Rank Our Young Core (Trade Asset-Wise)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:50 am    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:
We really don't know how Magic and company really think until we see them make a move.

By dumping Mitch and Jim, and their numerous proclamations of getting a star now and competing for the playoffs.

Unless you believe it's the greatest smokescreen ever and they just want to tank for a few years.

Well I think Magic is the next Isaiah but I can't prove that yet.

I don't think Pelinka is just going to trade away our young players for the hell of it especially if there is a considerable chance George comes here in FA.

We really don't have the flexibility as last year because of MozDeng. Take those contracts off the backs, I could see them making bigger moves.

They need to be smart. We are trying to build a championship team. If you trade 2 assets for George, that will never happen.

That's what WE may think but his many public comments show a different strategy.
Roon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:24 pm    Post subject:

oldschool32 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
vdogg11 wrote:
what is the obsession with paul George? I simply don't get it. great player, but not a superstar. plays the same position as ingram. will be a free agent next summer. won't get us past the warriors in the postseason anytime soon. in three years, i'd rather have a 22 year old, seasoned ingram ready to dominate than a 30 year old George. rather have a 24 year old D'Angelo, too. you can burn right through George's prime waiting for the warriors to come back down to earth. let's be smart about this.

He's a star. The more debatable point is why the Lakers should trade premium asssets for him now as opposed to waiting for 2018.

PG could easily play on the wings next to Ingram. The length on d would be a problem for opposing teams. Just need some long, athletic, skilled front court players. I'd prefer to sign George in free agency, unless the Pacers are interested in a package built around Clarkson and Randle or a third team is involved.

Oh is that all we would need?
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:30 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
vdogg11 wrote:
what is the obsession with paul George? I simply don't get it. great player, but not a superstar. plays the same position as ingram. will be a free agent next summer. won't get us past the warriors in the postseason anytime soon. in three years, i'd rather have a 22 year old, seasoned ingram ready to dominate than a 30 year old George. rather have a 24 year old D'Angelo, too. you can burn right through George's prime waiting for the warriors to come back down to earth. let's be smart about this.

He's a star. The more debatable point is why the Lakers should trade premium asssets for him now as opposed to waiting for 2018.

Just wait, he can make an impact but he's not a franchise changer type of player.
70sdude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:17 am    Post subject:

Roon wrote:
oldschool32 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
vdogg11 wrote:

PG could easily play on the wings next to Ingram. The length on d would be a problem for opposing teams. Just need some long, athletic, skilled front court players. I'd prefer to sign George in free agency, unless the Pacers are interested in a package built around Clarkson and Randle or a third team is involved.

Oh is that all we would need?

Exactly. The whole league wants that, never mind how these vague labels get tossed around around as if inter-player chemistry and player-system fit matters little. Hell, I might make the case that we're overloaded with that precise player profile already ("some long, athletic, skilled front court players"): Ingram, Randle, Nance, Brewer, Deng. It's still a work in process to figure out what this group can do together, or with what subsequent transaction shapes up to help the overall team best.
BobbyB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:34 am    Post subject:

CRoost wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
vdogg11 wrote:

Just wait, he can make an impact but he's not a franchise changer type of player.

You are right. But there is only one person who fits that criteria LeBron

IMO although improved Offensively. George hasn't proven hes a go to guy offensively, and is actually better in a balanced team system...Which is actually really good for us...

Hes 37% from 3 on his career!!!on 5 attempts per game...Elite at attacking the basket off the dribble on closeouts...

These are two criteria that are crucial for someone who will play the 3 and 4 spot...

not to mention he is an elite Defender at multiple positions.

So while I agree hes not going to propel us into championship contender alone. He is a perfect piece for Modern NBA basketball and what this team is trying to build.

As Yinoma pointed out. The debate should be more centered around what are you willing to give up?
BobbyB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:35 am    Post subject:

Oh yeah hes 27
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5
Jump to: