Hello from San Antonio...

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
clark101857
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 1:09 pm    Post subject: Hello from San Antonio...

Hi everybody,

I haven't written a post here in Lakersground for about a year. I was making lots of fans upset both here and in San Antonio. If I wrote something positive about Lakers, a lot of Laker fans thought that I was being condescending. If I wrote anything that even looked remotely negative, of course, I would get clobbered.

That having been said, I just say to my friends in LA--don't give up, guys. It probably will take 2-3 years to rebuild. For a team like the Lakers, who are accustomed to being in the playoffs year after year, I know this is a bitter pill to swallow.

But it is not a foregone conclusion that LA will be out of the playoffs this year. I think that every step has to be looked like just one more step on the road to recovery. There will be bumps in the road--because that is life itself. I always like to speak about basketball as being the perfect metaphor for life itself. The best team doesn't always win; on any given day, heart can overcome brawn.

Being a lifelong Spurs fan, I became accustomed to having my heart broken either in the regular season or in the playoffs. The current winning that the Spurs have shown over the past few years is icing on the cake.

I believe the purple and gold will be back--and alot sooner that alot of people think. Perhaps one or two good solid role players to put next to Kobe Bryant is all that is needed.

On a post-script--since I have not written in about a year--I wanted to say a huge thank you to Kobe Bryant. A few days ago, a reporter asked Kobe if Tony Parker deserved a slot on the All-Star team. Kobe said that was a no-brainer.

Tony has huge respect for Kobe--when told he was on the All-Star team a few days ago, a San Antonio reporter asked Tony for his reaction. He replied that he felt blessed to be able to play alongside Kobe Bryant.

I look forward to the All-Star game to see Tony Parker and Tim play alongside Kobe Bryant. These three players have immense respect for each other.

As do I.

Best wishes to everyone from a friend in San Antonio.

Last edited by clark101857 on Sun Feb 12, 2006 1:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
DaggerInTheHeart
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 1:10 pm    Post subject:

Hello Clark!
lakerboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 1:31 pm    Post subject:

hello clark, i have always appreciated your posts
bambam
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 1:32 pm    Post subject:

good to see you back clark.. ive always enjoyed your posts..
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 1:33 pm    Post subject:

Clarkie ... I was wondering what happenned to you.

Good to see you man. Don't worry - Like I always told you - you should post here as much you want to.

It may not be 2-3 years of re-building if certain things go through
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
DaggerInTheHeart
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 1:35 pm    Post subject:

P.S. did anyone see Gino's 3 at the end of the game? that was crazy.
magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 1:40 pm    Post subject:

Nice to have ya back clark.
Stephon Marbury on Kobe: "He's the only person on 'dis earth that can do 'dat. He guards people, like shuts 'em down. Then, to do 'dat on 'da offensive end. It's like 'Damn, I can't score on him AND he about to bust my ass."
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 1:42 pm    Post subject:

Hey clark, good to see you around again, your posts are always a joy to read. Don't worry about the haters, there a lot of people here that appreciate your insight.

And I've always felt that the Spurs organization gave Kobe a lot of respect. I know Pop has said some nice things about Kobe in the press as well.

Anyway, don't be a stranger. Take it easy.
VEN_150
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 1:42 pm    Post subject:

enjoy the spurs good fortune, when the time comes, may a laker fan send you a note of encouragement one day also, when we're back on top

for Horry and nick, i actually hope you guys win it this year
angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 1:53 pm    Post subject:

Andrew should be ready in a couple of years. It should become competitive by that time.
Das
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 2:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Hello from San Antonio...

clark101857 wrote:
Hi everybody,

I haven't written a post here in Lakersground for about a year. I was making lots of fans upset both here and in San Antonio. If I wrote something positive about Lakers, a lot of Laker fans thought that I was being condescending. If I wrote anything that even looked remotely negative, of course, I would get clobbered.

That having been said, I just say to my friends in LA--don't give up, guys. It probably will take 2-3 years to rebuild. For a team like the Lakers, who are accustomed to being in the playoffs year after year, I know this is a bitter pill to swallow.

But it is not a foregone conclusion that LA will be out of the playoffs this year. I think that every step has to be looked like just one more step on the road to recovery. There will be bumps in the road--because that is life itself. I always like to speak about basketball as being the perfect metaphor for life itself. The best team doesn't always win; on any given day, heart can overcome brawn.

Being a lifelong Spurs fan, I became accustomed to having my heart broken either in the regular season or in the playoffs. The current winning that the Spurs have shown over the past few years is icing on the cake.

I believe the purple and gold will be back--and alot sooner that alot of people think. Perhaps one or two good solid role players to put next to Kobe Bryant is all that is needed.

On a post-script--since I have not written in about a year--I wanted to say a huge thank you to Kobe Bryant. A few days ago, a reporter asked Kobe if Tony Parker deserved a slot on the All-Star team. Kobe said that was a no-brainer.

Tony has huge respect for Kobe--when told he was on the All-Star team a few days ago, a San Antonio reporter asked Tony for his reaction. He replied that he felt blessed to be able to play alongside Kobe Bryant.

I look forward to the All-Star game to see Tony Parker and Tim play alongside Kobe Bryant. These three players have immense respect for each other.

As do I.

It's only a matter of time before someone says...

"I've always liked Tony Parker, he's a hard working PG that we're lacking. What would it take for him to be in the P&G uniform?"

"Let's trade Smush and Slava for Tony Parker"
alexjlake_gr8t
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 2:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Hello from San Antonio...

clark101857 wrote:
Hi everybody,

As do I.

'Sup Clark?!

Long time no hear..
I was thinking the other day, we are so caught up in Odom making boneheaded plays down the stretch that I am missing the old Spurs hatred days
Now I kinda live vicariously through you hoping you can again get over the Pistons hump...
I remember you, Wolfpcklkr, Lkrjam, etc. giving one another the business like no other!!! MAN those were the days...
Anywho, dont stay away too long, we need more level headedness around these parts...
Serious NBA Fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 2:56 pm    Post subject:

Welcome back. The Spurs are the team to beat in the West and deserve the success thay have.

By the way, half of your post was negative and the other half was condescending!
Sonicc64
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 3:21 pm    Post subject:

was it negative to say that we aren't gonna make the playoffs?

cause I don't think we will, unless something wonderful happens.
Sage_10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 3:24 pm    Post subject:

Just out of curiosity Clark, why did you decide to join LG? Were you a one time Lakers fan? Well, best wishes man. If L.A. doesn't win the ring (they won't) I hope it goes through S.A.
AirKobe8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 3:31 pm    Post subject:

Hey man, welcome back, just make sure you stop the Heat for us
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 3:41 pm    Post subject:

Welcome back Clark. I don't understand why some people here are hostile towards you when you try to be sympathetic towards us, but your faith and optomism is a breath of fresh air, especially with all the negative people on this board who are always looking to scapegoat someone for our problems. Especially coming from a fan of arguably our biggest rival during our better years.
K8KillerInstinct
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 3:45 pm    Post subject:

Hey Clark, welcome back. It was great to read your posts.
LakerFan4Lyfe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 3:46 pm    Post subject:

AirKobe8 wrote:

hell no!!! I want the heat to be playoffs exit only dreaming to make the finals!! I cant the east coast!!!
AirKobe8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 3:49 pm    Post subject:

LakerFan4Lyfe wrote:
AirKobe8 wrote:

hell no!!! I want the heat to be playoffs exit only dreaming to make the finals!! I cant the east coast!!!

Nah man, just imagine Wade's face after Parker hits a buzzer beater in his face to clinhc a 4-0 sweep.

The higher they go, the bigger they fall.
LakerFan4Lyfe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 4:35 pm    Post subject:

Other than the Lakers making it....

I rather see San Antonio vs Detroit..... same old teams BORING boring boring boring.... Lakers only have to proove that they can beat Detroit... and thats it..
jrod88
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 4:39 pm    Post subject:

Nice to see you back Clark, I too always have enjoyed your posts. You definetely are an asset to this forum.

I hope you start posting more often again.
angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 4:48 pm    Post subject:

Detroit just went down to Miami, but I expect them to come out of the East. The Spurs figure to come out of the West. It's a matter of staying healthy.
SoCal88
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 5:19 pm    Post subject:

Wassup, Clark!?
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 5:23 pm    Post subject:

Congrats on your win against the Pacers even though I wanted them to win. They are my team despite sucking at the end.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: