Phil Having a Rough Day
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:34 pm    Post subject:

All those who railed Jim for not wanting Phil say you're sorry.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:46 pm    Post subject:

At this point Melo and Phil doesn't look like they can co-exist....probably should start having a firesale and start the rebuild. Since Phil looks like his job is secure its time to send Melo packing.
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:51 pm    Post subject:

Phil has always been messy boots. He was always shielded from the fallout because he was a coach and his teams were successful. Now as management, he's still being his typical messy self, but the buck stops with him.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:06 pm    Post subject:

cathy78 wrote:
Did Phil eat some easter eggs from last year? His stomach seems quite upset...

tox wrote:
cathy78 wrote:
I still don't think that Melo or Wade are a good thing to have around those young guys. It just seems to me that they can spoil young persons pretty bad, with questionable work ethic, selfishness and their weird egos. I don't think they fit in the culture Luke wants to build.
I don't like Wade either, but realistically he'd be here for about 3 months and then you likely buy him out so he can go to a contender. Honestly, you could buy him out after the trade and call it a day. The key is ditching Deng's contract for an expiring, with Clarkson (and maybe #28, future 2nd) being the cost of trade.

As long as Pelinka and Magic see this trade the same way and not just to get a big name broken "superstar" here to mess up the locker room I could accept it. Actually I like Wade better than Melo...

I am still scared that Magic wants some big name at any costs really fast.

That's one of the reasons I like trading for Wade. I don't think he's as toxic as Melo, he's an expiring, and it'll satiate Magic and Jeanie's "WE NEED A STAR" schtick.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:22 pm    Post subject:

I just wanna know where is wolfpacklaker?

Just teasing you wolf! We all get it wrong sometimes my man
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
KBH
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:23 pm    Post subject:

cathy78 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:
cathy78 wrote:
I still don't think that Melo or Wade are a good thing to have around those young guys. It just seems to me that they can spoil young persons pretty bad, with questionable work ethic, selfishness and their weird egos. I don't think they fit in the culture Luke wants to build.

This is exactly what's going on in NY. Melo is poison. Dude is leading an open rebellion. Selfish, lazy play aside, I want him nowhere near our young players.

Phil is the one who poisoned the well there, not Melo. This whole situation was really easy to foresee.

Would you say that Melo and Wade are good persons to have around and build a culture?

Since when is Wade lazy, selfish or a bad apple?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:25 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
cathy78 wrote:

tox wrote:
cathy78 wrote:
I don't like Wade either, but realistically he'd be here for about 3 months and then you likely buy him out so he can go to a contender. Honestly, you could buy him out after the trade and call it a day. The key is ditching Deng's contract for an expiring, with Clarkson (and maybe #28, future 2nd) being the cost of trade.

As long as Pelinka and Magic see this trade the same way and not just to get a big name broken "superstar" here to mess up the locker room I could accept it. Actually I like Wade better than Melo...

That's one of the reasons I like trading for Wade. I don't think he's as toxic as Melo, he's an expiring, and it'll satiate Magic and Jeanie's "WE NEED A STAR" schtick.

This is quite brilliant and I support your idea.
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:47 am    Post subject:

First thing I learned in the Army was that an officer takes care of his men.
It seems to be the first thing you forgot.

-- From Here to Eternity
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:50 am    Post subject:

Damn you guys. I actually am in favor of Melo becoming a Laker. Getting out from under Deng's deal is that intense.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:19 am    Post subject:

Lakers Get:
Carmelo Anthony
Justin Holiday
Ron Baker

Knicks Get:
Luol Deng
Jordan Clarkson

Would be the framework I'd go with.

But considering how low that the Knicks and Phil have lowered the trade value of Carmelo Anthony making him available for relative peanuts, I say we offer them Deng and a future protected 1st for Carmelo and that'd be it
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:21 am    Post subject:

Melo's not the Knicks problem, Jackson and Dolan are. I wouldn't sign him here. He's a great player, I just don't see where or how he'd fit.

Wade for the right price. He has knowledge of the game that would help our young core. Price being the operative. We have two albatross contracts now, Deng and Mozgov, we don't need more. If Ervin can rid us of him in 2020 Magic for president.

I hope Magic exercises patience. If he goes on a win now trip it will most likely be a disastrous journey.

Rumor has it Phil's trying to get fired. He won't quit because that would mean he couldn't collect the 12 million he's owed. If he get fired he'll get paid.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:47 am; edited 1 time in total
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:27 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Melo's not the Knicks problem, Jackson and Dolan are. I wouldn't sign him here. He's a great player, I just don't see where or how he'd fit.

Wade for the right price. He has knowledge of the game that would help our young core. Price being the operative. We have two albatross contracts now, Deng and Mozgov, we don't need more. If Ervin can rid us of him in 2020 Magic for president.

I hope Magic exercises patience. If he goes on a win now trip it will most likely be a disastrous journey.

I think Carmelo would probably be moved to the 4 if he was here most likely.

As far as where he'd fit, that would depend on him I guess. To get him would mean we'd hav eto start him on Principle, so Ingram or Randle would be moved to the bench, unless Ingram shows he can play the 2 guard position effectively, though I wouldn't do it.

I don't think Melo would be keen on coming off the bench as a super 6th man and wouldn't waive his no trade clause for that.

Although Carmelo in the "Lou Williams" role would probably be perfect at this stage of his career, but he isn't walking away from the Knicks for that.

imo the Celtics, the Wizards and heck even the Clippers should be making moves for him before we do.

He likely however winds up in Cleveland for nothing, if LeBron doesn't win a championship this year.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:08 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
I certainly don't think that Melo's a cancer.

George Karl and every other person has coached Melo in the NBA disagrees with you.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:17 am    Post subject:

Does anybody wanna see Lonzo Ball go to the Knicks and watch the LaVar vs Phil fireworks?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:30 am    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

George Karl and every other person has coached Melo in the NBA disagrees with you.

Funny, because just about every NBA player that's played for George Karl thinks HE is the cancer.

But on to the subject of Melo.

The best number 2 option he ever had was a past his prime Allen Iverson and JR Smith.

if throughout LeBron James's career his 2nd best teammate was JR Smith, how many Championships do you think he'd have won by now?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:44 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Lakers Get:
Carmelo Anthony
Justin Holiday
Ron Baker

Knicks Get:
Luol Deng
Jordan Clarkson

Would be the framework I'd go with.

But considering how low that the Knicks and Phil have lowered the trade value of Carmelo Anthony making him available for relative peanuts, I say we offer them Deng and a future protected 1st for Carmelo and that'd be it

I'd be ok with that, though isn't Justin a FA?
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:51 pm    Post subject:

If the Boston Celtics were smart, they'd be offering that Brooklyn pick to the Knicks for Porzingis whom is having a major fall out with the organization right about this point.
Krispy Kreme
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:24 pm    Post subject:

I knew he'd be a bad CEO/VP or whatever he is. Why? Because I knew his mind games and media digs wouldn't translate well from coaching to being a top executive for a team.

You can't do that stuff as a top executive. It may work well when you're throwing jabs at Kobe, Shaq, etc before a playoff game to fire them up.. but not in a F.O position. Not only has he alienated Melo, but I doubt any notable superstar will want to go to play with the Knicks as long as Phil is there.

He's also dropped the ball on forcing Jeff Hornaceck to run the triangle. Phil isn't the coach anymore. He shouldn't dictate what offense the team runs.

It's a huge mess there in New York. How the Knicks are the #1 profit team in the NBA is amazing to me. They hardly have made the playoffs since Ewing left, and even when they have made it, they have stunk and lost early in the playoffs. Mecca of Basketball my butt.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:42 pm    Post subject:

Krispy Kreme wrote:
I knew he'd be a bad CEO/VP or whatever he is. Why? Because I knew his mind games and media digs wouldn't translate well from coaching to being a top executive for a team.

You can't do that stuff as a top executive. It may work well when you're throwing jabs at Kobe, Shaq, etc before a playoff game to fire them up.. but not in a F.O position. Not only has he alienated Melo, but I doubt any notable superstar will want to go to play with the Knicks as long as Phil is there.

He's also dropped the ball on forcing Jeff Hornaceck to run the triangle. Phil isn't the coach anymore. He shouldn't dictate what offense the team runs.

It's a huge mess there in New York. How the Knicks are the #1 profit team in the NBA is amazing to me. They hardly have made the playoffs since Ewing left, and even when they have made it, they have stunk and lost early in the playoffs. Mecca of Basketball my butt.

As previously posted;
Quote:
Rumor has it Phil's trying to get fired. He won't quit because that would mean he couldn't collect the 12 million he's owed. If he get fired he'll get paid.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:53 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

What other coaches? Jeff Bzdelik and Michael Cooper?

jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:10 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
cathy78 wrote:

tox wrote:
cathy78 wrote:

Getting rid of Deng for an expiring would be a magic wand moment.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:34 pm    Post subject:

say what you want about Jimbo and he may have done it for the wrong reasons but he saved us from having PJax in charge of the Lakers.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:05 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

Coop loves him . . . but Coop knows how to coach women.

Jeff Bzdelik, Mike D'Antoni, Mike Woodson, George Karl - all hated him.
dabask11
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:27 pm    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
say what you want about Jimbo and he may have done it for the wrong reasons but he saved us from having PJax in charge of the Lakers.

But now we have to deal with magic who screams like PJax in terms of ruining a situation.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:31 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

Coop loves him . . . but Coop knows how to coach women.

Jeff Bzdelik, Mike D'Antoni, Mike Woodson, George Karl - all hated him.

Is that a shot at Melo.

He did have it out with his coaches. He's mellowed of late. I don't want him because of his contract but he's a old'y but goody. I don't see him fitting in the rebuilding process.

I read THIS it gave me a new perspective on Melo. SMH However, I take into consideration, Chuck Berry changed, Jack Mosley changed.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4
Jump to: