Lakers Should Honor Mitch Kupchack Next Season
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:43 am    Post subject: Lakers Should Honor Mitch Kupchack Next Season

Right now I'm sure it's too soon and some wounds need to heal. Mitch has gone through some tough times at home with his daughter passing away recently. Say what you want about him in today's social media driven NBA and other modern peculiarities, but the Lakers really should honor him next season.

I'm not even getting into the debates about how much credit he deserves for the rings, but he was the head architect.
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:48 am    Post subject:

No...
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:51 am    Post subject:

IceInMyVeins wrote:
No...

Curious to know why you wouldn't want to give him some props as a long-time Lakers GM. He's essentially been with the Lakers since the 1980s.
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:53 am    Post subject:

A guy who has been a part of the franchise for 30 years deserves a bit more than a blurb in a press release.

!...
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:55 am    Post subject:

City_Dawg wrote:
A guy who has been a part of the franchise for 30 years deserves a bit more than a blurb in a press release.

Exactly. Obviously a bit too raw this season to have done it, but next season? Absolutely. Lakers need to show that class for a long-time Lakers soldier.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:01 am    Post subject:

It'll happen eventually, but I doubt it happens that soon. That was a messy, messy break.
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:04 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
IceInMyVeins wrote:
No...

Curious to know why you wouldn't want to give him some props as a long-time Lakers GM. He's essentially been with the Lakers since the 1980s.

Well you're OP says you don't want to get into debates. I was nice enough to grant your wish yet now you want to debate over it... which one is it?
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:05 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
It'll happen eventually, but I doubt it happens that soon. That was a messy, messy break.

I agree. Maybe once we are a top 4 team in the West again, if that day ever comes
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:05 am    Post subject:

IceInMyVeins wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
IceInMyVeins wrote:
No...

Well you're OP says you don't want to get into debates. I was nice enough to grant your wish yet now you want to debate over it... which one is it?

Is there a specific reason why you don't think he deserves some accolades from the franchise other than one's assessment that he may/may not be a good GM? For example, did he do something that violated team policy or did another a favor that hurt the Lakers?
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:08 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
IceInMyVeins wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
IceInMyVeins wrote:
No...

Is there a specific reason why you don't think he deserves some accolades from the franchise other than one's assessment that he may/may not be a good GM? For example, did he do something that violated team policy or did another a favor that hurt the Lakers?

Not the best example. There are a bunch of players, coaches, and front office staff that have not violated team policy or hurt the Lakers and shouldn't be honored.
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:09 am    Post subject:

City_Dawg wrote:

PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:13 am    Post subject:

So how should they honor him exactly? Cause a statue and a photo on some hallway are two different degrees of "honoring" someone.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:14 am    Post subject:

IceInMyVeins wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
IceInMyVeins wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
IceInMyVeins wrote:
No...

Not the best example. There are a bunch of players, coaches, and front office staff that have not violated team policy or hurt the Lakers and shouldn't be honored.

Well that's just a generic example. Is there something that he did that was a crime against the Lakers, when considering the breadth and span of his Lakers career?

I'm not saying that we need to erect a statute of Mitch, but I do think it would be a nice gesture by the current FO to honor him. That's how you heal and move on after the swift coup in February. I had a sense Mitch's end was coming soon and perhaps he may have even considered retirement.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:17 am    Post subject:

They should but I doubt they will.
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:18 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
IceInMyVeins wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
IceInMyVeins wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
IceInMyVeins wrote:
No...

Well that's just a generic example. Is there something that he did that was a crime against the Lakers, when considering the breadth and span of his Lakers career?

I'm not saying that we need to erect a statute of Mitch, but I do think it would be a nice gesture by the current FO to honor him. That's how you heal and move on after the swift coup in February. I had a sense Mitch's end was coming soon and perhaps he may have even considered retirement.

Honor him how? Different degrees of honoring someone. My first "No..." response was for a statue or some equivalent honor. But yeah sure if you want a nice handshake and standing ovation in some meaningless game next season then yeah sure. Heck give him a plaque that will likely get dusty somewhere.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:21 am    Post subject:

Mitch K. bobblehead night.

Or people can download the Mitch K. "Siri" app voice.
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:22 am    Post subject:

I'm with you, yinome. The ouster/takeover was pretty brutal and he definitely deserved better. The fact that he still handled it with such amazing class in his press release is all the more reason why he was owed much better than he unceremoniously received.

I'm not really certain what they can do for him but, after some time has passed, hopefully they get creative.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:24 am    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
I'm with you, yinome. The ouster/takeover was pretty brutal and he definitely deserved better. The fact that he still handled it with such amazing class in his press release is all the more reason why he was owed much better than he unceremoniously received.

I'm not really certain what they can do for him but, after some time has passed, hopefully they get creative.

Re: Jim Buss, that bridge is burned beyond recognition.

But Mitch? Dude was a constant since the 2000s as the face of the FO. He was obviously less acerbic than someone like John Black (who is liked by a lot of media).
LuciusAllen
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:32 am    Post subject:

They should make a statue of him, standing rigid and expressionless in one of the tunnels.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:39 am    Post subject:

LuciusAllen wrote:
They should make a statue of him, standing rigid and expressionless in one of the tunnels.

silkwilkes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:45 am    Post subject:

Mitch had nothing to do with the sibling feud... nothing. In fact, he took extreme caution to completely stay clear of it.

If Jeannie feels anything negative towards Mitch, it's all on her.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:46 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Mitch K. bobblehead night.

Or people can download the Mitch K. "Siri" app voice.

The one that doesn't say (bleep).
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:04 am    Post subject:

Nope honor him whenever we honor the teams he won rings on as a player but as a gm nope adios
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:05 am    Post subject: Re: Lakers Should Honor Mitch Kupchack Next Season

yinoma2001 wrote:
Right now I'm sure it's too soon and some wounds need to heal. Mitch has gone through some tough times at home with his daughter passing away recently. Say what you want about him in today's social media driven NBA and other modern peculiarities, but the Lakers really should honor him next season.

I'm not even getting into the debates about how much credit he deserves for the rings, but he was the head architect.

The Logo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:08 am    Post subject:

I honestly doubt it happens although he should be honored for his years of service
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5
Jump to: