would you trade all our top assets (top 3 & 27 pick, DLO, BI, Randle, Zubac, Clarkson, Nance) for 3 "all-stars"
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nomoreshaq
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:12 pm    Post subject: would you trade all our top assets (top 3 & 27 pick, DLO, BI, Randle, Zubac, Clarkson, Nance) for 3 "all-stars"

thought of 3 all-stars off the top of my head that have at least been somewhat rumored to be on the block: pg13, lillard, drummond.

for trade purposes, we'd jettison moz and deng too.

pretty much entire roster would be flushed, we'd have 3 good players and we'd fill the rest up with whatever pelinka and magic could muster.
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:14 pm    Post subject:

Busts and scrubs for All-Stars. Duh!
SwissLakerFan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:14 pm    Post subject:

I would trade our entire roster if you gave me Lillard, PG13 and Drummond. That's a pipedream though becaue I don't see how the Lakers have the assets to land those 3 guys.

I believe those 3 with some role players around them would win 50 games in the West. Drummond is a top rim protector. Lillard a top PG. And PG13 a top wing.
Fracture
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:15 pm    Post subject:

3 all stars for what we have? Where do I sign?
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:16 pm    Post subject: Re: would you trade all our top assets (top 3 & 27 pick, DLO, BI, Randle, Zubac, Clarkson, Nance) for 3 "all-stars"

nomoreshaq wrote:
thought of 3 all-stars off the top of my head that have at least been somewhat rumored to be on the block: pg13, lillard, drummond.

pretty much entire roster would be flushed, we'd have 3 good players and we'd fill the rest up with whatever pelinka and magic could muster.

Question for clarification: that "top 3 pick" would be No.1 correct? If so, no thanks.
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:17 pm    Post subject:

I want to keep Brandon Ingram at all costs, I think he's going to be a star in this league. I really really want to keep DLO because I've become a huge fan of his. Anyone else can go for the betterment of the team.

All-Stars don't win championships anymore, all-stars are now considered good supporting cast. You need superstars to win, Lebron, Durant, Curry, Kawhi type of players. Those guys won't be on the trade block and anyone on the tradeblock isn't going to be good enough to change the Lakers on their own otherwise they'd be doing that for the team they are currently on.
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:08 pm    Post subject:

Great, we could start Sash Vujacic at SG and have Luke be a player coach and start at PF.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:16 pm    Post subject:

That would be awfully tough to pull off. Even if it did look good on paper, no guarantees. We have seen it fail many times. Rather hold on to the up and coming guys tbh.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:46 am    Post subject:

not all all-stars are created equal

depends on the all-stars

if the end goal is Paul George, Jimmy Butler, and Blake Griffin -- no thank you.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:02 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:

depends on the all-stars

if the end goal is Paul George, Jimmy Butler, and Blake Griffin -- no thank you.

That's a pretty good team right there. Paul George, 2-way star. Jimmy Butler, 2-way star with a few years on his contract. Blake, a really good stretch 4.

Bill Simmons mentioned that he would love to see Blake as a small ball 5, but that would never happen because of Deandre is on his team. If we had those three you mention and slide them up one, with Blake at 5, PG-13 at 4, and Butler at 3 that will spell trouble for many teams in the league. That alone isn't a championship team, but that's a great place to start. Maybe even WCF.

With that said, I am really high on some of our young guys, especially Ingram, so my asking price would start at "young star who has yet to hit his prime" for some of our guys.
lewis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:15 am    Post subject:

Drummond looked awful this season. He doesn't do anything good besides rebounding. At least guys like Gobert and DeAndre offer rim protection, Drummond does not.

I would just send Russell, Clarkson, Randle and this year pick (if we get him) for PG13 and Lillard.

Lillard PG13 Ingram Nance Zubac
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:53 am    Post subject: Re: would you trade all our top assets (top 3 & 27 pick, DLO, BI, Randle, Zubac, Clarkson, Nance) for 3 "all-stars"

nomoreshaq wrote:

For Anthony Davis, Westbrook and PG13 I'd trade the farm keeping Zu because he is going to be inducted into the hall of fame for sure

For generic all stars without any franchise changers I'd keep at least a couple of blue chip young prospects.

I hate the idea of going forward with our current roster (plus picks) too much of a college team.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:24 am    Post subject:

Lillard has not been an All Star since 2015, Drummond made it one time 2 years ago.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:32 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Lillard has not been an All Star since 2015, Drummond made it one time 2 years ago.

This is the issue with these kinds of proposals. More often than not, it's perception of a player or thinking of "names" based on some past performance. There aren't many players where it would be worth it to gut the young core.

Going after these types of trades will lead you to New York Knicks hell.
Tony Anapolis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:36 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:

depends on the all-stars

I agree about Griffin, but not Butler and George. If we could get Butler, George, and perhaps say keep DLO I would be happy. But probably impossible?
crucifixion
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:44 am    Post subject:

Well ignoring the obvious such as which all stars and of course now the reality of losing our pick, I would say no only because I want to keep Zu and Nance no matter what. Not that I think they are all stars or anything but to be a championship team you need role players. Not just any role players, but the type that are content in their role and are on cost controlled contracts, and will more than likely accept cheaper deals to stay.

Dlo, Ingram, Julius? Ship em out if we get a big 3
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:46 am    Post subject:

Hell no. Lillard needs McCollum beside him to be truly effective. You guys are tired of DLO's streakiness?? Lillard is streaky af. And he can't play a lick of defense.

Drummond is good, but not worth gutting the roster.

PG13? The bids on him will be ridiculous and he's not going to go to a totally gutted team outside of Drummond and Lillard. Note to tank guys - it would be nice if this young core learns to win games and win them often, because that just might land him as a free agent. Beside a couple superstars we developed ourselves. PG13 > Fultz or Ball. F the tank, Lakers need wins.
fontana3d
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:56 am    Post subject:

TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
Hell no. Lillard needs McCollum beside him to be truly effective. You guys are tired of DLO's streakiness?? Lillard is streaky af. And he can't play a lick of defense.

Drummond is good, but not worth gutting the roster.

PG13? The bids on him will be ridiculous and he's not going to go to a totally gutted team outside of Drummond and Lillard. Note to tank guys - it would be nice if this young core learns to win games and win them often, because that just might land him as a free agent. Beside a couple superstars we developed ourselves. PG13 > Fultz or Ball. F the tank, Lakers need wins.

The problem is that we need to finish the tank because without our pick we can't trade for an all star.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:40 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
tox wrote:

depends on the all-stars

That's a pretty good team right there. Paul George, 2-way star. Jimmy Butler, 2-way star with a few years on his contract. Blake, a really good stretch 4.

Bill Simmons mentioned that he would love to see Blake as a small ball 5, but that would never happen because of Deandre is on his team. If we had those three you mention and slide them up one, with Blake at 5, PG-13 at 4, and Butler at 3 that will spell trouble for many teams in the league. That alone isn't a championship team, but that's a great place to start. Maybe even WCF.

With that said, I am really high on some of our young guys, especially Ingram, so my asking price would start at "young star who has yet to hit his prime" for some of our guys.

Yeah, it would be a pretty good team. A pretty good team which has no real shot at the championship since we'll have gutted our depth to acquire it. But yes, a pretty good team.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:44 am    Post subject:

Tony Anapolis wrote:
tox wrote:

depends on the all-stars

I agree about Griffin, but not Butler and George. If we could get Butler, George, and perhaps say keep DLO I would be happy. But probably impossible?

I mean I like both of them a lot (agreed with you on Griffin). But seriously:
Steph > Butler
KD > George
Draymond + Klay > Griffin + whoever our 4th would be

and the Warriors have better depth.

And it's not like our roster would have any upside. Keeping DLO for upside would be a bit better, but I don't think he'll be good enough to push them over either. If we got to keep, say, Fultz (assuming the hype around him as a legit future star delivers), I could be persuaded though.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:58 am    Post subject:

Westbrook, George and Cousins.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:59 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Westbrook, George and Cousins.

PG13 would want out. WB/Boogie mutually destroy each other on the court.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:03 am    Post subject:

Sure for Lebron, Gobert and Leonard.
Gomur
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:23 am    Post subject:

All our prospects for 3 All-Stars sounds like a deal you do 90% of the time. As others have said, it also depends on the all stars.

But I do have to ask.... why trade for what you can sign in free agency? Imagine if we simply add PG13 to this team.
E_Wulf420
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:05 am    Post subject:

Gomur wrote:
All our prospects for 3 All-Stars sounds like a deal you do 90% of the time. As others have said, it also depends on the all stars.

But I do have to ask.... why trade for what you can sign in free agency? Imagine if we simply add PG13 to this team.

If the FO really believes they can land George in free agency I believe they pick Ball with the #2 or trade the pick for another young upcoming star.
2018 roster could be
Ball/Russell/Ingram/PG/Zubac
Randle,Nance, Clarkson, and 27th pick off bench.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: