The Last Jedi Teaser Trailer 1
Goto page 1, 2  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 13 Apr 2001
Posts: 10326
Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:24 am    Post subject: The Last Jedi Teaser Trailer 1

https://youtu.be/-qsg0fku78o
_________________
Magic and Jeannie: you are now on the clock.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
22
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 05 Apr 2013
Posts: 14576

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:47 am    Post subject:

Nice!! I came here to post this LOL.

I'm HYPE!
_________________
Blake Griffin's ankles beware....Randle is coming
The youngins are YOUNG, let them learn.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 13 Apr 2001
Posts: 10326
Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:56 am    Post subject:

Me too. John Williams is a master. Last time around, they used very little footage from the final cut in the teasers, including some dialogue. I'm pretty geeked. Already watched it a few times.

Someone summed it best in the YouTube comments:

"My money, shut up and take"


_________________
Magic and Jeannie: you are now on the clock.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Vishnu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Posts: 15811

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:08 am    Post subject:

I've already watched it 30 times.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Conker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 09 Jun 2010
Posts: 12878
Location: MDC

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:13 am    Post subject:

Another Star Wars movie?
_________________
(❍ᴥ❍ʋ) ʕʘᴥʘʔ (⌐ ͡■ ͜ʖ ͡■) (┛◉Д◉)┛( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡) ༼;༎ຶ ۝ ༎ຶ༽
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
999
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 19 Oct 2006
Posts: 19571

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:21 am    Post subject:

im a huge star wars fan but personally i think they went in the wrong direction for luke to be the last jedi again... they should have had the new Jedi vs the New Sith in an all out war. they should have shown the jedi temple back to its normal operation with luke being grand master and the jedi chosen as the republic religious body for the new republic. AND They should have a new republic government instead of the one destroyed on the Hosnian system.

this all seems like a rehash with us playing guessing games every 2 years. I felt like Disney watered it down... only hope i have is Dave filoni with rebels and the old clone wars
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
22
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 05 Apr 2013
Posts: 14576

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:41 am    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
Me too. John Williams is a master. Last time around, they used very little footage from the final cut in the teasers, including some dialogue. I'm pretty geeked. Already watched it a few times.

Someone summed it best in the YouTube comments:

"My money, shut up and take"




_________________
Blake Griffin's ankles beware....Randle is coming
The youngins are YOUNG, let them learn.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 17 Dec 2002
Posts: 4765
Location: L.A. area

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:06 pm    Post subject:


I'll be there with my kids opening weekend.
Really nice lineup of films coming this year
_________________
"Be the person you needed when you were younger..."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 12 Aug 2009
Posts: 27193

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:53 pm    Post subject:

Conker wrote:
Another Star Wars movie?


Disney is gonna milk the hell out of the franchise.....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 18 Dec 2015
Posts: 2319
Location: So what's the uh...topic of discussion?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:03 pm    Post subject:

garbage
a
r
b
a
g
e
_________________
"All wars are civil wars, because all men are brothers."
http://forums.lakersground.net/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=13018
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Don Draper
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 21 Feb 2008
Posts: 23780
Location: Magic > Kobe > Lonzo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:09 pm    Post subject:

so Luke is now discount Revan
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 13 Apr 2001
Posts: 10326
Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:54 pm    Post subject:

Huey Lewis & The News wrote:
garbage
a
r
b
a
g
e


Come on man. We gots to sort this out. You once said Rey was like a third rate Luke when, by contrast, rewatching Ep 4, Luke was actually pouty, whiny af. All your other points were in the pocket, particularly those toward Finn's wooden comic relief. But I think you're romanticizing a little here. Especially when referencing the prequels.
_________________
Magic and Jeannie: you are now on the clock.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Cochese
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 23 Apr 2016
Posts: 790

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:07 pm    Post subject:

Looks good. I just want to see Luke kick some ass.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 11 Oct 2012
Posts: 25328

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:33 pm    Post subject:

sidebar: Just watched Rogue One... soooo good. Itching for more Staw Wars
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Triumph
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 20 Jul 2002
Posts: 2731
Location: San Diego, CA

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:46 pm    Post subject:

I'm hype.

I liked The Force Awakens and didn't like Rogue One so I'm happy to see the main saga continue with the characters that I actually like.

Also real curious to see what Rian Johnson has done to the story and direction for this installment. He's an interesting writer/director.

I really like his films Looper and Brick, but I really love the Breaking Bad episode he directed "Ozymandias" which is arguably the best episode in the series. Interestingly, he also directed the "Fly" episode which many consider to be one of the worst lol

He's more likely to do something new and out of left field with the series than JJ Abrams or Lawrence Kasdan would. Curious to see if the story moves in a really unexpected direction.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Jul 2006
Posts: 46524
Location: Coming soon and striking at your borders.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:12 pm    Post subject:

If Rian Johnson wasn't directing this, i'd be more excited. Hopefully he's learned some things since Jurassic World.
_________________
LAVAR 3:16...

Hypebeasts we know aboutchea'
Don't rep the Lakers unless they popular...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Roger O. Thornhill
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 16 Oct 2007
Posts: 10931
Location: Irvine, CA

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:36 pm    Post subject:

I hope Rey dies and we have a male protagonist for episode 9.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Triumph
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 20 Jul 2002
Posts: 2731
Location: San Diego, CA

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:46 pm    Post subject:

City_Dawg wrote:
If Rian Johnson wasn't directing this, i'd be more excited. Hopefully he's learned some things since Jurassic World.


You're mixing up the directors. Jurassic World was directed by Colin Trevorrow, who is slated to direct Episode 9. I agree that Trevorrow has not made anything special and is not a promising choice to direct the final episode of this trilogy.

But Rian Johnson is a talented director.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 28 Nov 2007
Posts: 10711
Location: Bay Area

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:25 am    Post subject:

999 wrote:
im a huge star wars fan but personally i think they went in the wrong direction for luke to be the last jedi again... they should have had the new Jedi vs the New Sith in an all out war. they should have shown the jedi temple back to its normal operation with luke being grand master and the jedi chosen as the republic religious body for the new republic. AND They should have a new republic government instead of the one destroyed on the Hosnian system.

this all seems like a rehash with us playing guessing games every 2 years. I felt like Disney watered it down... only hope i have is Dave filoni with rebels and the old clone wars


I'll go ahead and spoil it for you.

The last Jedi is not as in it's the last force welding being. It's the last Jedi in a sense that it's evolved. The Jedi as we know them are gone. Rey is something new, a hybrid, a balance of the dark side and the light.

Listen to the opening monologue.

Luke has become something much more powerful than a mere Jedi, and he's going to teach Rey.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ChefLinda
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 20 Sep 2006
Posts: 13032
Location: Boston

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:26 am    Post subject:

Roger O. Thornhill wrote:
I hope Rey dies and we have a male protagonist for episode 9.


2016 explained.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 21 Jul 2012
Posts: 28363
Location: Holland

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:00 am    Post subject:

Roger O. Thornhill wrote:
I hope Rey dies and we have a male protagonist for episode 9.


what the heck
_________________
also sprach magic johnson
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
999
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 19 Oct 2006
Posts: 19571

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:04 am    Post subject:

lakerjoshua wrote:
999 wrote:
im a huge star wars fan but personally i think they went in the wrong direction for luke to be the last jedi again... they should have had the new Jedi vs the New Sith in an all out war. they should have shown the jedi temple back to its normal operation with luke being grand master and the jedi chosen as the republic religious body for the new republic. AND They should have a new republic government instead of the one destroyed on the Hosnian system.

this all seems like a rehash with us playing guessing games every 2 years. I felt like Disney watered it down... only hope i have is Dave filoni with rebels and the old clone wars


I'll go ahead and spoil it for you.

The last Jedi is not as in it's the last force welding being. It's the last Jedi in a sense that it's evolved. The Jedi as we know them are gone. Rey is something new, a hybrid, a balance of the dark side and the light.

Listen to the opening monologue.

Luke has become something much more powerful than a mere Jedi, and he's going to teach Rey.


I know that Luke won't be the last force weilder but I was disappointed in the sense that Kylo REn destroyed all of Luke padawan and future Jedi making Luke again the last Jedi. Of his generation.

I wanted to see the return of the Jedi temple and the new Jedi council and the new republic. But instead we see more Kylo and snoke and Rey trying to figure out who she is
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 18 Dec 2015
Posts: 2319
Location: So what's the uh...topic of discussion?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:12 am    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
Huey Lewis & The News wrote:
garbage
a
r
b
a
g
e


Come on man. We gots to sort this out. You once said Rey was like a third rate Luke when, by contrast, rewatching Ep 4, Luke was actually pouty, whiny af. All your other points were in the pocket, particularly those toward Finn's wooden comic relief. But I think you're romanticizing a little here. Especially when referencing the prequels.


Luke was petulant sometimes but it worked, and even if it didn't work, the rest of the saga compensated for his shortcomings, which were few, if any.

I do romanticize the OT (valid criticism) but for good reason. Don't let my curmudgeoning ruin your excitement for the movie.
_________________
"All wars are civil wars, because all men are brothers."
http://forums.lakersground.net/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=13018
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 18 Dec 2015
Posts: 2319
Location: So what's the uh...topic of discussion?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:18 am    Post subject:

otoh here's an exciting trailer:

SW Battlefront 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhR6gvOwc-8
_________________
"All wars are civil wars, because all men are brothers."
http://forums.lakersground.net/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=13018
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Jul 2006
Posts: 46524
Location: Coming soon and striking at your borders.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:33 am    Post subject:

Triumph wrote:
City_Dawg wrote:
If Rian Johnson wasn't directing this, i'd be more excited. Hopefully he's learned some things since Jurassic World.


You're mixing up the directors. Jurassic World was directed by Colin Trevorrow, who is slated to direct Episode 9. I agree that Trevorrow has not made anything special and is not a promising choice to direct the final episode of this trilogy.

But Rian Johnson is a talented director.


Argh, what the heck am I on?

Thanks for the correction. Okay, now I am excited.
_________________
LAVAR 3:16...

Hypebeasts we know aboutchea'
Don't rep the Lakers unless they popular...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2010 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB