MWP: The Lakers are the next Warriors
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:48 am    Post subject:

Worthy42 wrote:
They also had Monte who at that time was a 25ppg scorer in a JC-on steroids mold if you will, taking a lot of pressure off Steph and Klay coming into the league.

Monte was one of those net negative guys overall but he drew the attention of the opposition and also the love of their fans, thats why their owner was booed to the moon when they moved him on an analytics decision to acquire Bogut and to free up more time for Steph.

26-56
36-46
23-43

They certainly weren't taylor made from the start...
you are correct. And guess who our Monte was? Lou williams.
LAkers 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:00 pm    Post subject:

pmacla wrote:
Reason Warriors became what they are is Steph Curry's ankles early in his career and being able to sign him to what is now a steal of a deal. If he wasnt on such a cheap deal they can never put togetehr the team they did

I agree with this statement. The Warriors are fortunate that Stephen Curry's play is so much greater than his cap hit. The Warriors can afford to not only build around their 3 stars, but add a fourth in Durant. As for the Lakers, I don't see any of them taking a pay cut. They'll still be very young when they get their second contract and they'll all want to get paid unless one of them decides, to paraphrase LA Kings GM Dean Lombardi once called players that he wanted to sacrifice for the team, that he wants to have "Lakers tattooed on his @$$". The front office will have to juggle the cap around in a few years when everyone is off their rookie contract to be able to build and keep the team.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:04 pm    Post subject:

DaGreatKobe wrote:
LilJay24 wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Most people will roll their eyes about Metta's comments, but they also pretend GSW became great overnight. The truth is the first winning record for this GSW team was in 2012-2013. This was Steph's 4th season, Klay's 2nd, and Green and Barnes were rookies. They did not become real contenders for another 2 years. I think we are in a very good position for the future, but it does not happen overnight. GSW put the blueprint in front of everyone, why are we in such a rush that we cannot follow it?

I think the fans are pretty patient. We just aren't sure if the new front office is. The front office is after the big fish. The corporations and celebrities who buy the expensive season seats. Going to Laker games just isn't as sexy as it used to be. You won't be seen on national TV nearly as often.

That's why I'll never understand the logic of Jeanie saying really dumb (bleep) like "I'd be so sad if we don't have an all-star next season".

Women, most of your fan base is finally patient for the first time in ever and you decide to say stuff like that?? She always has all these power trips in her head that I don't think anyone really understands, not even Magic/Pelinka or Mitch/Jim but if we trade for an all-star in a panic trade, we all know where the push really came from.

What's wrong with her statement? It doesn't mean to say that she doesn't believe that we have an All-star on our roster currently. Or that we can sign one without affecting our core this off-season. Although pickings are slim this summer. Having an all-star makes her job on the business side much easier, and in expanding our fanbase.

Her job isn't on the business side, she has run the Lakers since Dr Buss died. She has been the one in charge. Simple fact that gets ignored.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: