OFFICIAL 2017 NBA PLAYOFF EDITION
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46 ... 460, 461, 462  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:46 am    Post subject:

BobbyB wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Oh please. Droz is a massive improvement than whatever we had out there.

I gave this example yesterday.

No one here would say Ryan Anderson is better than Blake Griffin. But to the Rockets Ryan Anderson is a perfect fit and makes them better as a team and individually because of a specific fit.

DeRozan is better than Nick Young you are right. But Nick Young's specific skills are better suited for this team than DeRozan.

It's not swaggy vs Droz. Its Deng vs Droz. Not even close (either way but def with respect to Deng).
Chase.button07
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:49 am    Post subject:

BobbyB wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

No one here would say Ryan Anderson is better than Blake Griffin. But to the Rockets Ryan Anderson is a perfect fit and makes them better as a team and individually because of a specific fit.

DeRozan is better than Nick Young you are right. But Nick Young's specific skills are better suited for this team than DeRozan.

This is the same logic where mozgov is better then Gortat/Monroe?
BobbyB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:49 am    Post subject:

yeah but doesn't DeRozan play 2 guard?

He would have been in place of Swaggy starting. Deng still would have started next to DeRozan.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:50 am    Post subject:

BobbyB wrote:

He would have been in place of Swaggy starting. Deng still would have started next to DeRozan.

No swaggy would play the "3". You would at worst have a Dlo/droz/Ingram core going forward.
BobbyB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:51 am    Post subject:

Chase.button07 wrote:
BobbyB wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

This is the same logic where mozgov is better then Gortat/Monroe?

Chase you are a funny guy.

There has never been a time I said Moz is better than Gortat and Monroe....

I said they are on the same tier.

Don't be fooled by Monroe having a couple good games OFF THE BENCH!! against a slow footed center in VAlanciunas, Alongside a great defensive team. He makes 17 million to come off the bench!!! He is no better or worse than Mozgov stop reaching.
BobbyB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:52 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
BobbyB wrote:

No swaggy would play the "3". You would at worst have a Dlo/droz/Ingram core going forward.

I get it but didn't Swaggy start at the 2 this season?

so you are saying are lineup would have been

Russell
Droz
Young
Deng
Mozgov??
BobbyB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:55 am    Post subject:

actually I'm sorry Yinoma. You meant we would have DRoz instead of Deng...

so our lineup would have been

Russell.
DRoz
Young
Ingram
Moz

right?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:10 am    Post subject:

BobbyB wrote:
actually I'm sorry Yinoma. You meant we would have DRoz instead of Deng...

so our lineup would have been

Russell.
DRoz
Young
Ingram
Moz

right?

No Jules starting at pf. Ingram overtakes young and starts at sf. Young is a FA anyways so we have an awesome for of Droz/dlo/Ingram/Jules/Zub/nance going forward. Plenty of trade pieces still. Heck could trade for pg13 and still have young pieces.
BynumForThree
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:25 am    Post subject:

Watching last night made me realize how special Lebron is. I can't believe he's human.

Maybe in terms of resume he falls behind Jordan but in terms of production on the court? Lebron and Jordan are in a tier of their own.
BobbyB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:26 am    Post subject:

BynumForThree wrote:
Watching last night made me realize how special Lebron is. I can't believe he's human.

Maybe in terms of resume he falls behind Jordan but in terms of production on the court? Lebron and Jordan are in a tier of their own.

For sure Lebron has huge impact on the game and its not even close in comparison to other players...I don't think people are joking when they claim you can put LeBron on a Dleague team and they would be competing for a title.

He makes everyone around him better and jobs easier.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:27 am    Post subject:

I'm glad we dodged the bullet of "winning" a 27% 3pt shooting 2 guard at maximum salary.

DeRozan is more of a Clippers centerpiece than a Lakers star player.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:40 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
I'm glad we dodged the bullet of "winning" a 27% 3pt shooting 2 guard at maximum salary.

Good lord this crap again. So you rather have Deng?
BobbyB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:41 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

Good lord this crap again. So you rather have Deng?

I think a lot of people would rather have neither of them. Who else was available??/ we should have resigned LIn!!
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:46 am    Post subject:

BobbyB wrote:
BynumForThree wrote:

For sure Lebron has huge impact on the game and its not even close in comparison to other players...I don't think people are joking when they claim you can put LeBron on a Dleague team and they would be competing for a title.

He makes everyone around him better and jobs easier.

Lebron is putting together a 3-4 year portion of his career that rivals Shaw's 3-4 year period of dominance. Very Kobe-like determination.
ahaider
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:55 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
I love how we (of Mozdeng infamy) are taking shots at Droz and pg13. They're in the playoffs while we are praying that the ping pong balls fall our way again.

It's the if you're not a superstar, you don't belong on the Lakers argument. I'd be ecstatic to have PG-13 on our team.

"The key to good decision making is not knowledge. It is understanding. We are swimming in the former. We are desperately lacking in the latter." - Malcom Gladwell
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:58 am    Post subject:

ahaider wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
I love how we (of Mozdeng infamy) are taking shots at Droz and pg13. They're in the playoffs while we are praying that the ping pong balls fall our way again.

It's the if you're not a superstar, you don't belong on the Lakers argument. I'd be ecstatic to have PG-13 on our team.

Which is what led us to signing Moz/Deng after whiffing year after year.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:59 am    Post subject:

Rondo out indefinitely with fractured thumb. This bodes well for the hated Celts.

Bulls' Rajon Rondo suffers fractured thumb, out indefinitely

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/19209575/rajon-rondo-chicago-bulls-indefinitely-broken-thumb

Last edited by pio2u on Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:01 am; edited 1 time in total
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:00 am    Post subject:

ahaider wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Well some don't even think he's a star.
BobbyB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:03 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
ahaider wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

PG 13 is a star because he plays both ends of the floor, and in Modern NBA fits in nice, with his ability to space the floor hit 3's, guard multiple positions.
DeRozan I cant put in the same category.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:04 am    Post subject:

BobbyB wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
ahaider wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

PG 13 is a star because he plays both ends of the floor, and in Modern NBA fits in nice, with his ability to space the floor hit 3's, guard multiple positions.

Again. This is in this context of Deng or Droz.

And coaches selected Droz as an All star so I take their opinion more than yours. With all due respect.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:04 am    Post subject:

Winner of game 3 between LAC and Utah wins the series IMO.
ahaider
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:11 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
ahaider wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I think Moz/Deng was a combination of factors.

I don't think we just whiffed on superstar players. We many times completely targeted the wrong player. For example, let's assume - we signed Melo. His contract would do us no justice today. We'd have a "super-star" or at the very least all-star level player but we wouldn't be any closer to championship aspirations.

We had an opportunity to sign Isiah Thomas. He wanted to play in LA after Phoenix and we didn't even contact him.

Year after year we punted cap-space to chase the unicorn FA's and missed on hidden gems. The only superstar FA who would have been + ROI was Lebron. This culmination led to desperation last offseason. We panicked and in both Mozgov & Deng we offered an extra year that no one else was willing to offer. I blame it on Mitch & Jim.

Now, it seems like to some posters if we're not getting a mega superstar which there are maybe 6 (Harden, Curry, Westbrook, Durant, Lebron, Kawhii) then it seems like people complain that we're just getting a #2 guy on a championship team and stuck in first round purgatory.

I am of the school of thought that to attract the mega superstar, the secondary piece has to be there. AKA to sign a Westbrook - PG13 has to be here. --> That's an idea not necessarily the specific plan I'm proposing.

I'm hoping Magic & Rob are smarter than Mitch & Jim about targeting two-way players who fit into Luke's vision. To me - that means don't sign a Blake Griffin, or a CP3 for name value - but rather sign strategic free agents. The same way the Spurs signed Dedmon or Patty Mills for example.

I don't think it's that hard for this FO to sign a superstar player if they've done their due diligence and crafted a team that can compete offensively and defensively. Right now our defense is putrid.

"The key to good decision making is not knowledge. It is understanding. We are swimming in the former. We are desperately lacking in the latter." - Malcom Gladwell
BobbyB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:13 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
BobbyB wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
ahaider wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Again. This is in this context of Deng or Droz.

And coaches selected Droz as an All star so I take their opinion more than yours. With all due respect.

For sure I would take coaches opinion as well no doubt!

Just opinions here. I totally understand your point in regards to Deng.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:15 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Rondo out indefinitely with fractured thumb. This bodes well for the hated Celts.

Bulls' Rajon Rondo suffers fractured thumb, out indefinitely

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/19209575/rajon-rondo-chicago-bulls-indefinitely-broken-thumb

It's the playoffs, is he really going to let a thumb sideline him?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:18 am    Post subject:

ahaider wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
ahaider wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I think Moz/Deng was a combination of factors.

I don't think we just whiffed on superstar players. We many times completely targeted the wrong player. For example, let's assume - we signed Melo. His contract would do us no justice today. We'd have a "super-star" or at the very least all-star level player but we wouldn't be any closer to championship aspirations.

We had an opportunity to sign Isiah Thomas. He wanted to play in LA after Phoenix and we didn't even contact him.

Year after year we punted cap-space to chase the unicorn FA's and missed on hidden gems. The only superstar FA who would have been + ROI was Lebron. This culmination led to desperation last offseason. We panicked and in both Mozgov & Deng we offered an extra year that no one else was willing to offer. I blame it on Mitch & Jim.

Now, it seems like to some posters if we're not getting a mega superstar which there are maybe 6 (Harden, Curry, Westbrook, Durant, Lebron, Kawhii) then it seems like people complain that we're just getting a #2 guy on a championship team and stuck in first round purgatory.

I am of the school of thought that to attract the mega superstar, the secondary piece has to be there. AKA to sign a Westbrook - PG13 has to be here. --> That's an idea not necessarily the specific plan I'm proposing.

I'm hoping Magic & Rob are smarter than Mitch & Jim about targeting two-way players who fit into Luke's vision. To me - that means don't sign a Blake Griffin, or a CP3 for name value - but rather sign strategic free agents. The same way the Spurs signed Dedmon or Patty Mills for example.

I don't think it's that hard for this FO to sign a superstar player if they've done their due diligence and crafted a team that can compete offensively and defensively. Right now our defense is putrid.

People post about signing a star player because that is the commentary coming from the FO.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46 ... 460, 461, 462  Next
Page 45 of 462
Jump to: