Kobe Bryant's Mamba League

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 26 Dec 2012
Posts: 26218

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:15 pm    Post subject: Kobe Bryant's Mamba League

Kobe Bryant tackling game's fundamental problem with Mamba League

In a partnership with Nike and the Los Angeles Boys & Girls Club, he launched the Mamba League.

Quote:
The 40-team co-ed youth basketball division ran for eight weeks from February through April, focusing on underserved elementary school children from the nearby areas of Nickerson Gardens in Watts, Whittier, West San Gabriel Valley and Venice.

The premise is simple: teach the basic fundamentals of the game, instill core values of teamwork and find joy through sport.



http://sports.yahoo.com/news/kobe-bryant-tackling-games-fundamentals-mamba-league-233559069.html
_________________
www.trendydeckpost.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
67ShelbyGT
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 11 May 2008
Posts: 3990

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Kobe Bryant's Mamba League

pio2u wrote:
Kobe Bryant tackling game's fundamental problem with Mamba League

In a partnership with Nike and the Los Angeles Boys & Girls Club, he launched the Mamba League.

Quote:
The 40-team co-ed youth basketball division ran for eight weeks from February through April, focusing on underserved elementary school children from the nearby areas of Nickerson Gardens in Watts, Whittier, West San Gabriel Valley and Venice.

The premise is simple: teach the basic fundamentals of the game, instill core values of teamwork and find joy through sport.



http://sports.yahoo.com/news/kobe-bryant-tackling-games-fundamentals-mamba-league-233559069.html


Great initiative by Kobe, Nike, B&C Clubs. Kobe hates AAU and blames them for the lack of fundamentals in the game today, and he's right. AAU needs to go and their $ hungry boosters.
_________________
Alltime lineup: Magic | Kobe | MJ | Hakeem | KAJ
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
danzag
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 Apr 2013
Posts: 9650
Location: Brazil

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:18 am    Post subject:

That's great. Teach them the way they do it in Europe.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 16 Nov 2015
Posts: 10731

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:44 am    Post subject:

Great initiative from Kobe
_________________
https://j.gifs.com/Rnqnbk.gif
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
12
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 03 Sep 2010
Posts: 7430

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Kobe Bryant's Mamba League

67ShelbyGT wrote:
pio2u wrote:
Kobe Bryant tackling game's fundamental problem with Mamba League

In a partnership with Nike and the Los Angeles Boys & Girls Club, he launched the Mamba League.

Quote:
The 40-team co-ed youth basketball division ran for eight weeks from February through April, focusing on underserved elementary school children from the nearby areas of Nickerson Gardens in Watts, Whittier, West San Gabriel Valley and Venice.

The premise is simple: teach the basic fundamentals of the game, instill core values of teamwork and find joy through sport.



http://sports.yahoo.com/news/kobe-bryant-tackling-games-fundamentals-mamba-league-233559069.html


Great initiative by Kobe, Nike, B&C Clubs. Kobe hates AAU and blames them for the lack of fundamentals in the game today, and he's right. AAU needs to go and their $ hungry boosters.


I've been hearing a lot of this recently.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
PartyMan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 29 Jan 2016
Posts: 141
Location: The Dark Side of the Moon

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:43 pm    Post subject:

Kobe fundamentals to much.

Seriously though, this is great stuff. He's always been against AAU style of play. I tend to agree.
_________________
We pour this booze and we drink this booze because we think it's yummy. YUMMY! So over the tounge and down the throat to party in our tummys.
DOWN THE HOLA BITC*OLA!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 03 Feb 2004
Posts: 21374

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:21 pm    Post subject:

Well this explains his soon to be appearance on Jimmy Fallon
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 26 Dec 2012
Posts: 26218

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:20 am    Post subject:

*Kobe Bryant forms ‘Mamba League’ to teach kids fundamentals


Quote:
“Right now, I think we’re putting too much pressure on these kids too early, and they’re not learning proper technique of how to shoot the ball, or proper technique of spacing,” Bryant said. “It winds up eating away at their confidence. As teachers, we need to have patience to teach things piece by piece by piece. Over time, they’ll develop as basketball players, but you can’t just rush it all at once.”


https://www.si.com/nba/2017/04/20/kobe-bryant-mamba-league


*Kobe Bryant And Nike Announce The Mamba League For LA Youth

Quote:
THE MAMBA LEAGUE IS A FUN LEAGUE,” BRYANT SAYS. “IT’S TO LEARN THE GAME, HAVE FUN AND ALSO TO UNDERSTAND THE CONNECTION THE GAME HAS WITH LIFE IN GENERAL. AND TO CONVERT THAT INTO BEING A BETTER SON, A BETTER DAUGHTER, A BETTER STUDENT.”

KOBE’S DECISION TO CREATE THE MAMBA LEAGUE PROMISES TO BE A BREATH OF FRESH AIR AS IT’S MAIN FOCUS IS ON THE TECHNICAL ASPECT OF THE GAME

https://www.kicksonfire.com/kobe-bryant-mamba-league-announcement/
_________________
www.trendydeckpost.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LakersChamps04
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 06 Oct 2003
Posts: 3309

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:50 am    Post subject:

i see no mention of the word 'muse'..whats up Kob'??
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 21 Jul 2012
Posts: 28661
Location: Holland

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:42 am    Post subject:

LakersChamps04 wrote:
i see no mention of the word 'muse'..whats up Kob'??


kobe was our muse all along
_________________
also sprach magic johnson
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2010 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB