would you trade all our top assets (top 3 & 27 pick, DLO, BI, Randle, Zubac, Clarkson, Nance) for 3 "all-stars"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:59 am    Post subject:

If you can get three under 30 All-Stars I'd trade the whole roster, but it's not a realistic scenario. The main thing I don't want to see is the Lakers making a panic trade where they give up too much and can't get over the hump while sacrificing their future. But if they can find good deals, then by all means make them.
ElginBaylor
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:47 am    Post subject:

Yeah, let's follow the Spurs model and try to trade our way into a decades long dynasty...

Wait,

That's exactly the opposite of what the Spurs did, or any other well-run successful franchise in the history of sports.
Big Game James
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:54 am    Post subject:

SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:47 am    Post subject:

SwissLakerFan wrote:
I would trade our entire roster if you gave me Lillard, PG13 and Drummond. That's a pipedream though becaue I don't see how the Lakers have the assets to land those 3 guys.

I believe those 3 with some role players around them would win 50 games in the West. Drummond is a top rim protector. Lillard a top PG. And PG13 a top wing.

this guy gets it.
giordan0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:24 am    Post subject:

ElginBaylor wrote:
Yeah, let's follow the Spurs model and try to trade our way into a decades long dynasty...

Wait,

That's exactly the opposite of what the Spurs did, or any other well-run successful franchise in the history of sports.

Indeed.

None of the aforementioned trio is Tier 1 in the Superstar charts.
omzzzzz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:52 am    Post subject:

The real question here is if all of those assets combined can get us Jimmy Butler and Paul George, while leaving us enough cap room to get a third star. If it were possible, I'd say yes. However, I don't think it is. We need more draft picks.
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:00 pm    Post subject:

No
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:19 pm    Post subject:

Still have no bench. You wouldn't beat spurs or GSW. Those guys would break down in 3-5 yrs. You likely would have traded all your future picks for the near future. You would end up like the Nets with no future after your allstars break down.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:24 pm    Post subject:

J.C. Smith wrote:
If you can get three under 30 All-Stars I'd trade the whole roster, but it's not a realistic scenario. The main thing I don't want to see is the Lakers making a panic trade where they give up too much and can't get over the hump while sacrificing their future. But if they can find good deals, then by all means make them.

Let's assume those young players would net us Paul George, Jimmy Butler and Cousins. Deng and Mozgov would have to go out with the youngsters so we should be able to sign Blake Griffin as a FA. And let's say we can squeeze in Patty Mills as a FA.

Mills
Butler
George
Griffin
Cousins
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:10 pm    Post subject:

^^why dont we keep zub and sign Jrue

Butler
George
Blake Griffin
Zubac
Jrue Holiday
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:18 pm    Post subject:

ElginBaylor wrote:

Wait,

I really d
ReaListik
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:37 pm    Post subject:

No. Aside from LeBron, there are no legends currently out there anyway. 3 all stars isn't enough to take out GSW. You might as well wait and draft successfully and hope you get the next legend who will take the torch from LeBron. You need a player on the team currently who is capable of legendary status to go along with the 3 all stars. That player does not exist on the Lakers currently.
Gellollo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:46 pm    Post subject:

Plot twist: the 3 all stars are Melo, Paul Millsap, and Kevin Love
matrixskillz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:49 pm    Post subject:

Every day and twice on Sunday.

"I GOT WHEATIES!"
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:02 pm    Post subject:

Not necessarily. Depends on who the All-Stars are.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:21 pm    Post subject:

I would settle for George and Anthony Davis
foshowtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:32 pm    Post subject: Re: would you trade all our top assets (top 3 & 27 pick, DLO, BI, Randle, Zubac, Clarkson, Nance) for 3 "all-stars"

nomoreshaq wrote:
thought of 3 all-stars off the top of my head that have at least been somewhat rumored to be on the block: pg13, lillard, drummond.

for trade purposes, we'd jettison moz and deng too.

pretty much entire roster would be flushed, we'd have 3 good players and we'd fill the rest up with whatever pelinka and magic could muster.

I may be in the minority, but I wouldnt.
I still dont see that team beating GSW in the short term, and by the time GSW's run is done then that team may also already be falling apart.

To me, DLO and BI are showing signs of emerging, and they also play well together. In a couple of years, those two may be better than the guys on that list.

Moreover, you would be adding another high end talent in the draft this year.

You would also have ZU and Nance on that squad. You would have the rest of our pieces to build around those guys.

This team would start coming into its own when GSW and Cleveland should be waning.

However, I could totally see why most people would want the three All Stars right away.
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:57 pm    Post subject:

This is so hypothetical, but yes...in a heartbeat. But outside of Ingram I don't see any GM out there willing to trade for what we have. These youngsters just aren't that good IMO.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:56 pm    Post subject:

kwase wrote:
This is so hypothetical, but yes...in a heartbeat. But outside of Ingram I don't see any GM out there willing to trade for what we have. These youngsters just aren't that good IMO.

Really? Russell and Ingram seem to doing well for their age, at least based on numbers some have shared on LG. Even zubac in limited minutes showed great promise.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:43 pm    Post subject:

Sure. Give me:
Pg
Klay
Wall
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:03 pm    Post subject:

Gellollo wrote:
Plot twist: the 3 all stars are Melo, Paul Millsap, and Kevin Love

EEEEEEEWWWWWWW GROSS
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:42 pm    Post subject:

kwase wrote:

We can always have our pipedreams every off season. Other GMs will only be interested if our young talent pan out. By that time, we won't be looking for trades but signing them and that's the most ideal scenario that I rather Lakers be than wasting our young talents for a run at playoffs.
Laker Junkie
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:18 pm    Post subject:

Suggested this in the FA thread.

If we get a top 3 pick, I'd trade it with Randle to the Bulls for JB. And, then sign PG13 in summer of next year.

Bulls get a chance to start over with a top 3 pick and another legit young asset. PG13 has more incentive to wait till FA now that Butler is on the team.

Dlo
BI
PG13
JB
Nance/Zubac
DShotMaker1824
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:45 pm    Post subject:

I'd trade anybody not named Ingram. But if I was trading anybody I'd trade for the Klaw, Durantula and the Greek Freak (at PG) .

Have Mosgov around that and I think they'll be fine.

"Through the legs to the left, through the legs to the right, we don't run them Laker plays, we just Kobe fadeaway..."
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:30 pm    Post subject: Re: would you trade all our top assets (top 3 & 27 pick, DLO, BI, Randle, Zubac, Clarkson, Nance) for 3 "all-stars"

foshowtime wrote:
nomoreshaq wrote:
thought of 3 all-stars off the top of my head that have at least been somewhat rumored to be on the block: pg13, lillard, drummond.

for trade purposes, we'd jettison moz and deng too.

pretty much entire roster would be flushed, we'd have 3 good players and we'd fill the rest up with whatever pelinka and magic could muster.

I may be in the minority, but I wouldnt.
I still dont see that team beating GSW in the short term, and by the time GSW's run is done then that team may also already be falling apart.

To me, DLO and BI are showing signs of emerging, and they also play well together. In a couple of years, those two may be better than the guys on that list.

Moreover, you would be adding another high end talent in the draft this year.

You would also have ZU and Nance on that squad. You would have the rest of our pieces to build around those guys.

This team would start coming into its own when GSW and Cleveland should be waning.

However, I could totally see why most people would want the three All Stars right away.

yea this is a good point. you have to consider the teams you have to beat. even if we got 2 top tier stars, we still wouldn't necessarily beat GSW, who arguably have 5-7 top tier players. so it's a big mountain to climb. even the spurs who are stacked are no shoo-in. so it's a great point. this isn't kobe and lamar, who need one more piece like pau.

it's not an easy decision to make, there's a lot of complex long term things to think about. if i'm being pessimistic, this is why i say the veto screwed us big time. we are just another team, like philly, trying to beat the warriors. now, our brand goes a long way so we'll see how that plays out. things can change in an instant in la la land.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: