Magic Johnson - "We don't want anyone over 7-8% body fat anymore"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:01 pm    Post subject:

I want to support Magic, but he's 'in my face stupid', Jim Buss was ' out of my sight weird and stupid'. If you present something, it's going to get dissected more than something behind the scenes.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:05 pm    Post subject:

Chase.button07 wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
Deathstroke wrote:
How dare Magic tell the team that they need to get in better shape?! The hive mind is strong in this thread

Well, at least it's a mind...

but Omar(with all due respect), we know you are staunch jim buss supporter.

being anti magic, is not taking us anywhere. we should support the guy and hope he succeed for atleast next 3years

Why do the anti Jim and anti mda and anti Mitch guys always tell me I'm supposed to be patient with the guy who not only has a history of being a complete moron as a basketball analyst, but who jumped in and took over under the assumption an emergency change was needed, and now im supposed to give him the benefit of the doubt. Nope. You take over via coup and sabotage, you have to be flawless from moment one. Die by your own sword.
Chase.button07
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:10 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
Deathstroke wrote:
How dare Magic tell the team that they need to get in better shape?! The hive mind is strong in this thread

being anti magic, is not taking us anywhere. we should support the guy and hope he succeed for atleast next 3years

Why do the anti Jim and anti mda and anti Mitch guys always tell me I'm supposed to be patient with the guy who not only has a history of being a complete moron as a basketball analyst, but who jumped in and took over under the assumption an emergency change was needed, and now im supposed to give him the benefit of the doubt. Nope. You take over via coup and sabotage, you have to be flawless from moment one. Die by your own sword.

it goes both way big bro. also i am not anti jim. he is a guy who dig his own grave. 1st by saying he will have the turnaround in a year and then in 3/4 years. ending with bottom 3/4record in 3 consecutive years

he absolutely deserves to be fired after the deng/mozgov deals.

i am in same boat as GT. but i will support Magic and specially Rob Pelnka next 2/3 years
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:13 pm    Post subject:

Chase.button07 wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
Deathstroke wrote:

it goes both way big bro. also i am not anti jim. he is a guy who dig his own grave. 1st by saying he will have the turnaround in a year and then in 3/4 years. ending with bottom 3/4record in 3 consecutive years

he absolutely deserves to be fired after the deng/mozgov deals.

i am in same boat as GT. but i will support Magic and specially Rob Pelnka next 2/3 years

As gt said, whatever you think of him and magic aren't connected. You can line or dislike Jim and still realize the new guy is an egocentric, blabbermouth moron.
Daphanabe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:16 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
Deathstroke wrote:

And what has he done wrong that actually impacts the team? So far all his moves have been positive:
- Pelinka so far has been the right move
- Trading Lou secured the tank and got us 3rd odds, got us a first round pick (which everyone wanted), and a high energy defensive guy (I know you think taking back Brewer was the wrong move)
- He cleared out wasted space (e.g. Huertas), and turned that into Ennis. Everyone laughed at it at the time, but now everyone wants to sign him
- He brought in Nwaba (everyone had been clamoring to leverage our D-League), finally bringing in some athletic, defensive, high working guys
- Now he wants everyone in elite shape, and somehow that is a bad thing
lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:18 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
Deathstroke wrote:

I'm not a fan of Magic nor was I of Jim. I can't control who's running the team but I do know I'm a huge fan of Ingram so there's hope.

I also know I want my level headed, informed, intelligent and once role model of a poster 24 back....
Chase.button07
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:20 pm    Post subject:

lakerjoshua wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
Deathstroke wrote:

I'm not a fan of Magic nor was I of Jim. I can't control who's running the team but I do know I'm a huge fan of Ingram so there's hope.

I also know I want my level headed, informed, intelligent and once role model of a poster 24 back....

nothing but respect and love for 24
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:25 pm    Post subject:

lakerjoshua wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
Deathstroke wrote:

Hey, still level headed, and quite informed. I just know who and what magic is, and like I told people, be careful what you wish for. And frankly, I'm not giving magic the benefit folks wouldn't give Mitch, especially since unlike Mitch he hasn't earned any of it. If Jeanie and Magic want to undermine and take out Jimchak, then they have to be flawless from day one.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:32 pm    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:
Is Magic resigning then?

magic says he'll be getting his body fat down now so as not to seem hypcritical

lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:11 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
lakerjoshua wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
Deathstroke wrote:

Hey, still level headed, and quite informed. I just know who and what magic is, and like I told people, be careful what you wish for. And frankly, I'm not giving magic the benefit folks wouldn't give Mitch, especially since unlike Mitch he hasn't earned any of it. If Jeanie and Magic want to undermine and take out Jimchak, then they have to be flawless from day one.

Fair enough and I totally understand.
Sina
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:57 am    Post subject:

Magic has mentioned that we are a star away from being a contender. 2018 is a big FA summer. I think he wants to show the FA that how good our young players are and wants to know which FA we should go after.
akk7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:16 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
Deathstroke wrote:

Fine, but he hasn't done anything negative yet. In actuality he's been a positive. Not because of the Lou Will deal etc which IMO was going to get done anyway (Yes I know we took in Brewer), but more so the perception of the Lakers positively changing.

He knows how to work the camera, and for once in a very long time there's a sense of unity within the Lakers.

Question I've been curious about is what do you think Mitch does here on out? My guess is retiring. What about you?
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:54 am    Post subject:

Roon wrote:
I still don't know if ya'll realize how much diet plays a part in this.

If you eat clean. Actually clean, and avoid drinking calories, it's not hard at all to be 10% or less.

No sweets, lean meat, lots of veggies/legumes/seeds/nuts. Macro the bread and complex carbs.

Limit the booze. It's not really that hard, you don't need stationary bike in the sauna.

Most people are fat because of their diets, not their lack of exercise.

A pastrami sandwich is about 600 calories at 57 grams of protein. Add in 16 oz of coke(187) and some fries 350 and you're at 1137 calories.
Running at an 8mph for an hour will burn about 782 calories.

That still gives you a calorie surplus of 355. You could run for an hour every day, at a solid pace, and still be fat if you ate like that.

You could get the same amount of protein, with a lot more fiber, vitamins, with hundreds less of calories if your meal is lean meat(fish, poultry) and vegetables.

If a professional athlete is at 13% bodyfat it's because they're eating bad food. Donuts, sweets, cheeseburgers whatever.

Having said all that. Magic could have just said great shape and optimal diets. Putting a relatively arbitrary number out to the media was unnecessary.

So much truth in this from personal experience.

I've been working out off and on for the last 20 years and it took me until recently to truly understand dieting. I'm in my mid 30's and metabolism really started slowing down and I was gaining weight. In my mind I ate a pretty healthy diet (very little red meats, no sugary drinks, no chips, etc). So decided to meet with a personal trainer and competitive bodybuilder because my favorite pants just didn't button up anymore (that was my tipping point ). That meeting was the best $200 I ever spent.

Can't believe all these years I've been doing it wrong. He put me on a meal plan that I thought sounded a bit extreme, although it covered all the macronutrients (protein, carbs, fats) down to the ounce. Long story short, it's been 6 weeks since that 1st meeting and the weight has been falling off like crazy while eating more than I was before. Seeing the start of a 6pack that I haven't seen since my college days. I prep my meals a week in advance and then order through a chef every other week. My goal was 10% bodyfat and he said I should be able to reach that before the end of summer.

I have a crazy work schedule, work really long hours, but I do whatever it takes. I take my meals to work with me, hit the gym no matter how late I get off work. Haven't had a "cheat day" or even a "cheat meal" in 6 weeks. These guys have all day, all summer, and the money to hire the best personal trainers and chefs in the business. What's their excuse? I don't get it. If these guys in their early 20's, with all their resources, can't get to 10% body fat or below then they simply lack discipline. I'm running a business, but if it was my JOB to be in the best physical shape I could be in, I'd be walking around looking like a Michelangelo statue.

I get that some people just don't have it in the cards to look like a Serge Ibaka or David Robinson, but the point Magic is making is that they're not in the best shape that they're capable of achieving. That's it. Zubac will likely never be 8% bodyfat, but that's not the point. People getting too hung up over the number.
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:02 am    Post subject:

Lol at its pretty easy to get to 10% body fat.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:12 am    Post subject:

Magic, how about shutting the (bleep) up?
romeo
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:30 am    Post subject:

Daphanabe wrote:

And what has he done wrong that actually impacts the team? So far all his moves have been positive:
- Trading Lou secured the tank and got us 3rd odds, got us a first round pick (which everyone wanted), and a high energy defensive guy (I know you think taking back Brewer was the wrong move)
- He cleared out wasted space (e.g. Huertas), and turned that into Ennis. Everyone laughed at it at the time, but now everyone wants to sign him
- He brought in Nwaba (everyone had been clamoring to leverage our D-League), finally bringing in some athletic, defensive, high working guys

im good with the moves so far, crossing my fingers that magic listens to luke and ryans and all the scouts inputs. im confident pelinka could manage the salary cap portion
Scoffs
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:11 am    Post subject:

Maybe what he really said was "We don't wany anyone with over 78% body fat anymore."
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:17 am    Post subject:

Daphanabe wrote:

I may be wrong about that, but I think the problem at this point is that Magic was high on Okafor, never told Dlo is our PG of the future and now comes telling everybody is supposed to be well conditioned when Russell told in the exit interview he is supposed to workout to match the eye test of someone (something like this) ... what I get is a extreme fear from Dlo supporters that he is going to get moved as soon as we get a reasonable offer. I feel like the anti Magic crop is basically the pro Russell brotherhood. That would be funny if we have to create a Magic P&M thread before he actually makes anything.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:25 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:

As gt said, whatever you think of him and magic aren't connected. You can line or dislike Jim and still realize the new guy is an egocentric, blabbermouth moron.

Wow.

He is also in many people's minds the greatest player in NBA history or at least in the conversation. And he played his entire career as a Laker.

I don't agree with everything he says either, but to call him a moron is way over the top in my opinion.
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:26 am    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

Wow.

He is also in many people's minds the greatest player in NBA history or at least in the conversation. And he played his entire career as a Laker.

I don't agree with everything he says either, but to call him a moron is way over the top in my opinion.
His tweets say otherwise when it comes to evaluating talent.
Scoffs
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:53 am    Post subject:

I hope Magic doesn't over-rule the scouting department of Ryan West and Jesse Buss; they have a pretty good track record.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:22 am    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

Wow.

of course great players usually don't make great coaches...not sure it translates into FO either
We'll see..
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:24 am    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

Wow.

And that means diddily squat when it comes to running a front office or basketball decisions.

Vancouver Fan wrote:
Lol at its pretty easy to get to 10% body fat.

Closeout games are kinda easy.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:29 am    Post subject:

nash wrote:
Daphanabe wrote:

I may be wrong about that, but I think the problem at this point is that Magic was high on Okafor, never told Dlo is our PG of the future and now comes telling everybody is supposed to be well conditioned when Russell told in the exit interview he is supposed to workout to match the eye test of someone (something like this) ... what I get is a extreme fear from Dlo supporters that he is going to get moved as soon as we get a reasonable offer. I feel like the anti Magic crop is basically the pro Russell brotherhood. That would be funny if we have to create a Magic P&M thread before he actually makes anything.

I think Magic is set on trading Dlo...just a gut feeling
don't think any anti Magic sentiment is rooted in Dlo's defense...more like fear he's going to be a bull in a china shop and ruin what little we've worked for the last few years of higher draft choices
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:31 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
Deathstroke wrote:

Well you really have no other choice (neither do we) because he's our GM until he either steps down or he (bleep) up bad enough to be forced to step down. It makes no sense to choose any little thing to bring anti-Magic statements when we really don't know how he turns out.

So far he's traded Lou Williams for a first round pick which is literally what 95% of this forum wanted and he's hired a guy smarter then him which is also what 95% of this forum wanted. He hasn't even made a terrible move yet and we already have a 12 page thread about people over analyzing his quotes. This is literally a smaller version of the DLO thread and it's funny cause some of these anti-magic people were the first ones to claim that other posters should give DLO some time before the claim he's a bust and our franchise (bleep) up by not drafting Okafor. So how about we do the same with Magic.

Or maybe we should be proactive and just start a "Magic Johnson P&M thread".
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 12 of 17
Jump to: