Aaron Hernandez commits suicide in prison
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:28 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Bummer about the degree of his brain injuries.

You know what's also a bummer?

Being murdered.

Yes, this doesn't excuse his crime. It just adds perspective, and it's good to find out why something happened. It appears that this is probably on the same level as a mentally-ill person committing a crime.

A lot of former NFL players have suffered from CTE, one has committed murder. “Why” is a highly subjective term. There is nothing to support it. But there is the fact that Hernandez was a gang banger growing up. Maybe that is the why.

I don't know how many "gang banger's" have grown up and become solid citizens, do any of you?. I'm not excusing Hernandez I just don't think it's fair to make that a conclusive reason for his killing Lloyd.

He was a troubled kid after the death of his father.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:40 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Bummer about the degree of his brain injuries.

You know what's also a bummer?

Being murdered.

Yes, this doesn't excuse his crime. It just adds perspective, and it's good to find out why something happened. It appears that this is probably on the same level as a mentally-ill person committing a crime.

A lot of former NFL players have suffered from CTE, one has committed murder. “Why” is a highly subjective term. There is nothing to support it. But there is the fact that Hernandez was a gang banger growing up. Maybe that is the why.

I don't know how many "gang banger's" have grown up and become solid citizens, do any of you?. I'm not excusing Hernandez I just don't think it's fair to make that a conclusive reason for his killing Lloyd.

He was a troubled kid after the death of his father.

Sure, lots of gang bangers have reformed themselves. And lots have continued the life and become killers. We know which direction Hernandez went, so I don't know why we are debating what he could have done.

And lots of people are troubled by the loss of their father in their youth without becoming gang bangers or killers.

I'm not sure why some people are hesitant to just acknowledge that Hernandez was a bad dude who had all the opportunity to become a decent citizen and chose to continue down the path of evil.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5
Jump to: