Lakers Should Honor Mitch Kupchack Next Season
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
PRLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 07 Oct 2016
Posts: 4097

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:40 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
IceInMyVeins wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
rwongega wrote:
He eventually will when time passes. Unfortunately, he allied himself with the wrong Buss and had to go down with his inbred captain.


He didn't ally himself with any Buss. He only did his job. Overreaction by Jeanie, but I hope she can learn from it.


No overreaction. He deserved to be fired. When you do a bad job year after year that's what you deserve.


Yes overreaction. Mitch's NBA knowledge is about 100 times that of our current FO. A consultant role would have been smart, Jeanie has never proven to be smart.


I agree a consultant role would have been smart. He still deserved to be fired.

And oh boy that last statement. I don't know Jeannie personally but graduating USC with honors is not the easiest thing in the world. She had to be a little smart for that.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
PRLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 07 Oct 2016
Posts: 4097

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:41 am    Post subject:

JerryMagicKobe wrote:
IceInMyVeins wrote:
JerryMagicKobe wrote:
IceInMyVeins wrote:
JerryMagicKobe wrote:
IceInMyVeins wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
rwongega wrote:
He eventually will when time passes. Unfortunately, he allied himself with the wrong Buss and had to go down with his inbred captain.


He didn't ally himself with any Buss. He only did his job. Overreaction by Jeanie, but I hope she can learn from it.


No overreaction. He deserved to be fired. When you do a bad job year after year that's what you deserve.

And what do you deserve when you loyally serve a team for 36 years helping them to win 9 Championships?


Relevance? He still deserved to be fired.

I thought this thread was about honoring him after he was fired.


Yes but my response was to ventura's statement about Jeannie overreacting.
I simply asked what the man deserved after 36 years and 9 Championships. Seems reasonable to thank the man for his contributions regardless of why he was fired. Phil was let go. So was Riley. Even Magic left the team for a while. Shaq was traded and smacked everyone on the way out the door. Mitch was nothing but class and poise. A true gentleman and had more FO success than all but a handful of elite GMs. He earned his rings and deserves to be recognized.


Yes, I didn't argue against any of that. Just argued that it was no overreaction by Jeannie to fire him. What's so hard to understand about that?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 17 Sep 2008
Posts: 14162
Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:41 am    Post subject:

IceInMyVeins wrote:
JerryMagicKobe wrote:
IceInMyVeins wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
rwongega wrote:
He eventually will when time passes. Unfortunately, he allied himself with the wrong Buss and had to go down with his inbred captain.


He didn't ally himself with any Buss. He only did his job. Overreaction by Jeanie, but I hope she can learn from it.


No overreaction. He deserved to be fired. When you do a bad job year after year that's what you deserve.

And what do you deserve when you loyally serve a team for 36 years helping them to win 9 Championships?


Relevance? He still deserved to be fired.


This thread is about whether or not Mitch should be honored. It is your posts, focused on a nebulous argument of how he 'deserved to be fired,' that are irrelevant.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 17 Sep 2008
Posts: 14162
Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:42 am    Post subject:

IceInMyVeins wrote:
No...


First response to the OP's question - and then backtracked from like crazy.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
PRLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 07 Oct 2016
Posts: 4097

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:43 am    Post subject:

TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
IceInMyVeins wrote:
JerryMagicKobe wrote:
IceInMyVeins wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
rwongega wrote:
He eventually will when time passes. Unfortunately, he allied himself with the wrong Buss and had to go down with his inbred captain.


He didn't ally himself with any Buss. He only did his job. Overreaction by Jeanie, but I hope she can learn from it.


No overreaction. He deserved to be fired. When you do a bad job year after year that's what you deserve.

And what do you deserve when you loyally serve a team for 36 years helping them to win 9 Championships?


Relevance? He still deserved to be fired.


This thread is about whether or not Mitch should be honored. It is your posts, focused on a nebulous argument of how he 'deserved to be fired,' that are irrelevant.


Completely true. If my post is irrelevant then ventura's post is as well. But if you're really gonna go thread by thread calling out the people that derail threads then be my guest. That would be great.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
PRLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 07 Oct 2016
Posts: 4097

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:43 am    Post subject:

TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
IceInMyVeins wrote:
No...


First response to the OP's question - and then backtracked from like crazy.


You're better than that right? Afterwards I clarified. Look it up.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
JerryMagicKobe
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 28 Jul 2005
Posts: 13656

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:45 am    Post subject:

IceInMyVeins wrote:
JerryMagicKobe wrote:
IceInMyVeins wrote:
JerryMagicKobe wrote:
IceInMyVeins wrote:
JerryMagicKobe wrote:
IceInMyVeins wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
rwongega wrote:
He eventually will when time passes. Unfortunately, he allied himself with the wrong Buss and had to go down with his inbred captain.


He didn't ally himself with any Buss. He only did his job. Overreaction by Jeanie, but I hope she can learn from it.


No overreaction. He deserved to be fired. When you do a bad job year after year that's what you deserve.

And what do you deserve when you loyally serve a team for 36 years helping them to win 9 Championships?


Relevance? He still deserved to be fired.

I thought this thread was about honoring him after he was fired.


Yes but my response was to ventura's statement about Jeannie overreacting.
I simply asked what the man deserved after 36 years and 9 Championships. Seems reasonable to thank the man for his contributions regardless of why he was fired. Phil was let go. So was Riley. Even Magic left the team for a while. Shaq was traded and smacked everyone on the way out the door. Mitch was nothing but class and poise. A true gentleman and had more FO success than all but a handful of elite GMs. He earned his rings and deserves to be recognized.


Yes, I didn't argue against any of that. Just argued that it was no overreaction by Jeannie to fire him. What's so hard to understand about that?
Oh wait. Are you saying he deserved to be fired?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
PRLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 07 Oct 2016
Posts: 4097

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:46 am    Post subject:

JerryMagicKobe wrote:
IceInMyVeins wrote:
JerryMagicKobe wrote:
IceInMyVeins wrote:
JerryMagicKobe wrote:
IceInMyVeins wrote:
JerryMagicKobe wrote:
IceInMyVeins wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
rwongega wrote:
He eventually will when time passes. Unfortunately, he allied himself with the wrong Buss and had to go down with his inbred captain.


He didn't ally himself with any Buss. He only did his job. Overreaction by Jeanie, but I hope she can learn from it.


No overreaction. He deserved to be fired. When you do a bad job year after year that's what you deserve.

And what do you deserve when you loyally serve a team for 36 years helping them to win 9 Championships?


Relevance? He still deserved to be fired.

I thought this thread was about honoring him after he was fired.


Yes but my response was to ventura's statement about Jeannie overreacting.
I simply asked what the man deserved after 36 years and 9 Championships. Seems reasonable to thank the man for his contributions regardless of why he was fired. Phil was let go. So was Riley. Even Magic left the team for a while. Shaq was traded and smacked everyone on the way out the door. Mitch was nothing but class and poise. A true gentleman and had more FO success than all but a handful of elite GMs. He earned his rings and deserves to be recognized.


Yes, I didn't argue against any of that. Just argued that it was no overreaction by Jeannie to fire him. What's so hard to understand about that?
Oh wait. Are you saying he deserved to be fired?


Yes. 4 straight losing seasons. Or do you like to reward failure?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
JerryMagicKobe
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 28 Jul 2005
Posts: 13656

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:48 am    Post subject:

IceInMyVeins wrote:
JerryMagicKobe wrote:
IceInMyVeins wrote:
JerryMagicKobe wrote:
IceInMyVeins wrote:
JerryMagicKobe wrote:
IceInMyVeins wrote:
JerryMagicKobe wrote:
IceInMyVeins wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
rwongega wrote:
He eventually will when time passes. Unfortunately, he allied himself with the wrong Buss and had to go down with his inbred captain.


He didn't ally himself with any Buss. He only did his job. Overreaction by Jeanie, but I hope she can learn from it.


No overreaction. He deserved to be fired. When you do a bad job year after year that's what you deserve.

And what do you deserve when you loyally serve a team for 36 years helping them to win 9 Championships?


Relevance? He still deserved to be fired.

I thought this thread was about honoring him after he was fired.


Yes but my response was to ventura's statement about Jeannie overreacting.
I simply asked what the man deserved after 36 years and 9 Championships. Seems reasonable to thank the man for his contributions regardless of why he was fired. Phil was let go. So was Riley. Even Magic left the team for a while. Shaq was traded and smacked everyone on the way out the door. Mitch was nothing but class and poise. A true gentleman and had more FO success than all but a handful of elite GMs. He earned his rings and deserves to be recognized.


Yes, I didn't argue against any of that. Just argued that it was no overreaction by Jeannie to fire him. What's so hard to understand about that?
Oh wait. Are you saying he deserved to be fired?


Yes. 4 straight losing seasons. Or do you like to reward failure?

Yeah, but did he deserve to be fired? He did right?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
67ShelbyGT
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 11 May 2008
Posts: 3990

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:09 am    Post subject:

Mitch def should be honored but I dont see it for another 3 seasons. He was great at trading for (plucking) underutilized talent in other rosters. Nance, Zu, Gasol, JC were some nice picks as well.

Make it a Mitch night and hand out magic wands.
_________________
Alltime lineup: Magic | Kobe | MJ | Hakeem | KAJ
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 80978

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:09 am    Post subject:

67ShelbyGT wrote:
Mitch def should be honored but I dont see it for another 3 seasons. He was great at trading for (plucking) underutilized talent in other rosters. Nance, Zu, Gasol, JC were some nice picks as well.

Make it a Mitch night and hand out magic wands.


Mitch Wands. Would be a nice touch.
_________________
2 Max Scenarios:

-JC out for $0/Deng stretched = 57.6m in 2018 cap space
-Same as above and Jules renounced/traded for $0 = 69.9m in 2018 cap space

2 of 4 of these players will be Lakers in 2018 (LBJ/PG13/WB/Boogie)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
kwase
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 21 Mar 2008
Posts: 1949

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:32 am    Post subject:

Poor Mitch...he got hitched to a wagon with no wheels.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 17 Apr 2006
Posts: 13987

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:51 am    Post subject:

cKPayasoLoco wrote:
IceInMyVeins wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
rwongega wrote:
He eventually will when time passes. Unfortunately, he allied himself with the wrong Buss and had to go down with his inbred captain.


He didn't ally himself with any Buss. He only did his job. Overreaction by Jeanie, but I hope she can learn from it.


No overreaction. He deserved to be fired. When you do a bad job year after year that's what you deserve.

Yep people acting like he wa an innocent bystander. If it wasn't for Kobe's brilliance he would have been fine a lot sooner
Last time I checked, Kobe didn't win any championship all by his lonesome. Team needed to be built to get those rings. Mitch did that in spades.
_________________
Music is my medicine
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 13 Apr 2001
Posts: 26090

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:18 pm    Post subject:

Did the Lakers do anything to honor Jerry West when he left? Mitch should get a lesser version of what West got, whatever that may or may not have been, obviously excluding the accolades and honors West got as a player.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 80978

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:28 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
Did the Lakers do anything to honor Jerry West when he left? Mitch should get a lesser version of what West got, whatever that may or may not have been, obviously excluding the accolades and honors West got as a player.


Well, West is tough b/c he was such an iconic basketball player also (ergo his statue outside Staples).
_________________
2 Max Scenarios:

-JC out for $0/Deng stretched = 57.6m in 2018 cap space
-Same as above and Jules renounced/traded for $0 = 69.9m in 2018 cap space

2 of 4 of these players will be Lakers in 2018 (LBJ/PG13/WB/Boogie)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
MIMLaker
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 18 Jul 2001
Posts: 9392
Location: Los Angeles/ Alhambra, CA

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:13 pm    Post subject:

I've long said that Mitch was the Tom Hagen (from Godfather) or Quintus (from Gladiator) of the Laker empire. Not a blood-member of the family, but has remained loyal to it...

...whether it was run by the patriarch (Dr. Buss/ Don Corleone/ Caesar)...
...or the son of questionable temperament and judgment (Jim/ Sonny and Michael/ Commodus)...
...and while the daughter looked on and sought to restore her father's legacy (Jeanie/ Connie/ Lucilla).

Except now, imagine the movies if Hagen was killed in Part 2, or Quintus got executed in the arena by Lucilla's own dagger.

Mitch should be respected for his years of devoted service.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Jul 2006
Posts: 46576
Location: Coming soon and striking at your borders.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:19 pm    Post subject:

Everything comes back to The Godfather, i love it.
_________________
LAVAR 3:16...

Hypebeasts we know aboutchea'
Don't rep the Lakers unless they popular...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 80978

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:21 pm    Post subject:

City_Dawg wrote:
Everything comes back to The Godfather, i love it.


Jeannie should have asked Mitch if he was loyal. And Mitch, in Sicilian dialect would say yes.
_________________
2 Max Scenarios:

-JC out for $0/Deng stretched = 57.6m in 2018 cap space
-Same as above and Jules renounced/traded for $0 = 69.9m in 2018 cap space

2 of 4 of these players will be Lakers in 2018 (LBJ/PG13/WB/Boogie)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Sep 2001
Posts: 6603
Location: Eagle Rock

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:39 pm    Post subject:

Of course Mitch should be honored. He is a big part of our glory decades of the 80's and the 2000's.

I think a lot the things he did recently were Jimbo's fault.
_________________
R.I.P. Doc Buss

LeBronzo JamBall 2018

"I think we often overlook the best way for a team like these Lakers to obtain star level players is to turn their current players into stars, rather than looking for outside help."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Yumyumcha
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 23 Jun 2005
Posts: 725

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:13 pm    Post subject:

IceInMyVeins wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
IceInMyVeins wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
rwongega wrote:
He eventually will when time passes. Unfortunately, he allied himself with the wrong Buss and had to go down with his inbred captain.


He didn't ally himself with any Buss. He only did his job. Overreaction by Jeanie, but I hope she can learn from it.


No overreaction. He deserved to be fired. When you do a bad job year after year that's what you deserve.


Yes overreaction. Mitch's NBA knowledge is about 100 times that of our current FO. A consultant role would have been smart, Jeanie has never proven to be smart.


I agree a consultant role would have been smart. He still deserved to be fired.

And oh boy that last statement. I don't know Jeannie personally but graduating USC with honors is not the easiest thing in the world. She had to be a little smart for that.


Is it, it is USC after all. (yes, Bruin here)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
defense
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 12 Jan 2010
Posts: 23132

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:17 pm    Post subject:

Lakers should honor me. I have been a fan for over 30 years



A statue is nice but I'll settle for lifetime court side seats.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Chase.button07
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 19 Feb 2017
Posts: 4870

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:19 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
IceInMyVeins wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
rwongega wrote:
He eventually will when time passes. Unfortunately, he allied himself with the wrong Buss and had to go down with his inbred captain.


He didn't ally himself with any Buss. He only did his job. Overreaction by Jeanie, but I hope she can learn from it.


No overreaction. He deserved to be fired. When you do a bad job year after year that's what you deserve.


Yes overreaction. Mitch's NBA knowledge is about 100 times that of our current FO. A consultant role would have been smart, Jeanie has never proven to be smart.


blatant lies
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 24 Dec 2007
Posts: 27713
Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Washington, DC

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:29 pm    Post subject:

Sucks that Mitch went out the way he did. Ideally, he should have gotten a sinecure with the title of "Senior Advisor" or something.
_________________
Damian Lillard shatters Dwight Coward's championship dreams:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZrbEjppnd4
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Reply with quote
Staccatos
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 16 Jul 2002
Posts: 520

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:30 pm    Post subject:

Mitch Kupchak will be honored by the Lakers if/when one of these three things happen:

1. Lakers retire Kupchak's jersey #25 (not going to happen)
2. Voted into the Naismith Hall of Fame (not going to happen)
3. Mitch Kupchak passes away (sorry)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 02 Jan 2011
Posts: 29075
Location: Torrance

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:33 pm    Post subject:

Staccatos wrote:
Mitch Kupchak will be honored by the Lakers if/when one of these three things happen:

1. Lakers retire Kupchak's jersey #25 (not going to happen)
2. Voted into the Naismith Hall of Fame (not going to happen)
3. Mitch Kupchak passes away (sorry)


I was about to post this. How exactly would they honor him? Kevin Johnson got a signed ball during a timeout for saving the Kings and it was the most awkward thing ever.

A moment of silence on option 3, sadly, I think is the appropriate route.
_________________
Smash-mouth basketball - Officially Dead (2014-2017)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2010 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB