unleashed doesn't think his conduct is egregious with over 40 years of "professional" work experience is a little troublesome. I wouldn't expect a high school student to act like that let alone someone who has been in the work force for that long.

Also Candycanes how are you a millennial still think anything posted online is private and let alone a facebook post regardless of privacy settings think that is an invasion of privacy?
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 4:56 pm    Post subject:

nickuku wrote:
Dladi Vidac wrote:

The fact that unleashed doesn't think his conduct is egregious with over 40 years of "professional" work experience is a little troublesome. I wouldn't expect a high school student to act like that let alone someone who has been in the work force for that long.

Also Candycanes how are you a millennial still think anything posted online is private and let alone a facebook post regardless of privacy settings think that is an invasion of privacy?

You think private Facebook statuses aren't private?...

unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 5:20 pm    Post subject:

nickuku wrote:
Dladi Vidac wrote:

Both of you are funny, I guess you both let bosses walk all over you, insult you, lay you off, and then believe that the "mature" thing to do is sit there and take it? Really? I suspect, neither of you have ever been in the same situation OR neither of you have any self-respect! It's called standing up for your rights!

Now, I'm not judging you, the way you have done me, I am simply stating that your statements sound real harsh and judgmental when YOU can hide behind the anonymousness of the internet, while I faced my ex-boss and told her to her face EXACTLY what I thought of her!

By the way, having self respect has nothing to do with age, and while I do NOT wish the same happens to either of you, perhaps you will not act like sheep if it does and you will remember this thread and how myself and Candy stood up for ourselves...
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 5:29 pm    Post subject:

Going to work on a Monday.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 5:34 pm    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
nickuku wrote:
Dladi Vidac wrote:

Both of you are funny, I guess you both let bosses walk all over you, insult you, lay you off, and then believe that the "mature" thing to do is sit there and take it? Really? I suspect, neither of you have ever been in the same situation OR neither of you have any self-respect! It's called standing up for your rights!

Now, I'm not judging you, the way you have done me, I am simply stating that your statements sound real harsh and judgmental when YOU can hide behind the anonymousness of the internet, while I faced my ex-boss and told her to her face EXACTLY what I thought of her!

By the way, having self respect has nothing to do with age, and while I do NOT wish the same happens to either of you, perhaps you will not act like sheep if it does and you will remember this thread and how myself and Candy stood up for ourselves...

There's nothing that you did that involves "self-respect". Self-respect is about rising above the BS - not lowering yourself to the lowest to lash out in spite.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
lakeshow03
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 5:55 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
unleasHell wrote:
nickuku wrote:
Dladi Vidac wrote:

There's nothing that you did that involves "self-respect". Self-respect is about rising above the BS - not lowering yourself to the lowest to lash out in spite.

Agreed. I've hated my share of nasty co workers/bosses before but I would never imagine going berating them about their divorce, kids or their looks, there's nothing courageous about that. And what did CC do to stand up for himself? He went to everyone else but her and complained about her behind her back in a attention seeking post. I would chalk it up to being a college freshman at the time, but the fact he thinks what you did is cool shows his maturity level
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 6:06 pm    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
nickuku wrote:
Dladi Vidac wrote:

Instead of approaching her or her boss with your concerns you chose to do a bunch of things behind her and the company's back. Maybe she added you to linkedin because she thought you didn't have a problem with her? Instead of turning down the linkedin connection you had to accept just so you can hurl some juvenile insults at her.

Everyone's been mistreated at work at one time or another. Being an (bleep) is not the only way to not "get stepped on" and I'd argue that it makes you look foolish and burns bridges. I hope to god you never cross paths with her again for your sake and hers.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: