OFFICIAL 2017 NBA PLAYOFF EDITION
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 247, 248, 249 ... 460, 461, 462  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 8:28 pm    Post subject:

Congrats to the Cavs. Glad they dismantled Boston. Hopefully we'll get a hard fought seven games in the finals.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 8:37 pm    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
bandiger wrote:
Billium wrote:
levon wrote:
Billium wrote:
The Nightbringer wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:
Man, it's nice to see the Celtics get dismantled.

It's heartwarming to know that at this point, we can only get better. But their fate is up in the air...

They have a highly touted big they stashed overseas this last year, the #1 pick, a potential at another #1 pick, just more picks in general (can never take too many swings), and they are a FA destination. I think they can get better too.

you know what's hysterical? nobody's criticizing the Boston FO for not being able to land superstar FA with all their assets and history. By the perception of it, PG and Lonzo are now both dodging Boston

They didn't get a superstar because they kept their assets and decided to wait out Lebron, they signed Horford to give Stephens a chance to install a winning mentality. PG and Lonzo are LA natives who weren't drafted to the Celts (pierce) and so they can be discriminating.

We are like a year or so behind compared to their rebuild and they don't have some crappy contracts to unload in the process.

I'm not saying we dont have a bright future but I can't picture the Lakers in the conference finals anytime soon unless pg13 signs.

but that's my point. if we're years behind in the rebuild, why are we always getting the bulk of the criticism for missing out on opportunities? it should just be a given that the Lakers luster is tied to their current roster, and if we're so bad, free agents just naturally wouldn't want to take meetings yet.

Yet with all their acclaimed assets and patience, I have a feeling they're going to be struggling the next few years luring marquee free agents to Boston unless they homegrow Fultz and their next #1. I don't necessarily think their current middling route is the wiser one, especially given the lack of parity in the NBA now.

I'd trade Walton for Stevens any day though.
RJBaca
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 9:03 pm    Post subject:

Billium wrote:
The Nightbringer wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:

It's heartwarming to know that at this point, we can only get better. But their fate is up in the air...

They have a highly touted big they stashed overseas this last year, the #1 pick, a potential at another #1 pick, just more picks in general (can never take too many swings), and they are a FA destination. I think they can get better too.

Some decent playoff experience as well.
PurpleAndGOAT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 9:07 pm    Post subject:

Cavs in 7
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 9:08 pm    Post subject:

levon wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
bandiger wrote:
Billium wrote:
levon wrote:
Billium wrote:
The Nightbringer wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:

you know what's hysterical? nobody's criticizing the Boston FO for not being able to land superstar FA with all their assets and history. By the perception of it, PG and Lonzo are now both dodging Boston

They didn't get a superstar because they kept their assets and decided to wait out Lebron, they signed Horford to give Stephens a chance to install a winning mentality. PG and Lonzo are LA natives who weren't drafted to the Celts (pierce) and so they can be discriminating.

We are like a year or so behind compared to their rebuild and they don't have some crappy contracts to unload in the process.

I'm not saying we dont have a bright future but I can't picture the Lakers in the conference finals anytime soon unless pg13 signs.

but that's my point. if we're years behind in the rebuild, why are we always getting the bulk of the criticism for missing out on opportunities? it should just be a given that the Lakers luster is tied to their current roster, and if we're so bad, free agents just naturally wouldn't want to take meetings yet.

Yet with all their acclaimed assets and patience, I have a feeling they're going to be struggling the next few years luring marquee free agents to Boston unless they homegrow Fultz and their next #1. I don't necessarily think their current middling route is the wiser one, especially given the lack of parity in the NBA now.

I'd trade Walton for Stevens any day though.

That would cost you the #2 pick.
ryan_c
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 9:08 pm    Post subject:

Celtic's future is bright. They have number 1 pick and is a FA destination.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 9:11 pm    Post subject:

ryan_c wrote:

They could get PG13 and draft Fultz and they still wouldn't get past the Cavs....
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 9:18 pm    Post subject:

Not asking for much here, but hopefully the Cavs and GSW hang on just long enough to keep the Celtics away from any titles until this Laker squad evolves to dynasty mode, becomes a do or die free agent destination for superstars, beats Boston when they're at their peak, and demolishes the Celtic's record number of titles. It's a simple request.
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 9:55 pm    Post subject:

Lebron James
lewis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 10:15 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
ryan_c wrote:

They could get PG13 and draft Fultz and they still wouldn't get past the Cavs....

Next year probably not, but in 2019 Lebron is 34 so I would bet on the Celtics...
ryan_c
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 10:42 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
ryan_c wrote:

Maybe they can get another FA. Well nobody is beating GSW in the west. Lakers won't the playoff anytime soon.
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 11:01 pm    Post subject:

I didn't/don't like either team in this series. Just because the Celtics lost doesn't mean I'm going to celebrate the Cavs, who I don't like either. Hopefully, Golden State obliterates them. It better not go more than 5 games.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 11:32 pm    Post subject:

My favorite player in the finals is Kyrie. Would love to see KD still lose. First time in life pulling for Lebron. What is the world coming to? But Kyrie getting finals MVP would make it more bearable.
pmacla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 5:27 am    Post subject:

Since 1991 there has been only 1 Finals that either MJ, Hakeem, Duncan, Kobe or LeBron have not been in
pmacla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 5:29 am    Post subject:

pmacla wrote:
Since 1991 there has been only 1 Finals that either MJ, Hakeem, Duncan, Kobe or LeBron have not been in

if you go back to 1980 you only need to add 3 other players to that list Thomas, Bird, Magic
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 7:39 am    Post subject:

I think LeBron knows this is a lost cause and will just gun for Finals MVP, though that's gonna be hard losing in 4 or 5 games.

Can't believe we have to wait for (bleep) Thursday.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 7:44 am    Post subject:

USCandLakers wrote:
I think LeBron knows this is a lost cause and will just gun for Finals MVP, though that's gonna be hard losing in 4 or 5 games.

If I'm Lebron I goad Draymond into getting suspended again. That's all I've got.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 8:23 am    Post subject:

pmacla wrote:
pmacla wrote:

if you go back to 1980 you only need to add 3 other players to that list Thomas, Bird, Magic

The 1 Finals you're talking about is 2006, and that's because Shaq's not on your list. He should be. So we can say going back to 1980, there hasn't been a finals that didn't feature at least Magic, Bird, Thomas, MJ, Hakeem, Duncan, Shaq, Kobe or Lebron.

The common denominator here is hall of famers. Not just the best of their time, but the best of ALL TIME. That's why I keep preaching swing for the fences. I don't understand people clamoring for guys who are only the best of their time such as PG13 and Butler, and technically not even the best of their time.

We don't need to kid ourselves, you need that hall of famer. But it seems a lot of fans do want to kid themselves and get those 40 to 45 wins. I rather swing for the fences, and if that means more lotteries, so be it. At the end of the day the 14 lottery teams are no different than the 15 other teams who didn't get the trophy.
pmacla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 8:30 am    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
pmacla wrote:
pmacla wrote:

The 1 Finals you're talking about is 2006, and that's because Shaq's not on your list. He should be. So we can say going back to 1980, there hasn't been a finals that didn't feature at least Magic, Bird, Thomas, MJ, Hakeem, Duncan, Shaq, Kobe or Lebron.

The common denominator here is hall of famers. Not just the best of their time, but the best of ALL TIME. That's why I keep preaching swing for the fences. I don't understand people clamoring for guys who are only the best of their time such as PG13 and Butler, and technically not even the best of their time.

We don't need to kid ourselves, you need that hall of famer. But it seems a lot of fans do want to kid themselves and get those 40 to 45 wins. I rather swing for the fences, and if that means more lotteries, so be it. At the end of the day the 14 lottery teams are no different than the 15 other teams who didn't get the trophy.

or Wade
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 8:33 am    Post subject:

pmacla wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
pmacla wrote:
pmacla wrote:

or Wade

Yep, he should be too since he carried Shaq in '06, and in my book, 3rd best shooting guard of all time.
frijolero01
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 10:17 am    Post subject:

Go Cavs. Durant's a (bleep). (bleep) the Dubs.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 10:30 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:

If I'm Lebron I goad Draymond into getting suspended again. That's all I've got.

All they need is one of the big-4 Warriors players to pull a disappearing act in the Finals. Klay or Draymond would be the most likely possibilities.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 10:31 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:

All they need is one of the big-4 Warriors players to pull a disappearing act in the Finals. Klay or Draymond would be the most likely possibilities.

Eh, w/out KD that may be a problem, but with KD/Curry, no problem.

LBJ has to worry about Love disappearing.
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 10:48 am    Post subject:

Warriors in 5. Book it.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 2:43 pm    Post subject:

The Warriors are the lesser of two evils.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 247, 248, 249 ... 460, 461, 462  Next
Page 248 of 462
Jump to: