This may be the perfect ending to the season
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BigBallerBrand
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:31 am    Post subject: This may be the perfect ending to the season

We end on a winning streak to boost morale into the offseason, and hopefully still get lucky and get a top 1-2 pick. At this point tho, I'll happily take the #3 pick
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:05 am    Post subject:

We're going to have a 6 game winning streak and a top 3 pick this summer.
Lakerpark
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:13 am    Post subject:

Plus Brandon Ingram comes of age and Metta WP gets a show of respect for all that he has done for the Lakers.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:27 am    Post subject:

What we need now is DLO to make a late second call to play in the final game, show up to the game minutes before tip off and then have the Lakers win their 6th in a row.
ingle
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:32 am    Post subject:

What's the perfect end to the season? 6 straight wins and the number 1 pick.

But at this stage, I'll take the 3rd pick. Ball or Josh Jackson, I'll settle for either.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:44 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
What we need now is DLO to make a late second call to play in the final game, show up to the game minutes before tip off and then have the Lakers win their 6th in a row.

Dlo had a game winner

Ingram a huge throwdown dunk

Let's finish it with a perfect alley oop pass from Russell to Ingram in the last second to beat GS

Not probable since Brewer had more lob passes with our jerseys than Dlo this season, but that would be sweet
tnell
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:47 am    Post subject:

nash wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Dlo had a game winner

Let's finish it with a perfect alley oop pass from Russell to Ingram in the last second to beat GS

Not probable since Brewer had more lob passes with our jerseys than Dlo this season, but that would be sweet

You were doing good but you had to get a dig in at the end there didn't you lol
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:47 am    Post subject:

nash wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Dlo had a game winner

I see you still getting that list dig in on DLO until the very end.

The more improbable sequence would be: Ingram hitting a clutch 3; then DLO finishing an alley oop game winning dunk.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:57 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
nash wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Dlo had a game winner

I see you still getting that list dig in on DLO until the very end.

The more improbable sequence would be: Ingram hitting a clutch 3; then DLO finishing an alley oop game winning dunk.

Did you see Metta asking for an alley oop yesterday? I couldn't stop laughing
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:59 am    Post subject:

tnell wrote:
nash wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Dlo had a game winner

Bro forget any hate/agenda talk, it really concerns me a lot.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:04 am    Post subject:

nash wrote:
tnell wrote:
nash wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Dlo had a game winner

When he was playing with Young, Deng, Jules, Moz, who was a legit alley oop target on a regular basis?
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:25 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
nash wrote:
tnell wrote:
nash wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Dlo had a game winner

When he was playing with Young, Deng, Jules, Moz, who was a legit alley oop target on a regular basis?

You know this is not what I'm talking about.

Moz, Black, Nance, Ingram, JC, Brewer, Nwaba, Zubac ... I'm sure you (I mean you) could find an opportunity every couple of games to try it. I would be less concerned with him trying and missing the point like he did early in his rookie season when Clarkson couldn't finish a couple of them in as many games than I am when the play is clearly there and the player never tries it, kinda Nance and Julius passing up open jumpers. It can be addressed through training or through the draft. He is a keeper, our best scorer, with great radar to find the open shooter, but I'd like to see someone else running the show.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:36 am    Post subject:

So alley oops attempts/connections are now the barometer for measuring how well a player runs a team?

My hope is we get 2 guys who can interchangeably run the team from the guard spot. With DLO/Swaggy/Deng only 1 was able to run an offense from the perimeter spots. Now with Ingram, and hopefully Ball/Fultz, we will have 3.
ingle
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:41 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
So alley oops attempts/connections are now the barometer for measuring how well a player runs a team?

My hope is we get 2 guys who can interchangeably run the team from the guard spot. With DLO/Swaggy/Deng only 1 was able to run an offense from the perimeter spots. Now with Ingram, and hopefully Ball/Fultz, we will have 3.

Agreed, that will be HUUUUGE for D'Angelo since he no longer will be the one to create everything out there, really helps he's a great off ball player too.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:52 am    Post subject:

Back on the topic.

I would love for us to end the season on a 6 Gane winning streak and our guys having turned the corner, it bodes better for the future than it we'd lost the majority of these games.
Hydro21
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:14 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Back on the topic.

I would love for us to end the season on a 6 Gane winning streak and our guys having turned the corner, it bodes better for the future than it we'd lost the majority of these games.

A lot easier to sell a teams Potential to FA when the team has actually shown something ..so I hope they do close out on a 6 game WS
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:16 am    Post subject:

Hydro21 wrote:
MJST wrote:
Back on the topic.

A lot easier to sell a teams Potential to FA when the team has actually shown something ..so I hope they do close out on a 6 game WS

Yeah and we haven't had a 5 game winning streak since 2012....

Just us turning it around like we have late in the season and watching these kids start coming into their own is great to watch.
Hydro21
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:17 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Hydro21 wrote:
MJST wrote:
Back on the topic.

Yeah and we haven't had a 5 game winning streak since 2012....

Just us turning it around like we have late in the season and watching these kids start coming into their own is great to watch.

Agreed..
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:17 am    Post subject:

So when was the last time we had a 5 game winning streak? 2013?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:32 am    Post subject:

Few numbers that we will get.

6-game winning streak.

1-3 pick in this year's draft.

Let's go.
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:01 am    Post subject:

When I realized today was the last day of the season for us, I got a bit sad. Even through all the (bleep) and moaning, tank wars, and arguments over the kids (one in particular...), it was a fun, engaging year of Laker basketball and I'm going to miss this team over the long and grueling summer. I really hope the FO doesn't blow it all up, because I think this is a great group of guys that really showed some growth and budding chemistry over the year. It was amazing to watch that early season start (the Rockets game was awesome), DLo ramping it up after the All-Star break and Lou trade, BI making HUGE strides from October to now, Jules having the occasional beastly game to remind us of his potential, JC being JC , Swagy redemption arc, Metta "farewell tour", Zupac, Sweet Lou the professional scorer, etc. So what if we didn't win 30 games? It was a great rebuilding year after the (bleep) we went through the previous 3 seasons, and overall a solid success for Luke and company
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:02 am    Post subject:

TheBlackMamba wrote:
When I realized today was the last day of the season for us, I got a bit sad. Even through all the (bleep) and moaning, tank wars, and arguments over the kids (one in particular...), it was a fun, engaging year of Laker basketball and I'm going to miss this team over the long and grueling summer. I really hope the FO doesn't blow it all up, because I think this is a great group of guys that really showed some growth and budding chemistry over the year. It was amazing to watch that early season start (the Rockets game was awesome), DLo ramping it up after the All-Star break and Lou trade, BI making HUGE strides from October to now, Jules having the occasional beastly game to remind us of his potential, JC being JC , Swagy redemption arc, Metta "farewell tour", Zupac, Sweet Lou the professional scorer, etc. So what if we didn't win 30 games? It was a great rebuilding year after the (bleep) we went through the previous 3 seasons, and overall a solid success for Luke and company

Nice to get some wins! and a bunch in a row will have me hungry for Laker ball all summer.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:43 am    Post subject:

Dr. Funkbot wrote:
So when was the last time we had a 5 game winning streak? 2013?

2012-2013 season.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:48 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

Do you think I'd like to see Brewer running the team?

Basic PG stuff, I like Dlo as scorer guard and his advanced court vision and passing skills is a huge plus. He can be our PG, but I believe we need another player able to perform with consistency basic traditional PG skills and throwing a lob pass when the opportunity arises is one of them, just like driving and dishing, beating the opposite center with speed while pushing a fast break, pretty basic stuff that I don't see Dlo executing on regular basis when he is running the show.

We had two full seasons to observe him, he may be our best young asset at this point, but I like him scoring and passing it to the open man in the process, I believe someone else running the show would help Dlo and the team and I don't think JC is the guy, while he can run some of the basic stuff I was talking previously, he lacks most of Dlo's strengths. Ennis is just not starting material, if we keep him we have a better backup/3rd stringer than we had with Huertas/Calderon.

Last edited by nash on Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:57 am; edited 2 times in total
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:50 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Back on the topic.

Agreed

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: