OFFICIAL 2017 NBA PLAYOFF EDITION
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 90, 91, 92 ... 460, 461, 462  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:47 am    Post subject:

joe johnson
pmacla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:00 am    Post subject:

whoever controls the pylon lights at LAX had to be trolling Clipper fans this morning, when I drove past there they where Green and Purple, Utah Jazz colors and I drive by there every morning and have never seen that combination before
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:06 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Chris Paul is the second best PG of all-time.

Are you on drugs, son?
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:02 am    Post subject:

Chris Paul's career achievement is going to be leading the Clippers to the greatest sustained stretch of relevance in franchise history. That's about it. He might snag a ring on another team, ala Gary Payton, but barring something dramatic his career is going to be a mild disappointment. I'd rank him about fourth, after Magic, Oscar, and Stockton. Some people would rank Isiah ahead of him. Curry and Westbrook are on pace to blow past him.
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:26 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Chris Paul's career achievement is going to be leading the Clippers to the greatest sustained stretch of relevance in franchise history. That's about it. He might snag a ring on another team, ala Gary Payton, but barring something dramatic his career is going to be a mild disappointment. I'd rank him about fourth, after Magic, Oscar, and Stockton. Some people would rank Isiah ahead of him. Curry and Westbrook are on pace to blow past him.

I would put Nash above him, too, as much as I loathe the guy now. As debatable as they were, he has 2 MVPs on CP3 and had greater playoff success. He never made it to the Finals, but CP3 never even made it past the second round (how sad is that?).

Kidd dragged a sorry ass team and coach to the Finals two straight years, and eventually played a key role on a championship team late in his career. Factor in his overall numbers and impact, and I think I'd give him the advantage over CP3, as well.

And add Kyrie to the list of guys that very well may surpass him in the coming years.
eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:51 am    Post subject:

1)magic
2)stockton
3)Kidd
4)Payton
5)Nash
6)zeke
7)curry
8)maravich
9)Cp3
10)Jackson
pmacla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:05 am    Post subject:

eddiejonze wrote:
1)magic
2)stockton
3)Kidd
4)Payton
5)Nash
6)zeke
7)curry
8)maravich
9)Cp3
10)Jackson

Walt Frazier, Oscar Robinson and Bob Cousy should be ahead of CP3
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:13 am    Post subject:

eddiejonze wrote:
1)magic
2)stockton
3)Kidd
4)Payton
5)Nash
6)zeke
7)curry
8)maravich
9)Cp3
10)Jackson

No love for Big O?
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:01 pm    Post subject:

eddiejonze wrote:
1)magic
2)stockton
3)Kidd
4)Payton
5)Nash
6)zeke
7)curry
8)maravich
9)Cp3
10)Jackson

The one eye sore in this list is Mark Jackson. Is it because he ranks up there in assists? Was never an offensive threat, had no speed. Was a nice role player that lingered around for eternity, which was how he racked up more assists. He is absolutely not top 10. There is another tier of point guards with names such as Doc Rivers, Greg Anthony, Spud Webb, etc. Mark Jackson is probably #1 in that tier.

But I agree with Candycanes, not necessarily #2, but CP3 is up there for me. I'd take him over everybody on that list except Magic and Isiah. Zeke is #2. How can he not be with 2 chips? There is a reason that 6'1 dude snuck in between the Bird/Magic/Jordan era and got two rings of his own.

Curry, I need to see a few more years of this and a signature finals performance before I put him at #2. The way he has played in the finals, he was lucky to win in 2015 since Lebron was a one man show. Replace Curry with CP3 in the 16 finals and the Warriors win.
Lakers 4 eva
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:20 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
1)magic
2)stockton
3)Kidd
4)Payton
5)Nash
6)zeke
7)curry
8)maravich
9)Cp3
10)Jackson

The one eye sore in this list is Mark Jackson. Is it because he ranks up there in assists? Was never an offensive threat, had no speed. Was a nice role player that lingered around for eternity, which was how he racked up more assists. He is absolutely not top 10. There is another tier of point guards with names such as Doc Rivers, Greg Anthony, Spud Webb, etc. Mark Jackson is probably #1 in that tier.

But I agree with Candycanes, not necessarily #2, but CP3 is up there for me. I'd take him over everybody on that list except Magic and Isiah. Zeke is #2. How can he not be with 2 chips? There is a reason that 6'1 dude snuck in between the Bird/Magic/Jordan era and got two rings of his own.

Curry, I need to see a few more years of this and a signature finals performance before I put him at #2. The way he has played in the finals, he was lucky to win in 2015 since Lebron was a one man show. Replace Curry with CP3 in the 16 finals and the Warriors win.

I don't think it's a simple as you make it sound. Curry is a shotmaker while Paul keeps deferring to teammates in big games. I understand that Curry did not shoot the ball well in the FInals but do you think Chris Paul would be taking those shots? He deferred to Janero Pargo for god's sake in 2008 WC Semis against the Spurs in Game 7.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:16 pm    Post subject:

TheBlackMamba wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:

I would put Nash above him, too, as much as I loathe the guy now. As debatable as they were, he has 2 MVPs on CP3 and had greater playoff success. He never made it to the Finals, but CP3 never even made it past the second round (how sad is that?).

Kidd dragged a sorry ass team and coach to the Finals two straight years, and eventually played a key role on a championship team late in his career. Factor in his overall numbers and impact, and I think I'd give him the advantage over CP3, as well.

And add Kyrie to the list of guys that very well may surpass him in the coming years.

That's reasonable. I'd rank Paul over Nash and Kidd, but they're in the same general ballpark. As for Kyrie, it will depend on what he does as Lebron fades. As of now, I wouldn't put him in the same class as Paul.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:21 pm    Post subject:

Lakers 4 eva wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
1)magic
2)stockton
3)Kidd
4)Payton
5)Nash
6)zeke
7)curry
8)maravich
9)Cp3
10)Jackson

I don't think it's a simple as you make it sound. Curry is a shotmaker while Paul keeps deferring to teammates in big games. I understand that Curry did not shoot the ball well in the FInals but do you think Chris Paul would be taking those shots? He deferred to Janero Pargo for god's sake in 2008 WC Semis against the Spurs in Game 7.

Not sure where this idea is coming from that CP3 defers or is scared. CP3 is a point guard and plays the right way, and takes over in just the right amounts. I don't remember the 2008 wc semis. But I'm sure it's not as simple as you make it out. We'd have to go back to the films and see the defensive schemes that was used on him. The dude made David West's career. He was the only reason New Orleans was relevant. He was that good, in what, his 3rd year?

Besides for Isiah Thomas, what other little guys in the NBA has led their teams to a title? It takes building the right supporting cast for them. That's why little guys usually don't make top 5 or top 10 all time great lists. But on a list with just players in the same position, CP3 ranks up there.

CP3 breaks down defenses, which Curry didn't do. Fancy dribble here and there, but goes no where then a wild launch. Maybe his injuries had something to do with it. But I dunno, that's two finals in a row with mediocre performances. Lets see what he does this year.
The Logo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:32 pm    Post subject:

NBA did indeed end up fining the Rockets' owner:
Quote:
The NBA has fined Rockets owner Leslie Alexander $100,000, one day after he left his courtside seat during live game action to yell at referee Bill Kennedy in the final seconds of the first quarter of Houston's 105-99 series-clinching Game 5 win over the Oklahoma City Thunder on Tuesday night.

As Kennedy stood watching a play, Alexander got up from his seat next to the national television table. Rockets legend Hakeem Olajuwon tried to grab the owner's arm, but he kept walking. Alexander stood behind Kennedy for less than five seconds before walking away. Kennedy did turn his head as Alexander reversed course.

It appeared Alexander was complaining about a call that wasn't made before he sat back down.

Alexander, who is normally mild-mannered during games, declined to discuss much about the scene, saying at halftime only that he "can't talk about it" and that he was "upset, really upset."

After the incident, NBA spokesman Mike Bass issued a statement saying that "an investigation is underway."
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:37 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:

Stern ruined his chance at getting a ring.
Buck32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:46 pm    Post subject:

The Washington bigs are worthless, can't rebound, can't shoot.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:58 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
Besides for Isiah Thomas, what other little guys in the NBA has led their teams to a title? It takes building the right supporting cast for them. That's why little guys usually don't make top 5 or top 10 all time great lists. But on a list with just players in the same position, CP3 ranks up there.

The PG position has changed a lot over the years. Oscar played before people had a fixed notion of what a point guard should be. The term was not even used back then. Cousy and others set the paradigm of the point guard as the playmaker. Pass first, shoot second. Magic was the greatest of the old school PGs, followed by Stockton. Now the game has evolved to the point where Oscar is closer to the paradigm.

Despite the lack of team success in the playoffs, Paul checks a lot of boxes -- assists, steals, defense, scoring. In a way, he may be the last of the old school PGs. He is more comparable to Magic and Stockton than to Westbrook or Curry. It will be interesting to see how players like Paul are viewed in another ten years or so.
The Logo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:59 pm    Post subject:

Am I the only one who finds this series really boring?
Buck32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:13 pm    Post subject:

The Logo wrote:

I'm watching because of John Wall.
HumanVictoryCigar
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:15 pm    Post subject:

LOL! you could see that moron foul coming a mile away. Miss you Dwight!
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:58 pm    Post subject:

Hoiberg needs to stay big and kill Boston on the boards
The Logo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:27 pm    Post subject:

Wade looks like he's 40 geezus
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:32 pm    Post subject:

The Logo wrote:

Nope, easily the worst series of the first round. There aren't any real superstars other than Wall, and neither of these teams have any shot at the Finals.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:33 pm    Post subject:

Rondo basically coaching them up during the timeouts.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:40 pm    Post subject:

USCandLakers wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:

Stern ruined his chance at getting a ring.

How so? He's had a better roster with the Clips than any we have put together.

CP3 ruined his own chance at getting a ring. It's pathetic with that roster they can get past the second round.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:01 pm    Post subject:

AY2043 wrote:
The Logo wrote:

Nope, easily the worst series of the first round. There aren't any real superstars other than Wall, and neither of these teams have any shot at the Finals.

seems like SA and Memphis has been on NBATV the most....that is usually the series expected to get the lowest rating....smaller tv markets

Last edited by adkindo on Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 90, 91, 92 ... 460, 461, 462  Next
Page 91 of 462
Jump to: